Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+21
miketheterrible
Isos
Hannibal Barca
nomadski
thegopnik
Walther von Oldenburg
starman
Odin of Ossetia
HUNTER VZLA
magnumcromagnon
Morpheus Eberhardt
GarryB
Cowboy's daughter
Airbornewolf
collegeboy16
kvs
flamming_python
Werewolf
George1
Regular
Sujoy
25 posters

Mysteries and Bizarre Things:

nomadski
    nomadski

Mysteries and Bizarre Things: - Page 5 Empty Re: Mysteries and Bizarre Things:

Post  nomadski Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:11 pm

I do not know the answers . Assuming that these events were causally related , makes sense but runs counter to my normal experience . Assuming that these events were not related supports my normal experience , but makes no sense .

This event is not normal for the individual . They are very rare . But taken collectively  , they seem to happen frequently enough to support the ideas echoed by quantum theory . Scientists so far do not know how this process works , although they make use of it . Similar to a car driver , who makes use of the car , without knowing how a car works .

But I was thinking , about the why . Why would it be better for the universe , to become particulate only temporarily to allow observation , rather than remain particulate in a permanent state ?

I was thinking about a thought experiment . Suppose that all the universe of all the quantum fields were simultaneously and constantly being observed . Then all the stuff in the universe would exist as particles than fields of energy .

What would this do to the universe ?  They can model this in computers . Would it change for example the rate at which universe expands ? Or the speed with wich black holes from ?

If it affects the universe in a positive way , that is gives it a longer life span , allows formation of planets . Then it proves that the universe was built for the purpose of observation or life formation .

Regarding other recorded events , many people saw in their mind's eye , the destruction of Twin towers . Before the event !  Your's truly included  . I envisioned a missile hitting the Twin towers a week before the event . I  remember posting about seeing an Israeli Nursing home being hit by missile a few days in advance . It was in the news ......
    11E

Post  11E Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:17 am

nomadski wrote:@ 1 1E

The wealthiest nations won the greater number of Olympic gold . This has nothing to do with innate or genetic superiority . The IQ measure ,  is about  developed mental ability because of educational opportunity . To measure accurately  then any possible genetic determinants of intelligence , one must compare different racial groups within identical environments .

@ I

If I understand you correctly you have to compare, for example, different ''races'' in the same educational system?

If this is the case I took an study in the USA (https://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/04/15/iqs-of-races-in-the-united-states/) and it, again, turns out that Asians are the people with the highest IQ. Which is interesting.

About the Olympics, I know, an athlete in a developed country have a lot more assets than someone in, for example, Congo. If I look at the assets my son gets who is an above average archer its amazing... at 13 years he has a doctor monitoring him, a sport psychologist, a sport masseur, 5 trainers and lessons how to get sponsors, cope with stress, yoga etc. And this is the for the regional team. So indeed, sportsmen (and women) from developed countries have far more change to get gold.

Regards,
    Lesley

GarryB and Odin of Ossetia like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:14 am

In the case of IQ I think that it is heavily a social construct.   It does not measure the physical potential of the brain but the accumulation
    of knowledge which includes problem solving and not just rote facts.   Humans develop their brains after birth.   No other mammal does
    this including any primate such as chimpanzees.    But even if the peak number of neurons is reached at age four, there is still plenty
    of brain development due to education and life experience into the teens at leat.   So even from the same race and even family you can
    have a lower IQ just because of lack of education and life experience.  

Asians have a cultural fixation on learning.   This is not a stereotype, it is real and applies even to second and third generation Asians
    in the west.   By contrast, blacks in the USA have a cultural aversion to education and take pride of not playing by whitey's rules.  So
    we have the situation of immigrant blacks from Africa outperforming American blacks substantially in terms of education and employment.
    You could say that these African immigrants are some sort of cream of the crop.   But that still does not say anything against the fact that
    they have more IQ because they had to exert themselves in education and were motivated to get the life experience.

We had a professor called Phillip Rushton here in Canada who stratified the races based on IQ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Philippe_Rushton

I think he crossed the line in treating IQ as intrinsic instead of exogenous.   He was not wrong in his assessments of de facto IQ
    patterns across races and its role in crime.    But IQ is not an immutable property of humans populations.    What is immutable is
    an "IQ" distribution with most being mediocre and only a small percentage being genius material.   The sad thing is that over time
    the de facto IQ of the western populations (especially in the USA) is sliding down thanks to reduced education standards and
    the whole rotten mass media and entertainment environment.    This applies to all races blessed to live in the beacons of humanity.

nomadski likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:21 pm

Ignore the cheesy game ad.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:29 am

Clearly the copper tools alleged to have been used by the ancient Egyptians to carve massive pieces of granite and softer rock
    were not used at all for this. The super precise cutting of stone contact surfaces is a true mystery. It is possible to grind a
    very precise surface using polishing discs. This can avoid the hand tool conundrum. But the time to polish every block would
    be enormous compared to the rate of construction of any of the ancient structures. It is also odd that no single image of the
    stone working tech is recorded. Maybe it was considered a secret and never carved or painted in hieroglyphic accounts.

It is also strange that similar stone cutting precision can be found in the new world and even looks similar to what is found in
    the old world. Maybe similar tech solutions were found. A possibility is that some sort of abrasive twine was used to cut the rock.
    No hand saws were used for sure. But such a twine saw requires rather advanced materials. It has to be thin and have very
    hard material act as the abrasive (e.g. diamond).

nomadski and lancelot like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:20 pm

There was a study of surface structure of stone blocks of central America of puma punku . Thinking how they could be cut . A diamond cutting wheel and laser were used on a stone sample , but did not compare to micro-structure of original surface . I think it possible to find the method , because these stones were obviously formed by a tool . And the tool would leave marks and material behind in the surface . But we need accurate measurements of sample core , compared to sample surface . No two mineral compositions of any two Rocks or abrasives are identical . Therefore we find differences in compositions of surface to core . My guess is using stone tools to flatten surfaces by beating , followed by rotating of blocks on other blocks to further smooth down . These structures could be much older and built over tens of thousands of years , instead of 20 to hundred years . Structure weathering suggest , 12000 year old structures , going back to last ice age !

https://www.ancientaliensdebunked.com/puma-punku

kvs and lancelot like this post

kvs
    kvs

Mysteries and Bizarre Things: - Page 5 Empty Internet history

Post  kvs Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:04 pm

Finding the location and some information about one of the most posted images in internet history:

Mysteries and Bizarre Things: - Page 5 Binbows

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:46 am

starman and nomadski like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Mysteries and Bizarre Things: - Page 5 Empty Nearly a map

Post  JohninMK Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:01 pm

Nearly a map............................... Very Happy Very Happy

Centuripe, a small town on the island of Sicily, was photographed from the air by a drone, revealing its five-pointed shape. Multiple images were stitched together by the photographer to reveal the full shape of the town, which has an uncanny resemblance to a person with arms outstretched. The aerial pictures reveal four longer stretches of buildings jetting off in different directions - like limbs - and a shorter fifth one that makes up the 'head'. Local drone snapper Pio Andrea Peri, 32, first discovered the human shape of the town when looking at it on Google Earth.

Mysteries and Bizarre Things: - Page 5 52486745-0-image-m-3_1641204964884

kvs likes this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:55 am

Gates of Hell: Turkmenistan's President wants to close Darvaza gas crater

The desert crater located about 260 kilometres north of the capital, Ashgabat, has burned for decades and is a popular sight for the small number of tourists who come to Turkmenistan, a country which is difficult to enter.
    The Turkmen news site Turkmenportal said a 1971 gas-drilling collapse formed the crater, which is about 60 metres in diameter and 20 metres deep.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:59 pm

If they could build a lid over it and seal it up the oxygen inside would be consumed and suffocate the fire... let it cool down and start pumping out that flammable gas and sell it....
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:59 pm

GarryB likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:41 am

GarryB, magnumcromagnon and nomadski like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:36 pm

http://www.p-i-a.com

Now the KGB used to employ psychic operatives ( and so did CIA ) for spy activity ! Parapsychology and quantum mechanics and wizard of Oz !

9/11 caused statistically significant fluctuations in random number generators ?

https://noetic.org

kvs likes this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Mon May 02, 2022 10:36 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MzIQWUlH0Bk

I will not eat another chicken , as long as I live !

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue May 03, 2022 12:22 am

nomadski wrote:http://www.p-i-a.com

Now the KGB used to employ psychic operatives ( and so did CIA ) for spy activity ! Parapsychology and quantum mechanics and wizard of Oz !

9/11 caused statistically significant fluctuations in random number generators ?

https://noetic.org

People fob off this sort of thing but they are fools. There are some sort of skills that allow certain people (e.g. con artists) to
    "induce" their prey to become victims. I am not talking about a sales pitch. They have some sort of sub-conscious influence.
    Maybe it is in their mannerisms and the way they use their speech that taps into a susceptibility we have as a species. But
    maybe it is at the parapsychology level. The quantum entanglement of their brains with those of others is leveraged at a higher
    level and not just noise.

The concept of telepathy is perhaps seeded by this sort of quantum level "steered noise". Of course it is unlikely that any human
    will ever have the ability to read other people's thoughts. That is just too much tomographic reconstruction to be plausible. This
    does not preclude lower level "mind reading and influencing".
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue May 03, 2022 6:56 am

If you watch the TV show called the Mentalist, a former psychic reveals the tricks he uses to fool people which are mostly observation based looking for clues and understanding human psychology... in other words being like Sherlock Holmes and looking for clues to piece together what happened.

Of course someone can know these tricks and fake it so they appear to be lying or appear to be telling the truth depending on the effect they want.

Admitting to a crime but appearing to be lying would be a good way of getting away with a real crime as long as the people you admit it to can work out that you appear to be lying... otherwise you might just end up in Jail.

kvs likes this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Sun May 29, 2022 10:56 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9B5l8l_IZCg

I fed some Magpies near my house , a few years ago . Then following this " kind " act of mine , for about two later years , I had a magpie , come to my window and look inside the house at me ( there were other people inside , but it on!y made eye contact with me ) ! It went away the following year . Now , I have a new Magpie . A young one , about a year old , that I never fed or seen before , that calls for me , from outside my house . When it hears me move and make sounds , it starts the loudest noises it can . Until I come out and leave food for it ! Yes , it is manipulating and harrassing me ! But who told it , where to look ?

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:19 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cfPlONgOPs0

Humans ! Animals !

kvs and Sprut-B like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:26 am

The dogs are definitely responding to the likes and wishes of their "masters". They are smart enough to pick up on the "right" way
    to behave. So the dog saving the fawn would not be behaviour of a wild animal such as a coyote or wolf. I am not ranking which
    is better. Humans have different cultural standards too.

Then there are situations where an animal can act on a whim just as a human.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:11 am

nlyh likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:28 pm

nlyh likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:20 pm

The Egyptian stone work case demonstrates how modern academia can be a ludicrous farce no better than the quacks from the dark
    ages. Any subject where the facts are not self-evident is corrupted with Mickey Mouse theorizing determined by the "consensus" and
    not desire for the objective truth. Subjects such as astrophysics (including cosmology) are rife with the same "proof by authority" nonsense
    as archeology.

What is galling is how these clowns can't even be bothered to come up with theories that are not intellectually insulting. If ancient
    Egyptians had copper, they could have assembled the dolerite rock "spheres" into a "bead chain" bound by copper segments and applied
    the chain-saw concept suggested in the first video above. They do not need alien technology or internal combustion engines. They
    just needed a man or animal powered mechanism to spin the dolerite saw chain at a relatively high speed. The efficiency of rock
    cutting would increase by potentially two or three orders of magnitude depending on how long the dolerite saw chain was and how
    fast it was spun.

This would explain the mounds of broken dolerite spheres and the copper used for such chains would have been scavenged over the
    centuries and unlikely to have been buried and preserved. It's too bad the labyrinth has been flooded by the Aswan high dam.
    Maybe some chain elements could have survived there.

But it is clear that tubular and other saws able to cut through granite were used to produce a large number of objects. So copper
    was not the limit of the metal technology that the civilization that made these objects had.

nomadski likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:47 am

When it hears me move and make sounds , it starts the loudest noises it can . Until I come out and leave food for it ! Yes , it is manipulating and harrassing me ! But who told it , where to look ?

Maybe his predecessors wrote "Sucker" on your roof in birdshit... and he read it before the rain washed it away... Twisted Evil
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:06 am

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 pm