Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+25
Odin of Ossetia
Regular
kvs
Hole
jhelb
Tsavo Lion
Kimppis
George1
ATLASCUB
MiamiMachineShop
flamming_python
Rodion_Romanovic
higurashihougi
JohninMK
miketheterrible
Hannibal Barca
magnumcromagnon
GarryB
AlfaT8
Admin
KiloGolf
Walther von Oldenburg
PapaDragon
Aristide
Isos
29 posters

France Foreign Policy and Diplomacy

GarryB
    GarryB

France Foreign Policy and Diplomacy - Page 3 Empty Re: France Foreign Policy and Diplomacy

Post  GarryB Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:57 am

And France is where they came from, yet France seems to have a bit of diversity appearing too.

China plays no role?

Denial plays into their hands...

When Chinese billionaires see what a beautiful country they have so close by... they are bound to want to buy a piece... and if they own a piece they will also want a say in how the place is run... and bring friends and family... initially for visits but later to stay.

Don't fight it... welcome your new overlords... they might even let some French stay... they will need cabana boys afterall to provide cold drinks on the beach...
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

France Foreign Policy and Diplomacy - Page 3 Empty Re: France Foreign Policy and Diplomacy

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:03 am

If the French r 60% of the population, no wonder they didn't vote for the independence, even if only pre-1998 arrivals could vote!
    It's like setting up a referendum on Hokkaido or Sakhalin were the Ainus r a minority.
    IMO Australia would try to get it before China- they don't want to have another Cuba or Indonesia next door!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:18 am

Australia are too weak militarily to challenge France, and quite frankly they don't have the money.

When 5-6 percent of your population will become obscenely wealthy, while the rest mostly struggle for basic subsistence on 2-3 minimum wage paying jobs, when you have a population of 1.5 billion, that is still a lot of people with way too much money... makes China rather an interesting country to watch.

The current riots in France... how long before they get a change forced upon them by the people... when the one billion euros stops coming... what will the little colonies do then?

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:41 am

Australia are too weak militarily to challenge France, and quite frankly they don't have the money.
    As long as France owns it who cares, but if/when New Caledonia becomes independent & a failed state, then Australia will take it over before some1 else does.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:38 pm

GarryB wrote:Australia are too weak militarily to challenge France, and quite frankly they don't have the money.

When 5-6 percent of your population will become obscenely wealthy, while the rest mostly struggle for basic subsistence on 2-3 minimum wage paying jobs, when you have a population of 1.5 billion, that is still a lot of people with way too much money... makes China rather an interesting country to watch.

The current riots in France... how long before they get a change forced upon them by the people... when the one billion euros stops coming... what will the little colonies do then?

Again your speak with absoliute idiocy.

You have no clue whats going on nor could even find New Caledonia on a map.

New Caledonia is France. Settled by ethnic french.

The people in France demonstrate against Macron. The most unpopular president France ever had.

What happenes when MAcron loses office?

I can tell you what happens, we get a women as president

France Foreign Policy and Diplomacy - Page 3 20170218_BLP512

Things will change then. New Caledonia will not get 1 billion each year anymore, but 5 billions. All the money wasted for liberal leftist bullshit projects will flow into France. Our outer territories.

That said, China can´t invest in any of our lands and not even in our corporations. Its banned for chinese to buy land here or any companies.

There is no denial. We are smart people. We know full well the dangers of China. And we have effective counter meassures in place. Demonisation commercials and propaganda targeting not just China as country but the chinese as people.

We have laws that block China out. Beside that Chinese are under racist attacks and politics fuel the "yellow scare". The "remainers did make election commercials about how New Caledonia would be destroyed by the "pancake faces"
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:29 pm

U been kicked out of SE Asia with Chinese help; France doesn't have a beach there any more, but China has a long 1 from Korea to Vietnam & her navy in the Pacific will be on a par with the USN in 10 years, if not sooner. Maybe not in our lifetime, but eventually the Pacific will be a Chinese lake. Racist anti-Chinese propaganda won't help.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:32 am

lol1 The French-fry is sizzling. All this hot talk about "France is capable of this and that", don't forget when the Germans marched in the French-fries went in to hiding, when the Japanese came for 'your' colonies, the French-fries ran with fecal filled trousers. Just a reminder for our Escar-Gaul, be careful with all the salt, you might start to shrivel.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:36 am

What has happened my French Snail... not long ago you were dribbling all about how Micron was the best and you supported him all the way... was it the grooming of Trumps suits, or the fact that he followed Trump around like a dog expecting to be taken for a walk that has turned your opinion.

More fundamentally... Le Pen!!! Jesus... she is the Pro Putin Pro Russia French politician... are you really turning your support there?

How Amusing.

Of course it is actually to the benefit of France... the two main economic powers today is Asia and the EU... America knows this and it is afraid because if Russia and China open up their Silk roads then trade between the EU and Asia becomes much cheaper and much faster... but these trade routes Russia and China are funding and building themselves don't in any way improve trade to the US... in fact by making trade between the EU and Asia cheaper and quicker it makes trade with the US from the EU or Asia less attractive.

The enemy of Europe today is the US because it wants to increase trade with Asia as those economies grow, but it knows it has competition with China and the EU.... Russia is no direct competition in terms of economics in this case.

The question the EU has to decide on is do they want the Ukraine and the Baltic states and Poland and the US to make Russia and China the enemy and tie their own hands in terms of trade with Asia, or will they say... fuck you idiots... Russia and China don't need to be our best buddies but they own transport lanes that will allow much more profitable trade with Asia where we can make a shit load of money.

Of course when I say Asia... I am including China in that because trade with China will also be important in both directions.

With the UK out of the EU it will keep bleating about evil Russia, because trade routes across Russia wont benefit them at all, and it makes sense for them to keep ties with the US as good as they can because they will need support...

If Le Pen gets in I think France will get together with whomever replaces Merkel and look to Russia so solve a lot of international problems and also to make trade between europe and asia cheaper and quicker and the baltics and other nay sayers will likely get no say.

Will be interesting to see what Le Pen does with NATO membership and the proposed EU force... Germany seemed disturbingly keen...
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:54 pm

Funny discussing about France's road to glory.
    This German spin off, lost its historic chance when failed to win a single time in 400 hundred years of competition against a tiny, isolated, island, at the battlefields or on the diplomacy tables.
    It is only a matter of whether it will be the Africans or the Asians the new settlers, blacks go with a head start.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:12 am

GarryB wrote:What has happened my French Snail... not long ago you were dribbling all about how Micron was the best and you supported him all the way... was it the grooming of Trumps suits, or the fact that he followed Trump around like a dog expecting to be taken for a walk that has turned your opinion.

More fundamentally... Le Pen!!! Jesus... she is the Pro Putin Pro Russia French politician... are you really turning your support there?

How Amusing.

Of course it is actually to the benefit of France... the two main economic powers today is Asia and the EU... America knows this and it is afraid because if Russia and China open up their Silk roads then trade between the EU and Asia becomes much cheaper and much faster... but these trade routes Russia and China are funding and building themselves don't in any way improve trade to the US... in fact by making trade between the EU and Asia cheaper and quicker it makes trade with the US from the EU or Asia less attractive.

The enemy of Europe today is the US because it wants to increase trade with Asia as those economies grow, but it knows it has competition with China and the EU.... Russia is no direct competition in terms of economics in this case.

The question the EU has to decide on is do they want the Ukraine and the Baltic states and Poland and the US to make Russia and China the enemy and tie their own hands in terms of trade with Asia, or will they say... fuck you idiots... Russia and China don't need to be our best buddies but they own transport lanes that will allow much more profitable trade with Asia where we can make a shit load of money.

Of course when I say Asia... I am including China in that because trade with China will also be important in both directions.

With the UK out of the EU it will keep bleating about evil Russia, because trade routes across Russia wont benefit them at all, and it makes sense for them to keep ties with the US as good as they can because they will need support...

If Le Pen gets in I think France will get together with whomever replaces Merkel and look to Russia so solve a lot of international problems and also to make trade between europe and asia cheaper and quicker and the baltics and other nay sayers will likely get no say.

Will be interesting to see what Le Pen does with NATO membership and the proposed EU force... Germany seemed disturbingly keen...

Nevermind using logic with this salty, greasy French-Fry....Putin is behind the riots!

France Foreign Policy and Diplomacy - Page 3 Putin-in-Paris-1

...What will the Escar-Gaul do now? As salty as he is now, he'll start boiling and frothing at the mouth....which isn't unusual as it's typical EU standard, they get their healthy copious amounts of 'Gender-Fluid', on a typical bender...a 'Gender Bender' perhaps?
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:58 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:lol1 The French-fry is sizzling. All this hot talk about "France is capable of this and that", don't forget when the Germans marched in the French-fries went in to hiding, when the Japanese came for 'your' colonies, the French-fries ran with fecal filled trousers. Just a reminder for our Escar-Gaul, be careful with all the salt, you might start to shrivel.

A story is not over till the end is told.

Tell me what happened to the Germans in 1945? In April french soldiers fucked their women and german men had to do slave work in french mines.

An today in 2018 France takes evrything from Germany, spits in their face and they say Thank you.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:15 pm

GarryB wrote:What has happened my French Snail... not long ago you were dribbling all about how Micron was the best and you supported him all the way... was it the grooming of Trumps suits, or the fact that he followed Trump around like a dog expecting to be taken for a walk that has turned your opinion.

How Amusing.

You talk so much bullshit it hurts.

I support Marine since day one. I´m member of the youth group of Rassemblement National, which is her own party. I never supported Macron, i said i respect the office of the president.

And for your information...Marine is not a "Pro-Putin" or "Pro-Russia" politician. She is purely pro-France. France is evrything she cares for.

Your problem is that you dont understand peoples motivation and because of this you fail.

I hate multilateralism, i hate NGO, i despise liberalism.

In some aspects i support Macron. I like how he fucks with Germany and simply takes their money. I like how he humilates Italy and pushs negroids into Italy, while not allowing any negroes in.

I like how he nationalized our shipyard and kicked italian investors out. What i dont like is how is his retarded way to govern.

You ask how Marine would rule?

I tell you..USA and China are at economic war and Russia sanctioned. Its in french interest to keep the conflict with Russia in Ukraine burn and continue. Sanctions on Russia must be kept high. Russia depends on energy delivery. France surpports the new Nordstream II pipeline, because we get cheap gas as long Russia is under pressure. Its also in French interest to keep things between USA and China escalate further.

China cancelled alot of american made things like Boeing and orders now Airbus. That China doesnt buy american soy beans anymore let the market collapse and we get cheap soy beans while on other side block our market from US agriculture imports of things that we produce our own.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:43 pm

Ur last post confirms that the World doesn't revolve around & exist to support France, as u depend on rivalries of bigger players.
     What would u do if Germany & Russia get closer, kiss Uncle Sam's ass again or join in?
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:Ur last post confirms that the World doesn't revolve around & exist to support France, as u depend on rivalries of bigger players.
     What would u do if Germany & Russia get closer, kiss Uncle Sam's ass again or join in?

Not bigger partners. Its a game France plays since day one and with great sucess.

We betrayed the byzantine empire and supported the turks.

And you know why she stands in New York?

France Foreign Policy and Diplomacy - Page 3 The-oder-lady-liberty-f39e

She is a gift from France. USA would not exist without our schemes. It was France that schemed against the british in their war against the colonies in North America.

There are not many countries in the world who play this game as good as we do.

What we would do if Germany and Russia get closer? Same we did before, create conflict.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Russia refused to send troops against the 13 British colonies who declared independence, so not only France is to be thanked by them!
    But u had to sell Louisiana, lost colonies in Canada, India, Indochina, & Africa; failed to colonize Thailand & build the Panama Canal.
    Ur 1956 intervention with the UK in the Suez Canal was stopped by the US & USSR threats. Now Egypt owns it, not France. If the FN ever  needs to bypass it, it'll need to go around Africa, across the Atlantic & Panama Canal & the Pacific, or ask Russia for permission to use the NSR.
    That's in ur judgement! The British diplomacy set Napoleon against Russia (resulting in Waterloo & Russian army occupation of Paris) & made sure u had conflicts with Germany.
    China is also good at using others against each other, like "the Monkey King watching 2 tigers fight from a tree & then become master of the world".
    This self righteous hubris is what helps u lose wars. If u create more conflicts, don't be surprised if the conflict erupts in France itself. Don't bother to reply, & drop dead!

Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:28 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:Russia refused to send troops against the 13 British colonies who declared independence, so not only France is to be thanked by them!
    But u had to sell Louisiana, lost colonies in Canada, India, Indochina,  failed to colonize Thailand & build Panama Canal.
    That's in ur judgement! The British diplomacy set Napoleon against Russia (resulting in Waterloo & Russian army occupation of Paris) & made sure u had conflicts with Germany. China is also good at using others against each other, like "the Monkey King watching 2 tigers fight from a tree & then become master of the world".
    This self righteous hubris is what helps u lose wars. If u create more conflicts, don't be surprised the conflict erupting in France itself.

I love conflicts. Evrything must have constant struggle. Fight evry day. Kill or get killed. There is no peace. Peace is an illussion. Peace means stagnation and death. Evrything that stagnates
    will always fail at the end.

we lost no colonies in Canada. Quebec is setteled only by french and basicly autonomous from Canada with strong independence moves towards France. India, Indochina are worthless shitholes inhabitated by non french. Its useless to have them, since we would never profit there.

The areas we have now are setteled by French, its land we made our own.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:46 am

we lost no colonies in Canada. Quebec is setteled only by french and basicly autonomous from Canada with strong independence moves towards France.
    They r French Canadians ruled from Ottawa, not Paris, & there r other ethnicities besides them.
    India, Indochina are worthless shitholes inhabited by non french. Its useless to have them, since we would never profit there.
    Bull shit! The British & Portuguese left India a lot later then France, & they profited there enormously. U tried to keep Vietnam & asked the US for help; "fighting Communism" was just an excuse to get them involved. Is French Guiana a shit hole inhabited by Black & Native non French & useless? If so, why not give them independence, or may be they asked u stay? If so, there should be protests in Paris with demands to get rid of an overseas liability.
    https://regnum.ru/news/polit/2532940.html
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:06 am

Aristide wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:lol1 The French-fry is sizzling. All this hot talk about "France is capable of this and that", don't forget when the Germans marched in the French-fries went in to hiding, when the Japanese came for 'your' colonies, the French-fries ran with fecal filled trousers. Just a reminder for our Escar-Gaul, be careful with all the salt, you might start to shrivel.

A story is not over till the end is told.

Tell me what happened to the Germans in 1945? In April french soldiers fucked their women and german men had to do slave work in french mines.

An today in 2018 France takes evrything from Germany, spits in their face and they say Thank you.

Here's a giant salt pile located in Hesse, Germany for our Escar-Gaul.

France Foreign Policy and Diplomacy - Page 3 VFXgT3PiFGFU8oAGAlXObeeq9InfqQ7rQjHuzWe0rHI

*Escar-Gaul PTSD intensifies*
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:22 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:
    we lost no colonies in Canada. Quebec is setteled only by french and basicly autonomous from Canada with strong independence moves towards France.
    They r French Canadians ruled from Ottawa, not Paris, & there r other ethnicities besides them.
    India, Indochina are worthless shitholes inhabited by non french. Its useless to have them, since we would never profit there.
    Bull shit! The British & Portuguese left India a lot later then France, & they profited there enormously. U tried to keep Vietnam & asked the US for help; "fighting Communism" was just an excuse to get them involved. Is French Guiana a shit hole inhabited by Black & Native non French & useless? If so, why not give them independence, or may be they asked u stay? If so, there should be protests in Paris with demands to get rid of an overseas liability.
    https://regnum.ru/news/polit/2532940.html

You amuse me.

The people of Quebec are ruled from Montreal. Speak only french and have autonomy, own laws, taxes.

Colonialism in its initial phase was a negative business. It gave prestige but did cost billions. The mother nation does not profit as long the colony has a native population.

You have three ways to make it profitable.

Option one is to replace the original population with french people. This was done sucessful on New Caledonia. The natives are pushed back more and more. Their numbers reduced to a level they cant step up in a political movement.

Option two is to give fake independence but beside that hold them like servants. This we did with Madagascar, Niger, Chad and Mali. Before their independence we had to pay for their support. With their independence our payments ended but because we create constate division, hold them short in food and act iinside their countries as we wish, they cant develop. Madgascar is a prime example. On paper it is independend. In reality we take out of it what we want. They even send each year 350 million € to France.

Option three is to simply incorporate it, as we did with Polynesia, French Guiana and La Reunion.

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:02 am

The people of Quebec are ruled from Montreal. Speak only french and have autonomy, own laws, taxes.
    Colonialism in its initial phase was a negative business. It gave prestige but did cost billions. The mother nation does not profit as long the colony has a native population.
    An autonomy is not "independence"- it's fake by ur own definition. Ottawa has the final word in all foreign, financial & defense matters as it's the Canadian capital. Another good example is Indian reservation system in the US & Canada. Nominally they r separate nations but in reality federal laws apply & their internal matters r interfered with. The same with autonomous regions/areas in Russia & China.
    With their independence our payments ended but because we create constate division, hold them short in food and act iinside their countries as we wish, they cant develop. Madgascar is a prime example. On paper it is independend. In reality we take out of it what we want. They even send each year 350 million € to France.
    If they can't develop, how r they able to send u any €? Perhaps they just print it!
    When u oppress & plunder people, eventually they'll rise up like all ur colonies in Haiti, SE Asia & in Caledonia did.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:43 pm

Yeah I heard it was german men that got the attention and the german women were sent to the mines.

For the french women it meant they could get paid for it again instead of having to give it away for free for five years...

Of course I don't mean that... it is rather offensive, but you get what you deserve, and being a french prat you deserve no better.

Apologies to other French members who don't deserve such disrespect.

Yeah... france... stay classy...

You talk so much bullshit it hurts.

learn not to each bullshit when you see it...

I never supported Macron, i said i respect the office of the president.

You were his girly little bitch when he was being strong on your borders...

And for your information...Marine is not a "Pro-Putin" or "Pro-Russia" politician. She is purely pro-France. France is evrything she cares for.

Which means friendly relations with Russia... get your knee pads out...

I hate multilateralism, i hate NGO, i despise liberalism.

You think this is about you?

In some aspects i support Macron. I like how he fucks with Germany and simply takes their money. I like how he humilates Italy and pushs negroids into Italy, while not allowing any negroes in.

What happened to
    I never supported Macron

You ask how Marine would rule?

Not really... France is not really that important to me... or to you either.... I looked at one of your early posts and you said you loved France and then posted photos from islands in the Pacific that aren't even France... hahaha.

I tell you..USA and China are at economic war and Russia sanctioned. Its in french interest to keep the conflict with Russia in Ukraine burn and continue. Sanctions on Russia must be kept high. Russia depends on energy delivery. France surpports the new Nordstream II pipeline, because we get cheap gas as long Russia is under pressure. Its also in French interest to keep things between USA and China escalate further.

Let me tell you... if you allow the US to get between Russia and Europe then the EU will find it cannot use the northern sea route from asia, or the rail lines through Russia from Japan and China and South Korea.
    There will be nothing to stop Russian gas sales to Europe... Europe simply wont allow the US to sabotage that, but sales of gas to China and asia are expanding and becoming rather more profitable for Russia... you would get cheap gas without pressure on Russia... Russia hasn't reduced gas prices... and your bullshit regarding north and south pipes has pretty much ensured you wont get it any cheaper either because it has to be profitable...

If the EU had cooperated with south and north pipelines they could be running now and they could probably have reduced the price into the bargain, but for an enemy with Russia under sanctions... why the hell would they give you a better price... moron.

You are pissing on the shoes of the country that gives you cheap energy... keep it up dickhead... in a few years it might be the only thing that will keep your feet warm next winter.

That China doesnt buy american soy beans anymore let the market collapse and we get cheap soy beans while on other side block our market from US agriculture imports of things that we produce our own.

The Russians are now selling Soybeans to China and are negotiating increasing their supply to fill Chinese demand.

Of course Argentina are buying cheap US soybean they couldn't sell to China... so everyone wins except the US farmer.

Russia refused to send troops against the 13 British colonies who declared independence, so not only France is to be thanked by them!

But is France thanked by the US?

I seem to remember terms like Cheese eating surrender monkey being directed at france by the US at one stage fairly recently.

This self righteous hubris is what helps u lose wars. If u create more conflicts, don't be surprised if the conflict erupts in France itself. Don't bother to reply, & drop dead!

Great at starting wars, but not so good at fighting them or winning them unless the enemy is armed with spears and arrows.

Don't waste your time Tsavo Lion... he is a lost soul that does not want to be saved... he enjoys his ignorant view of the world.... if you ever managed to convince him otherwise you would make him very unhappy with life and the way the world is...
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:47 pm

History is a funny old thing.... last time the Russians fought the British for Crimea the Americans actually offered snipers to help the Russian against those hated Poms...
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:21 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:
    An autonomy is not "independence"- it's fake by ur own definition. Ottawa has the final word in all foreign, financial & defense matters as it's the Canadian capital. Another good example is Indian reservation system in the US & Canada. Nominally they r separate nations but in reality federal laws apply & their internal matters r interfered with. The same with autonomous regions/areas in Russia & China.
    With their independence our payments ended but because we create constate division, hold them short in food and act iinside their countries as we wish, they cant develop. Madgascar is a prime example. On paper it is independend. In reality we take out of it what we want. They even send each year 350 million € to France.
    If they can't develop, how r they able to send u any €? Perhaps they just print it!
    When u oppress & plunder people, eventually they'll rise up like all ur colonies in Haiti, SE Asia & in Caledonia did.

Wrong again.

1. Caledonia is scotland and was never part of France.

2. You mean NEw Caledonia, wich is not a colony and never was a colony. Its part of France. There isa difference between a colony and part of a country. Beside that there also never was an uprising in NEw Caledonia. Its setteled by 60% french population. French dont rise against France.

3. How Madagascar is able to pay us the yearly 350 million €? They have income from mining.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:15 pm

Beside that there also never was an uprising in NEw Caledonia.
    Between 1976 and 1988, conflicts between French government actions and the Kanak independence movement saw periods of serious violence and disorder.
    In March 1984, the Kanak resistance, Front Indépendantiste, seized farms and the Kanak and Socialist National Liberation Front (FLNKS) formed a provisional government. In January 1985, the French Socialist government offered sovereignty to the Kanaks and legal protection for European settlers. The plan faltered as violence escalated. The government declared a state of emergency; however, regional elections went ahead, and the FLNKS won control of three out of four provinces. The centre-right government elected in France in March 1986 began eroding the arrangements established under the Socialists, redistributing lands mostly without consideration of native land claims, resulting in over two-thirds going to Europeans and less than a third to the Kanaks. By the end of 1987, roadblocks, gun battles and the destruction of property culminated in the Ouvéa cave hostage taking, a dramatic hostage crisis on the eve of the presidential elections in France. Pro-independence militants on Ouvéa killed four gendarmes and took 27 hostage. The military response resulted in nineteen Kanak deaths and another three deaths in custody. ..
    Since 1986, the United Nations Committee on Decolonization has included New Caledonia on the United Nations list of Non-Self-Governing Territories. ..
    Under the Nouméa Accord, signed in 1998 following a period of secessionist unrest in the 1980s and approved in a referendum, New Caledonia held a second referendum on independence on 4 November 2018, where 56.9% of voters chose to remain with France.
    [a thin margin indeed!] The official name of the territory, Nouvelle-Calédonie, could be changed in the near future due to the accord, which states that "a name, a flag, an anthem, a motto, and the design of banknotes will have to be sought by all parties together, to express the Kanak identity and the future shared by all parties." To date, however, there has been no consensus on a new name for the territory, although Kanak Republic is popular among 40% of the population. New Caledonia has increasingly adopted its own symbols, choosing an anthem, a motto, and a new design for its banknotes. In July 2010, New Caledonia adopted the Kanak flag, alongside the existing French tricolor, as dual official flags of the territory. The adoption made New Caledonia one of the few countries or territories in the world with two official national flags. The decision to use two flags has been a constant battleground between the two sides and led the coalition government to collapse in February 2011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Caledonia#French_dependency

A dependency or territory is a quasi-colony. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overseas_France#Special_collectivity
    Madagascar is huge recipient of French government aid and development assistance.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France%E2%80%93Madagascar_relations#History
    In 2012, bilateral trade between both nations amounted to €632 million euros. ..
    Several French multinational companies operate in Madagascar particularly in the banking, telephone and energy industries. French companies such as Crédit Agricole, Société Générale, Orange and Total all have offices and operate in Madagascar
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France%E2%80%93Madagascar_relations#Trade
    If those multinationals r sending € (i.e. profits) to France, it's not the same as the government of Madagascar sending € to France; in any case they return back as the aid quoted above.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:24 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:
    Beside that there also never was an uprising in NEw Caledonia.
    Between 1976 and 1988, conflicts between French government actions and the Kanak independence movement saw periods of serious violence and disorder.
    In March 1984, the Kanak resistance, Front Indépendantiste, seized farms and the Kanak and Socialist National Liberation Front (FLNKS) formed a provisional government. In January 1985, the French Socialist government offered sovereignty to the Kanaks and legal protection for European settlers. The plan faltered as violence escalated. The government declared a state of emergency; however, regional elections went ahead, and the FLNKS won control of three out of four provinces. The centre-right government elected in France in March 1986 began eroding the arrangements established under the Socialists, redistributing lands mostly without consideration of native land claims, resulting in over two-thirds going to Europeans and less than a third to the Kanaks. By the end of 1987, roadblocks, gun battles and the destruction of property culminated in the Ouvéa cave hostage taking, a dramatic hostage crisis on the eve of the presidential elections in France. Pro-independence militants on Ouvéa killed four gendarmes and took 27 hostage. The military response resulted in nineteen Kanak deaths and another three deaths in custody. ..
    Since 1986, the United Nations Committee on Decolonization has included New Caledonia on the United Nations list of Non-Self-Governing Territories. ..
    Under the Nouméa Accord, signed in 1998 following a period of secessionist unrest in the 1980s and approved in a referendum, New Caledonia held a second referendum on independence on 4 November 2018, where 56.9% of voters chose to remain with France.
    [a thin margin indeed!] The official name of the territory, Nouvelle-Calédonie, could be changed in the near future due to the accord, which states that "a name, a flag, an anthem, a motto, and the design of banknotes will have to be sought by all parties together, to express the Kanak identity and the future shared by all parties." To date, however, there has been no consensus on a new name for the territory, although Kanak Republic is popular among 40% of the population. New Caledonia has increasingly adopted its own symbols, choosing an anthem, a motto, and a new design for its banknotes. In July 2010, New Caledonia adopted the Kanak flag, alongside the existing French tricolor, as dual official flags of the territory. The adoption made New Caledonia one of the few countries or territories in the world with two official national flags. The decision to use two flags has been a constant battleground between the two sides and led the coalition government to collapse in February 2011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Caledonia#French_dependency

A dependency or territory is a quasi-colony. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overseas_France#Special_collectivity
    Madagascar is huge recipient of French government aid and development assistance.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France%E2%80%93Madagascar_relations#History
    In 2012, bilateral trade between both nations amounted to €632 million euros. ..
    Several French multinational companies operate in Madagascar particularly in the banking, telephone and energy industries. French companies such as Crédit Agricole, Société Générale, Orange and Total all have offices and operate in Madagascar
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France%E2%80%93Madagascar_relations#Trade
    If those multinationals r sending € (i.e. profits) to France, it's not the same as the government of Madagascar sending € to France; in any case they return back as the aid quoted above.

That was no uprising. The Kanaks have become a small minority and had to accept their fate. They are not a real culture. As you see we know how to deal with savages. You need to keep them on a short leash.

The socialists promised tehm too much, which led to more violance. The conservatives simply crushed them. Which worked quite well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 am