Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+39
Mir
lyle6
xeno
TMA1
Big_Gazza
Russian_Patriot_
PhSt
calripson
Scorpius
marcellogo
Shadåw
magnumcromagnon
0nillie0
hoom
Hole
Sprut-B
Austin
ZoA
Interlinked
kvs
par far
Peŕrier
AlfaT8
Isos
Cyrus the great
Cheetah
The-thing-next-door
Cyberspec
GarryB
flamming_python
GunshipDemocracy
George1
miketheterrible
PapaDragon
KoTeMoRe
franco
Regular
Benya
Arctic_Fox
43 posters

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2

GarryB
    GarryB

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2

Post  GarryB Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:57 am

Making a customer happy can be the difference between a sale and nothing... he would be a fool to not be nice.

His job is to sell weapons, not judge who is buying them... ironically the west preaches morals and ethics and bend over backwards to please worst guys than this to buy their shit.
    Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:40 pm

SKS-AUG
    Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2 - Page 15 Opsvkp10

GarryB, TMA1 and Mir like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:49 pm

Tech-heresy to be sure
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:58 pm

Would you believe their is an SKS hidden underneath all that!

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2 - Page 15 Sks-bu10
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:07 pm

I can believe it

But I just don't know why someone would go through the bother

US gun laws?
    TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:22 pm

Russian_Patriot_ wrote:SKS-AUG
    Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2 - Page 15 Opsvkp10

...uhhh... if I find this thing freaking gorgeous does that mean something is wrong with me? unshaven
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:27 pm

flamming_python wrote:I can believe it

US gun laws?

Most probably a US build. Some people just like of gadgets but yes personally would just keep it as is. I particularly like the Yugoslav version.

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2 - Page 15 M59-6610
    TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:48 pm

Mir wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:I can believe it

US gun laws?

Most probably a US build. Some people just like of gadgets but yes personally would just keep it as is. I particularly like the Yugoslav version.

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2 - Page 15 M59-6610

...us Americans bubba'd the crap out of SKS rifles so now it's not as easy to find them with original parts. So many bad tepco jobs on em... very sad.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:59 am

I was just about to buy an SKS when our rule changes made it no longer an option.

Nice simple rifle, easy to clean, not heavy, cheap ammo that will knock down anything I want to shoot up to about 150m.

Low recoil, cheap to buy, accurate enough... a good bush rifle... an excellent calibre for hunting pigs and goats and small deer in bush.

Would have just used a simple x1 magnification red dot sight for easy point and fire.

Good for hunting wild goats... if you see a mob of 4-5 you have a good chance of dropping all of them if you are careful with your shots.

The fixed mag of course means follow up shots will take longer than you probably have so a ten shot model would have been useful... because the ones that get away are harder to get next time.

(Sorry, should clarify that the SKSs for sale in New Zealand for about the last 20 years have been limited to 7 shots only... because those extra three shots could make it dangerous.)

BTW that Steyr shaped model looks nice... but the wood like like formica... the stuff they use for kitchen counter tops... I think it would look better if it was cut from one piece of wood.

The problem with that bullpup layout is that my friends old one I used to look after for him ejected shells straight up... which might be a bit close to ones face on that layout.
    Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:21 pm

Russia has developed a new submachine gun for special forces. 

The new KEDR-PARA submachine gun, designed for law enforcement agencies and special forces forces, was developed on an initiative basis by Zlatoust Machine-Building Plant (Zlatmash, part of the Roscosmos State Corporation), Vadim Astashin, head of the Small Arms Sales Bureau of Zlatmash JSC, told RIA Novosti on the Day of the Gunsmith.

"The KEDR-PARA is designed for a 9x19 caliber cartridge and should replace the PP-91 Kedr submachine gun currently in service with law enforcement agencies" – he explained.

The submachine gun is designed for close combat in the city. With its relatively small size and weight, it has a great firepower. The rate of fire is 1000 rounds per minute, the initial velocity of the bullet is 430 meters per second, the muzzle energy is 638 Joules, the resource is 10,000 shots.

The weapon has a targeted firing range of up to 100 meters. The accuracy of shooting at this distance is 150 millimeters. "These indicators completely exclude accidental defeat during combat operations and allow you to hit live forces equipped with bulletproof vests" – the representative of Zlatmash, said. 

In August 2021, "KEDR-PARA" was successfully tested under the supervision of the FKU NGO "Special Equipment and Communications" of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. The units that tested the new submachine gun offered to equip it with picatinny bars so that various attachments (a flashlight, a laser designator, etc.) could be installed on it.Such changes have already been made to the design of this submachine gun, Astashin said.

State tests of the new submachine gun are scheduled for the beginning of 2022, after that a decision will be made on its commissioning.

Source: 
    Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2 - Page 15 _pwuyv10

GarryB, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy and Mir like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:41 am

That is excellent news... I liked the Klin and Kedr SMG designs... I hope the Kashtan finds a niche market too.

BTW I found a video of the PP-2000 which I found was interesting... the simplicity of design... easy take down... the fact that the mags can be fitted as a buttstock.... all make it look rather clever and well designed even if the shape looks rather odd and awkward...

Here is one on the Kashtan:

And the unusual looking PP2000

Edit... oops wrong vid for Kashtan... now fixed.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:15 am

Would like to say that the situation with Russian SMGs is now excellent where before the only Soviet option was the Stechkin machine pistol, or eastern european weapons... now they have Kedrs, PP-2000s, SR-2s, Kashtans, the new Vityaz model from Kalashinkov... things are looking very good.
    Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:51 am

Russia is creating a smart assault rifle. 

Russia is developing a new weapon that will use a neural network, Sergey Urzhumtsev, chief designer of Kalashnikov Concern JSC, said in an interview with RIA Novosti.

"We have already created some elements of the system. We demonstrated them for the first time, including to the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation, as part of a closed show at the international military-technical forum "Army-2021", which was recently held in Kubinka" – he said.

These are complexes with elements of artificial intelligence, which already allow almost completely automating the processes of identification, aiming and tracking the target, as well as the execution of the shot, the agency interlocutor said.

The company will offer the Ministry of Defense to open a research and development base to bring the development to the level of serial samples.

The designer explained that the new shooting complex should provide an increase in the probability and speed of hitting targets. This will require the integration of various optical and electronic devices into a single system with weapons. It will not only help in pointing, aiming, calculating corrections, but also choose the optimal time for the shot itself.

"In other words, modern technologies allow us to ensure the production of a shot at a time when the defeat of a target located at a particular range under certain meteorological and other conditions will be guaranteed. Moreover, the shooter will only need to give permission to fire a shot at this target by pressing the trigger" – Urzhumtsev said.

A person is physically unable to consider some targets at night or in bad weather, and the trained neural networks are designed to solve this problem, he concluded.

Source: 

Last edited by Russian_Patriot_ on Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB and Mir like this post

Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:52 am

Russian_Patriot_ wrote:Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu with a new version of the AM-17 assault rifle. The assault rifle differs from the first version of the AM-17 by an elongated barrel, a modified receiver and a modified fire mode switch with a new firing mode "EM" or "3M".
    Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2 - Page 15 Geoc1410
    The first version of AM-17
    Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2 - Page 15 Y58dud10
    Also on the rifle is some kind of bulky sighting system, powered by an additional battery. 
    EM can mean electromechanical, that is, firing on command from a ballistic computer when pointing the mark at a pre-selected target. But this is only guesswork, and not completely reliable information. 

It also seems to me that the Kalashnikov Concern is working on the option of a future replacement of the AK-12 based on the AM-17.
    "We have already created some elements of the system. We demonstrated them for the first time, including to the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation, as part of a closed show at the international military-technical forum "Army-2021", which was recently held in Kubinka" – he said.

GarryB and GunshipDemocracy like this post

Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:00 pm

Kalashnikov has started testing a new light machine gun. 

The Kalashnikov Group of Companies has started testing prototypes of the new RPL-20 light machine gun, Chief designer of Kalashnikov Concern JSC Sergey Urzhumtsev said in an interview with RIA Novosti.

"At present, we have reached the stage of testing prototypes, which are being conducted in order to confirm their compliance with the requirements of the tactical and technical task" – the general designer said.

Earlier, Kalashnikov developed the RPK-16 manual machine gun, which had magazine power. However, according to the results of military operation, the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation clarified the requirements for a new light machine gun and Kalashnikov proactively created a prototype of a new belt-powered light machine gun, which was first shown at the Army-2020 exhibition.

The RPL-20 is being developed for a 5.45x39 cartridge. No other characteristics of the new weapon were officially reported.

Source: 
    Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2 - Page 15 Img_2282

GarryB and miketheterrible like this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:28 pm

[quote="Russian_Patriot_"]
    Russian_Patriot_ wrote:Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu with a new version of the AM-17 assault rifle. The assault rifle differs from the first version of the AM-17 by an elongated barrel, a modified receiver and a modified fire mode switch with a new firing mode "EM" or "3M".

finally! I cannot understand why they initially choose 9 inch barrel...

Also on the rifle is some kind of bulky sighting system, powered by an additional battery. 
    EM can mean electromechanical, that is, firing on command from a ballistic computer when pointing the mark at a pre-selected target. But this is only guesswork, and not completely reliable information. 

well trained neutral network can better choose when to shoot taking into consideration all factors IMHO Imagine increase of target hits it anyone can just find "more less" target and press trigger. Machine does rest...

It also seems to me that the Kalashnikov Concern is working on the option of a future replacement of the AK-12 based on the AM-17.

AK is good but even great solutions are not good forever. Its interesting that AM is not derived from AK but Dragunov's design.
    lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:02 pm

GarryB and GunshipDemocracy like this post

The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:33 pm

lyle6 wrote:

I wish they would release it as a pistol rather than a carbine.
    lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:54 pm

The-thing-next-door wrote:
    Unless you have shrek hands you're not going to grip a pistol version properly.
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:15 pm

lyle6 wrote:
    The-thing-next-door wrote:
    Unless you have shrek hands you're not going to grip a pistol version properly.

You have clearly never seen a hunting revolver.
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:52 pm

The 12.7x55 caliber for the VKS will probably damage your wrist in either a revolver or pistol type weapon! Laughing

The carbine idea is actually quite nice and would like one myself! 9x39 would be great.
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:23 pm

Mir wrote:The 12.7x55 caliber for the VKS will probably damage your wrist in either a revolver or pistol type weapon! Laughing

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2 - Page 15 A44842132bdb00523df08ce3e283ccad

You need to toughen up dude, a limp wrist can cost you hour hand.

The carbine idea is actually quite nice and would like one myself! 9x39 would be great.

I find it quite silly. If I wanted a hunting carbine I would just get a shortened SVDK or the civilian version of the ASH-12.7.
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:58 pm

You need to toughen up dude, a limp wrist can cost you hour hand.

A .44 Magnum is as much as I would like to handle in a handgun. Any larger than that I would prefer some support against my shoulder as in the carbine.
    A revolver that size as in the pic serves no purpose for me - it's just dick swinging Laughing
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:20 am

Having a very powerful weapon can be cool, but only having a very powerful weapon is a pain in the ass.

The ammo is often more expensive, and it kicks harder than lighter ammo and the weapons chambered in the heavier ammo tend to be bigger and heavier too.

As interesting as the big rounds sound they will always come out with something bigger... my biggest is a 105mm artillery shell... but I also have 25mm cannon shell casings and 50 cal BMG rounds.

Personally if I had a choice of revolver I would go 357 magnum... you can often get 7 or even nine shot revolvers because of the slim round and the 38 special is cheap to practise with and shoot regularly.

You also need to think about what you are shooting... and honestly if it is that dangerous that you need a 12.7 x 55mm round you would probably be better off with a full metal jacket centre fire rifle cartridge for better penetration.
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:36 am

Apart from big game hunting in Africa we are also in the unfortunate position of being a very violent society. Most people with firearms over here have them for self protection. Mostly 9mm pistols and .38 special revolvers but obviously you get many in other calibers for the same purpose. The .357 Magnum is a very nice caliber for that purpose as well and many people also use shotguns for self defense.

Hunters over here use large caliber rifles - most seem to favour the .30-06 and .308 calibers but again you do get plenty others as well. My favourite is probably the .270 as it is very fast and accurate over long distances. For smaller game you get a lot of enthusiast that would prefer cross bows over smaller caliber rifles.

A huge revolver as in the picture would serve no purpose here other than being a nice novelty. My brother turned and old Martini-Henry into a handgun many years ago. It looked great but it wasn't very useful.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:01 pm