Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Share

    Firebird

    Posts : 986
    Points : 1010
    Join date : 2011-10-14

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  Firebird on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:27 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:What if it really was carrying aid and humanitarian workers?

    lol!

    Yeah because Russia never supplied any genuine humanitarian aid to the rebel-controlled areas of the Donbass - don't you know; it were always concealed missiles and tanks

    Russia has announced its humanitarian aid which was inspected by OSCE, turks have not and have supplied terrorists and traded with oil with terrorists such things russia has never done and they did not supply weapons to terrorists that are terrorising a different country but citizens of its own country that are protecting themselfs against nazis of the west. So don't play here a bullshit you try to pin here down. There are no parallels at all.

    That's not the point.

    Yes the situations are different but there are parallels here too, and my point was that supplying humanitarian aid or supplies to civilians could well be what's going on too, aside from everything else.

    I agree with the inspections and so on. It's just that just because they weren't done, it doesn't automatically incriminate everyone there as terrorists. Russia is reacting badly and this could completely poison relations far more than just 2 dead Russian servicemen.

    Arms smugglers are hardly more important than 2 murdered servicemen who were fighting terrorism.

    Anyone sane in the Kremlin couldnt give a shit about Turdkey relations.
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3336
    Points : 3420
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  flamming_python on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:31 pm

    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:I concluded I understand Erdogan less and less.

    He's literally surrounded by enemies from all sides - Greece, Russia, Armenia, Syria, Iraq and Kurds inside and outside of Turkey, Ataturkists. He has moderately good (but not cordial) relations with Israel and Georgia

    Does he really think he can become an omnipotent Sultan? In a week the Syrian Express may start delivering stuff to Rojava, if Mr. Putin decides to.

    The funniest thing is that Mr. Erdogan made most of these enemies himself

    Just a week or so ago I was thinking about how Erdogan has suceeded in alienating virtually all his neighbors other than Russia. Well, there goes that.

    Rodinazombie

    Posts : 577
    Points : 607
    Join date : 2015-04-22

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  Rodinazombie on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:33 pm

    Firebird wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:What if it really was carrying aid and humanitarian workers?

    lol!

    Yeah because Russia never supplied any genuine humanitarian aid to the rebel-controlled areas of the Donbass - don't you know; it were always concealed missiles and tanks

    Russia has announced its humanitarian aid which was inspected by OSCE, turks have not and have supplied terrorists and traded with oil with terrorists such things russia has never done and they did not supply weapons to terrorists that are terrorising a different country but citizens of its own country that are protecting themselfs against nazis of the west. So don't play here a bullshit you try to pin here down. There are no parallels at all.

    That's not the point.

    Yes the situations are different but there are parallels here too, and my point was that supplying humanitarian aid or supplies to civilians could well be what's going on too, aside from everything else.

    I agree with the inspections and so on. It's just that just because they weren't done, it doesn't automatically incriminate everyone there as terrorists. Russia is reacting badly and this could completely poison relations far more than just 2 dead Russian servicemen.

    Arms smugglers are hardly more important than 2 murdered servicemen who were fighting terrorism.

    Anyone sane in the Kremlin couldnt give a shit about Turdkey relations.

    The turkish 'government' should have thought a bit more about relations between the countries before it started a war with russia.

    Russia is well within its right to slap turkey down and hard, but it should select its targets carefully to make sure it hits the people that deserve it.

    I know you dont like the way this is going python, deep down none of us do.

    BUT, if someone comes and punches me in the face what am i supposed to do?

    Punch him back, harder to make sure he doesnt do it again, or walk away because im worried about poisoning our future relations?


    Last edited by Rodinazombie on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7110
    Points : 7382
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  sepheronx on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:42 pm

    Erdogan screwed Turkeys foreign policy.  But it is funny how the people elected the fool even though so many are pissed at him even internally.
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2939
    Points : 2964
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  max steel on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:53 pm

    T-90 with Shtora anti-missile system.



    Turkmen’ who killed Russian pilot turns out to be son of Turkish mayor affraid confused





    avatar
    zg18

    Posts : 885
    Points : 957
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  zg18 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:05 pm

    https://twitter.com/mod_russia/status/669908699075493888

    Russian MoD confirms S-400 in Hmeym airbase

    ult

    Posts : 664
    Points : 704
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  ult on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:06 pm

    Pics of S-400 by MoD.









    https://twitter.com/mod_russia/status/669908699075493888
    avatar
    zg18

    Posts : 885
    Points : 957
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  zg18 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:14 pm

    Russia officially cuts all military ties with Turkey

    "This concerns all ties, not just the so-called hotline that was launched in order to avoid possible air incidents during the destruction of terrorist infrastructure in Syria," he added

    http://sputniknews.com/military/20151126/1030815285/russia-turkey-military-ties.html#ixzz3scAz59FY

    ult

    Posts : 664
    Points : 704
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  ult on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:17 pm

    Bigger pics.









    avatar
    Godric

    Posts : 553
    Points : 573
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Alba (Scotland)

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  Godric on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:18 pm

    not official news but their is talk of Turkey closing off the Bosphorus


    I am sure they are legally bound to keep the straits open via a treaty they signed in the 1920s
    avatar
    Siempre_Leal

    Posts : 174
    Points : 189
    Join date : 2015-05-04

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  Siempre_Leal on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:18 pm

    who is the guy in the Red Beret?
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5975
    Points : 6002
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  Militarov on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:23 pm

    Godric wrote:not official news but their is talk of Turkey closing off the Bosphorus


    I am sure they are legally bound to keep the straits open via a treaty they signed in the 1920s

    They cant close it its aganist international law and threatys that were signed though history, unless they feel like declaring war on Russia then sure.
    avatar
    zg18

    Posts : 885
    Points : 957
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  zg18 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:23 pm



    And video
    avatar
    zg18

    Posts : 885
    Points : 957
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  zg18 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:26 pm

    Missile cruise "Moskva" on guard near Syrian coast

    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7257
    Points : 7351
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:26 pm


    Ejected Su-24 Pilot Was Hunted by Militants Equipped With Modern Bearings

    http://sputniknews.com/military/20151126/1030814989/su-24-pilot-modern-bearings.html

    After rescuing the second pilot of the downed Su-24 in Syria, the Russian Aerospace Forces and the Syrian artillery targeted the area destroying terrorist groups there.

    The terrorists hunting the air navigator from the downed Su-24 in Syria were equipped with modern bearings, Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said Thursday.

    The rescue operation took 12 hours.

    "As soon as our pilot was safe, Russian bombers and Syrian artillery began massive strikes on the area. Terrorists and other mysterious groups operating in the area were eliminated."

    DETAILS TO FOLLOW

    ult

    Posts : 664
    Points : 704
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  ult on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:31 pm

    Siempre_Leal wrote:who is the guy in the Red Beret?

    Military police.

    ult

    Posts : 664
    Points : 704
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  ult on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:32 pm

    Moskva near Latakia.

    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6194
    Points : 6259
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:50 pm

    ult wrote:Pics of S-400 by MoD.



    First good picture of a Pantsir on the airbase. Note the hardstandings for the S-400 were all ready for it.

    ult

    Posts : 664
    Points : 704
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  ult on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:57 pm

    Bonus video of S-400 in action. https://youtu.be/wUif7IYVOeY?t=7m22s
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5266
    Points : 5471
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  Werewolf on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:58 pm

    ult wrote:Bonus video of S-400 in action. https://youtu.be/wUif7IYVOeY?t=7m22s

    GEMA strikes again...
    avatar
    Zivo

    Posts : 1488
    Points : 1514
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  Zivo on Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:00 pm



    It's awesome that those are transportable by air.


    ult

    Posts : 664
    Points : 704
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  ult on Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:03 pm















    Last edited by ult on Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Bolt

    Posts : 109
    Points : 117
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Age : 31
    Location : Lithuania

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  Bolt on Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:04 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    Godric wrote:not official news but their is talk of Turkey closing off the Bosphorus


    I am sure they are legally bound to keep the straits open via a treaty they signed in the 1920s

    They cant close it its aganist international law and threatys that were signed though history, unless they feel like declaring war on Russia then sure.
    Last few years should have taught people that the international law doesn't mean shit. Might is right.
    Let's say Turkey closes the straits. Then what Russia is going to do? Write an angry letter? They will summon the UN meeting, where Turkey will say they won't allow more arms to Syria that are being used to kill civilians. I know that this is bollocks, but they will say it. Then what? Attack Turkey? How, with what?
    OK, they will begin bombing the defense installations near the straits. Turkey asks for help from NATO, then what Russia is going to do?
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6194
    Points : 6259
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:07 pm

    Bolt wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Godric wrote:not official news but their is talk of Turkey closing off the Bosphorus


    I am sure they are legally bound to keep the straits open via a treaty they signed in the 1920s

    They cant close it its aganist international law and threatys that were signed though history, unless they feel like declaring war on Russia then sure.
    Last few years should have taught people that the international law doesn't mean shit. Might is right.
    Let's say Turkey closes the straits. Then what Russia is going to do? Write an angry letter? They will summon the UN meeting, where Turkey will say they won't allow more arms to Syria that are being used to kill civilians. I know that this is bollocks, but they will say it. Then what? Attack Turkey? How, with what?
    OK, they will begin bombing the defense installations near the straits. Turkey asks for help from NATO, then what Russia is going to do?
    They could turn off the gas. About 50% of Turkey's gas comes from Russia. Bad time of year for that to happen.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7257
    Points : 7351
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:08 pm

    zg18 wrote:Russian MFA has recommended citizens of RF to leave Turkey

    http://tass.ru/politika/2476009

    zg18 wrote:6 Turkish owned cargo ships seized by Russia

    https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/669896486625353728

    Erdogan didn`t think properly about shooting down Russian warplane, Putin is taunting him for a fight and openly mocking him

    Sh*t is getting heavy out there... Cool

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:09 pm