Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+85
JohninMK
Book.
Flagship Victory
VladimirSahin
OminousSpudd
Monarchist
Manov
Walther von Oldenburg
berhoum
Khepesh
Dima
rambo54
putinboss
max steel
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Vann7
Battalion0415
d_taddei2
Behrooz
Mig25
par far
G Bob
Petro007
Flyingdutchman
Mike E
Morpheus Eberhardt
mutantsushi
arpakola
collegeboy16
zino
magnumcromagnon
nelsa1412
etaepsilonk
Hannibal Barca
crod
sinopak
Firebird
sheytanelkebir
Rpg type 7v
Department Of Defense
Deep Throat
connect2raza
macedonian
sepheronx
mack8
NationalRus
Pyrrus
flamming_python
dino00
Mindstorm
Werewolf
George1
Leutenant_LT_Smash
NickM
Corrosion
medo
ali.a.r
Hachimoto
ricky123
As Sa'iqa
SOC
Austin
Cyberspec
Regular
Stealthflanker
AlfaT8
ahmedfire
nemrod
TheArmenian
Viktor
Sujoy
TR1
gaurav
MIG31
chenzhao
Palestinian
Sunehvm
KomissarBojanchev
Admin
Kysusha
Draco
Snow Leopard
Zivo
GarryB
Russian Patriot
89 posters

Syrian Civil War: News

Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 10 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News

Post  Russian Patriot Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Russia, Syria Exchange Files on Foreign Fighters - Official

RIA Novosti

15:20 12/07/2013 MOSCOW, July 12 (RIA Novosti) – Russian and Syrian special services are exchanging data over reports that hundreds of foreign rebels – including Russians and Americans – are fighting in Syria, a Russian foreign ministry official said in a recent interview.

Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov, a presidential envoy to the Middle East, told RIA Novosti earlier this week that Russians are among hundreds of rebels fighting the Syrian government forces in the conflict, which has been going on for more than two years.

He said that Russian and Syrian intelligence services are keeping in touch over the issue of foreign fighters and “exchanging information” on the issue. Bogdanov could not immediately say whether any foreign rebels had been detained.

“There are hundreds of mercenaries, militants from different states, including from European countries and the United States. Russians are formally there too, but [they] are fighting for the rebels of illegal militant groups linked to an underground terrorist resistance movement, and are affiliated with al-Qaida,” Bogdanov said in the interview.

Last month, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that up to 600 militants from Russia and Europe are fighting together with Syrian rebels against the government there.

Federal Security Service (FSB) head Alexander Bortnikov said in May that about 200 Russian rebels are playing an active role in fighting in Syria.

A recent study by experts at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy together with Flashpoint Global Partners, a terrorism research group, analyzed the national origins of 280 foreign fighters reported killed in Syria between July 2012 and May this year.

According to the report, most foreign fighters participating in the conflict have come from nearby countries as a result of the Arab Spring.

The study found that at least 17 fighters of Russian origin had been killed over that period, including 10 from the Muslim-populated North Caucasus regions.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/news/syria/2013/syria-130712-rianovosti01.htm?_m=3n.002a.854.dd0ao031i6.s2o
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:34 pm

Always good to see Russian equipment in action - new video from ANNA

Really good footage (interesting how traffic is going on like it is all in order Very Happy )

Anyway bandits are doing good job of killing between themselves. Interesting thing is now that one bandit group is seeking arms from US/EU to fight other bandit
    group on a Syrian territory. This is getting ridiculous.
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:54 pm

A new, quite reasonably looking map:Syrian Civil War: News - Page 10 27281183ed8f
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Viktor wrote:Always good to see Russian equipment in action - new video from ANNA

Really good footage (interesting how traffic is going on like it is all in order Very Happy )

Anyway bandits are doing good job of killing between themselves. Interesting thing is now that one bandit group is seeking arms from US/EU to fight other bandit
    group on a Syrian territory. This is getting ridiculous.

Jesus. look at that all that destruction. Syria is screwed for decades.
    At this point the best resolution IMO would be quick government victory (didn't say most realistic, just best) and some moderate replacing Assad. It would be an insulting shame if he lived through all this and continued to reign.

Video is very very interesting:
    1.) Who was filming from the building when the Syrian IFVs were doing work on the road?
    2.) Those BMPs were begging for slat cages. Especially in a scenario like that, with easy ambushes from buildings.
    3.) Nice maneuver by BMPs to offload infantry right into buildings doorway, so they dont get hit in the open.
    4.) Recoilless Rifle fired like an RPG :O
    5.) Those BMPs were hasty. This seemed like a Thunder Run, Syria style.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:44 pm

China construction companies will clean this mess in no time. Seriously some contract have already been signed. Very Happy 

(I have read some article that China build /in some African country can remember whose/ city for 200 000 people with roads, hospitals, apartments everything in

3 fricking years.
    SOC
    SOC

Post  SOC Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 am

TR1 wrote:At this point the best resolution IMO would be quick government victory (didn't say most realistic, just best) and some moderate replacing Assad. It would be an insulting shame if he lived through all this and continued to reign.

But if the government wins, why should Assad be replaced? He would be the victor, right? Stepping aside would in part validate all of the insurgent's issues in the first place, would he really do that? If he stays in power the mess can be blamed on them. If he steps down, people can point to him and say "see, if you'd have done that in the first place none of this would've happened." Don't know enough about the guy to ponder how his mind might work, but if it was me, if I win, you've failed and are therefore stuck with me Twisted Evil 

Viktor wrote:China construction companies will clean this mess in no time. Seriously some contract have already been signed. Very Happy

I have read some article that China build /in some African country can remember whose/ city for 200 000 people with roads, hospitals, apartments everything in

3 fricking years.

Fast construction isn't anything new in their part of the world. I remember living in the ROK and there was some city off of Highway 1 going into Seoul that basically appeared over the year I was there. Tall buildings and everything.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:56 am

SOC wrote:
    TR1 wrote:At this point the best resolution IMO would be quick government victory (didn't say most realistic, just best) and some moderate replacing Assad. It would be an insulting shame if he lived through all this and continued to reign.

But if the government wins, why should Assad be replaced?  He would be the victor, right?  Stepping aside would in part validate all of the insurgent's issues in the first place, would he really do that?  If he stays in power the mess can be blamed on them.  If he steps down, people can point to him and say "see, if you'd have done that in the first place none of this would've happened."  Don't know enough about the guy to ponder how his mind might work, but if it was me, if I win, you've failed and are therefore stuck with me Twisted Evil 

I mean more in the passing away sort of replacement. Wink

SOC
    SOC

Post  SOC Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:04 am

TR1 wrote:I mean more in the passing away sort of replacement. Wink

Point taken lol! 
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Assad was the leader of a moderate government that was tollerant of all religious groups.

Any replacement is hardly likely to be any better and could possibly be much much worse.

The best result would be if foreigners stopped supporting the rebels and the Syrian government forces crushed them quickly so that things can be rebuilt and go back to the way they were before when Syria was a functioning country.

Demanding Assad step aside or pass away is stupid... a small armed militant group of groups that had dragged Syria into the shthole should have no demands met... their ridiculous violence should not be rewarded in any way.

Once it is over they can hold open and free and fair elections and let the people of Syria decide who should lead them and Assad should be an option as much as any other candidate.

The alternative is that the west wins by insighting the opposite of the peace and democracy they keep bsing about... how could that be a good result for the people of Syria... and if they did succeed where would it end? They care little for the deaths of Syrians or even their foreign stooges.

Of course the amusing thing is that if the rebels did finally get their way there is a pretty good chance the nutball sunni regime that takes over will please the US in being anti Iranian, but will likely also be anti Israeli and actually make things rather worse... which would be amusing, but I doubt the West or the US have thought things that far through... it is all about destabilising Iran so all that nationalised oil can be freed up and fill the profit margins of western oil companies...
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:27 pm

Demanding Assad step aside or pass away is stupid... a small armed militant group of groups that had dragged Syria into the shthole should have no demands met... their ridiculous violence should not be rewarded in any way. wrote:

I aggree.
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:34 pm

SAA AFV losses October 2011-March 2013:
    Syrian Civil War: News - Page 10 B9909373bc29def094f02491678704b0o
    Syrian Civil War: News - Page 10 B542d8194223283b2467f2d066a11f50o
    In total:

Tanks: 380

Infantry fighting vehicles: 320

Command post vehicles: 6

Armoured recovery vehicles: 7

Self-propelled guns: 14

Armoured personnel carriers: 14

Self-propelled anti-aircraft weapons: 24

Reconnaissance vehicles (BRDM): 26

Shilka / (Flak) Self-propelled guns: 30

Armored cars: 31
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:39 pm

From which "news" do you got this diagram?

I would be very careful about german official claims.

Our "news" and official political scum here in germany love to spread bullshit and i mean this isn't just case for few things but literally daily bullshit doesn't matter if about economy or the new "lowest" rate of jobless which is blacked out with 1€ jobs and especially about foreign policy.
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:53 pm

I don't know the exact source.

I remember seeing a Russian list of lost AFVs several months ago and it was similar. Tank losses alone exceeded 300 or even 400 if I remember correctly (destroyed and captured)

These losses may not be as impressive at first considering that Assad army has 3000-4000 tanks but remember that during 2011-12 due to fear of massive defections Assad deployed only the most loyal one third of the armed forces. Maybe that's why they now rely heavily on pro-regime militias and foreign volunteers from Lebanon and Shia part of Iraq.

ttp://www.ejection-history.org.uk/CONFLICTS/SYRIA_2011_2012/Syrian_Conflict.htm - Air Force losses.
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Russian data as of April 2013:
    Syrian Civil War: News - Page 10 0_834e0_303dcc68_XXL
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:24 pm

- While this map seems more realistic than other I must point out that all maps are wrong as there is no clear line between the bandits and Syrian Army. It is fluent and changeable from day to day. (expect for cities)

- Those losses represent about 10% of the Syrian army stocks. Syrian army is really strong in terms of numbers.
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:50 pm

10% of AFV fleet is a lot. First -there are no replacements, second - we don't know how many of these thousands of tanks and BMPs are operational. During the battle of Kursk Germans lost about 25% of their tank fleet and it was considered an operational failure.
    Mindstorm

Post  Mindstorm Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Russian data as of April 2013:

Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Ok, ok ......very funny joke , man.

You truly maked my day Razz  Razz  Razz 

As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm

I am not going to discuss it with you anyway...
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:59 pm

As Sa'iqa wrote:10% of AFV fleet is a lot. First  -there are no replacements, second - we don't know how many of these thousands of tanks and BMPs are operational. During the battle of Kursk Germans lost about 25% of their tank fleet and it was considered an operational failure.

Yeah those data mostly comes from western ass much as all the other stuff when talking about Syria.
    Many of those knocked out tanks can be easily repaired by the crews on the ground or their logistic centers but will nevertheless be counted as destroyed. We have seen that many times done by US and Israel forces during their fighting.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Why not post the source for the table?

http://iltg2009.livejournal.com/

A blog by A Russian guy. Seems to have done a lot of analysis of the running battles.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:12 am

Well Britain gave up on sending arms to bandits on the fears that could backfire on them
    David Cameron warned arming Syrian rebels could embroil Britain in all-out war

Previously US did the same thing
    Exclusive: Congress delaying U.S. aid to Syrian rebels - sources

Bandits clashing with bandits
    Report: Syria rebels say al Qaeda attack opens new front in war

and the always funny Frenchie now want to talk to Assad
    François Fillon: I leave Lebanon less pessimistic than when I arrived

Iraq foreign minister said that Iraq can not stop Iran sending arms to Syria (or they wont)
    Iraq 'Can't Stop' Iran Arms Transfer To Syria

And Syrian army found more bandits chemical weapons around Damascus
    Syrian rebels' Damascus chemical cache found by Assad army - State TV
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:38 pm

I think the best idea is to arm the rebels well enough so that they don't lose but not heavily enough so that they are unable the win. The goal is to lure as many islamists as possible to fight and embrace martyrdom.

At the same time people from Europe who go to fight there should be stripped off their citizenship and not allowed to go back.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:59 pm

As Sa'iqa wrote:I think the best idea is to arm the rebels well enough so that they don't lose but not heavily enough so that they are unable the win. The goal is to lure as many islamists as possible to fight and embrace martyrdom.

At the same time people from Europe who go to fight there should be stripped off their citizenship and not allowed to go back.

You mean arm foreigner terrorists more that they can kill more civilians than they already did and delay the end of the war for another year or more?
    They are not rebels, they are not syrians, the absolute minority are syrians rest are trained dogs with boot camps in Turkey, Saudi Arabia,Qatar,Kuwait, Jordan and even fucking Cechenian terrorists come there, few americans are there, europeans are there and so on, how exactly are these bastard Rebels? Rebeling against a foreign countries regime? That is not a rebellion it's a terrorist war fought by USA,Israel and their leashed dog NATO for oil, geopolitical positioning and regional power for Israhell.

If Russia would arm Mexican criminal cartells to infiltrate US to wipe out american citizens and blame the US regime for that they would already declared war against half planet and thrown around with sanction here and sanction there, just a bunch of hypocrite psychopaths.
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:24 pm

Werewolf wrote:You mean arm foreigner terrorists more that they can kill more civilians than they already did and delay the end of the war for another year or more?
    Right. The more islamists embrace martyrdom there, the better.

It wouldn't be too hard to prolong the war as islamists generally lack even the most basic understanding of military strategy. Just look at Taliban and Al Qaeda - they bravely attacked the most powerful country in the world (USA) instead of trying to conquer their weaker neighbors first.
    Werewolf wrote:They are not rebels, they are not syrians, the absolute minority are syrians rest are trained dogs with boot camps in Turkey, Saudi Arabia,Qatar,Kuwait, Jordan and even fucking Cechenian terrorists come there, few americans are there, europeans are there and so on, how exactly are these bastard Rebels? Rebeling against a foreign countries regime? That is not a rebellion it's a terrorist war fought by USA,Israel and their leashed dog NATO for oil, geopolitical positioning and regional power for Israhell.
    Countries like Saudi Arabia and Qatar aren't pro western in the strict sense. Even though they sell us oil and buy our weapons, they still consider us to be infidel dogs, worthy of nothing but death or living as second class citizens under Islamic rule.

That's why they spend a lot of money to spread Islam in the West, while on the contrary, no Christian priests are allowed to preach freely in these countries and local Christians aren't even allowed to build churches there.

And can yoo stop giving me bad reputation!? I don't minus you for not agreeing with me so you shouldn't do this either.

members are allowed to give what they see fit be, it negative or positive- RP
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:05 pm

War creates radicals.

What you are advocating is continuing a war that will continue to suck in and kill more and more Syrians.

That is disturbing to put lightly, mildly psychopathic really.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:56 pm