Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+85
JohninMK
Book.
Flagship Victory
VladimirSahin
OminousSpudd
Monarchist
Manov
Walther von Oldenburg
berhoum
Khepesh
Dima
rambo54
putinboss
max steel
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Vann7
Battalion0415
d_taddei2
Behrooz
Mig25
par far
G Bob
Petro007
Flyingdutchman
Mike E
Morpheus Eberhardt
mutantsushi
arpakola
collegeboy16
zino
magnumcromagnon
nelsa1412
etaepsilonk
Hannibal Barca
crod
sinopak
Firebird
sheytanelkebir
Rpg type 7v
Department Of Defense
Deep Throat
connect2raza
macedonian
sepheronx
mack8
NationalRus
Pyrrus
flamming_python
dino00
Mindstorm
Werewolf
George1
Leutenant_LT_Smash
NickM
Corrosion
medo
ali.a.r
Hachimoto
ricky123
As Sa'iqa
SOC
Austin
Cyberspec
Regular
Stealthflanker
AlfaT8
ahmedfire
nemrod
TheArmenian
Viktor
Sujoy
TR1
gaurav
MIG31
chenzhao
Palestinian
Sunehvm
KomissarBojanchev
Admin
Kysusha
Draco
Snow Leopard
Zivo
GarryB
Russian Patriot
89 posters

Syrian Civil War: News

Hachimoto

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News

Post  Hachimoto Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:37 am

holy crap i see that in eastern countries a total non-sense about what islam is.

FTW
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:25 am

IF you told Saudi authorities that you don't support the rebellion in Syria, they would declare you a kaafir (unbeliever). Even western Muslims are far from tolerant (at least some of them). One Somali man was called an undercover Shia for criticizing Syrian rebels, even though he firmly stated that he is a Shafi'i Sunni Muslim.

And remember that Islam - as opposed to Christianity - lacks a central authority. Everyone can declare that his version of Islam is the purest one and they can spread it as they wish, even with a sword. And due to lack of central authority, other, more moderate Muslims would have no strength to oppose it and if they do, they'll be slaughtered, like other "enemies of Islam" bounce
    Hachimoto

Post  Hachimoto Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:59 am

you sir are a liar and ignorant about what you've said Smile

Islam is a religion and don't need a fake superhumain to lead it, all is clear and well wrote no humain change for the core Smile

there is no ahtority bud it's religion and if there is an  authority  somewhere ... well you should end with the conclusion that humain have some craft inside your 'religion'

End of HS i'm not here to debate about religions i was just laughing about people talking without any kind of notion for the matter.

Media power again Smile
    ali.a.r

Post  ali.a.r Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:32 am

If you go to any Islamic discussion board and tell people that you don't support Syrian "fighters", you'll be labelled as either a covert Jew or a covert Shia.
    These must be some very interesting places to roam around. Good thing I have more sense than that.
    Claim that everyone can abandon Islam without being punished by their ex co-believers
    No true Muslim would ever say anything in affirm to apostasy. It is one of the most fundamental Islamic beliefs. 

Claim that Muslims have no right to force their wicked superstitions upon other people, even if they constitute the vast majority of the country's population.
    Since Im not the preachy-teachy type I dont know loads of scholars, but I know one, Dr. Zakir Naik, and this is what he has to say about that "
    The Muslims ruled India for about a thousand years. If they wanted, they had the power of converting each and every non-Muslim of India to Islam. Today more than 80% of the population of India are non- Muslims. All these non-Muslim Indians are bearing witness today that Islam was not spread by the sword. "

Claim that Israel is just a normal country, neither better, nor worse than Islamic countries, and it has the same right to exist as they do.
    My own country, Maldives, just recently recognized Israel as a state, and yet we are a 100% Muslim country. Turkey is a pretty major Islamic country, and yet they have relations to Israel, and compared to many other countries, pretty good ones at that.

IF you told Saudi authorities that you don't support the rebellion in Syria, they would declare you a kaafir (unbeliever). Even western Muslims are far from tolerant (at least some of them). One Somali man was called an undercover Shia for criticizing Syrian rebels, even though he firmly stated that he is a Shafi'i Sunni Muslim.

And remember that Islam - as opposed to Christianity - lacks a central authority. Everyone can declare that his version of Islam is the purest one and they can spread it as they wish, even with a sword. And due to lack of central authority, other, more moderate Muslims would have no strength to oppose it and if they do, they'll be slaughtered, like other "enemies of Islam" Syrian Civil War: News - Page 6 Icon_bounce
    Funny you should mention Saudis to make your point. Look up Shaykh Ali Abbas al-Hikmi. Hes a Saudi scholar, a member of the Saudi council, and he spoke out AGAINST people going to do jihad in Syria. He also spoke out against the Saudi ban on female sports. And yet, somehow hes still alive and is still a leading member of the council. Wonder what went wrong.

And remember that Islam - as opposed to Christianity - lacks a central authority.
    Opposed to Christianity? :roll:If u mean the Pope and the Catholics, then yes. But that is just one denomination of Christianity, and if you want to split hairs then the Shias have their own central leader in the Ayatollah. But just like Protestants dont have a central authority and have their own interpretations of christian teachings, Sunnis have no central authority, and have their own interpretation of things which are not covered by the Islamic core (but each country has its own council which are the highest authority within that country).
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:58 pm

undefined wrote:
    Hachimoto wrote:holy crap i see that in eastern countries a total non-sense about what islam is.

FTW
    Sorry, I think You are right that we are generally not very well educated when it comes to Islam. Hell I don't know much about my religion either.Most of Eastern europeans don't know much about Islam except how it was presented in Chechnya. Moderates rarely win wars.ali.a.r
    Also, Regular. Sharia is Islamic law. All Islamic countries follow it. Its just the degree to which it is implemented that differs. Of course, I assume you meant the strict, radical version when you said "1000 times better than Sharia law". But please note that not every Muslim country is as strict, as say, Sudan where Sharia law is implemented in full. For example, Sharia law states that the punishment for theft is amputation of the left hand. But in my country, which is what most people would call a moderate Islamic country, even if a person is convicted of theft, and proven guilt beyond any reasonable doubt, his sentence is still commuted to a prison term. Likewise, the punishment for adultery is stoning to death, but again, the sentence is changed to a prison term.

Just thought I would try to clear things up.
    Sorry and thanks for information. You misunderstood me I've had particularly Syria in my mind and how it was implemented by rebels in Alepo and preached by Al Nusra. 

As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:16 am

Obama and his fanclub are getting insane last days.What a Face
    The Obama administration is considering resettling thousands of refugees who left Syria during the country's ongoing civil war to multiple towns and cities across the United States, the L.A. Times reports.

A resettlement plan under discussion in Washington and other capitals is aimed at relieving pressure on Middle Eastern countries straining to support 1.6 million refugees, as well as assisting hard-hit Syrian families.
    The State Department is "ready to consider the idea," an official from the department said, if the administration receives a formal request from the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Refugees, which is the usual procedure.
    The United States usually accepts about half the refugees that the U.N. agency proposes for resettlement. California has historically taken the largest share, but Illinois, Florida, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia are also popular destinations.
    U.N. refugee officials, along with diplomats and non-governmental relief groups, are scheduled to meet in Geneva this week to discuss potential resettlement plans. Germany has already agreed to take 5,000 refugees.
    "It was probably inevitable that in this crisis, with these overwhelming numbers, governments would start moving in this direction," Lavinia Limon, chief executive officer of the U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants, a Virginia-based advocacy and service group, told the L.A. Times. Limon added, "But there will be resistance."
    Congress is unlikely to warm up to the idea of agreeing to resettle thousands of Syrian refugees into the U.S. Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle who are currently pushing immigration reform bills, particularly aimed at Latinos who are in the country illegally, will need to explain why they may favor or oppose resettling thousands of Syrian refugees.
    It should be noted that Congress resisted accepting Iraqi refugees in 2003 following the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq. Between 1983 and 2009, the U.S. resettled a total of 76,205 Iraqis. Meanwhile, seventy percent of total refugees in the U.S. were on food stamps in 2009. Within that number, 95 percent of Iraqi refugees were food stamp recipients. Additionally, the report shows an unemployment rate of 46 percent in 2009 among Iraqi refugees. A total of 219 Syrian refugees were resettled in the U.S. between 1983 and 2009.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:22 am

I would say it is a refreshing change actually... a US leader wanting to take responsibility for the BS and situations they create around the place...

And of course he is a second term president so he doesn't care what the American people think of him now...
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:29 am

It seems NATO want to go in another war, which will be the same devastating for NATO as Iraq and Afghanistan. Where will the West get money for the war? Will they beg Russia and China for it?The half of Europe is bankrupt and the other half is also in very bad condition. West will be soon forces to disarm even more and sell their equipment to anyone who want to buy it and with no money to buy themselves. This is exactly what China want, West bleeding in another war, while China getting ready for WW3.

I don't know, how the western politicians could be that blind, that they help their own enemies to fight against their allies?
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:37 am

China is also slowing down economically. IF growth stops, they will be in great trouble. probably there will be another popular uprising, similar to earlier ones (they have a long history of popular revolts against the rulers)
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:09 am

US accused Syria of using chemical weapons which killed (according tho them) 150 people. Of course its a lie and all fabricated but what is interesting is

that they basically say that weapons of mass destruction killed 150 people in a war which took 94 000 thousand lives making some 0,15%.

So while the use of conventional weapons took 99,85% of all lives lost the problem lies in a 0.15% of lives lost because of weapons of mass destruction 

and because of that Obama/Cameron/Hollande want to carry out no-fly zone. Meaning the same thing like in Libya. 

Another question arises too. If the conventional weapons are responsible for 99.85% of all killed and weapons of mass destruction are responsible of only 0,15%

dont we have some serious logic flaw in defining things. It is clear that all this "uprising" right from the start was fabricated and so was the destiny of Syrian 

people.
    nemrod
    nemrod

Post  nemrod Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:45 pm

Viktor wrote:.....and because of that Obama/Cameron/Hollande want to carry out no-fly zone. Meaning the same thing like in Libya.

Russia won't allow a no-fly zone.
    Viktor wrote:US accused Syria of using chemical weapons............

Everybody here remembers the show of Collin Powell in U.N saying that Saddam Hussain is threatening the world by its weapon mass destruction. 20 years ago, it was Milosevic, and now it is Syria's ruller. This is the hype, propaganda, lies. In that time US did not need any UN agreement, they went...10 years after they withdrew from Iraq, and next from Afghanistan.
    At first in spite of this huge lies, Syria -as Israel- did not sign, and hence is not bound by the treaty banning the use of chemical weapon. secondly, Syria is in its right to use whatever is necessary to exterminate this low life rats gangs terrorists, and to secure its terroritory.
    The problem in fact since the beginning is not terrorists rats, but who is behind them.
    You find USA, indeed, as the  gas from shale 'bubble is going to burst, US wants to steal the huge syrian gaz reserve in Meditarannea. Indeed Syria refused to leave them to US multinational, as the greek's governement traitor that is going to leave its national wealth to the banksters of Goldmann & Sachs.
    Behind the US governement, and congress, US army, and Pentagon, you find the jewish lobby that order everything. All congressmen crawl in front of the Bnai Brith lodge.
    In spite of the huge power of Bnai Brith lodge, they were two men, courageous, that said no to the jewish lobby.
    Admiral Mullen, and Fallon.
    It is unfair to say its US agressors, US did this, US did that, since the begininng in this middle east region, the Bnai Brith lodge did what is possible to trigger another world war.

The Bnai Brith lodge has never forgiven Vladimir Putin to remove Russia from western infuences,  to hunt all oligarchs that were near all jews.
    Now Russia is decided to assume its responsability to enter in the History, if reluctants US air force implement a no-fly zone, sure Russia will stand with the legimite syrian governement.
    This logic could lead to a catastrophic world war III, but do not forget that the agressors is not Russia, neither Iran, Syria, even US army, but the Bnai Brith lodge.
    SOC
    SOC

Post  SOC Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:59 am

Viktor wrote:US accused Syria of using chemical weapons

France did it first, and I think some other organization, maybe a UN part, was also involved.  So the apparent problem here is that it's only irrelevant if the US is the one making the statement.

Viktor wrote:dont we have some serious logic flaw in defining things

Mass casualty weapon makes more sense as chemical weapons don't tend to actually destroy anything.  Pretty sure the only reason we refer to them as WMDs is to make statements about retaliation in kind, as in with our own WMDs.  Which is one policy around here that I'd support wholeheartedly...if they actually had the balls to follow through with it.

nemrod wrote:Russia won't allow a no-fly zone.

When they decide to reinforce their naval base with an S-300PM battery or two, I might start taking those comments seriously.  Otherwise, all they're doing is just playing the "not America" role on the world stage.  Hell, call Iran, call Iraq, get some overflight clearance, and fly some S-300s to the Syrians via An-124s.  Or pull a NATO and decide to deploy Russian troops in Syria as "peacekeepers" and dare the West to try something.  That right there would stop this nonsense in about thirty seconds.

nemrod wrote:Everybody here remembers the show of Collin Powell in U.N saying that Saddam Hussain is threatening the world by its weapon mass destruction

What I find amusing is that the evidence given in, what was it, 2002 I think, was basically the same stuff that was around the first time I was exposed to it in 1999.

Think about it.

nemrod wrote:Syria is in its right to use whatever is necessary to exterminate this low life rats gangs terrorists, and to secure its terroritory.

Personally, I can agree with that statement 100%.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:45 am

Here you go. Perfect reasoning Very Happy

Syrian Civil War: News - Page 6 2s0yaf8
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:56 am

Rebels by any logic shouldn't use chemical weapon too, it's their own country. But people who 'help' them, like Al Nusra or chemical brigades from Iraq. West wants to escalate it so much so they blame Assad. Even UN is suspecting rebels using sarin gas, but they are powerles
    gaurav
    gaurav

Post  gaurav Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Well I think we dont need to advertize the killing..
    that photo-OP might be from some Israeli site.. or (Qatari ,Saudi Psy-ops  )because otherwise this kind of pics only reflect the American reasoning that Syrian army is killing indiscriminately.. 
    We need to stay away from online Psy-ops ..

Putin about rebels
    Corrosion

Post  Corrosion Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:16 pm

ali.a.r wrote:
    Since Im not the preachy-teachy type I dont know loads of scholars, but I know one, Dr. Zakir Naik, and this is what he has to say about that "
    The Muslims ruled India for about a thousand years. If they wanted, they had the power of converting each and every non-Muslim of India to Islam. Today more than 80% of the population of India are non- Muslims. All these non-Muslim Indians are bearing witness today that Islam was not spread by the sword. "

But you are quoting somebody who is a preachy type. Indian history for last 800 years is full of wars, most of these were between Muslims rulers and Non-Muslims. Non Muslim Indians are Non Muslims because some fought Muslims, some payed "jizya" tax, some communities resorted to Bribes/Hook/Crook, some made alliances with Muslim rulers etc. Research Indian history for last 1000 years , please.

I am not against Muslims. I understand the difference between Muslims and Muslim Rulers.

Sorry for OT
    gaurav
    gaurav

Post  gaurav Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:07 am

I wiant to know from where the rebels are getting Konkurs and metis ATGM..
    who is supplying them with these. weapons..
    How did Saudis got the supply russian made weapons.. ?

What are the routes on which these ATGM are supplied to Syria rebels..
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:39 am

SAA has both Konkurs, Metis-M and Kornet...

BTW: USA & allies want to supply rebels with about 200 9K33 Osa SAM's, in order to create a rebel "no-fly zone". I guess they won't last for long, knowing almost legendary level of Arab technical culture and how they care for their equipment...
    NickM
    NickM

Post  NickM Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:56 pm

Corrosion wrote:
    But you are quoting somebody who is a preachy type. Indian history for last 800 years is full of wars, most of these were between Muslims rulers and Non-Muslims. Non Muslim Indians are Non Muslims because some fought Muslims, some payed "jizya" tax, some communities resorted to Bribes/Hook/Crook, some made alliances with Muslim rulers etc. Research Indian history for last 1000 years , please.

I am not against Muslims. I understand the difference between Muslims and Muslim Rulers.

The only Indians who makes these comments like your's are those who failed to get a visa to the US , UK or any of the other Anglo/Saxon states . Indians have historically been trouble makers and that's the reason why it was partitioned to save Muslims from Hindoos & Sikhs who were killing them en mass . Two of the states that were divided had the dubious distinction of creating the maximum number of terrorists who killed Britishers in large numbers.

The only way for India to make progress is if it is broken down into a number of smaller countries along various faultlines.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:02 pm

BTW: USA & allies want to supply rebels with about 200 9K33 Osa SAM's, in order to create a rebel "no-fly zone". I guess they won't last for long, knowing almost legendary level of Arab technical culture and how they care for their equipment..

Seems far fetched. Who would operate them? CIA agents?

The FSA can barely keep their stolen T-55's running for long.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:30 pm

guarav wrote:I wiant to know from where the rebels are getting Konkurs and metis ATGM..
    who is supplying them with these. weapons..
    How did Saudis got the supply russian made weapons.. ?

What are the routes on which these ATGM are supplied to Syria rebels..

Either an Arab source (ex Libyan stocks for example} or some East European country...or both.

Zivo wrote:Seems far fetched. Who would operate them? CIA agents?

The FSA can barely keep their stolen T-55's running for long.

They might have some ex SAA personnel available or they could get get operators from some Arab Army. But I doubt they can get them on the battlefield in the short term or that they'll make that much of a difference if they did. I think the war will likely be decided more or less in the next 2-3 months.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:31 am

Sounds like it is time to deliver a few Kh-31s or Kh-25MPs to Syria...
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:25 am

Now that the US and allies have publicly committed to arming the rebels, it's likely that Russia will start delivering equipment that had previously been stalled in response. There's talk about TOS-1 Buratino supplies being considered....it would be quite useful in that sort of fighting
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:02 pm

What they really need to send is a few hundred-thousand RPO Shmels.

Maybe then the SAA wouldn't need to rely larger artillery to clear houses and cut back on civilian casualties.
    Corrosion

Post  Corrosion Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:46 pm

NickM wrote:
    Corrosion wrote:

The only Indians who makes these comments like your's are those who failed to get a visa to the US , UK or any of the other Anglo/Saxon states . Indians have historically been trouble makers and that's the reason why it was partitioned to save Muslims from Hindoos & Sikhs who were killing them en mass . Two of the states that were divided had the dubious distinction of creating the maximum number of terrorists who killed Britishers in large numbers.

The only way for India to make progress is if it is broken down into a number of smaller countries along various faultlines.
    Great going but I dont want to hijack this thread by replying to any of your non-sense blabber.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:31 pm