Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Sniper Rifles and Units

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Russian Sniper Rifles and Units - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Sniper Rifles and Units

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:36 am

GarryB wrote:
    why 10secs if 2km/s? 1-2 sec is max what you need after 2 seconds your projectile travels with 4kms from muzzle and has 2km/s velocity. After 5km you likely still have 1km/s i.e. Ek=33kJ

What are you talking about?

Even a dumb projectile can be fired at 1km/s, what we are talking about are projectiles with their own propulsion to add to the speed after they leave the muzzle.

please re-red again. I ws replying to your thesis bout 10 seconds work of engine.

GB wrote:]
    A normal unpowered projectile like a standard 14.5 x 114mm round leaves the muzzle at 1km/s
    +++
    With a scramjet motor on board providing forward thrust rather than slowing down as soon as it leaves the muzzle, over the first km it moves it might actually accelerate to 2km/s... so instead of moving 1km in one and a half seconds and the second km in 3-4 seconds... so 4-5 seconds to get to 2km range... it might get to the first km in less than one second and the second kilometre in less than two seconds because it is actually accelerating instead of rapidly decelerating...

that was precisely  what I was saying.

GB wrote:If the scramjet can generate thrust for 10 seconds is way to ambitious... perhaps 5 seconds is more realistic with a powdered fuel burning in the airflow flowing through the projectile as it moves generating positive thrust initially for the first second or maybe two, and then just enough thrust to overcome drag and maintain speed at 2km/s, then in 5 seconds of flight it should manage 8-9km range at 2km/s...

IMHO it is too ambitious. With verge speed 1,5kms you travel 4 seconds 5-6km . Not whole path needs to be powered  tho. imagine 1-2 seconds time. 2 seconds is lredy 3 km after muzzle while you still have high kinetic energy. I just wonder how they plan to make it guided? or it is wrong assumption? projectile is xtremly fast but not controllable. The whole smart-assnes is in ballistic computer?

GB wrote:
    they're still there, terrorized, killed, humiliated on daily basis by "pro- European" and openly US Nazi scum. As old generation dies out new is brainwashed as-ClintonerJugend ...

Well they can bend or they can stand up... easy to say, not so easy to actually do. They should get a say in the next election, but that would assume those in power will let them have a say.

who is to stand up? 80 yo vets ? or hungry people with families? people are scared and hungry. in nazi run police state? in 2014 2nd my 40 people burned alive in trade union house.

BTW in Poland ow every low pid job seem to be taken by Ukrainians (like highway gas stations, services, cleaning ) . They're no nazis, normal people trying to survive collapse of own state. Although after say 6-8 months they speak Polish with only slight accent, so far none of them rejected to use Russian.
    Form first hand - I've conducted testing Smile . They were pretty happy somebody talking with them in their own language...

This elections can be interesting. Russian might not recognize new president or new president migh tbe not so pro US more pro Ukrainian.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Russian Sniper Rifles and Units - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian Sniper Rifles and Units

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:00 pm

I wonder if both projects are related?

BTW this "rocked sniper rifle" to me will look more like this then SPG-9

Russian Sniper Rifles and Units - Page 20 Maxresdefault-3-1024x576%5B1%5D

would go nicely with new exoskeletons...

Russian Sniper Rifles and Units - Page 20 15722

Hypersonic cartridges are under development in Russia

According to the designer of the SLVK-14S “Dusk” ultra-long-range rifle, Vladislav Lobayev, such a cartridge will not only allow you to accurately hit targets at a distance of over 6 kilometers, but to penetrate the “enemy” armored equipment even from long distances according to the designer of the long-distance rifle SLVK-14S "Twilight" Vladislav Lobaeva, this cartridge will allow you not only to accurately hit targets at a distance of over 6 kilometers, but to penetrate armored vehicles of the "enemy" even from great distances.

Today in Russia they are developing hypersonic ammo and weapons. This was told by Vladislav Lobaev, the designer of the long range rifle SLVK-14S "Twilight" and the General designer Lobaev Arms.

According to him, the company, being the designer of ultra-long arms, has now reached a record of their attempts at the absolute physical limit in the sense of external ballistics rifle. Currently, the Americans belongs the record of 5500 meters, and exceed it by only hitting a target at ranges of 6 kilometers. This shot is almost impossible to produce using cartridge based on the same principles.

"Opportunities offered by such a weapon, absolutely unique.
    They are for a while reset personal protective equipment,
    also there will be no issues of penetration of light armored vehicles even from long distances," said the designer.

According to Lobaeva, currently the company Lobaev Arms conducts such studies in the initiative order at the expense of own means, but not as fast due to lack of funding.

"But sooner or later we dalhem, even if in terms of having to
    oppose the Americans in this informal competition," he said

https://tvzvezda.ru/news/opk/content/201903120204-e99t.htm
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:44 pm

please re-red again. I ws replying to your thesis bout 10 seconds work of engine.

My purpose of powered flight for several seconds is to keep the trajectory flat to simplify aiming issues and reduce time of flight of projectile to target and less time inside cross winds etc.

IMHO it is too ambitious.

The goal is not enormous speed, it is the length of time of operation... the longer the scramjet operates the longer the projectile defies friction and maintains speed for longer the further it will go and the faster it will get there.

There is no point in being able to shoot at targets 6-7km away if it takes 20 seconds for the round to get there... that is too long to hit targets that could move at any time.

With verge speed 1,5kms you travel 4 seconds 5-6km . Not whole path needs to be powered  tho. imagine 1-2 seconds time. 2 seconds is lredy 3 km after muzzle while you still have high kinetic energy. I just wonder how they plan to make it guided? or it is wrong assumption? projectile is xtremly fast but not controllable. The whole smart-assnes is in ballistic computer?

The problem with putting some form of guidance in the projectile means some sort of sensor or signal connection is needed and the projectile becomes more complicated... having  a high speed flat shooting bullet that follows a specific path... like a dumb bomb with a G&T bombing system keeps costs down and as long as very high speed can be achieved there is less scope for variations in the projectile and the target between firing and impact.

who is to stand up? 80 yo vets ? or hungry people with families? people are scared and hungry. in nazi run police state? in 2014 2nd my 40 people burned alive in trade union house.

They don't need to stand up, they can enjoy their new democracy with American stamp of approval and learn to hate jews... I am sure once they have finished bullying them they will feed them and keep them warm over winter... nazis do that you know.

Didn't you know... you get the government you deserve and if you do nothing... the stupidest fucking idiots will take over the job... court appointed lawyers are smart and professional in comparison...

Those weren't people that burned in that building... they were pro putin Russians so it is OK to burn them... you have seen the western media... you know the score by now surely.

BTW in Poland ow every low pid job seem to be taken by Ukrainians (like highway gas stations, services, cleaning ) . They're no nazis, normal people trying to survive collapse of own state. Although after say 6-8 months they speak Polish with only slight accent, so far none of them rejected to use Russian.
    Form first hand - I've conducted testing Russian Sniper Rifles and Units - Page 20 Icon_smile . They were pretty happy somebody talking with them in their own language...

So they ran away from the problem, and that is perfectly normal... it solved all their job prospect problems too... are you going to call the cowards and tell them to go back to the Ukraine and fight those nazis properly for those vets and those hungry families that had no chance to escape yet... I would not judge them for what they are doing, but I still don't understand why you think that means Putin should invade and fix everything for a group of people who call themselves Ukrainian even if they speak Russian.

Where is a Ukrainian hero that can tell the US and EU to fuck off when they should, who can balance ties with all their neighbours instead of picking a side in this ongoing and totally pointless cold war between the EU and the US on the one hand and Russia and China on the other...

Maybe the future of the Ukraine is to shrivel up an die as the good people leave to either the EU or Russia and the bad people stay to exploit the poor people unable to leave like Nazi vampires.

This elections can be interesting. Russian might not recognize new president or new president migh tbe not so pro US more pro Ukrainian.

The only mistake I think Putin has made is recognising Poro as the leader of the Ukraine... he was not voted in in a free and fair election in all of the Ukraine, so why recognise Americas puppet, especially his actions against parts of his country who don't accept his seizing power illegally.

I wonder if both projects are related?

BTW this "rocked sniper rifle" to me will look more like this then SPG-9

They are almost certainly related... very high velocity projectiles, but as mentioned previously the amount of energy needed to launch such a projectile at such high speeds means a big weapon with a lot of gas power... we are likely talking about a 23 x 152mm round to accelerate a smaller calibre projectile to these sorts of speeds with a projectile weight and space for propulsion to maintain or even increase flight speed on the way to the target...

Of course there was mention of new propellents using new chemical properties and new levels of energy... perhaps an EM assisted round or brand new aerodynamic design for new material projectiles with special structures that act like scramjet motors... maybe even laser sensing tips that bend towards a laser illuminated target for guided target engagement... very high speed flight reducing the target marking time to perhaps a few miliseconds to allow the projectile to maneouver in the last kilometre of flight to hit a human sized target... projectile size, speed and weight ensuring a guaranteed kill at extended ranges...
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:05 pm

Kalashnikov gunmaker to launch production of new sniper rifle in 2020

The Lebedev handgun is in serial production, according to the developer

MOSCOW, November 27. /TASS/. The Kalashnikov Group gunmaker plans to launch the production of a new SVCh sniper rifle next year, Group CEO Dmitry Tarasov said on Wednesday.

"Today it is very important to timely start the production of items. For example, last year, Izhmash [part of the Kalashnikov Group] timely launched the production of AK-12 assault rifles. Next year, this will, indeed, be the SVCh for the 7.62 x 54 mm round while the Lebedev handgun is already in serial production," the Kalashnikov Media quoted him as saying.

The Chukovin semi-automatic sniper rifle (abbreviated as the SVCh in Russian) has been developed for the 7.62 x 54 mm and 7.62 x 51 mm rounds (the latter is also known as the .308 Win cartridge). In its 7.62 x 54 mm caliber, the SVCh is compatible with the magazines from the SVD (Dragunov sniper rifle).

The Kalashnikov Group, the maker of the renowned AK-47 assault rifle, is Russia’s major producer of combat automatic and sniper guns, guided artillery shells and a broad range of precision weapons.

https://tass.com/defense/1093443

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:30 am