Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+13
TMA1
JohninMK
lyle6
LMFS
Tsavo Lion
brissonkov
MMBR
George1
eehnie
GarryB
calripson
franco
Benya
17 posters

Russian Army: Military units (Locations, equipment and re-armaments)

danny

Russian Army: Military units (Locations, equipment and re-armaments) - Page 4 Empty Re: Russian Army: Military units (Locations, equipment and re-armaments)

Post  danny Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:58 pm

franco wrote:
    danny wrote:

there is a battalion in each regiment and there is an AD regiment on divisional level as well

There is a battalion in a brigade but not in a regiment... where are you getting your information from?

my mistake its a battery in each regiment and a regiment on divisional level

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/a137e0_44fa5ba4f4344fa9b1dd48d92f2fdd36~mv2.png

franco likes this post

danny

Russian Army: Military units (Locations, equipment and re-armaments) - Page 4 Empty Re: Russian Army: Military units (Locations, equipment and re-armaments)

Post  danny Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:16 pm

danny wrote:
    franco wrote:
    danny wrote:

there is a battalion in each regiment and there is an AD regiment on divisional level as well

There is a battalion in a brigade but not in a regiment... where are you getting your information from?

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/a137e0_44fa5ba4f4344fa9b1dd48d92f2fdd36~mv2.png
    but my point is still clear there is air defence at regiment level and there is another at division level.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:30 pm

danny wrote:
    danny wrote:
    franco wrote:
    danny wrote:

but my point is still clear there is  air defence at regiment level and there is another at division level.

Never claimed otherwise, however would argue some of the numbers are off. A brigade has 3 x 4 batteries of Sa-15 or Sa-8 but a division has 4 x 4 batteries and no Sa-6 or Sa-13. I realize that is contrary to your graph however is how I understand it to be. Wink
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:39 am

On the formation of the 19th and 20th motorized rifle divisions

Live firing of motorized riflemen of the 503rd regiment of the 19th motorized rifle division at the Tarskoye training ground in North Ossetia, January 2022 https://youtu.be/q3sMy9RmGFM

Some details of the formation of new motorized rifle divisions in the Southern Military District have become known, about which I "report to the comrades present here."

On December 1, 2021, a solemn rally was held in Volgograd on the occasion of the formation of the restored 20th Guards Motorized Rifle Carpathian-Berlin Red Banner Order of Suvorov Division.

Two motorized rifle regiments, one self-propelled artillery regiment and a separate tank battalion were formed.

The 255th Guards Motorized Rifle Volgograd-Korsunsky Regiment was formed in Volgograd on the basis of the former 20th Motorized Rifle Brigade.

The 33rd motorized rifle Berlin Don Cossack Regiment was re-formed in the city of Kamyshin. Judging by the recently published footage, the T-72B3 tanks of the former 56th air assault brigade were transferred to the 33rd regiment, and not to a separate tank battalion of the 20th division, as I previously believed.

The self-propelled artillery regiment has already been practically formed and has begun planned combat training.

We can say that the 20th motorized rifle division is in a combat-ready state .

The 19th motorized rifle division was revived a year earlier than the 20th and practically completed its formation. The newly formed 503rd motorized rifle regiment has already received a full-time set of military equipment and is actively conducting combat training.

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/4480020.html

franco and Hole like this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:20 pm

The 47th Guards Tank Division was formed as part of the 1st Guards Tank Army

As already reported with reference to unofficial sources, the Telegram channel bmpd, the 6th separate tank brigade (as part of the 1st Guards Tank Army of the Western Military District), stationed in Mulino in the Nizhny Novgorod region, was reorganized into the 47th on December 1, 2021 guards tank division, the basis of which was the 26th guards tank regiment created from the main parts of the 6th tank brigade. On January 4, 2022, well -known American military analyst Michael Kofman also published information about the reorganization of the 6th Separate Tank Brigade into the 47th Guards Tank Division .

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/4487210.html

Hole likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:55 am