Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+55
JohninMK
auslander
George1
sepheronx
ultron
higurashihougi
Khepesh
Godric
PapaDragon
KoTeMoRe
Morpheus Eberhardt
KiloGolf
Boshoed
mack8
Walther von Oldenburg
Ispan
Odin of Ossetia
franco
d_taddei2
Firebird
Erk
zg18
wilhelm
BKP
berhoum
medo
Project Canada
Regular
TheArmenian
Karl Haushofer
Big_Gazza
arpakola
VARGR198
max steel
Neutrality
par far
OminousSpudd
magnumcromagnon
fragmachine
卍Odin 18/88卐
DerWolf
SturmGuard
jhelb
Vann7
GarryB
Cowboy's daughter
Werewolf
Monarchist
Akula971
kvs
x_54_u43
ExBeobachter1987
Kadmos45
flamming_python
Zivo
59 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #23

auslander
    auslander

The Situation in the Ukraine. #23 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #23

Post  auslander Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Debaltsyevo Cauldron reduction was held back for 24 hours while certain people were allowed to leave, carrying only their personal weapons and rucks, nothing else, hence the NIB goodies found lying around during and after the fighting. When the anointed ones were allowed to leave that event traveled through the ranks and was a contributing factor to the demoralization and subsequent defeat in detail of UAF in the cauldron, in other words most of them tried to run. Some made it, most didn't. I doubt very much the anointed ones were citizens of Ukraine.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

The Situation in the Ukraine. #23 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #23

Post  Neutrality Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:56 pm

I remember a video with an African American instructor together with the Ukrainian troops. I also remember very clearly reading a story about an Azov member. Guy was ex French Foreign Legion, Frenchman himself.

The participation of mercenaries on both sides is a fact.

Stop at 1:02 and look closely at the face. The African American I'm talking about. There's another video where he shows his face and gives an interview. Look, this scum has been actively and directly participating in the conflict. Most likely close to the "safer" zones where the chances of cauldrons were much less.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:54 pm

'Murican and Aussie allegedly.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:03 pm

Let's also not forget the several videos made by Chechen volunteer battalions fighting for the UAF. There were dozens of them back then. They were active in Shirokino.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:04 am

The Dutch are going to be voting in a referendum on Ukraine's potential Association Agreement. Fortrus have picked it up and done a good thread on it, these are the closing remarks. This will not get much publicity in Kiev!

Whether the campaign convert the shrewd Dutch, however, is a very big question. We will remind, the initiative in support of a referendum to counter the signing of the Association agreement with Ukraine scored a record number of signatories, exceeding the minimum several times.

Meanwhile the experts pay careful attention to how people's Maidan authorities delightfully lied to its citizens about the Association. "Prime Minister Rutte of the Netherlands urged their citizens to support Association with Ukraine at a referendum. And just think about his motive! Quote: "People who intend to vote against, think that this is the first step toward Ukraine's membership in the EU. But it has nothing to do with membership".

Surprise! Now let us remember that for many years Ukrainian politicians - all kinds of Poroshenkos, Yatsenyuks, Lutsenkos and the entire Maidan as a whole - brainwashed the gullible Ukrainians. "The signing of Association Agreement - is the first step towards full membership of Ukraine in EU" - they kept saying.

So who's lying? The Dutch Prime Minister or the leaders of Maidan Ukraine? Or is there one truth for EU residents and another for the gullible Ukrainians?", - sarcastically remarked Donetsk historian and political analyst Vladimir Kornilov.

Kristina Rus: Meanwhile Ukrainian citizens don't deserve to decide their own fate on a referendum, a violent coup and a civil war will do.

http://fortruss.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/dutch-pm-ukraine-eu-association-has.html
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:01 am

The Situation in the Ukraine. #23 - Page 16 CYN2uzWWQAEpYdZ

The Situation in the Ukraine. #23 - Page 16 CYN4H6lWMAAOWiY

The Situation in the Ukraine. #23 - Page 16 CYN4HMwWYAExNy7

The Situation in the Ukraine. #23 - Page 16 CYN4HxtWsAEer6T
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:30 pm

Just seen a photo of a new Ukrainian Military Medal for the Liberation of Donbas......... Suspect

dunno

Must be attack

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:12 pm

Must be a sh*tty continent when something like this can cause a crisis... Razz

''Dutch 'no' to Kiev-EU accord could trip crisis: Juncker

The Hague (AFP) - European Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker urged Dutch voters Saturday not to oppose an EU cooperation deal with Ukraine, saying such a move "could open the doors to a continental crisis"......

http://news.yahoo.com/dutch-no-kiev-eu-accord-could-trip-crisis-132528416.html
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:25 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

The Hague (AFP) - European Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker urged Dutch voters Saturday not to oppose an EU cooperation deal with Ukraine, saying such a move "could open the doors to a continental crisis"......

When the unelected leaders like Junker insist that we must do something to save their world, now we have so much more information, thanks Internet, we know what to do and increasingly they ain't gonna like it.

Forget Ukraine, Brexit here we come. One of the largest unexpected consequences of the US Neocons destabilising the Mid East.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:00 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

When the unelected leaders like Junker insist that we must do something to save their world, now we have so much more information, thanks Internet, we know what to do and increasingly they ain't gonna like it.

Forget Ukraine, Brexit here we come. One of the largest unexpected consequences of the US Neocons destabilising the Mid East.

In my opinion, Dutchland will knuckle under to Junker and England will stay in the association and accept England's share of the 'refugees'. The orcs in Langley have too much on the lot of them for any of them to step out of line. They will also destroy Trump when it is too late for a viable opposition candidate to run against the chosen witch.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:08 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

I knew the threat of The Bear would be in there somewhere and it was. Vote 'no' and here come the Russians. What a bunch of maroons.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:25 pm

@auslander

How is the power supply working out?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:21 pm

auslander wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

In my opinion, Dutchland will knuckle under to Junker and England will stay in the association and accept England's share of the 'refugees'. The orcs in Langley have too much on the lot of them for any of them to step out of line. They will also destroy Trump when it is too late for a viable opposition candidate to run against the chosen witch.
    I wouldn't be so sure, those parts of the population that actually go out to vote like the old, are pretty pissed off at the way our basically Christian culture is being undermined. I don't know anyone who would vote to stay in, especially in the middle of this flood of immigrants from the Middle East. All are very pleased that we have our 20 mile wide moat. Anyone who voted in 1972 thought they were joining the 'Common Market' not a 'United States of Europe' with Germany and France as the big powers. Seems to me that it was a way for the US to finally bury the British Empire.

The paper based British voting system, although corrupt, is not as easy to manipulate as the electronic system in the US especially in a referendum. TPTB will throw all the fear they can into the fight, as they did in Scotland's referendum, but the economic case is pretty evenly balanced.

Still, that's likely to be in the Autumn, in the meantime it will be interesting to watch TPTB in action in Holland in April. It would be poetic justice if the Dutch people recovered some of Holland's good name lost in their Government's MH-17 fiasco by stuffing it to Kiev and Nuland.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:47 am

franco wrote:@auslander

How is the power supply working out?

Much better, generator has not run in over a week and the last two runs were for but 30 minutes as the electric department changed something.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:00 am

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

The Situation in the Ukraine. #23 - Page 16 12509152_496460193866447_4835022470406544996_n
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:02 pm

higurashihougi wrote:Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Which came first, life or art?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:04 pm

Its only the comments of a Russian journalist but it seems to fit what Kiev seems to be doing

Kiev has made it clear that it wants to sabotage the implementation of the Minsk peace agreements, which were put in place to resolve the armed conflict in eastern Ukraine, RIA Novosti quoted Russian political analyst Alexei Chesnakov as saying.

His comments came after Roman Bessmertny, Ukraine's representative in the political subgroup of the Contact Group on Donbass, said that the process of developing yet another peace accord, Minsk-3, is already under way in his country. Bessmertny claimed that the Minsk-2 is allegedly 50 percent out of line with a range of problems currently in place both in Ukraine and Donbass. According to him, the Minsk-3 will lead to reforming security components of the UN and the EU.

"Judging from Bessmertny's remarks, Kiev is publicly refusing to adhere to the Minsk agreements. His statement that Minsk-2 is 50 percent out of sync with Donbass-related problems is, in fact, a rough refusal to stick to the commitments," Chesnakov said. He emphasized that the Minsk-2 peace agreements were approved by the Normandy Quartet on Ukraine and a UN Security Council resolution. The document was also signed by Ukraine's first president Leonid Kuchma, one of the country's representatives in the Minsk Contact Group.

According to Chesnakov, Bessmertny openly signaled Kiev's plans to sabotage the implementation of the Minsk Agreements, in a move that Cheshakov said should be duly assessed by Contact Group coordinators as well as the leaders of Germany and France.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160111/1032924299/ukraine-minsk-agreements.html#ixzz3wvsG5XN4
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:45 pm

For what it's worth, last night I watched an American television show: "Madam Secretary", & I pay attention to the plots that come out.

Last nights' was about Ukraine and Russia, and the USA, and in this plot, the USA was telling the President of Ukraine to do what they say or they will dump him, and the President and Madam Secretary of the USA and the President of Russia, coming together for the good of persons in the International Space Station, and the Americans saying that Russia had a President they could work with. Shocked

MADAM SECRETARY is the #2 new series of the season, averaging 14.9 million viewers and ranking as Sunday’s most-watched scripted broadcast.
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:50 pm

Well, David Bowie died yesterday, RIP. I missed it at the time, but in 2014 he had something interesting to say about the Ukraine situation:

"I bend a knee before the courage and will for freedom of the people of East Ukraine. In fact, they battle for independence against all so-called Western 'democracy' - rotted through and false completely... yes, believe it, I too dream to be a hero, at least for one day."

http://professorsblogg.com/2014/09/05/singer-david-bowies-statement-on-courage-will-for-freedom-of-east-ukraine-citizens/

Something tells me this won't be mentioned in all the MSM obits.

Last edited by BKP on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:51 pm

BKP wrote:Well, David Bowie died yesterday, RIP. I missed it at the time, but in 2014 he had something interesting to say about the Ukraine situation:

"I bend a knee before the courage and will for freedom of the people of East Ukraine. In fact, they battle for independence against all so-called Western 'democracy' - rotted through and false completely... yes, believe it, I too dream to be a hero, at least for one day."
    http://professorsblogg.com/2014/09/05/singer-david-bowies-statement-on-courage-will-for-freedom-of-east-ukraine-citizens/

I remember reading about that 5 months ago, and I heard that statement was fake.
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:12 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    BKP wrote:Well, David Bowie died yesterday, RIP. I missed it at the time, but in 2014 he had something interesting to say about the Ukraine situation:

I remember reading about that 5 months ago, and I heard that statement was fake.

I can't say for sure, but it's not at all impossible he would say it. Apparently, he had the balls to travel across the SU by train in '73, and view that experience without prejudiced notions. Not that it proves anything, but it gives some insight. He was an independent thinker.

http://russia-insider.com/en/david-bowie-most-mysterious-passenger-worlds-longest-railway/ri12157
    berhoum
    berhoum

The Situation in the Ukraine. #23 - Page 16 Empty The Situation in the Ukraine. #23

Post  berhoum Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:37 pm

In Kiev, macabre direction(fabrication) of the death of the Russian pilot(driver) of the Su-24 (VIDEO) confused

RIP fighter pilot 

https://francais.rt.com/international/13618-kiev-mise-scene-macabre-su24
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:03 pm

A view from Moscow on $200 gas. A bigger issue, ignored for now, is where the replacement for the gas in storage (some of which is EU paid for gas) is going to come from. No option there.

Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk was economical with the truth when he declared that Ukraine won't buy gas from Russia, political analyst Denis Denisov explained. Ukraine will nonetheless have to buy Russian gas this winter, despite the announcement by Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk that it can buy it cheaper from European suppliers, explained political analyst Denis Denisov.

On Sunday Yatsenyuk told Ukrainian television that Ukraine has accumulated around 13 billion cubic meters of gas in its storage facilities, 2.3 billion more than last winter and enough to get through the winter period. He also said that if Ukraine does need to buy more gas, the government won't buy it from Russia, because gas is cheaper in the EU. "We have stopped buying gas from the Russian Federation. From January 1, they quoted a price of $212 per thousand cubic meters. We aren't buying gas from Russia because we can buy gas cheaper in the European Union. The average price of gas in the EU is around $200," said Yatsenyuk.

However, Yatsenyuk neglected to mention some important facts about Ukraine's gas needs and the state of the market, Denisov told RIA Novosti. Firstly, any estimates about the volume of gas necessary to get through the winter period are likely to be inaccurate, because it is impossible to predict how cold the winter will prove to be, said Denisov. "It is completely possible that that figure is real, but such a figure definitely won't be enough to get through the winter season at full capacity."

In reality, Ukraine will have to buy gas from somewhere, and the Prime Minister's declaration that it can get it cheaper in Europe is also stretching the truth, explained Denisov. "At the moment if and when there is gas for $200 on the European spot markets, where Ukraine sometimes also buys gas, then it is in very small quantities. We know very well from experience that when there is a cold period in Europe, the cheap gas goes very quickly. There just isn't any on the market. And nobody, nowhere, especially in Europe, is going to give Ukraine the bonus of cheap gas."

"It is possible to assume that not even a month passes before the next cold snap comes to Ukraine, and we see a perfectly different situation, in which Naftogaz is obliged to buy gas from Gazprom. But Yatsenyuk won't make a comment on that."

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160111/1032952995/ukraine-russia-buy-gas-winter.html#ixzz3wyJ1o6TD
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:49 pm

Much muttering by Basurin

MOSCOW, January 11. /TASS/. The Ukrainian armed forces have moved to the contact line in the country’s south-eastern Donbas region more than 80 weaponry units, including 29 howitzers and self-propelled artillery systems, spokesman for the defense ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) Eduard Basurin reported on Monday.

According to him, over the past week the Ukrainian military have been concentrating forces and equipment in the area of Gorlovka. Thus, four 152-mm weapons and up to six 122-mm D-30 howitzers of the artillery battery of the 30th separate mechanised brigade have been spotted in the area of Svetlodarsk. Also, an engineer unit was dispatched there to prepare and install pontoon bridges. Basurin said that five Pion and Giatsint artillery weapons were spotted in the areas of the city of Dzerzhinsk northwest of Gorlovka.

According to Basurin, the Ukrainian military during the past week also continued to concentrate equipment and manpower in the area of Donetsk. In particular, DPR reported the presence of up to 300 troops of the volunteer Ukrainian corps Right Sector (the organisation is outlawed in Russia) near the Spartak settlement. A battery of the 55th separate artillery brigade comprising up to six self-propelled artillery systems was spotted in the area of the Yelizovetovka settlement, two self-propelled artillery systems and four tanks - in the area of the Pobeda settlement and six trucks with ammunition - in the area of Maryinka, Basurin said.

According to the DPR defense ministry, the largest concentration of military equipment has been recorded in the Mariupol area. More than 50 units of self-propelled artillery systems, infantry fighting vehicles, 152-mm howitzers, antitank systems and tanks have been spotted there. More than 1,400 Ukrainian army troops have been dispatched to the area together with the equipment. They are concentrated near the Granitnoye, Novoselovka Vtoraya, Fedorovka, Gnutovo, Talakovka, Nikolayevka settlements, as well as at the settlements of the so-called "grey zone" - Pavlopol and Pishchevik, said the DPR defense official.

The DPR defense representative also said, referring to the reconnaissance data that the Ukrainian troops have conducted engineering work to equip trenches for equipment and personnel for combat operations at eight settlements of the buffer zone that had previously been "illegally seized by the Ukrainian armed forces." The DPR defense ministry has photographs on which weapons and equipment can be seen in the Shirokino, Pishchevik and Pavlopol settlements. "The photos also clearly show that the Ukrainian troops have prepared engineering works for hostilities. This confirms that the Ukrainian military grossly violate the Minsk agreements by means of the armed seizure of the so-called grey zone," Basurin said.

He added that the Ukrainian command plans to move Ukrainian army conscripts to the conflict zone in the Donbas region. "Our reconnaissance units report that the arrival of up to 100 new recruits is expected in Artemovsk to reinforce the units in the zone of the so-called ‘anti-terrorist operation.’ They were called up for military service during the 2015 autumn draft", the DOR defense spokesman said.

More:
    http://tass.ru/en/world/848793
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:04 pm

JohninMK wrote:Its only the comments of a Russian journalist but it seems to fit what Kiev seems to be doing

His comments came after Roman Bessmertny, Ukraine's representative in the political subgroup of the Contact Group on Donbass, said that the process of developing yet another peace accord, Minsk-3, is already under way in his country. Bessmertny claimed that the Minsk-2 is allegedly 50 percent out of line with a range of problems currently in place both in Ukraine and Donbass. According to him, the Minsk-3 will lead to reforming security components of the UN and the EU.

I will have whatever that guy is smoking!!! lol1

higurashihougi wrote:Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

The Situation in the Ukraine. #23 - Page 16 12509152_496460193866447_4835022470406544996_n

Dude, where did you get this? Pure gold!!! thumbsup

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:55 am