Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
sheytanelkebir
George1
Walther von Oldenburg
OminousSpudd
Erk
par far
KoTeMoRe
PapaDragon
Kadmos45
Vann7
Monarchist
KiloGolf
GunshipDemocracy
Cyberspec
NationalRus
Firebird
Dima
sepheronx
Solncepek
wilhelm
Hannibal Barca
Siempre_Leal
Zivo
Neutrality
Airbornewolf
Regular
Akula971
auslander
medo
Khepesh
Bolt
max steel
Heartbeer
zenmonk
Godric
zorobabel
Acheron
Odin of Ossetia
Rmf
Shadåw
BKP
Svyatoslavich
Stealthflanker
Rodinazombie
Karl Haushofer
higurashihougi
Morpheus Eberhardt
Bidoul
kvs
arpakola
magnumcromagnon
Project Canada
Big_Gazza
zg18
Cowboy's daughter
Fred333
whir
flamming_python
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
JohnSnow
ultron
GarryB
iraqidabab
Werewolf
68 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #4

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 18 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

Post  JohninMK Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:10 pm

Don't have a link for this, came from the other place, but if true it would appear that the French will be flying into Syria via Turkey, not over the Russian controlled area of Syria, so so much for the French/Russian alliance. In effect operating in the same way as the RAF do out of Akrotiri but from their carrier.

'Turkey and France have agreed how French Navy Aviation will use Turkish Air Space. Also the French carrier Charles de Gaulle is apparently going to use the harbour at Mersin/Tasucu for supplies etc.'
    par far

Post  par far Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:15 pm

New unit fighting in Syria.

http://www.syriareport.net/meet-the-ldf-new-syrias-faction-operating-in-aleppo/

par far

Post  par far Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:16 pm

JohninMK wrote:Don't have a link for this, came from the other place, but if true it would appear that the French will be flying into Syria via Turkey, not over the Russian controlled area of Syria, so so much for the French/Russian alliance. In effect operating in the same way as the RAF do out of Akrotiri but from their carrier.

'Turkey and France have agreed how French Navy Aviation will use Turkish Air Space. Also the French carrier Charles de Gaulle is apparently going to use the harbour at Mersin/Tasucu for supplies etc.'

Never ever trust any NATO country.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:18 pm

JohninMK wrote:Don't have a link for this, came from the other place, but if true it would appear that the French will be flying into Syria via Turkey, not over the Russian controlled area of Syria, so so much for the French/Russian alliance. In effect operating in the same way as the RAF do out of Akrotiri but from their carrier.

Normal, Mersin is the NATO favoured port, but the Carrier will work out from International waters. Also the French will have no problems getting shot down.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:56 pm

par far wrote:New unit fighting in Syria.

They look Iranian equipped/backed
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:59 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Heartbeer wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:
    M/Tilitarov wrote:

I watched many, many combat videos in my life, participated in few military exercises, worked with fresh conscripts..but i NEVER in my life saw so bad tank crew, period, never, ever. This is supposed to be Al Nusra tank crew and their "tank assault" on some small village on crossroad.

Now notice what happens at 2:20, 2:25 and 3:00...  First at 2:20 they cut video coz they hit the wall with the gun, then on 2:25 they actually smacked the wall with gun and turret than on 3:00 they are piercing their own track covers....with..coaxial gun... in 2-3 minutes they basically did short course on what not to do as a tank crew...

this somewhat looks like from Video game
    Arma 3 maybe.

Almost got wasted @ 1:06

Actually, those militias would have fucked up the whole assault badly if they stood their ground. The moment the Tank goes over the berm, it's dead metal, it's stuck and has the floor completely exposed. I can't understand why they fled, when you compare whith how the Iranians stood their ground against WAVES of type 69's/T-72's.  Then it engages in a rat race inside the hamlet, with enough resolve, the whole attack was dead on its tracks at the berm and we'd have some epic footage.

It's sad. FFS get some guys who know their shit.

A video only shows a few minutes of what happened. That's how propaganda works. God know what ensued minutes or hours later.
    Well it seem we know now cheers

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 18 CVAMUisWoAEts-v
    Hamosh ‏@Hamosh84  3h3 hours ago
    Exclusive: #Hezbollah in #Syria Southern #Aleppo & #Idlib. #Lebanon
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:22 am

That's the same T-55 as in the video?
    par far

Post  par far Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:23 am

Cyberspec wrote:
    par far wrote:New unit fighting in Syria.

They look Iranian equipped/backed

They are Iranian equipped/backed, I think Iran is trying to make more army groups like Hezllbah.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:30 am

OminousSpudd wrote:That's the same T-55 as in the video?

There's no T-55M in that video. T-72 in both video and pic.

Last edited by KiloGolf on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:31 am

Don't know if it's the same tank, but it's a T-72 in the video and pic

There's a lot of fighting going on in that area. AQ is trying to regain the towns of Al-Eis and Al-Hadher. They've regained a few villages in the past week but it seems they're stuck atm. Latest reports say they've lost the village of Maan and had about 50 dead at the village of Al-Aziziya

https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/671096639143206913

https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/671085986923814916

They are Iranian equipped/backed, I think Iran is trying to make more army groups like Hezllbah

Thanks...thought so
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:32 am

It's not a T55 in the video it's a T72M. And while I see an PG-7 firmly on front left turret, could be the same, could be another tank. However, you can't lose your marbles because some fuckers are going kamikaze with a naked export Soviet tank and basically doing everything to get killed, only to see the guys in front are running like girls.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:09 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:

It's not a T55 in the video it's a T72M. And while I see an PG-7 firmly on front left turret, could be the same, could be another tank. However, you can't lose your marbles because some fuckers are going kamikaze with a naked export Soviet tank and basically doing everything to get killed, only to see the guys in front are running like girls.

Ha, my mistake. So unused to seeing them naked Monkeys.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 18 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:22 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Syrian Army Gains Upper Hand in Fight Against ISIL in Aleppo

The Syrian government forces have gained the upper hand in their fight against Islamic State (ISIL) terrorists in the eastern part of Aleppo province and have advanced near Deir Hafer region, FARS news agency reported.

http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151129/1030957068/syrian-army-advances-raqqa.html

If Deir Hafer is captured by the Syrian Army’s elite special operation unit known as the Tiger Forces the Syrian troops will be in position to re-enter Raqqa province after being expelled by ISIL in August 2014.

Currently, the Tiger Forces are within 5 kilometers from the Western district of Deir Hafer, having left the militants in a vulnerable position with very little resources to counter the offensive, a military source told FARS News.

Earlier this month, ISIL lost the Kuweires military airport. Since then, the terrorists’ defenses have been falling apart all over the eastern part of Aleppo. This has opened the way for the Tiger Forces and their allies to advance to areas previously considered inaccessible.

The militants are also facing a threat at the strategic hilltop village of Tal al-Ahmar, which is another gateway to the Deir Hafer front.

Earlier today, sources said that the Syrian forces and local militia liberated more territories in the province of Aleppo from ISIL militants and retook control of Aqulah village and its surroundings.

The Syrian Army and its allies continued fighting against the terrorists in various parts of Aleppo and forced them to retreat from the village of Aqulah. Scores of militants were killed or wounded in the northern part of the village.

How far do you think the SAA etc should go in eastern Aleppo? i think for the time being taking Deir Hafer create a a reasonable buffer been the front line and Kuweires airport, they could i suppose turn south and head towards Maskanah and if there being really ambitious head further towards
    al-Thawrah but this could be over stretching it a bit, and leave open open from attack from the North/east area of deir Hafer. Ideally if they did continue south east if they could capture as far as Ja Din, which sits on the cross roads on the Al-Raqqah/Hama highway, this would cut off the supply routes for ISIS leading south towards Palmyra and to the controlled villages west of Deir Ez Zor.
    Acheron
    Acheron

Post  Acheron Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:48 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Heartbeer wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:
    M/Tilitarov wrote:

I watched many, many combat videos in my life, participated in few military exercises, worked with fresh conscripts..but i NEVER in my life saw so bad tank crew, period, never, ever. This is supposed to be Al Nusra tank crew and their "tank assault" on some small village on crossroad.

Now notice what happens at 2:20, 2:25 and 3:00...  First at 2:20 they cut video coz they hit the wall with the gun, then on 2:25 they actually smacked the wall with gun and turret than on 3:00 they are piercing their own track covers....with..coaxial gun... in 2-3 minutes they basically did short course on what not to do as a tank crew...

this somewhat looks like from Video game
    Arma 3 maybe.

Almost got wasted @ 1:06

Actually, those militias would have fucked up the whole assault badly if they stood their ground. The moment the Tank goes over the berm, it's dead metal, it's stuck and has the floor completely exposed. I can't understand why they fled, when you compare whith how the Iranians stood their ground against WAVES of type 69's/T-72's.  Then it engages in a rat race inside the hamlet, with enough resolve, the whole attack was dead on its tracks at the berm and we'd have some epic footage.

It's sad. FFS get some guys who know their shit.

Maybe small arms was all the weapons the defenders had. When you have no RPGs, running away (or hiding) from AFVs is really the best course of action.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:14 am

Acheron: Yes when you have no other means to defend yourself, you have to try and flee. I totally agree.

But let me tell you how this assault, could have tourned out like another aftermath video we had here around 27th of october.

1. They had RPG's. Two at least were fired (1:06/1:46) one passed short up the other fell short down.
    2. They fled in a completely disorderly fashion. And no one tried to at least look back. That 72M has very poor awareness, if you look at the drone images at some point he's got two militiamen right on its right flank, and is completely at their mercy.
    3. There was only one road to the village. FFS NO AT MINES. Like what is this? Yemen?

Couple of points in this that could have made this a blood bath although we don't know how it ended.
    a. Don't attack the tank first from the Berm; the tank is dangerous, but once he's alone in the hamlet, you can even kill it with molotov. Target the BMP's. There's the people that will pew pew you.
    b. Ok you've attacked the tank and missed. The tank is going up that berm. Establish second line. Tank can't fire in more than one direction, it's buttoned up. SO while the Tank goes up and on. You target the dismounts. Both BMP's were open for at least 15 seconds. That's what kills you in war. Check 1:26 the BMP's fail to get on the road. So they stop and dismount.
    c. 2:26 Tank is not aiming at you, with someone getting its shit together, there is the fatal mistake of the tank, it's aiming backwards and going in, Where are the cojones here?
    d. 2:40 Left lower screen you can see headless chicken not knowing where to go. FFS you saw TWO BMP's and 1 Tank going straight at you. That's 14 people tops in the hamlet and you have three vehicles. Do not try to flee. Why? Because you're on foot, the getaway path is open field and they have three vehicles probably going around and closing the escape alley. Go against the dismounts, those are the ones that can see you nad call for armored support. The worst part in this is that all dismounts are without support, the tank is in the middle of the village, taking pot shots.
    e. Now the probably worst soldering I've ever seen. 3:00 The tank is stuck AGAIN. And you have militiamen looking at it, with RPG's on their hands. FFS. Just turn around and Shoot the damn shit.

Also FireGolf: You're right it's the same tank. Check 0:32. Well yeah they got fvcked in the end.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:20 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:Also FireGolf: You're right it's the same tank. Check 0:32. Well yeah they got fvcked in the end.

I think you two might be right....good pick up
    wilhelm

Post  wilhelm Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:00 am

If I were Syria, I would concentrate on getting rid of the Turkish terrorist proxies in the North West first, as an absolute priority. They are directly sponsored by Turkey, with short supply lines.
    Try and reduce the amount of fronts. Seal that border kill anything that moves over it. Get rid of that front to concentrate more resources elsewhere.
    I know that is what they are concentrating on, with the help of Russian strikes, but I would focus really hard there and not yet be seduced into major operations to the east. That time will come when and if the North East is dealt with.
    It seems very slow going though.
    arpakola
    arpakola

Post  arpakola Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:44 pm

Funeral service for pilot Oleg Peshkov and marine Alexander Pozynich
    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 18 1116053
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:16 pm

Tiger Force captured the SAA Air Force academy south-west of Aleppo.

http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/19783/
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:34 pm

wilhelm wrote:If I were Syria, I would concentrate on getting rid of the Turkish terrorist proxies in the North West first, as an absolute priority. They are directly sponsored by Turkey, with short supply lines.
    Try and reduce the amount of fronts. Seal that border kill anything that moves over it. Get rid of that front to concentrate more resources elsewhere.
    I know that is what they are concentrating on, with the help of Russian strikes, but I would focus really hard there and not yet be seduced into major operations to the east. That time will come when and if the North East is dealt with.

It's very difficult, because of Turkish support, verly low operationnal tempo (and capability) in the area (mountains, easy for infiltrations) and concentration of Syrian refugees just at the other side of the border. The other big issue is having the Iraqis block part of the Anbar reagion. There's little hope to seal the boder with Turkey as there's too big an incentive even for "normal" syrian profiteers to take a risk.
    iraqidabab

Post  iraqidabab Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:39 pm

wilhelm wrote:If I were Syria, I would concentrate on getting rid of the Turkish terrorist proxies in the North West first, as an absolute priority. They are directly sponsored by Turkey, with short supply lines.

I agree on that one, the Jordan front is not as violent. Its Turkey which is funneling terrorists and arms in more than anyone, once that front is secured SAA can focus on Jordan's border and push towards Eastern Syria (IS).
    Solncepek
    Solncepek

Post  Solncepek Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:35 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Hezbollah Troops Repel Terrorists' Surprise Attack on Syria's Zabadani

TEHRAN (FNA)- Hezbollah forces prevented tens of Al-Nusra Front and Ahrar al-Sham militants from penetrating into al-Zabadani plains through a long tunnel they had dug under the city.

A sum of 100 Al-Nusra Front and Ahrar al-Sham terrorists were trying to infiltrate into al-Zabadani via the tunnels they had dug from the town of al-Mazaya, but they were pushed back.

The Hezbollah fighters received intelligence tips about the intention of the militants to enter al-Zabadani plains and launched a timely surprise attack on them.

The Takfiri terrorists were forced to retreat after sustaining heave casualties and leaving behind the bodies of their comrades killed in heavy clashes.

The Syrian army was also pounding terrorists positions on the other side of the tunnel since Sunday night. Reports said some 30 militants were killed in the Syrian army's massive artillery fire from Sunday night to Monday afternoon.

On September 2, the Syrian Army and the Lebanese Hezbollah Resistance Movement took back Syria's border town of Zabadani from the terrorists.

The border city was purged of the terrorists Wednesday midnight after two months of intense clashes, FNA dispatches said.

Hezbollah and the Syrian army gained full victory after the remaining gangs of Ahrar al-Sham and al-Nusra Front terrorists were forced to withdraw from the Southern parts of Zabadani towards al-Mazaya region.

Zabadani was freed after a ceasefire plan went into effect three times and the two sides accepted to hold fire in the border region.

Zabadani is located 50 kilometers Northwest of Damascus and 12 kilometers Northeast of Lebanon’s Masnaa border crossing.
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:59 pm

T-90 to Aleppo
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:08 pm

A couple of LOUD near misses and mucho allo akabas near Hama according to the badge on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fnwEsgj8uc
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:21 pm

End of month map

https://imagopyrenaei.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/syria-iraq-kurdistan-30n.png

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:56 pm