Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
sheytanelkebir
George1
Walther von Oldenburg
OminousSpudd
Erk
par far
KoTeMoRe
PapaDragon
Kadmos45
Vann7
Monarchist
KiloGolf
GunshipDemocracy
Cyberspec
NationalRus
Firebird
Dima
sepheronx
Solncepek
wilhelm
Hannibal Barca
Siempre_Leal
Zivo
Neutrality
Airbornewolf
Regular
Akula971
auslander
medo
Khepesh
Bolt
max steel
Heartbeer
zenmonk
Godric
zorobabel
Acheron
Odin of Ossetia
Rmf
Shadåw
BKP
Svyatoslavich
Stealthflanker
Rodinazombie
Karl Haushofer
higurashihougi
Morpheus Eberhardt
Bidoul
kvs
arpakola
magnumcromagnon
Project Canada
Big_Gazza
zg18
Cowboy's daughter
Fred333
whir
flamming_python
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
JohnSnow
ultron
GarryB
iraqidabab
Werewolf
68 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #4

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 40 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

Post  PapaDragon Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:03 pm

JohnSnow wrote:.............................

I think this is just the Moscow's way of making a very salient point.
    The game that's been played on Moscow ever since they joined the fray has been that anyone they bombed (who isn't ISIS) is somehow "FSA". So, this is Moscow's way of saying: well then, I've got my very own "FSA". Since "FSA" has become a label you can stick on group whenever it suits you.
    So yea, they are "FSA" alright.

Exactly russia

Solncepek wrote:Iran "is studying an official request already made by the Syrian government to send large troops (& jets) to Syria"

Dude, start posting sources, I am BEGGING YOU!!! cry
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:24 pm

JohnSnow wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Kasab-Latakia road taken by government troops. Not so good with Mid East geography myself but this should be nice for SAA? Map in link.

http://armenpress.am/rus/news/829497/osvobozhdena-trassa-kesab-latakiya.html

5000 "FSA" goons switched sides:

http://u-96.livejournal.com/4614511.html

38 kids with Down Syndrome executed by ISIS in Mosul. Islamist health care system at work:

http://newsru.com/world/14dec2015/mosul.html

Sounds familiar?

Err they're not FSA, they're Kurds. Part of the SDF.

I think this is just the Moscow's way of making a very salient point.
    The game that's been played on Moscow ever since they joined the fray has been that anyone they bombed (who isn't ISIS) is somehow "FSA". So, this is Moscow's way of saying: well then, I've got my very own "FSA". Since "FSA" has become a label you can stick on group whenever it suits you.
    So yea, they are "FSA" alright.

Of course, that goes without saying, just explaining the whole FSA deal, no one swapped sides.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:37 pm

I'm looking at a bunch of Chinese mortar rounds and old style mortars captured by the SAA.

https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/676482832605315072
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:10 pm

Pretty fair article from the Stars and Stripes, here are a couple of excerpts. Some interesting comments on pay and their injured.

IRBID, Jordan — The main Western-backed Arab rebel group in Syria appears on the verge of collapse because of low morale, desertions, and distrust of its leaders by the rank and file, threatening U.S. efforts to put together a ground force capable of defeating the Islamic State and negotiating an end to the Syrian civil war.

“After five years of this war the people are just tired … and so are our fighters,” said Jaseen Salabeh, a volunteer in the Free Syrian Army, which was formed in September 2011 by defectors from the army of Syrian President Bashar Assad.

The Free Syrian Army, or FSA, some of whose members are trained by the Central Intelligence Agency, is the biggest and most secular of the scores of rebel groups fighting the Assad government. Although defeating the Islamic State is the focus of Western attention, the U.S. believes there can be no lasting peace in Syria, and no elimination of the Islamic State there, as long as Assad remains in power.

------------------------

Unlike the Islamic State and other more extremist groups, however, the FSA has failed to achieve any significant victories or create a “liberated” zone of its own. On many occasions, its former fighters say, FSA units have cooperated closely with the al-Qaida-linked Nusra Front, which is strong in the north and shares the same battlespace as the FSA in southern Syria.

“The lack of battlefield success has mitigated against them,” Ed Blanche, a Beirut-based member of London’s International Institute for Strategic Studies and an expert on Middle Eastern wars, said of the FSA. “They haven’t been getting significant (outside) support because they haven’t been showing results.”

Among other problems, Salabeh and others say, FSA fighters are losing faith in their own leaders. “They regularly steal our salaries,” said Salabeh, who came to this city in northern Jordan after being wounded in battle and now intends to stay here. “We’re supposed to get $400 a month, but we only actually receive $100.” He also complained of lack of support for those killed or wounded in battle. Fighters who lost legs in the fighting were reduced to begging inside the massive refugee camps in northern Jordan. “If somebody is wounded, they just dump him in Jordan and abandon him,” he said. “Widows of martyred fighters also receive nothing after their deaths.”

As a result, many FSA men in southern Syria were abandoning the group, usually leaving for Jordan or joining the estimated 15,000-strong Nusra Front, according to Saleh and other Syrians interviewed in northern Jordan. By contrast, the Nusra Front reportedly pays its fighters $1,000 a month and cares for its wounded members, paying their medical bills and providing for the families of those killed in combat.

The situation has gotten so bad, Salabeh said, that some FSA fighters are questioning the reason for continuing the conflict. He said a growing number believe the time has come for a ceasefire even it means cooperating with Assad. “After all, Bashar isn’t all that bad,” Salabeh said.

More at http://www.stripes.com/news/us-backed-syrian-rebel-group-on-verge-of-collapse-1.383853?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New%20Campaign&utm_term=*Situation%20Report

OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:32 pm

JohninMK wrote:Pretty fair article from the Stars and Stripes, here are a couple of excerpts. Some interesting comments on pay and their injured.

They're like a bunch of wayward youth. Too stuck up their own arses to see the destruction they wrought on their country. "Assad isn't all bad." Yeah well, wouldn't have been lovely if you'd come to that conclusion before going out and murdering thousands of people. After the war they can be locked up and the key thrown away for all I care.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:44 pm

OminousSpudd wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Pretty fair article from the Stars and Stripes, here are a couple of excerpts. Some interesting comments on pay and their injured.

They're like a bunch of wayward youth. Too stuck up their own arses to see the destruction they wrought on their country. "Assad isn't all bad." Yeah well, wouldn't have been lovely if you'd come to that conclusion before going out and murdering thousands of people. After the war they can be locked up and the key thrown away for all I care.

Call me a sadist, but all captured JAN/ISIS terrorists should be lobotomized and chemical (or physically) castrated. A sure fire way to make them lose the 'will' to fight, they can be given jobs shoveling donkey manure afterwards.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:45 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:

Call me a sadist, but all captured JAN/ISIS terrorists should be lobotomized and chemical (or physically) castrated. A sure fire way to make them lose the 'will' to fight, they can be given jobs shoveling donkey manure afterwards.

Castration does not prevent people from preeching or teaching radical believes to youngsters.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:11 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:

Castration does not prevent people from preeching or teaching radical believes to youngsters.

That's where lobotomy's play a role. BTW, after castration they'll be significantly less youngsters for them to produce and brainwash.Wink
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:24 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:

That's where lobotomy's play a role. BTW, after castration they'll be significantly less youngsters for them to produce and brainwash.Wink

No need to become the enemy by doing the very things they themselves may have done.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:29 pm

OminousSpudd wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:

No need to become the enemy by doing the very things they themselves may have done.
    Agree and it certainly seems to be the Syrian Government's policy to let the past stay there for its nationals, encouraging as many fighters as possible to move over to the Government side. When this is all over they will need as many able bodied men as possible to restore the country.

Post  Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:52 am

Original tweet is from couple weeks ago, but these email screens are quite interesting:

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 40 CWL_atZXAAMadcI

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 40 CWL_aslXIAECwds

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 40 CWL_atMWwAAsnhw
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:00 am

BILD is an occupation mouthpiece. Prolong the enslavement of the German people 70 years after the end of the great war.

Last edited by Hannibal Barca on Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:00 am

Coming from Bild, that's got to be the icing on the cake of Irony.

OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:17 am

They didn't even have the dignity to make up at least a polite, albeit nonsense, excuse... These people continue to astound me with the sheer depths of their pre-school level unprofessionalism. There is a part of me that hopes these statements are never forgotten, and at some point the perpetrators are held accountable.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:22 am

OminousSpudd wrote:They didn't even have the dignity to make up at least a polite, albeit nonsense, excuse... These people continue to astound me with the sheer depths of their pre-school level unprofessionalism. There is a part of me that hopes these statements are never forgotten, and at some point the perpetrators are held accountable.

As told before Bild is a tabloid, it isn't interested in journalism or reality. It's just a cash cow and an useful tool. And indeed it's an US bugle in Germany.

http://www.bildblog.de/ in German for all the shit Bild invents, gets wrong or outright doesn't report.

Also, editor in chief Julian Reichelt is an illiterate idiot, who tried to pass Albania for a shitty seedy suburb of Greece, while with all due respect both areas he went would put most of Germany to shame. Frankly I'm not a fan of the trolling business that RT relies on, but they're better off not getting in touch with anything coming from Bild.

Post  Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:06 am

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 40 CWNyB6WUAAAbFsQ

That backpack Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:44 pm