Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+54
KoTeMoRe
Kadmos45
BKP
flamming_python
Ispan
Akula971
higurashihougi
PapaDragon
auslander
Vann7
kvs
Godric
Cowboy's daughter
Firebird
Zivo
par far
ultron
Svyatoslavich
sepheronx
TheArmenian
wilhelm
max steel
Walther von Oldenburg
Regular
NationalRus
medo
x_54_u43
Dforce
victor1985
whir
OminousSpudd
Morpheus Eberhardt
Osobist
gregoire
Karl Haushofer
Monarchist
VladimirSahin
GarryB
Project Canada
Lenny1983
Cyberspec
HeNeArKrXeRn_
Werewolf
KomissarBojanchev
Neutrality
franco
SturmGuard
Solncepek
Big_Gazza
marat
Khepesh
Rodinazombie
Erk
Viktor
58 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22

Rodinazombie

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22 - Page 34 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #22

Post  Rodinazombie Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:41 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:auslander, why you call Crimea "Krimu"? In Russian it's Крым (Krim - the sound represented by "ы" does not exist in English)

If you were to say in russian, 'i am in crimea' the end of the word would change, so you would say 'я в крыму' or Ja v krimu.

Im assuming thats where it comes from in this case. Russian grammar is pretty complicated though once you know the rules its easy enough most of the time.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22 - Page 34 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #22

Post  Guest Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:46 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:auslander, why you call Crimea "Krimu"? In Russian it's Крым (Krim - the sound represented by "ы" does not exist in English)

In Serbian its "Krim" for an example.

Post  Guest Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:10 pm

http://www.newsweek.com/tatar-activists-plan-extend-their-blockade-crimea-sea-400018

Basically asking the FSB or the Black Sea Fleet and the rest of the Russian military to fvck them up. Russia is the only one that controls the Kerch Strait. Stalin should have murdered them all.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:26 am

Rodinazombie wrote:

If you were to say in russian, 'i am in crimea' the end of the word would change, so you would say 'я в крыму' or Ja v krimu.

Im assuming thats where it comes from in this case. Russian grammar is pretty complicated though once you know the rules its easy enough most of the time.

Yeah auslander also calls the rebel militia the 'opolchensa', which sounds Serbian or summit.
    A militia is called a opolcheniye; ополчение.
    And when you refer to them in the third person (they, the militia), the word you want to use is opolchentsy; ополченцы
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:31 am

Ivan the Colorado wrote:http://www.newsweek.com/tatar-activists-plan-extend-their-blockade-crimea-sea-400018

Basically asking the FSB or the Black Sea Fleet and the rest of the Russian military to fvck them up. Russia is the only one that controls the Kerch Strait. Stalin should have murdered them all.

Murdered the Crimean Tatars? Or the Ukrainians?
    Hitler tried to murder a whole people. Didn't work despite their utter defencelessness, and his own huge resources. And good thing too, it was the greatest crime attempted by mankind thus far and not something to be emulated.

Stupid comments aside, you do realize it's just a bunch of paid-off sell-outs employed by Kiev that are organizing this, do you not? And most of the people doing it don't even seem to be Crimean Tatars. They number a few dozen in total.

Literary, +99% of the Crimean Tatar population has nothing to do with any of these 'blockades'

It will however, most certainly be a source of great amusement (assuming they don't decide to go all Allah Akbar on us) to see how they plan to stop a ferry crossing in Russian waters between two Russian ports.
    They must think that Russia is like the Ukraine or something, where laws are there just for show and that anybody with a gun can simply do whatever they want.
    Boy are they in for a surprise.

Last edited by flamming_python on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:32 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:

Yeah auslander also calls the rebel militia the 'opolchensa', which sounds Serbian or summit.
    And when you refer to them in the third person (they, the militia), the word you want to use is opolchentsy; ополченцы

We dont have real word that describes what ополчение is in Serbian. Croatians have word "domobrani" which would be close i suppose. Closest word we have is "dobrovoljci", literally volonteurs. Or "Paravojne formacije" - paramilitary units. Its probably just his way to adapt Russian words to english and alphabet.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:36 am

Militarov wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:

We dont have real word that describes what ополчение is in Serbian. Croatians have word "domobrani" which would be close i suppose. Closest word we have is "dobrovoljci", literally volonteurs. Or "Paravojne formacije" - paramilitary units. Its probably just his way to adapt Russian words to english and alphabet.

I meant the conjugation of the nouns; opolchensa sounds more Serbo-Croatian than Russian (where it would be opolchentsy. But then again I know nothing of this language so just ignore me.

Post  Guest Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:38 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:

I meant the conjugation of the nouns; opolchensa sounds more Serbo-Croatian than Russian. But then again I know nothing of this language so just ignore me.

Ah you mean the word itself as he constructed it reminds more of Serbian than Russian. That sure, yeah i agree.

Post  Guest Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:28 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:http://www.newsweek.com/tatar-activists-plan-extend-their-blockade-crimea-sea-400018

Murdered the Crimean Tatars? Or the Ukrainians?
    Hitler tried to murder a whole people. Didn't work despite their utter defencelessness, and his own huge resources. And good thing too, it was the greatest crime attempted by mankind thus far and not something to be emulated.

Stupid comments aside, you do realize it's just a bunch of paid-off sell-outs employed by Kiev that are organizing this, do you not? And most of the people doing it don't even seem to be Crimean Tatars. They number a few dozen in total.

Literary, +99% of the Crimean Tatar population has nothing to do with any of these 'blockades'

It will however, most certainly be a source of great amusement (assuming they don't decide to go all Allah Akbar on us) to see how they plan to stop a ferry crossing in Russian waters between two Russian ports.
    They must think that Russia is like the Ukraine or something, where laws are there just for show and that anybody with a gun can simply do whatever they want.
    Boy are they in for a surprise.
    You should realize a lot of what I say has no substance behind it.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:16 am

I didn't sleep because of this.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:05 am

Mikhail Sheremet, First Deputy Prime Minister of Crimea, has stated that if there is any attempt to blockade Kerch, then Russian border guards will not stand on ceremony and will immediately open fire if necessary.
    http://www.politnavigator.net/krymskie-vlasti-obeshhayut-islyamovu-ogon-na-porazhenie-v-sluchae-popytok-blokirovat-kerchenskuyu-perepravu.html
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:12 am

Militarov wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:

I meant the conjugation of the nouns; opolchensa sounds more Serbo-Croatian than Russian. But then again I know nothing of this language so just ignore me.

Ah you mean the word itself as he constructed it reminds more of Serbian than Russian. That sure, yeah i agree.

Dobrovojciiii ahahah 17 years since i last heard that shit. Calling UCK thugs volunteers while they were mostly drug dealers and car thieves when their little "adventure started" was something I'd never forget. Some of them we had arrested in Albania for human trafficking, now they were Che guevaras. Thank you uncle Sham.
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:15 am

Khepesh wrote:Mikhail Sheremet, First Deputy Prime Minister of Crimea, has stated that if there is any attempt to blockade Kerch, then Russian border guards will not stand on ceremony and will immediately open fire if necessary.
    http://www.politnavigator.net/krymskie-vlasti-obeshhayut-islyamovu-ogon-na-porazhenie-v-sluchae-popytok-blokirovat-kerchenskuyu-perepravu.html

That makes sense.
    There are alternatives to Ukrainian groceries and electricity.
    There is no replacement for the ferries till 2019.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:52 am

ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Mikhail Sheremet, First Deputy Prime Minister of Crimea, has stated that if there is any attempt to blockade Kerch, then Russian border guards will not stand on ceremony and will immediately open fire if necessary.

That makes sense.
    There are alternatives to Ukrainian groceries and electricity.
    There is no replacement for the ferries till 2019.

Actually there is but it is currently being used for construction of Kerch Straight bridge. There is always alternative, something hohols can't seem to grasp.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #22 - Page 34 1006608

But agreed, if retards try anything, Coast Guard should light their asses up. thumbsup attack
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:31 am

Nothing to do with Donbas, but

MOSCOW (Sputnik) – The aviation of Russia's Southern Military District has been fully rearmed with Su-34 attack aircraft, the district's press service said in a statement Wednesday. The statement added that with the arrival of the Su-34 aircraft the Southern Military District had completed the formation of a third air squadron of the modern warplanes. "A separate bomber aviation regiment of the Southern Military District, located in the Rostov Region, received yet another frontline Su-34 fighter-bomber," the statement said.

According to the statement, the district received some 35 modern planes and helicopters in 2015.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20151202/1031096069/russia-rearms-su-34.html#ixzz3t9ru9wWo
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:08 pm

Militarov wrote:

In Serbian its "Krim" for an example.

In Vietnamese, we called it "Crưm". The "ы" in Vietnamese transileration is "ư".

Vietnamese "ư" is pronounced as [ɨ].
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:14 pm

PapaDragon wrote:But agreed, if retards try anything, Coast Guard should light their asses up. thumbsup attack

I wonder how crazy they were when the mentioned blocking the Kerch Strait. Both sides of the Kerch strait are Russian territory, and it's not like Russian naval force in Black Sea and Azov Sea are just for fun.

Did all the pro-Maidan politicians went full retard ?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:43 pm

higurashihougi wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:But agreed, if retards try anything, Coast Guard should light their asses up. thumbsup attack

I wonder how crazy they were when the mentioned blocking the Kerch Strait. Both sides of the Kerch strait are Russian territory, and it's not like Russian naval force in Black Sea and Azov Sea are just for fun.

Did all the pro-Maidan politicians went full retard ?
    They haven't 'gone' retard, it is their normal state.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:47 pm

Finally, Ukraine is Russia;

https://twitter.com/FPaidinfull/status/672097056845119488

Polite people defending motherland/ Yes the real motherland.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:03 pm

True T-90 with Shtora.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:14 pm

Actually AS Val is even worse...
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:27 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:Actually AS Val is even worse...

But the T-90 is actually russian not soviet like AS Val.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:32 pm

As Val is 100% Russian.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:38 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:As Val is 100% Russian.
    1987-1989 produced and commissioned but yes it is russian.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:As Val is 100% Russian.
    1987-1989 produced and commissioned but yes it is russian.

As Val an VSS Vintorez are two "different" guns working on slightly different but interchangeable ammo. There are other small differences INSIDE the gun like one using a classic two prong claw AK style trigger (VSS), while the AS Val uses a single direction two prong larger trigger unit reminiscent of ... the Simonov or Vz 54/58.

Also you can break down the VSS, you can't do that with the AS VAL.

Ironically the Russians went full AK with the VSK 94 etc instead of the VSS while the AS Val which is almost 95% similar, is still being built.

http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=372

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:59 pm