Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
marat
NationalRus
ultron
The Mule
Crucible
Werewolf
Acheron
onwiththewar
mutantsushi
cracker
whir
eehnie
Morpheus Eberhardt
gregoire
VARGR198
PapaDragon
BKP
magnumcromagnon
victor1985
sepheronx
kvs
Bolt
Odin of Ossetia
max steel
Walther von Oldenburg
Karl Haushofer
Ruthenius
OminousSpudd
Nikander
zg18
Dforce
Regular
Ispan
Teshub
Project Canada
GarryB
Big_Gazza
higurashihougi
SturmGuard
franco
flamming_python
par far
Godric
medo
wilhelm
Inetwarrior
Vann7
Erk
Neutrality
TheArmenian
ExBeobachter1987
auslander
KoTeMoRe
Cowboy's daughter
Flagship Victory
JohninMK
Khepesh
Firebird
Rodinazombie
63 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21

ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #21

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:25 pm

JohninMK wrote:The plot thickens, not sure who's plot tho' but the best bet must be Putin Smile. The video at Sputnik link.

A video has appeared on the internet showing a group of people paying protesters money to demonstrate in front of the Verkhovna Rada (Ukrainian Parliament). In addition to money being handed out, there were also t-shirts distributed with labels and logos, some of which read “Ukrop”, website joinfo.ua reported. The journalists also managed to film how the protestors who came to the building of the Ukrainian parliament were handed flags of the Kolomoisky-sponsored party.

Ihor Kolomoisky, the former governor of Dnipropetrovsk, is one of Ukraine's richest tycoons with a business empire that includes holdings in the energy, media, aviation, chemical and metalwork industries. Moreover, the notorious oligarch sponsors Azov radical battalion, which fights in Donbass. Media, including Western newspapers, have persistently published facts proving that the Azov battalion comprises far-right extremists.

According to some reports, the protesters received 50 hryvnia per hour for their presence at the demonstration.

Riots in front of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine in the center of Kiev began on August 31. The protesters tried to storm the parliament building, which is protected by the Special Forces. The protesters threw a grenade at the forces. Some 100 people were wounded in the clashes. According to Internal Minister Arsen Avakov's adviser Anton Gerashenko, a National Guard soldier died from shrapnel wounds to the chest. The clashes came shortly after the Ukrainian parliament approved President Petro Poroshenko's proposed constitutional amendments on decentralization in the first reading.

Decentralization is one of the key provisions of the Minsk agreements. The deal was signed back in February by representatives of Kiev and Donbass self-proclaimed republics and stipulates several measures on Ukrainian reconciliation.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150901/1026441188/ukraine-parliament-clashes-protesters-money.html#ixzz3kUZE3eSQ

I wondered why Kolomoisky would oppose the decentralization reform. Then I read an analyses of the decentralization reform
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #21

Post  TheArmenian Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:30 pm

The best way to describe the situation in Kiev:
    ""The chicken have come home to roost""

More popcorn please.

Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:51 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    ''Peace in Donbass means war in Kiev.
    War in Donbass means peace in Kiev. That's the post coup reality'''
    This is so, but there is a flip side in that Poroshenko knows all this, and despite Merkel and Hollande stopping him launching the offensive last week, he may now be thinking of letting it happen anyway. Poroshenko needs to keep the radikals at the front, and if there is no offensive and they see their people back home getting purged, then what have in the past always been un serious rumors of them marching on Kiev, may turn true. If this happens, what will Poroshenko have the Army do? he will have to wage war on the radikal battalions while they are at the front or on their way back to Kiev, if such a scenario ever becomes reality. I think that Poroshenko now needs to neutralise the radikals, and perhaps the best way is to launch the offensive and so keep them occupied at the front, and I think he will not cry when they are all massacred. I never put any boundries to the cynicism that politicians will engage in, particulary if it is to save themselves.
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:02 pm

Khepesh wrote:I think that Poroshenko now needs to neutralise the radikals, and perhaps the best way is to launch the offensive and so keep them occupied at the front, and I think he will not cry when they are all massacred. I never put any boundries to the cynicism that politicians will engage in, particulary if it is to save themselves.

There is a better way to neutralise them than by launching another doomed offensive, by sending NatGuards, SBU and other loyal security forces after them.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

Daaaaaayum dat M1 Carbine maiing? No filthy RUssian weapins maing.
    Video is probably American in origin and been adapted. Also M-16 can be seen as well as M1

I know that, it's canadian actually, but fits well in the mentality in Ukropia.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:15 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    This is so, but there is a flip side in that Poroshenko knows all this, and despite Merkel and Hollande stopping him launching the offensive last week, he may now be thinking of letting it happen anyway. Poroshenko needs to keep the radikals at the front, and if there is no offensive and they see their people back home getting purged, then what have in the past always been un serious rumors of them marching on Kiev, may turn true. If this happens, what will Poroshenko have the Army do? he will have to wage war on the radikal battalions while they are at the front or on their way back to Kiev, if such a scenario ever becomes reality. I think that Poroshenko now needs to neutralise the radikals, and perhaps the best way is to launch the offensive and so keep them occupied at the front, and I think he will not cry when they are all massacred. I never put any boundries to the cynicism that politicians will engage in, particulary if it is to save themselves.

And these would be favourable conditions for NAF that I have been talking about. If Porkins sends idiots on the offensive it gives defence advantage to NAF.

NAF slaughters the idiots who leave safety of their trenches and goes on the counteroffensive immediately afterwards. Much less risky and costly than attacking fortified positions head on.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for NAF boys and for me idea of sacrificing single NAF life for anything less than 30 dead ukrops is travesty on a cosmic scale.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:20 pm

I prefer different kind of cougars... lol1

Cougars to Patrol Downtown Kiev to Prevent New Riots

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150901/1026450164.html

New clay is already paying dividends thumbsup

Ukrainian Companies Denied Access to Russia’s Subsoil Wealth in Black Sea

http://sputniknews.com/russia/20150901/1026443780/Russia-Ukraine-subsoil-ban.html
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:27 pm

VVP dun' it again! Sanctiooooooons!
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:33 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

And these would be favourable conditions for NAF that I have been talking about. If Porkins sends idiots on the offensive it gives defence advantage to NAF.

NAF slaughters the idiots who leave safety of their trenches and goes on the counteroffensive immediately afterwards. Much less risky and costly than attacking fortified positions head on.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for NAF boys and for me idea of sacrificing single NAF life for anything less than 30 dead ukrops is travesty on a cosmic scale.
    I am certain that no information regarding the exact co-ordinates of RS positions would make its way into NAF hands. UA security is now too good.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:36 pm

So what has exactly changed on the political landscape now that Lyashko's party switched to the opposition? Does this mean Poroshenko won't get the necessary 300 votes to ratify the decentralization project? If that's so then I guess Poroshenko is done for because he basically lost the chance to "fullfil" Minks II until the end of this year, even if this legislation about "decentralization" doesn't provide what DNR and LNR are asking for. The next step is Poroshenko's impeachment and early elections. I simply see no other way how this clown can get back that power unless he starts massively bribing the opposition.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:41 pm

The 'new' ceasefire is supposed to start today. Has it?

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Russia will continue to make all possible efforts to achieve peaceful resolution of the Ukrainian crisis, the ministry said. “The Russian side considers this event [the ceasefire] an important step in terms of the relevant provisions of the Minsk Agreement of February 12, this year, and intends in this regard to continue to make all necessary efforts to reach a peaceful settlement in Ukraine, meeting the interests of all of its citizens,” the statement said.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150901/1026453191.html#ixzz3kVBSurUV
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:44 pm

Construction underway in preparation for the Kerch bridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=263&v=XVbsyBv2oAw
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:07 pm

JohninMK wrote:Construction underway in preparation for the Kerch bridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=263&v=XVbsyBv2oAw

It's really coming along nicely. I've been posting stuff about it on Crimea tread. This bridge will really be something.

I wonder if Discovery channel will be making documentary on this? lol1
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:16 pm

Ivan Katchanovski
    28 mins · Edited ·

Ihor Palytsia, a Volyn oligarch, an associate of Kolomoisky, and the recent governor of the Odesa Region, has announced today in Lutsk that he would run again for the Ukrainian parliament. He would do it in the byelection in a district vacated after Ihor Eremeev, his rival Volyn oligarch, was killed by a horse a few kilometers from my house. Media reports and information provided by my friends and acquaintances in both these electoral districts show that both Palytsia and Eremeev won their previous elections by openly buying voters with payments of 200 hryvnias and various donations from their specially created foundations. They both supported the Yanukovych government before the "Euromaidan," but then switched sides and became backers of the Maidan governments.

Iryna Konstankevych, then the head of the Palytsia’s private foundation, which financed Volyn Right Sector volunteers in the neo-Nazi-led Azov battalion, used a similar tactic during the parliamentary elections in October 2014. But she lost by a few dozen of votes after her attempt to falsify the election results was blocked by threats to burn the courts, the Lutsk city council, and the election commission based there by the Maidan Self-Defence backing a rival candidate. This Palytsia’s associate and Mykola Sorokopud, her husband who heads the Volyn association of lawyers, were directly involved in seizures of my house, land, and personal possessions in the Lutsk district by means of open falsification of court cases and directives to local judges.

http://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2015/09/1/7079787/
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:29 pm

Will someone please translate? thanks in advance for any translation

Svoboda Party Leader Oleg Tyagnibok Addresses Carpathian Sich Battalion Before Battle Against Kiev Junta 29th August 2015
    Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a9_1441069847#K0PbzQ4pM7lEvBHd.99

Also on same live leak and youtube

Carpathian Sich Battalion Sing Ukrainian Nazi Song at Ukraine Independence Day

Last edited by Cowboy's daughter on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:Will someone please translate? thanks in advance for any translation

Svoboda Party Leader Oleg Tyagnibok Addresses Carpathian Sich Battalion Before Battle Against Kiev Junta 29th August 2015
    Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a9_1441069847#K0PbzQ4pM7lEvBHd.99

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a9_1441069847

That looks like the Twilight zone in the 40's. All those SchokoladeJugend. Sad.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:49 pm

Neutrality wrote:So what has exactly changed on the political landscape now that Lyashko's party switched to the opposition? Does this mean Poroshenko won't get the necessary 300 votes to ratify the decentralization project? If that's so then I guess Poroshenko is done for because he basically lost the chance to "fullfil" Minks II until the end of this year, even if this legislation about "decentralization" doesn't provide what DNR and LNR are asking for. The next step is Poroshenko's impeachment and early elections. I simply see no other way how this clown can get back that power unless he starts massively bribing the opposition.

Possibly an extension of deadline to next year? Maybe, maybe not.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:12 pm

Members of Svoboda Party Protest For Freeing The Protesters Arrested Earlier Today

image: http://edge.liveleak.com/80281E/u/u/ll2/attention.gif

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 2 LiveLeak-dot-com-abe_1441050023-svobodaprotest_1441050043.jpg.resized

Part of channel(s): Ukraine (current event)

In front of the Police Station, the fronts are set. Members of the Ultra-nationalist Svoboda Party are protesting throughout the night for the Police to free the protesters involved in the Rada Clashes, that were arrested earlier.
    The Rada Protest resulted in a grenade attack from the protesters which killed at least one National Guard Soldier and injured at least 20 other people.

All this while the Spokesperson for the US State Department said they "deplore" the violence that took place in front of the Ukrainian Rada during the protest.

Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=abe_1441050023#fRWLPQ2CsOFfpdom.99

The Situation in the Ukraine. #21 - Page 2 LiveLeak-dot-com-abe_1441050023-svobodaprotest1_1441050041.jpg.resized
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:23 pm

Jesus, it looks like Kiev government threw all the police they had at them.

Ukraine Police Beat Protesters Outside Hotel Kiev After Rada Riots 31st August 2015

Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=680_1441029420#I1ku0O4G2WlQDWkG.99

Interviews and Build Up to Kiev Rada Riots in Ukraine 31st August 2015

[youtube]SVTf6YX0tOI[/youtube

Fight at the hotel "Kyiv"

Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:38 pm

wow. so that's why they trained all the new police.

Drone Footage of Grenade Attack on Police at Ukraine Parliament

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=132_1441024816
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:09 pm

WTF? Suspect

''Odessa May Soon Break Away From Ukraine - Saakashvili ''

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150901/1026454821.html
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:30 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    WTF? Suspect

''Odessa May Soon Break Away From Ukraine - Saakashvili ''

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150901/1026454821.html

We all know Sabakashvili has a problem, actually more than a problem, quite frankly the dude is a walking festering soporific sore of problems, but confidential reports from Hollywood Insider say today's ramblings were a simple reslut of him falling in the forest during his morning jaunt, managed to get some strange mushroom spores on his favorite tie and when he ate the tie for lunch, well, you can imagine what the spores did to his already addled thought processes.....assuming he actually does have the occasional thought.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:00 pm

Watch Violent Clashes After Decentralization Vote In Kyiv
    English subs

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:38 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:Watch Violent Clashes After Decentralization Vote In Kyiv
    English subs

It was a lot calmer than it could have been, just lucky that not all the other neo-nazi groups where there.

Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:38 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:

Yeah... I think it's safe to say that these people are willing to die no matter what or why, while singing their songs. The level of brainwashing is complete.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:13 am