Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+48
marcinko
Walther von Oldenburg
Cowboy's daughter
PapaDragon
artjomh
JohninMK
Dforce
auslander
ExBeobachter1987
Prince Darling
GarryB
Book.
CaptMorgan68
Godric
medo
Dima
Airbornewolf
Inetwarrior
Voskhod
whir
Morpheus Eberhardt
Admin
DTA
NationalRus
HeNeArKrXeRn_
Monarchist
Khepesh
KomissarBojanchev
TheArmenian
collegeboy16
Cpt Caz
Regular
Mike E
macedonian
DanilaMP
kvs
TR1
wilhelm
mack8
Rodinazombie
sepheronx
KoTeMoRe
Strizh
flamming_python
magnumcromagnon
Werewolf
max steel
AbsoluteZero
52 posters

mp.net is closing?

mack8
    mack8

mp.net is closing? - Page 6 Empty Re: mp.net is closing?

Post  mack8 Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:18 am

Thank you for your insight KoTeMoRe.

Well, since they should be closing any time now, i guess all it's left is to transmit the specific group of vegetables mentioned the traditional and heartfelt farewell "May you eat s*** and die". USA sux d*** lol!
    whir

Post  whir Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:30 am

When you ban people that provide firsthand account of things you have a problem of credibility.

Funnily enough the genuine maidan crew was curved preventively for spilling too much haterade over the cash-cow while the faux hohols where spared.
    Voskhod
    Voskhod

Post  Voskhod Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:41 am

I enjoyed MP.net. I got a good amount of laughs from a lot of people and threads. Recently I was getting more doubts about certain things on the board. I was really pissed when Kfitztichner (or something like that) got banned for some silly reason when LD or Hollis (I can't remember) provoked him in saying some stuff. He was an excellent contributor to the Vietnamese Photo Thread, arguably my favourite topic on MP.net.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:56 am

Voskhod wrote:I enjoyed MP.net. I got a good amount of laughs from a lot of people and threads. Recently I was getting more doubts about certain things on the board. I was really pissed when Kfitztichner (or something like that) got banned for some silly reason when LD or Hollis (I can't remember) provoked him in saying some stuff. He was an excellent contributor to the Vietnamese Photo Thread, arguably my favourite topic on MP.net.

Nope Kfeztechniker got banned because he made Hollis look like a cunt. Because Hollis (allegedly a Viet Nam vet) has a pathological issue with the outcome of the VietNam war.  Some idiot pro-RVN slandered Kfez and Kfez replied, like always in very polite manner, albeit saying things that you can't in presence of Hollis. Basically Kfez pointed out that the Hue massaccre albeit real might have had other causes than simply ideological, and were nowhere near the 5000 dead. Which is actually the truth. The 5000 number was some US agitprop shit.

However, as I said, Hollis has many issues with admitting the US lost the VN war, so he pulled Kfez out of the forum.

The issue with the way MP.net worked is that in the long run everyone was getting affected by the bullshit moderation, including pro-US people because when the moderation job becomes a private property, you'll piss at some point one of the mods. And you'll get an infraction.

It also had a lot to do with the fact the last 3 years the cash cows of the site were becoming the Photo thread and the Russian Photo thread. You can't have any of that.

whir wrote:When you ban people that provide firsthand account of things you have a problem of credibility.

Funnily enough the genuine maidan crew was curved preventively for spilling too much haterade over the cash-cow while the faux hohols where spared.

Yeah well, the big idea was that they wanted "quality". They got quality.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:08 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:Because Hollis (allegedly a Viet Nam vet) ...

KoTeMoRe,

I think "allegedly" is the keyword here. thumbsup
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:15 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Because Hollis (allegedly a Viet Nam vet) ...

KoTeMoRe,

I think "allegedly" is the keyword here. thumbsup

Oh but I know that, my friend, all too well. He's a fraud IMO. Or the deepest bottom of the bowl.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:59 pm

whir wrote:When you ban people that provide firsthand account of things you have a problem of credibility.

LOL the best was when they banned that Syrian guy who was posting exclusively in the Syria thread. And shared some pretty good (and unbiased) info that you couldn't get anywhere else. He should've been the star of mp.net, because many people (yours truly included) only went there to read his posts. And they went and banned the guy! They reversed their decision later, only to ban him once again...

What happened was that the IsraelStronk crew ganged up on him, flaming him hard so he finally lost it, and replied in kind.
    Of course the IsraelStronk pack didn't even get as much as an infraction, but he (can't remember hos nick ATM) was accused of being a terrorist supporter (of Hezbollah), which he absolutely denied numerous times...the guy was a Syriac Christian!

That place was gold for analyzing which way America is moving. And let's just say - it ain't the rule of law and respect for individual freedomz...

Laughing
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:21 pm

MP.net was an NGO; what do you expect of them?
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:22 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:MP.net was an NGO; what do you expect of them?

Regime change!
    Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:14 pm

One semi-analytical approach that I found interesting is that the unpaid trolls would disappear as soon as they realize that the outcome of a given situation doesn't suit them. This happened on the MP.net regarding the war between the Nazis and the Novorussians; as soon as it became obvious that the Novorussians were decimating the Nazi forces, the pro-Nazi trolls on MP.net turned tail and disappeared. A instance that comes to mind was the case of that Slovakian troll there.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:33 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:One semi-analytical approach that I found interesting is that the unpaid trolls would disappear as soon as they realize that the outcome of a given situation doesn't suit them. This happened on the MP.net regarding the war between the Nazis and the Novorussians; as soon as it became obvious that the Novorussians were decimating the Nazi forces, the pro-Nazi trolls on MP.net turned tail and disappeared. A instance that comes to mind was the case of that Slovakian troll there.

Yup, the trolls were there to make noise. If the noize couldn't cover the truth. You wreck the place, see current tactics from XJ220 and the rest of the inbreds.

Mac: Samii? Yeah he had picked a side, just like Beardless Infidel. Both were giving accounts on how and what, both were clear about their circumstances. Samii got baited by Camera (surprize, just like Surenas at some point) to say if he was pro or against the Hezbollah. Typical BS. Hollis infracted, then after outrage he allowed him back, only to ban him for 3 months sometimes after. Samii is still on just didn't post anything after that.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:38 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:One semi-analytical approach that I found interesting is that the unpaid trolls would disappear as soon as they realize that the outcome of a given situation doesn't suit them. This happened on the MP.net regarding the war between the Nazis and the Novorussians; as soon as it became obvious that the Novorussians were decimating the Nazi forces, the pro-Nazi trolls on MP.net turned tail and disappeared. A instance that comes to mind was the case of that Slovakian troll there.

Yup, the trolls were there to make noise. If the noize couldn't cover the truth. You wreck the place, see current tactics from XJ220 and the rest of the inbreds.

Also those unpaid trolls are like sport fans that get up and leave the stands when they realize their team is losing the game.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:41 pm

Yeah, but the Poles kept at it.
    And the Balts. And the Fins.

Gotta say, they've changed my worldview a lot...the distance they go to lick American boots (I have Poles in mind here), and the hatred they have for everything Russian...it's just - not normal. It's just too Slavic!  Laughing
    Not all of them obviously - but most of them.

Oh and there was that deranged Aussie guy who was just as confused as the Poles were.

____
    Edit

KoTeMoRe wrote:Mac: Samii? Yeah he had picked a side, just like Beardless Infidel. Both were giving accounts on how and what, both were clear about their circumstances. Samii got baited by Camera (surprize, just like Surenas at some point) to say if he was pro or against the Hezbollah. Typical BS. Hollis infracted, then after outrage he allowed him back, only to ban him for 3 months sometimes after. Samii is still on just didn't post anything after that.

Yes - that's the guy!
    Thanks for reminding me KoTeMoRe!
    Didn't know he's still a member...his posts were a great firsthand account on what's going on in Syria.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:51 pm

macedonian wrote:Yeah, but the Poles kept at it.

Gotta say, they've changed my worldview a lot...the distance they go to lick American boots (I have Poles in mind here), and the hatred they have for everything Russian...it's just - not normal. It's just too Slavic!  Laughing

Oh and there was that deranged Aussie guy who was just as confused as the Poles were.

____
    Edit

KoTeMoRe wrote:Mac: Samii? Yeah he had picked a side, just like Beardless Infidel. Both were giving accounts on how and what, both were clear about their circumstances. Samii got baited by Camera (surprize, just like Surenas at some point) to say if he was pro or against the Hezbollah. Typical BS. Hollis infracted, then after outrage he allowed him back, only to ban him for 3 months sometimes after. Samii is still on just didn't post anything after that.

Yes - that's the guy!
    Thanks for reminding me KoTeMoRe!
    Didn't know he's still a member...his posts were a great firsthand account on what's going on in Syria.

He stopped posting since january. Probably after second ban. Anyway 2015 was really the low point for MP.
    whir

Post  whir Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:57 pm

That's an special case, his credibility was severely damaged when his predictions crumbled after the "propaganda" he rabidly denied for weeks turned factual (creation of NAF, arrival of volunteers trained in Rostov, start of offensive, etc.) so he stopped posting until Minsk 1 where the prospect of a frozen conflict was more suitable for his narrative.
    whir

Post  whir Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:06 pm

And the Balts. And the Fins..
    The language tests for political purity was a new low, worse than Reddit downvote.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:12 pm

whir wrote:
    That's an special case, his credibility was severely damaged when his predictions crumbled after the "propaganda" he rabidly denied for weeks turned factual (creation of NAF, arrival of volunteers trained in Rostov, start of offensive, etc.) so he stopped posting until Minsk 1 where the prospect of a frozen conflict was more suitable for his narrative.

Yeah well after Illovaisk there was a moment of pause and panic among Ukrop trolls. It was calm and VERY messy. With all kind of claims. Just after that, the official Ban season started.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:25 pm

Yes, that was very very noticable. There were all shouting about it is the end for Novorossiya when it really did look bad when ukrops almost penetrated to Krasny Luch, yet all Novorossiya supporters did not stop believing in the cause and did not stop posting support even at the darkest hour. Last I think from that guy was a photo of a few ukrops at Saur-Mogila and him declaring "victory", then he went almost completely silent. Great "friend" of ukrops he was....
    Inetwarrior
    Inetwarrior

Post  Inetwarrior Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:27 pm

What do you expect from us. Our media have one way narratibve that some of the younger memebers were born into...
    They were teach that from TV, medias, schools for years...
    People here lost almost all contacyt with russian coulture and real history. They almost do not travel in that direction.
    Thats a problem! And remember that MP.net visitors were often rightwingers nationalistic type of guys... That type of guys are interesting in wars, history and guns...
    But they really do not present all of our society...
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:31 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    Yes, that was very very noticable. There were all shouting about it is the end for Novorossiya when it really did look bad when ukrops almost penetrated to Krasny Luch, yet all Novorossiya supporters did not stop believing in the cause and did not stop posting support even at the darkest hour. Last I think from that guy was a photo of a few ukrops at Saur-Mogila and him declaring "victory", then he went almost completely silent. Great "friend" of ukrops he was....

One thing was funny, that one of the Pro-NAF guys when they departed from Slavyansk, in the face of adversity preached and said that winter was coming. Hehehehe that made me laugh.
    Inetwarrior
    Inetwarrior

Post  Inetwarrior Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:33 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:

One thing was funny, that one of the Pro-NAF guys when they departed from Slavyansk, in the face of adversity preached and said that winter was coming. Hehehehe that made me laugh.

August was enough to change the picture...
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:40 pm

whir wrote:
    And the Balts. And the Fins..
    The language tests for political purity was a new low, worse than Reddit downvote.

The language test! I forgot about that one!
    LOL, you're right...Priceless.

Inetwarrior wrote:

What do you expect from us. Our media have one way narratibve that some of the younger memebers were born into...
    They were teach that from TV, medias, schools for years...
    People here lost almost all contacyt with russian coulture and real history. They almost do not travel in that direction.
    Thats a problem! And remember that MP.net visitors were often rightwingers nationalistic type of guys... That type of guys are interesting in wars, history and guns...
    But they really do not present all of our society...

Thanks for answering man. No offense I hope.
    I didn't mean to attack all Poles (as I've stated in the original post). Nothing of the sort.
    But, you are a Slavic nation after all, and to see that sort of hatred was really UNEXPECTED. And the "we in the west" speech by many Poles was...well...unexpected as well.

BTW, Macedonian media is not pro-Russian...not by a long shot. It's printed in Brussels and then translated in Macedonian for local consumption. Very Happy
    Neither is most of the media in other parts of the Balkans. So I understand what you're saying.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:46 pm

What language test?
    Inetwarrior
    Inetwarrior

Post  Inetwarrior Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:48 pm

macedonian wrote:

Thanks for answering man. No offense I hope.
    I didn't mean to attack all Poles (as I've stated in the original post). Nothing of the sort.
    But, you are a Slavic nation after all, and to see that sort of hatred was really UNEXPECTED. And the "we in the west" speech by many Poles was...well...unexpected as well.

No offence. Do not forget that most prople here are catholic - that makes them west. And NATO and UE badge makes you think like that...
    That way of thinking could be very hard to change. Losing propaganda war have long term consequences...
    Inetwarrior
    Inetwarrior

Post  Inetwarrior Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:50 pm

Werewolf wrote:

What language test?

If you are Finn that like russiand you need to pass language test to prove that you are not Putin troll e-soldier...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:24 pm