Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+44
miketheterrible
thegopnik
lyle6
Scorpius
SeigSoloyvov
The-thing-next-door
Kimppis
xeno
HUNTER VZLA
syunsan
Walther von Oldenburg
DTA
Boshoed
PapaDragon
max steel
Arctic_Fox
Sunbeam
Vann7
Book.
2SPOOKY4U
Regular
OminousSpudd
Airbornewolf
Zivo
collegeboy16
flamming_python
Manov
VladimirSahin
Morpheus Eberhardt
As Sa'iqa
CosPetia
NationalRus
KomissarBojanchev
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
higurashihougi
Mike E
Werewolf
Viktor
GarryB
TR1
Admin
Stealthflanker
sepheronx
48 posters

Video Games Thread

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Video Games Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Video Games Thread

Post  Werewolf Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:29 am

Mike E wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:Appearantly the video game Armored Warfare is out since 8.10. so who might be interest in World of Tanks with more modern vehicles want to check it out. I am currently downloading it, will take a while with my connection.

Okay have been again a few weeks since i visited AW forum, but i am already annoyed by the "russia shit" garbage of that jew stronkkk troll.
    I just downloaded the Beta myself, so far so good. I'd say it is about x10 better than World of Tanks in every area, but it still has derp moments with RNG.

Oh, and T-14... Razz Can't wait.

AW forum is a joke for the most part, but I still post there.

Have noticed the biggest Abramszh fanboy joined that forum.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:52 am

Werewolf wrote:
    Mike E wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:Appearantly the video game Armored Warfare is out since 8.10. so who might be interest in World of Tanks with more modern vehicles want to check it out. I am currently downloading it, will take a while with my connection.

Okay have been again a few weeks since i visited AW forum, but i am already annoyed by the "russia shit" garbage of that jew stronkkk troll.
    I just downloaded the Beta myself, so far so good. I'd say it is about x10 better than World of Tanks in every area, but it still has derp moments with RNG.

Oh, and T-14... Razz Can't wait.

AW forum is a joke for the most part, but I still post there.

Have noticed the biggest Abramszh fanboy joined that forum.

Is that how it's spelled in Poland? Wink
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:39 am

Would love to play it. But I have gotten so bloody lazy lately, and never bothered to repair my powersupply, as I plan on moving to my wifes computer (core i5 650 vs my AMD 1055T). But I just don't really feel like doing it. I would play it. But, I am just getting far to fat and lazy these days. Help me!
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:43 am

AW isn't an easy game on your computer.

Mine can barely inch out Ultra at ~1000p (GTX-960 & 3770K). Going to mess with a few things and see if I can up it to 1080p.

Last edited by Mike E on Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:43 am

Was playing some Arma 3 with the RHS mod, They modeled lots of things correctly and I think the mod is from a American studio? I felt as if I was in the army for a second Laughing Well anyways soon I'll be getting a new desktop if anyone wants to play some arma 3 I'm up for it. Also just checked in this game my bro told me about, Combat Mission Shock Force its a great game you guys should check it out, Basically Syrian war in 2008, NATO attacks our Syrian bros and you can play as either side. Had great game play with the demo contemplating buying it.

So much games I need and thank god I have lots of free time, If anyone can give me some good suggestions on realistic war games I'd be grateful. Preferably being able to play as the Russian forces and our allies, Or any body against NATO to be more exact.

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:11 am

Mike E wrote:AW isn't an easy game on your computer.

Mine can barely inch out Ultra at ~1000p (GTX-960 & 3770K). Going to mess with a few things and see if I can up it to 1080p.

No way in hell I am upgrading anytime soon, besides to a Xeon x5650. I gotta keep that 6970 for a while more till I get myself back from India.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:17 am

Well currently trying to play it, it runs, but never played such game before and the balance in tier one are already not that great. meh
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:19 am

They don't have skilled matchmaking yet, especially at the low tiers. Trust me when I say it gets better.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:49 am

Mike E wrote:They don't have skilled matchmaking yet, especially at the low tiers. Trust me when I say it gets better.

Have spotted bullshit right now.

PT-76 vs M113, 55m distance me to him, i look at his ass from a slope, his ass is almost 90° to my gun, Boom, "Ricochet" with a HEAT round...

That angling here is non existent with reality, rounds vs armor is also absolutley not even attempted to simulate reality. Not to mention M113 does to much damage with a 20mm from 1km you can get destroyed while you need 5x 76mm HEAT rounds.

Balance between damage isn't even existent.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:57 am

M113 is badly over powered, devs know that and they might work in it (I think so, just need to think about it). Gotta remember, it is still just a beta.

HEAT is badly effected by basically anything. Maybe there are areas on the rear that count as spaced armor.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:02 am

Mike E wrote:M113 is badly over powered, devs know that and they might work in it (I think so, just need to think about it). Gotta remember, it is still just a beta.

HEAT is badly effected by basically anything. Maybe there are areas on the rear that count as spaced armor.

IT is a fucking M113, the entire thing should look like a open can of fish when a single HEAT round would hit it.

Appareantly HEAT rounds are underpowered against anything. Do not do damage against M113, T-54 is absolutley uneffected by HEAT rounds to gun mantlet or LFP or Side.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:09 am

HEAT rounds are far less powerful than APFSDS in penetration, keep that in mind.

A PT's HEAT can't pen a T-54's LFP (~230 mm) or mantlet (~200 mm). Idk about the side.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:13 am

Mike E wrote:HEAT rounds are far less powerful than APFSDS in penetration, keep that in mind.

A PT's HEAT can't pen a T-54's LFP (~230 mm) or mantlet (~200 mm). Idk about the side.

HEAT rounds are superior to APFSDS against light armor, however HEAT is useless in that game at all ranges. Just way to off from reality, so everything i know is useless here since everything is to armored, to underpowered or useless, Arcade games how i hate that.

That game is getting really annoying. If you hit with APFSDS or HEAT the exact spot on tracks, it will only do damage to tracks, no penetration of the weak hull even at 90° to armor angle. The road wheels and track are inpenetratable armor, it only effects its mobility, but not even a single HP lost... that is really annoying.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:03 pm

I completed The Witcher... nice game, with a good plot and a fair number of difficult moral choices. I succumbed to my gaming urges and bought the sequel 2 hours later. Shocked I am now downloading it.

Did someone play DCS? I knwo Werewolf played it and I plan to buy it after getting a new PC and wanna know how good it is. How is the balance between gameplay and realism?
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:29 am

My favourite video game weapon in the first two Stalker games... it is tiny.

That modification of the AK-74 looks broken... bent... yuk.

Then you should take a look at the new Ubisoft game. Wink
    Just recently got a new combat game Raibow Six siege ,that even though is not a combat
    simulator the game focus a a bit more stronger than than traditional
    games (call of duty or battlefield) in realism in combat..(one shot and you die and no respawn) and the games allows you to use Some units of the special forces from world top powers ,with some of their tactics and fight online against each other.  Very Happy

So you can fight as counter terrorism unit from  FBI special police, spetnaz FSB ,SAS ,
    french and germans too.  And this is where all gets better.. it allows you to use the AK-12..
    and was well modeled in the game. Very Happy   and the graphics are really nice too..
    So if anyone have the opportunity to get it and play online ,you will love it. Specially the AK-12
    in the game. This is the closest thing you will have to see or test an AK-12 or other weapons
    of Russia spetnaz.

The game is done by French developers. and the Russian spetnaz truly have been given
    some love in the game.. by making some of its units the best ,the way it is. Very Happy

What is even more interesting about the game.. is that the "Operators" as the game
    call the special soldiers of each special force was inspired by real people that exist and still work in those countries in counter terrorism. give you a little Biography of their lives and how they got into the special forces ,in this case of Russia.  Smile  

Here is some of the Spetnaz that you will see in the game.  

here the ak-12 used in all its glory..

like most FPS games you can add many  attachments to each weapons
    and fully customize it to your like with any scope or grip or camo you prefer.
    They are rumored to add special forces of more countries.. about 4 more at least.
    At game launch the special/counter terrorism forces are from USA,UK,France,Germany
    and Russia. But already saw Canada special forces will be included in future and for sure China will be included and Japan.  If you like weapons and Russian ones ,this game will allow you to
    explore them in a virtual game and they will add many more weapons. so expect the AEk-971
    to be there too.. since nearly all FPS games now have it and is people favorite one. lol1

the one i will love to see is the subsonic ones of the FSB , like the Ash-12 and VKS ,
    if modeled correctly will be too op for the game,since no walls will be safe to hide ,its bullets
    will cut through it.
    Sunbeam

Post  Sunbeam Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:45 am

Only thing from special forces in this game is their names...
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Video Games Thread - Page 8 Empty Video games

Post  Werewolf Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:44 am

Haha a PMM makes more damage than a GSh-18?

Yes game developers have so much bullshit to tell.

So far the best simulations were always either russian or affilieted with russians.
    Arctic_Fox
    Arctic_Fox

Post  Arctic_Fox Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:13 pm

Escape from Tarkov:

NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:59 am

anyone else enjoying dragon age inquisition as much as i do Smile
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:01 am

My oh my Surprised

https://www.rt.com/news/329028-angola-video-game-sued/

Children of the former Angolan warlord Jonas Savimbi are suing the makers of the Call of Duty video game for portraying their father as a “halfwit who wants to kill everybody.” Three of Savimbi's children are seeking €1 million in damages from the game’s publisher.

The family is disgusted by certain scenes in the video game, such as where Savimbi is heard shouting, “Fight, my brothers!” and “We must finish them… death to the MPLA!” referring to the People's Movement for the Liberation of Angola, which has ruled the African nation since its independence from Portugal in 1975.

Three of Savimbi’s children, who are living in the Paris region, say they want €1 million ($1.08 million) from the French branch of the publisher Activision Blizzard, which released the Call of Duty ‘Black Ops II’ game in 2012.

Wonder if any members of Ulyanovsk and Dzhugashvili family want to sue Red Alert game ? Rolling Eyes
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:51 pm

Arctic_Fox wrote:Escape from Tarkov:

Well now you have totally hyped me, dare you if they don't bring it out!

The effects like bullet holes on walls, smoke and grenade explosion look totally like the 4k engine of Metro 2033 video game. Did they acquire the engine to use it or is it just me?
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:27 pm

Today I installed Tom Clancy's six siege just to play as Spestnaz but some damn MSVR100.dll file was missing. I installed it from the internet but it kept on showing same popup.

Now playing COD: BLACK OPS. DAMN! WHAT A PROPAGANDA STORYLINE IT HAS. Currently on Escape Vorkuta ( best rated mission) Wink
    Arctic_Fox
    Arctic_Fox

Post  Arctic_Fox Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:44 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Arctic_Fox wrote:Escape from Tarkov:

Well now you have totally hyped me, dare you if they don't bring it out!

The effects like bullet holes on walls, smoke and grenade explosion look totally like the 4k engine of Metro 2033 video game. Did they acquire the engine to use it or is it just me?

I think is unreal engine 4.

BTW, some of the developers worked on s.t.a.l.k.e.r. series.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:07 pm

I have just completed Combat Mission: Afghanistan. A good and entertaining game surely and very challenging for the player but I have serious issue.

1. F*****g OPTIMIZATION - it simply does not exist. A game with maybe late 2006 level graphics runs worse than War Thunder which has graphics 1 generation ahead and open spaces 20 times larger than CMA. My PC that ran Crysis 2 on ultra details is not able to handle Combat Mission even on medium settings. The issue apparently was raised by players numerous times since CMSF but devs still haven't done much about it.

2. The command system. with too much micromanaging. There are too many commands, they are arranged in a clumsy way and the game does not feel like commanding a platoon/company/battalion but like playing with lego. Units don't stop when fired upon, they break formation and get mixed and confused due to large number f icons displayed on the screen etc. Units should be able to arrange in a set formation with a handful ofclicks amd should be able to maintain that formation for long periods of time without micromanaging. The player meanwhile should be able to exercise genera command over the units by simply giving commands to the subordinate and expecting him to do the jib.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:48 pm

Didn't see this tread before so I might as well give some recommendations.

Best games I played recently:

Alien:Isolation - Masterpiece of SF/horror genre and it also stands shoulder to shoulder with first two "Alien" movies when it comes to story.  

Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall/Hong Kong (take your pick) - Excellent turn based isometric RPGs.

Life is Strange - amazing cinematic story adventure, did not expect to like it as much as I did but this game is really something unique. Pretty much one of my all time favorites by now. Great story, atmosphere, music, can't recommend it enough. Tip:ignore forums and comments about this game by various idiots on the Internet and play it the way you want to and to avoid spoilers.  

Valkyria Chronicles - playing this now, Japanese turn based/shooter/anime hybrid. Lots of fun but do not be shy to consult guides on some levels (eg: #7), what can I say... Japanese...  Smile

Best games ever:

Fallout series (duh...)

Mass Effect - ONLY FIRST PART!!! Sequels nosedived hard. That is what happens when you fire lead writer halfway trough second game's production... shame...

Mirror's Edge

Freespace 2 - it can be played with mouse and keyboard no problem, just make sure you have good mouse (dive, dive!!!  thumbsup )

Deus Ex/Deus Ex Human Revolution

Splinter Cell 1,2,3

Dishonored

BioShock

Just scratching surface here honestly... PM me if you guys want more specifics and recommendations.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:36 pm