Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+13
TheGeorgian
Asf
Viktor
BTRfan
Werewolf
flamming_python
collegeboy16
TR1
gloriousfatherland
Mr.Kalishnikov47
Wan2345
solo.13mmfmj
milky_candy_sugar
17 posters

Computer Games Discussion

milky_candy_sugar
    milky_candy_sugar

Computer Games Discussion Empty Online chess game

Post  milky_candy_sugar Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:18 pm

http://www.chesscube.com
    This is probably the best website to play online chess! If you got any other suggestions, please tell or else my nickname over there is milky0candy
    ^_^ join me!
    solo.13mmfmj
    solo.13mmfmj

Computer Games Discussion Empty Re: Computer Games Discussion

Post  solo.13mmfmj Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:27 am

Are you a good chess player?
    milky_candy_sugar
    milky_candy_sugar

Post  milky_candy_sugar Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:08 pm

Yeah more or less...i used to gamble on chess, ya know playing on bets
    solo.13mmfmj
    solo.13mmfmj

Computer Games Discussion Empty Web browser game

Post  solo.13mmfmj Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:41 pm

Web browser game that i play if anyone is interested can join at this link:
    http://www.anno1777.com/index.php?i=140232
    solo.13mmfmj
    solo.13mmfmj

Post  solo.13mmfmj Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:16 pm

Nobody interested in the game?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:11 am

I had a look, but I am not really interested in those sorts of games.

I am not really a strategy game person... and the picture of slave trading I find a little distasteful.

I would think in this day and age it might be clear to all that the greed is good and money is everything consumerism of the 80s and 90s and naughties doesn't lead anywhere worth going.

When an empire of 300 million can spend three quarters of a trillion dollars on "defence" but can't afford a health care citizens for all its taxpayers... a country that consumed more than the rest of the world combined and actually wanted to spread that ideology because it thinks it is the best is a little frightening to me.

Imagine a country with the population of China consuming at the rate of the US?

More lethal to the Earth than any bomb made by man.
    solo.13mmfmj
    solo.13mmfmj

Post  solo.13mmfmj Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:03 pm

GarryB wrote:I had a look, but I am not really interested in those sorts of games.

I would think in this day and age it might be clear to all that the greed is good and money is everything consumerism of the 80s and 90s and naughties doesn't lead anywhere worth going.

When an empire of 300 million can spend three quarters of a trillion dollars on "defence" but can't afford a health care citizens for all its taxpayers... a country that consumed more than the rest of the world combined and actually wanted to spread that ideology because it thinks it is the best is a little frightening to me.

Imagine a country with the population of China consuming at the rate of the US?

More lethal to the Earth than any bomb made by man.

Is not a strategy game is more of an make lots of money game(this money can be transformed in real money to).I have no idea what this game has to do with USA spending on weapons and consuming a lot of stuff.

I am not really a strategy game person... and the picture of slave trading I find a little distasteful.
    Is just a game.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:41 pm

And you are not suspicious of a game that lets you make real money?

Money doesn't come from no where.

To earn real money from this game it has to cost real money to play... or it has the dumbest business model in the world.

You have to collect more money than you give out for it to work... Business 101... unless it is a charity and there are donors giving you money for free.
    solo.13mmfmj
    solo.13mmfmj

Post  solo.13mmfmj Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:35 pm

Some people invest real money in the game i don't.The game also has some commercials.
    Wan2345
    Wan2345

Computer Games Discussion Empty Browser game

Post  Wan2345 Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:30 pm

solo.13mmfmj wrote:Web browser game that i play if anyone is interested can join at this link:
    http://www.anno1777.com/index.php?i=140232

Hi dude,

I cant sign up for this game.

It shows
    "We dont accept new registrations in this country"
    solo.13mmfmj
    solo.13mmfmj

Post  solo.13mmfmj Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:20 pm

Some countries may not be able to join because frauds attempt in the past.
    Mr.Kalishnikov47
    Mr.Kalishnikov47

Computer Games Discussion Empty Arma 2 Combined Operations

Post  Mr.Kalishnikov47 Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:51 am

Arma 2 Combined Operations

Anybody here play it?

It's about as realistic as you're gonna get without having actual bullets fly over your head.
    gloriousfatherland

Post  gloriousfatherland Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:06 pm

get the mod called Project Reality for Arama....Its very realistic, and an awesome game...It takes team work and strategy my friend....When you play this, throw away that COD and BF3....i wish they had an xbox version though
    Mr.Kalishnikov47
    Mr.Kalishnikov47

Post  Mr.Kalishnikov47 Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:59 am

I believe the game is too big for Xbox or any console for that matter to run.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:20 am

I am afraid it has been a long time since I upgraded my computers, I must say I very much enjoyed playing operation flashpoint even though there were a few problems in my view.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:10 am

I torrented it, with the intention to try it out, and see if its worth buying...and it ran like shit.

And my rig ain't old, 2500k i5 cpu, 6950 gpu, 8 gb ram...so the lack of optimization pissed me off and I haven't tried it since.

Getting awfully tempted to get a new GPU, or get a second 6950 this summer, so we will see, might give it another go.
    Mr.Kalishnikov47
    Mr.Kalishnikov47

Post  Mr.Kalishnikov47 Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:21 am

TR1 wrote:I torrented it, with the intention to try it out, and see if its worth buying...and it ran like shit.

And my rig ain't old, 2500k i5 cpu, 6950 gpu, 8 gb ram...so the lack of optimization pissed me off and I haven't tried it since.

Getting awfully tempted to get a new GPU, or get a second 6950 this summer, so we will see, might give it another go.

I don't think your rig is the problem, it's probably just because you torrented it. I torrented the Elder Scrolls Oblivion, and it wouldn't run properly either, not even on the lowest settings, where as I bought Skyrim, and it runs like a charm on ultra high settings. Never trust a torrent.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:16 am

I tried the legitimate demo of Flashpoint where you are an American soldier and are delivered by truck to a point over the hill from a small village, which you take. As you are moving down the hill from the top village to a village lower down enemy tanks start coming and you are supposed to do a runner down to the shoreline and get picked up in a helo that then gets shot down by a ZSU-23-4 and you parachute out and run to safety.

Well that is the scripted solution... I normally carefully hunt down each of the enemy soldiers so there is just armour in the lower villiage and then go down and start firing rockets at the tanks and take them all out.
    You can win if you clear the village.

The other thing I enjoy doing is during my escape without clearing the village to go over and take out the ZSU-23-4 before I go for the helo...

I must say I preferred the Red Hammer campaign where I was issued with Russian kit instead of having to take it off the dead like I did as the American.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:30 am

Russian developers currently make the best flight sims... in my opinion of course, with Il-2 and its variants, and LOMAC, I wonder when they will come up with a Battlefield/OpFlashpoint type game with new Russian forces...

I suspect the overhaul and replenishment of the Russian forces will largely drive a change in the computer gaming industry to have the Russians as the rivals to the western forces again instead of Chinese or Arab forces...
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:33 am

Russians are still the OPFOR in Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 and Arma2, 3 of the biggest MP FPS releases in recent years. Wink

The Chinese never really panned out as the bad guys for some reason.
    Mr.Kalishnikov47
    Mr.Kalishnikov47

Post  Mr.Kalishnikov47 Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:55 am

TR1 wrote:Russians are still the OPFOR in Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 and Arma2, 3 of the biggest MP FPS releases in recent years. Wink

The Chinese never really panned out as the bad guys for some reason.

That reminds me of a question I've been wanting to ask for some time. How do you Russians feel about the way you're portrayed in modern FPS games? For instance, how did you TR1 feel about the portrayal of the Soviet-Afghan war in Black Ops 2?
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:01 am

Don't really care. I would like to see some games outside the typical "American good guys" theme; some role reversal would be nice.

Most shooters I only play the MP portion of anyways and could care less about SP, so as long as both sides are balanced, I'm good.

In Battlefield I do like the Russian voice acting, it is quite good and adds to immersion (bad guys talking broken English is lame).
    Mr.Kalishnikov47
    Mr.Kalishnikov47

Post  Mr.Kalishnikov47 Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:06 am

Thanks for the answer. As for me I don't really care either. The thing that irks me most is the inaccuracies of Russian equipment and gear. Although in BF3 the Russian's Humvee type vehicle being the Vodnik was pretty funny.

Oh, and how could I forget the Lebed buggy? Laughing
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:12 pm

I am not Russian but the thing that irks me the most is what TR-1 hints at... balance.

I don't want to play a game where the sides are largely balanced, I want games where each weapon is different and realistically portrayed so that their advantages and disadvantages can be exploited by someone with a bit of knowledge... as opposed to being able to just pick up a controller and do everything.

Of course things like OpFp where all tanks had 3 crew... even Abrams tanks and M60s and T-55s had autoloaders...

I did like the Red Hammer portion of the game, but pretty bored with the cliche story line... it seems that to be right you have to have an American accent... it couldn't possibly be that the people you are following orders from could be wrong and to be a hero and play the Russian you have to end up going rogue.

Of course there was a time when plots were simple like Redneck Rampage and Doom II... kill the monsters.
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:20 pm

Haha, BF3 is nice and all but T-90s in Iran? Oh, and that part where you got to shoot that Su-25 with a flimsy stinger, it made me cringed when it went boom one time. However that part where you ride a tinted van as Dima, that part was a little balls to the wall for anyone, even VDV dont you think?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:48 pm