Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+75
Arkanghelsk
Dr.Snufflebug
Backman
Broski
caveat emptor
Gazputin
gc3762
Rodion_Romanovic
Dima
rigoletto
nero
Russian_Patriot_
Lennox
Daniel_Admassu
lancelot
par far
Rasisuki Nebia
owais.usmani
Kiko
Scorpius
lyle6
LMFS
Big_Gazza
x_54_u43
Tingsay
calripson
thegopnik
PhSt
Hole
miketheterrible
GunshipDemocracy
Singular_Transform
kvs
PapaDragon
Project Canada
Singular_trafo
George1
Kimppis
ExBeobachter1987
victor1985
mutantsushi
Morpheus Eberhardt
Cyberspec
Book.
Kyo
KoTeMoRe
Neutrality
Vann7
indochina
Mike E
r111
Rmf
vK_man
Strizh
Werewolf
Russian Patriot
Mindstorm
Asf
Hannibal Barca
TR1
Flanky
BlackArrow
gaurav
magnumcromagnon
Viktor
flamming_python
Firebird
AlfaT8
Austin
GarryB
Turk1
Stealthflanker
Vladislav
sepheronx
Admin
79 posters

Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

Austin

Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

Post  Austin Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:52 am

Thanks sepheronx , Can you try to get more info on the fab facility in Russia because I believe those limited numbers are made for Russia Defence.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

Post  sepheronx Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:57 am

Austin wrote:Thanks sepheronx , Can you try to get more info on the fab facility in Russia because I believe those limited numbers are made for Russia Defence.

I will give it a shot (may take a couple of days, at work at the moment).

I do believe those limited number ones are for military as well, so you are correct. Hence why they would have low rate production, as it is cheaper to get high rate production done in Taiwan.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:14 am

This is from that link I posted:

http://igorrgroup.blogspot.ca/2009/11/russian-chip-makers-part-1.html

The current situation with serial production is following: the chips for which the 180-500 nm technology is enough, are fully producing in Russian electronic facilities in Zelenograd (Moscow district), while the 130-90 nm chips were producing in Taiwan or Israel according to Russian design.

One of the most prominent Russian fabless chip-design house is 'Sciense-technology center Module'. It was created in 1990 by NII Radio-devices building and TsNPO 'Vympel'. Its specialization initially was the digital signal processing of big massive radar row data. Despite economically downturn they succeeded in developing their own processor architecture and their first fully authentic L1879BM1 DSP chip controller in late 90th. Then the original NeuronMatrix architecture was licensing in Russia and abroad.

Now, it is kinda old, but here is other information that I got:

http://pda.itar-tass.com/en/c36/595747.html

KALININGRAD, December 10 (Itar-Tass) — Russia’s first plant for the production of microchips based on nanotechnology GS Nanotech is completing start-up operations. In early 2013, the enterprise based in Gusev (Kaliningrad Region) will reach its design capacity of 10 million microchips per year.

GS Nanotech comprises an industrial plant for the packaging and testing multi-chip microprocessors and a nanotechnology research centre.

GS Nanotech chief technologist Alexei Yartsev told Itar-Tass on Monday that the “initial batches of microprocessors have already been produced and are currently being tested.” “The microchips will be used for television digitalisation in the Russian Federation and related electronics industries,” he said. According to the chief technologist, the designing of a new generation of microprocessors is simultaneously underway at the plant’s research centre.

At present, GS components are used in the production process at the Digital Television Systems plant that is located nearby. It manufactures digital adaptors, TV satellite antennas and other high-technology radio-electronic products.

The press service of the plant for the production of nanotechnology microchips said that after the completion of the production line testing the company will be able to receive a state order from Rusnano Corporation.

The building of the GS Nanotech microelectronics research and production centre began in 2011. The company manufactures 45-nanometre microprocessors, four-layer PC boards, memory chips and software.

Its partner is the Portuguese company Nanium, a leading manufacturer of memory chips. The volume of foreign investment in the project is 1.2 billion roubles.

The GS Nanotech plant works within the Technopolis Gusev project that is supervised by the government of the Kaliningrad Region.

I mentioned about this as technopolis GS in the other thread:

http://technopolis.gs/en/

The Microelectronics Development, Research and Production Center "GS-Nanotech"
    GS-Nanotech is the Russia's first manufacture producing microprocessors with topology of 45 nm
    Producing capacity: up to 350 000 pieces per month
    Total investment value – RUR 4,2 bln
    Projected proceeds – RUR 3,5 bln per year

http://www.mikron.sitronics.com/about/business/niime_micron/

JSC Mikron performs scientific research, development, production and sales of integrated circuits.
    In 2012 process unit working with 90 nm technology was opened at the plant of JSC Mikron. Launch of the new line increased production capacity of the plant up to 36 000 wafers with the diameter 200 mm (8 inch) per year. In 2010 trilateral agreement was signed on technology transfer to Mikron granting access to 90 nm chips design rules.

These are what I found in short time. I will continue looking later.
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:23 am

Looks Great , Thanks once again.

So some sort of limited production facility do exisit in Russia for strategic applications makes sense.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:54 am

I don't know what T-Platforms CEO's are expecting from them trying to get back into US market by going through legal channels. It isn't going to work. They are pretty much hopeing their appeal will be approved and they get to continue to get contracts. With the money they are wasting sitting around, as well as paying for lawyers, they are better off trying to come up with alternatives, like Elbrus super computer using R1000 line and modifying the OS to work bettwe with it, or get something from China (whom would be happy to sell the equipment to) or look at Fujitsu or someone else. I mean, if they improved even the R1000 with higher cache, and higher speeds (2ghz), with its 4 core and try to move to a 6 or 8 core design, I bet that the processor would be quite the monster in computational instructions when working in a cluster.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:07 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:As expected from the U.S, anything to "protect" there precious electronics industry from the big bad Russian bear.Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Anyway the slashdot article posted by sepheronx is a bit odd:
    Nerval's Lobster writes "In March, the U.S. Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security added T-Platforms' businesses in Germany, Russia and Taiwan to the 'Entity List,' which includes those believed to be acting contrary to the national security or foreign policy interests of the United States. Commerce felt, according to the notice, that T-Platforms may be illegally assisting the Russian military and/or its nuclear program. In the meantime, Russian president Vladimir Putin has reportedly weighed in on the T-Platforms question. 'That's right. The use of political levers for unfair competition,' Putin said, according to RBTH.ru. 'Our European colleagues are independent people and they claim they want to work with us in certain spheres, yet they act as though they are absolutely dependent and unable to make their own decision. Is that so?' It's odd that Putin was quoted talking about 'European colleagues' when the Americans were responsible for cutting T-Platforms off.

I feel that in the future, countries that do not have there own domestic military/electronics industry at least on some level, will have to import there defense equipment more so then now, i guess what i am trying to say is that eventually the exporting country will decide that they will have software and hardware backdoors to literally be able to shuts down all said country's defense systems if they deem it necessary (like in Battlestar Galactica), is this a realistic look at the future or am i getting paranoid??scratch

Well 1 thing it does is show that America is terrified by the quality of Russian chips.

Moving on, perhaps they'll ban Boeing from trading. Because Boeing provide parts for Sukhoi's SSJ. And Sukhoi work in the Russian military.

So should the Ru armed forces use Intel instead? Or will that get Intel banned from trading. Its like reasoning with 12 yr olds.

I think its clear that America is beckoning a trade war (as it does with everyone at some point).
    Shows that the US has zero integrity in international affairs.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:27 pm

sepheronx wrote:This is from that link I posted:

The current situation with serial production is following: the chips for which the 180-500 nm technology is enough, are fully producing in Russian electronic facilities in Zelenograd (Moscow district), while the 130-90 nm chips were producing in Taiwan or Israel according to  Russian design.
    Ok Taiwan i understand, but Israel isn't that a serious security risk?Suspect

Back in 2012 the was talk about new Nano vacuum tube research being done by NASA and South Korea, has Russia looked into this?
    http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2012/05/return-of-the-vacuum-tube.html
    http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-tech/return-of-the-vacuum-tube-20120525-1za45.html
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:49 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:This is from that link I posted:

The current situation with serial production is following: the chips for which the 180-500 nm technology is enough, are fully producing in Russian electronic facilities in Zelenograd (Moscow district), while the 130-90 nm chips were producing in Taiwan or Israel according to  Russian design.
    Ok Taiwan i understand, but Israel isn't that a serious security risk?Suspect

Back in 2012 the was talk about new Nano vacuum tube research being done by NASA and South Korea, has Russia looked into this?
    http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2012/05/return-of-the-vacuum-tube.html
    http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-tech/return-of-the-vacuum-tube-20120525-1za45.html

I am not entirely sure how true that statement is, cause I cannot find a single article besides that one that states that some are made in Israel.  I imagine maybe specifics like some RISC processor may very well be, but I am not sure, as Taiwan holds modern FAB facilities like Israel, without being expensive and having some sort of political leverage.

As well, the article is older, thus there could be some inconsistency and it seems the blog has not been updated since 2011, so probably not worth asking to these guys. As well, 90nm is produced in Russia, so of course, they may get Taiwan to produce just 65nm then.

As for nano Vacuum tube technology, I can see Rusnano probably invested already or looking into something like that.  But as good as vacuum tube technology is for various aspects, it just wont become the future again, like the a-track or the Betamax.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:08 am

AlfaT8 wrote:Ok Taiwan i understand, but Israel isn't that a serious security risk?Suspect

They both are
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:02 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:Ok Taiwan i understand, but Israel isn't that a serious security risk?Suspect

They both are
    Not as much as Israel.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors - Page 2 Empty microprocessors

Post  flamming_python Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:46 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

They both are
    Not as much as Israel.

They are both client states of the US that are completely dependent on its military & political support.

Anything they got on Russia - they will send straight to Washington.

Last edited by flamming_python on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors - Page 2 Empty More on chips from space "Micron" and "Elvis"

Post  sepheronx Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:43 pm

More on chips from space "Micron" and "Elvis"

The Russian company "Micron" (included in industry holding RTI) has developed a chip that will ensure trouble-free operation in space for 10-15 years.

On a single silicon wafer is placed more than a dozen chips, and they are all different, but equally intended as a lofty goal. They will install on computers spacecraft.

According to Nikolai Shelepina, Deputy Director General for Research of "Mikron", the new development will help companies avoid such partial failures of our spacecraft, most of which have foreign components that are not intended for use in space.

Constructors Zelenograd enterprise "Micron" worked on the design of these chips 3 years. The problem compounded by the fact that the space, in addition to the temperature effect on computer systems have a high radiation and strong electromagnetic pulses.

Gennady Krasnikov, head of the group of companies "Micron" expects that within 1-2 years developed by experts from Zelenograd "space" chips will be used in creating massively Russian satellites and equipment to them. "And then our devices in space will be very reliable," - he stressed.

In addition to space, the new chips undoubtedly will be widely used in aviation, and in Russian military equipment. At present, "Micron" is already producing 42% of microelectronics in the country. It is produced millions of tickets for transport, chips for biometric passports, the SIM card.

The fastest and most completely domestic: ELVIS develop a new microprocessor for satellites

The latest development of the Zelenograd NPC "Elvis" - a microprocessor MC-30SF6, which extends the range of multi-core processors "Multicore" - became the subject of several publications in the media: "Russia creates a slower processor for satellites," wrote the "News". Elvis did not believe in a slow processor and emphasize that at present it is the "fast" signal microprocessor for use in space-based sensors, in harsh environments - large range of temperatures and radiation emission. Make new chips will be at Zelenograd "Micron". Key features of the new "space" chip and its competitive advantages edition Zelenograd.ru found out the developers. "Compared with domestic and foreign counterparts our processor provides exceptional performance and the availability of built-in Gigabit links SpaceFibre, - told in Elvis. - For example, only on the core DSP chip that is ten times faster than the processor installed in the American Mars rover Curiosity. A JPEG-compression of images at a rate of 320 megapixels per second run in parallel separate hardware accelerator. According to the preliminary specifications - we are developing the fastest by far the world's radiation-resistant processor, except for highly specialized FPGA, where comparable performance can be achieved by any one particular task, while the rest will be cut functionality. MC-30SF6 processor can be used in on-board electronic equipment: a path of processing of optical and radar systems, video cameras, data processing and image compression in a radio link. The area of ​​application is not limited to the sphere of space: it can be, for example, avionics. "

The development of the new microprocessor to the end of 2014 allocated 220 million rubles - the Ministry of Industry of the funds under the federal program for the development of electronic components by 2020. Chips will be manufactured in the Zelenograd "Micron", at the end of 2014 should complete the development of an experimental batch release. Thus, the IC will fully domestic - all operations on its creation, from design to manufacture and encapsulation will be implemented in the territory of the Russian Federation.

To protect against radiation processor chip MC-30SF6 projected on the basis of radiation-resistant library, specially designed for the factory "Micron". This approach is implemented in Russia for the first time Elvis, and this is not the first development based on it: initially the same library in the enterprise created under foreign factory, on the basis of which a number of chips - before launching in Zelenograd line of chips 180 nm. An example of the already completed design - the memory chip 1657RU1U, won first prize in the contest "Golden Chip 2013" for unique to CMOS technology parameters of radiation resistance. In a similar way to design processors (RadHard by Design) perform only a few companies in the world, for example, Aeroflex and Atmel. In Russia, on the "Micron", has already been successfully fabricated and tested three-part type of radiation-resistant VLSI designed Elvis, in parallel is even more projects.

The new processor is designed for continuous operation in techenie10-15 years in a large temperature difference (-60 º C to 85 º C) and the total cumulative dose of radiation up to 200 kilorad ( all the advanced features ). The topological level of the processor chip - 180 nm. Clock frequency in different nuclei - from 100 to 160 MHz, while in Elvis noted that performance can not usually measured in MHz, and the number of operations per second - and it it is more than competitive. Another of its competitive advantage - cost: through the use of relatively inexpensive technology - CMOS - chips produced at times cheaper counterparts, which are usually made on the technology "silicon on insulator" (SOI).

"There are several approaches to improve the radiation resistance of electronic components - explain to developers. - First - the use of appropriate production technologies such as SOI or SOS - "silicon on sapphire." This is an expensive option, but it allows you to achieve the best parameters chip resistance to radiation. The second approach - we have chosen - a special design methods (topological solutions, other forms of transistors, redundancy at the level of the standard cells), it provides acceptable for most applications, the parameters of durability at a fraction of the cost of manufacturing chips. The third approach - the failure-tolerant solutions at a higher system level (architecture chips, modules, devices), such as data redundancy, error control codes, special analysis algorithms and work with faults, etc. "

Elvis processor extra protection against radiation will produce a physical CPU registers triple redundancy, and protection of the internal and external memory Hamming code, automatically correcting errors. "But the above-mentioned" Izvestia "," silica coating "and" body with gold "is not really used to protect against radiation - correct errors in Elvis journalists. - And the architecture of the processor not MIPS, which "was built processor hapless vehicle" Phobos-Grunt "- the architecture in MC-30SF6 only one integrated core. Our processor is a system on a chip with two independent processors DSP and CPU (architecture MIPS), and the hardware accelerator compression JPEG, accelerator operations, and filtered spectral processing and high-speed integrated communication channels. As for MIPS - this processor architecture has nothing to do with the hapless "Phobos-Grunt", the words of the representative NIIET misinterpreted. The term "processor" is often referred to is not the CPU chip, the CPU module, a digital computer or a PC system unit. According to official findings of the Commission for the reasons of failure of equipment "Phobos-Grunt", indeed, the whole architecture of the machine considered insufficiently robust, no algorithms have been implemented in a number of emergency situations - but it does not go on the processor chip. "

At the same time Elvis and partnership with, the development of its own line of radiation-resistant chip lead and "Micron". Over the past three years, its designers have created a number of microprocessors and other schemes that satisfy the requirements of Russian standards, and must ensure the smooth operation of spacecraft on-protyazhenii10 15 years - this in a recent story TV channel "Vesti" said Nikolai Shelepin, Deputy Director General for Research and NIIME "Micron". According to him, in the fall of Russian satellites often to blame for imported chips, which do not always meet the space requirements or not intended for use in space. "We expect that in the short term, a year or two will be very widespread use of our components. And our machines in space will be very reliable, "- said Gennady KRASNIKOV, head of the group of companies" Micron ".

Article - in the development of the theme http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/40429/
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors - Page 2 Empty On the news of Microprocessor technology:

Post  sepheronx Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:34 am

On the news of Microprocessor technology:

FreeRTOS operating system successfully ported to the processor P1 MULTICLET
    Microprocessors with multicellular architecture capable of supporting any operating system (Linux, Windows, Android, etc.).
    The first step in porting the microprocessor MULTICLET P1 considered simpler OS, such as Contici (small, easy portability of real-time OS with a graphical interface protocol stack TSP / IP, web-browser and web-server), RTEMS (reliable RTOS POSIX compatible), VxWorks (OS, focused on the use of embedded computers, working in hard real-time) and FreeRTOS.
    As the first OS for Multiclet was selected FreeRTOS - multi-tasking real-time OS for embedded systems.
    During the porting tools used only of "Multiclet" which can be downloaded from the company on the technical documentation and software:  http://multiclet.com/inde...pport/technical-documents .
    Source code of the operating system FreeRTOS version 7.5.3, as well as a brief documentation on its use is available at:
    http://multiclet.com/inde...pport/technical-documents .
    Experience porting and the first results of the tests can be found at http://habrahabr.ru/post/209732/
    Suggestions, comments, tests propose to discuss on the Forum:
    http://multiclet.com/community/boards/4/topics/752

For those who do not know what Multiclet is:

Wiki
    Official Website

If it interests you, private satellite making company Sputnik, has signed an agreement for producing cell processors with high resistance to radiation for future spacecrafts:
    Article on matter (In Russian)
    Austin

Post  Austin Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:01 pm

New 4-core microprocessor "Elbrus-4C"  thumbsup 

http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/48102/

Old processor was 2-core "Elbrus-2C +" with integrated 4-core DSP-cluster firms Elvees and clocked at 0.5 GHz and had a 2-channel integrated memory controller type DDR2-800. And was performed on 90-nm process.

The new processor 2014 - is a 4-core "Elbrus-4C" clocked at 1 GHz and has a built-in 3-channel memory controller type DDR3-1600. Made on 65nm (ICP 40nm).

So now, each core is not just 2 times faster as the clock frequency has become 2 times more, but even faster due to new caches (this processor has a built-in cache L3), as well as due to faster memory.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:21 pm

You bugger, I was just about to post this Razz

Thanks man! It is such great news that this is finally coming out.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:31 pm

WoW ..... look at the table - coming next year  thumbsup 

Eight-core microprocessor architecture Elbrus
    Austin

Post  Austin Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:37 am

So who uses these processor in Russia ? Are all Government compulsary to use it ?

What about Mother Board , Graphic Card etc , can we use AMD/Intel Motherboard for this ?

Do they sell these processor in open market ?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:04 pm

Austin wrote:So who uses these processor in Russia ? Are all Government compulsary to use it ?

What about Mother Board , Graphic Card etc , can we use AMD/Intel Motherboard for this ?

It was ordered by ministry of industry for specifically automation and industrial equipment. Kraftway makes computers from them and they make their own motherboards as it is a proprietary connection that isnt adjustable but soldered in (not like Intels socket 775,1055,1050,2022 or AMD AM3/3+). Graphics card I do not know but they may either use their own or a VIA based. Their next processor to that of the 8 core one, is a APU (where the gpu amd cpu are on the same die, much like intel atom and AMD's APU's like xenos.

Kraftway is making the monocube and the all in one with the Elbrus for domestic market.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:28 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    Austin wrote:So who uses these processor in Russia ? Are all Government compulsary to use it ?

It was ordered by ministry of industry for specifically automation and industrial equipment. Kraftway makes computers from them and they make their own motherboards as it is a proprietary connection that isnt adjustable but soldered in (not like Intels socket 775,1055,1050,2022 or AMD AM3/3+). Graphics card I do not know but they may either use their own or a VIA based. Their next processor to that of the 8 core one, is a APU (where the gpu amd cpu are on the same die, much like intel atom and AMD's APU's like xenos.

Kraftway is making the monocube and the all in one with the Elbrus for domestic market.

Let's hope Russia can be self-sufficient in electronics in case of a technology embargo.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:24 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

Let's hope Russia can be self-sufficient in electronics in case of a technology embargo.

Certain things they still import but had the chance to build domestically in the past. They hold domestic tech shows to promote the local industries (both private and public) in order to connect the enterprises together. I think Elbrus 8C development stemmed from T-platforms blacklisting year ago.
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:36 am

Thanks Sepheronx.

If Kraftway does build these machine and sell it to general customer , I am more than happy to buy one if they ship it to India.

They should commodatise these Chips along Intel/AMD line and work with Mobo manuf that would support these CPU's

How does Elburus-4C and 8C compare with Intel and AMD brands in performance ?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Hard to say as it isnt out yet. But in a Windows enviornment, I imagine performance to be poor. As many programs under windows take advantage of the various Intel and AMD instruction sets which fall under their IP and is protected (which can go out the window if they embargoed Russia on these other chips).

Under linux (KNE or BSD) is where things can be competitive due to both being open sourced and majority of programs can be developed and redeveloped to take advantage of one architecture or another. 64Bit performance may not entirely be best, that is to be seen though. But a lot of applicatuons really do not take full advantage of 64bit OS. Any machine running these computers will be shipped with a linux distro.

That being said, performance should be quite a bit higher than 2C depending on tasks. The dsp cores of 2c would have faired far better under real time media encoding and rendering due to dsp's are specialized, but this chips will have an L3 cache, DDR3 1600 and less important, 500mhz increase and 2 extra physical cores. Depending on the architecture, the core speed may not be major indicator to performance, and due to innefficiencies of coding, multicore may not be as beneficial besides specialized software (like autocad). I believe its a built in memory controller but not communicated through hypertransport, which I am surprised due to HT is opensource.

8C is being developed specifically for HTC (supercomputing) enviornment, so performance will be huge but mostly in superscalar.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:43 am

Major investment and modernization of Russian electronic technological production capability:

Ruselectronics has invested RUB 13 billion in developing of its enterprises
    The funds are allocated to modernization of production

The holding company Ruselectronics, a division of the state corporation Rostec, continues to modernize its enterprises. During the period from 2011 to 2013 the holding company has invested more than RUB 13 billion in developing its production capacities. The main objective of these ongoing changes is improving the quality of electronic products and reducing their manufacturing costs.

The holding company has embarked on 73 projects for renovating the technical equipment of its enterprises. The main production sites have been reconstructed, which has created a modern technological base for the electronic products manufacturing.

The plants of the Research and Development enterprise Istok n.a. Shokin, Pulsar, Salut, Almaz, Thorium, Vostok, Telemechanics and others have all undergone a substantial technical modernization.

At the same time, the holding company has reduced development costs for military equipment, thanks to a solution for outfitting weaponry and military equipment with new microwave devices. This can significantly reduce the development costs, production, and operation.

The technical changes affect to a greater extent the enterprises that produce the microwave devices, including those that are based on solid-state technology. Basic equipment has been updated in these production shops.

“Microwave electronics is one of the holding company’s key fields of work. This is a crucial technology necessary for the defense support of the country,” noted Andrei Zverev, CEO of the holding company Ruselectonics.

In 2014, Ruselectronics will continue conducting a technical upgrade of its enterprises and developing a new technological base. The holding company plans to establish a long-term foundation for the microwave electronics development in Russia.

The holding company  Ruselectronics unites enterprises of the electronics industry that specialize in the development and manufacturing of the electronic-component basis, electronic devices, materials and equipment for their production, as well as the microwave devices and semiconductor devices. The company was established in early 2009 on the base of the eponymous state holding and is a part of the state corporation Rostec.

http://rostec.ru/en/news/4451

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors - Page 2 Empty New 4-core microprocessor "Elbrus-4C"

Post  sepheronx Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:57 am

Microcomputer Module MB 77.07 - Russian response Raspberry Pi

Reading the news of the ban on the supply of electronic components from the United States for individual producers in Russia, we decided to talk about single-board microcomputer Module CF 77.07, which was developed in the Russian science and technology center "Module" is based on one of the most productive Russian architecture processors ARM. We also look at setting up Linux-Debian distribution on this microcomputer.
    77.07 MW is based on system-on-chip K1879HB1YA, which is also the development of STC "module." Although K1879HB1YA scheme, primarily intended for use as a video decoder in different TV consoles, video surveillance devices and systems "smart home", he microcomputer 77.07 MB with this processor on board including positioned as a system for enthusiasts programmers and training fee for students. Thus, we can say that it is Russian analogue of Raspberry Pi. Let us briefly analyze the main characteristics of the processor K1879HB1YA, and then - and the board itself.
    System on Chip K1879HB1YA is based on two cores - ARM11 (ARM1176JZF-S) and an additional DSP-processor original architecture NeuroMatrix, which is included in the audio decoding unit.
    gaurav
    gaurav

Post  gaurav Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:47 pm

Western and U.S sanctions starting to hurt Russian Satellite cluster development.

Western sanctions could adversely affect the space industry of Russia - Rogozin
    04.04.2014 17:28:11
          Novosibirsk. April 4. Interfax-AVN - Russian space industry is heavily dependent on foreign supplies of radiation-resistant
    electronic-component base,
    said Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, at a meeting with students in Novosibirsk on Friday.
          "Any spacecraft, and we have hundreds of them - navigation system, cartography , communications, radiation sensing
    and the list goes on. Spacecraft - is 90% electronic-component base, ECB, and radiation-resistant. Our glorious bureaucrats
    in the industry managed, although funding for the last 10 years has been increased 100 times, keep the same proportion
    , depending on the ECB Western supplies, "- said Deputy Prime Minister.
          As a result, Rogozin said, in case of prohibition of supply questioned Russian space programs, including in the defense sector.

unspoken second type of sanctions, said D. Rogozin, may be associated with limited supplies of machine equipment
    though its own production machines in Russia is almost gone.
          Rogozin said that instead of direct purchase was necessary to engage in the localization of production in Russia, or,
    in any case, provide them with their own software.
          "Otherwise, there will be" bookmark "which will reset the information that is prepared on these machines via satellite.
    All the information will go to Western intelligence services, "- he said.        *** / Hedgehog th en le

Russia opts for political influence ignoring immense economic costs

Russia shelves economics for power play
    Western sanctions over the Crimea crisis are set to worsen Russia's economic downturn.
    But ignoring economic concerns in favor of preserving political power will soon cease to be a viable strategy for Moscow.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:21 am