Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russia's Putin on Scottish Indepedence

d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

Post  d_taddei2 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:41 pm

Viktor wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:The trouble with Scotland... is that it's full of Scots!!

Very Happy 

it wont be long intill the croats are moving here to take advantage of the welfare and benefits system now there paryt of eu

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Russia's Putin on Scottish Indepedence

Post  Viktor on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:41 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:it wont be long intill the croats are moving here to take advantage of the welfare and benefits system now there paryt of eu

Thats for sure. Situation here is alarming and no government press is telling the truth (not even close to it. It is like one big massive black information hole).

Anyway Croats have long history of emigration because of different reasons and I personally dont know a single person who would not like to go and live

some place else (not only EU).

BTRfan
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  BTRfan on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:51 am

From my outsider's perspective, Scottish nationalism is essentially very empty. They talk about independence and referendums but they are heavily addicted to welfare payments from England. Ultimately the threats to leave the United Kingdom are intended simply to extract concessions in the form of more wealth transfer payments and perhaps some local autonomy, but they don't want to leave and go it on their own.

I don't see much in the way of genuine nationalists in Scotland. But again, as I said, that is my outsider's perspective.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:58 am

I certainly hope it does, there are very few things I would rather see than the dissolution of the UK.

They have certainly worked long and hard at trying to achieve the same with Russia so I am not surprised by your wish.

If Scotland leaves then I wonder if a name change to NSGB, (Not So Great Britain), Or the Less United Kingdom (LUK).

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

milky_candy_sugar
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  milky_candy_sugar on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Seeing how the rest of the UK is currently faring (from a social point of view), I think it would be in Scotland's best interest to become independant.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Teachers-Derby-s-Muslim-school-ordered-wear/story-19822232-detail/story.html

d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

Russia's Putin on Scottish Indepence

Post  d_taddei2 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:26 am

Vladimir Putin has refused to get involved in Scottish Inpendence, but hasnt ruled out Scotland joining the Customs Union if it waqnted to.

http://www.eastlothiannews.co.uk/news/scottish-news/russia-avoids-independence-question-1-3274168

interesting

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:07 am

What outcome you predict on independence referendum?

d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

Post  d_taddei2 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:19 am

the yes vote is getting stronger. I am all for independence. alittle home work shows we would be much better off.

I even posted a topic on here about Russian equipment an independent Scotland could (and should Smile ) get.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:31 pm

Vladimir Putin has refused to get involved in Scottish Inpendence,

Evil, land grabbing, communist leader, undermines the democracy of Scotland by sitting on the fence and promising not to get involved...

The EU repeatedly tells Russia what it needs to do... the US tells Putin to let this punk rock band out of prison, or to repeal this or that law on homosexuality... getting harder and harder to tell the good guys from the bad guys... NOT.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:31 am

GarryB wrote:

Evil, land grabbing, communist leader, undermines the democracy of Scotland by sitting on the fence and promising not to get involved...

The EU repeatedly tells Russia what it needs to do... the US tells Putin to let this punk rock band out of prison, or to repeal this or that law on homosexuality... getting harder and harder to tell the good guys from the bad guys... NOT.

More like US tells Russia to allow public acts of masturbation using a frozen chicken as a dildo, or be sanctioned for crimes against humanity.

medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  medo on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:50 pm

Putin is correct, Scottish independence is a mater of Scots votes in referendum. All other depend on negotiations between Edinburgh and London.

I personally doubt, that Scots will join Custom Union, more probably they will join EU.

What do you think about British referendum to go out of EU?

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:18 pm

medo wrote:Putin is correct, Scottish independence is a mater of Scots votes in referendum. All other depend on negotiations between Edinburgh and London.

I personally doubt, that Scots will join Custom Union, more probably they will join EU.

What do you think about British referendum to go out of EU?

I would prefer a world referendum to kick Brits out from this planet.

Ice Man
    Private
    Private

Post  Ice Man on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:16 am

if you are going to Scotland; you need to be prepared, this introduction may help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFubsxHTApw

macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  macedonian on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:01 am

d_taddei2 wrote:the yes vote is getting stronger. I am all for independence

I have a hunch it'll go the other way. Hope you're right though.
    Could fill a few pages here about my drunken nights in Glasgow and Edinborough...but best keep silent  Embarassed 
    Love Scotland though. Beautiful country (well, except Glasgow perhaps Laughing ).

macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

EU Vis-a-vis Scottish

Post  macedonian on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:56 pm

BBC wrote:Scottish independence: Barroso says joining EU would be 'difficult'

BBC wrote:European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso has said it would be "extremely difficult, if not impossible" for an independent Scotland to join the European Union.

Speaking on the BBC's Andrew Marr show he said independent Scotland would have to apply for membership and get the approval of all current member states.

I'll bet that if the Scots were to as much as hint at negotiating with Russia and China about joining the SCO, all of those "complications" will soon dissappear.
    The propaganda against Scottish independence in British/EU media is on par with the Russia smearing campaign.
    Though I don't think the Scots will choose independence, I surely hope they do and tell both Westminster and Brussels to p-ss off!!!

flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  flamming_python on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:44 pm

To be fair, I think Britain is taking a pretty fair position on the question of Scottish independence.
    It's saying that it's ready to respect the will of the Scottish people, even if it means breaking up their country and loosing a whole bunch of population, territory, military assets, gas fields, etc...
    In the past it has given the Scots more autonomy - when they pressed for it.
    Britain is even ready to facilitate this progress if that's what the Scots vote for - and help Scotland to some degree (giving away at least some basic/surplus military hardware, etc...)

Now of course it's running a media campaign in favour of keeping united; that's to be expected - such are their interests and they are quite legitimate.
    The main thing is that it isn't preventing the other side (the SNP) from presenting and publiscing their arguments either - and it isn't as far as I can tell. If the SNP looses this one - it would mostly be due to their own political misjudgement, more than anything else. The referendum has been well-advertised, it was announced years in advance, etc..

Overall I think the British position towards seperatism is to be commended. Were things always so simple everywhere around the world and the situation so stable; I would advocate that every other country take the same laid-back attitude too

macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  macedonian on Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:33 pm

flamming_python wrote:To be fair, I think Britain is taking a pretty fair position on the question of Scottish independence.
    It's saying that it's ready to respect the will of the Scottish people, even if it means breaking up their country and loosing a whole bunch of population, territory, military assets, gas fields, etc...
    In the past it has given the Scots more autonomy - when they pressed for it.
    Britain is even ready to facilitate this progress if that's what the Scots vote for - and help Scotland to some degree (giving away at least some basic/surplus military hardware, etc...)
    Let's call a spade a spade, and say that it's not Britain per se, but England that you're referring to. I don't think the Welsh hold much sway in British politics.
    And 'Britain' is only fair as long as it holds the upper hand. History has proven this about the ENGLISH time and time again. As soon as they hold the losing hand, they swiftly change the rules to their oh so acclaimed 'fair play' so that they suit them better (or rather: give them the upper hand). Who on earth did you think America was/is copying in the past two centuries?!

flamming_python wrote:Now of course it's running a media campaign in favour of keeping united; that's to be expected - such are their interests and they are quite legitimate.
    The main thing is that it isn't preventing the other side (the SNP) from presenting and publiscing their arguments either - and it isn't as far as I can tell. If the SNP looses this one - it would mostly be due to their own political misjudgement, more than anything else. The referendum has been well-advertised, it was announced years in advance, etc..
    You mean what they say basically is: 'We respect your rights, but we'll be trying to undermine them as much as we can'...even if during the same time they preach 'democracy and human rights' to far away nations like Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Russia, Venezuela, Iran, etc.

flamming_python wrote:Overall I think the British position towards seperatism is to be commended. Were things always so simple everywhere around the world and the situation so stable; I would advocate that every other country take the same laid-back attitude too
    You assume too much. History has shown the 'British' (English, that is) to be as ruthless as the worst dictator in history when things don't go their way.
    Not making any predictions here, I'm merely saying: We shall see...

medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  medo on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Referendum in Scotland is near. It seems it is quite equal on both sides.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:56 pm

medo wrote:Referendum in Scotland is near. It seems it is quite equal on both sides.
    "Yes" is actually ahead by a little... Hopefully the difference only grows!

medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  medo on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:26 pm

In London are very nervous. Long and hard week is in front of them.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:50 pm

medo wrote:In London are very nervous. Long and hard week is in front of them.
    They deserve it! Twisted Evil

AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Scotland votes 'No' to split from UK in independence referendum
    Scots have voted to stay in the UK, following an intense campaign which saw both pro-independence and pro-union campaign groups scraping for last-minute support. The ‘No’ campaign rallied 55 percent of votes against 45 percent ‘Yes’ votes.

One of the leaders of Scotland's independence campaign effectively conceded defeat early on Friday morning as the counting was continuing.

"Like thousands of others across the country, I've put my heart and soul into this campaign and there is a real sense of disappointment that we've fallen narrowly short of securing a ‘yes’ vote," Nicola Sturgeon, deputy leader of the Scottish National Party, told BBC Television.
    http://rt.com/uk/188736-scotland-vote-stay-union/
    Uggh, how disappointing. No

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:51 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:
    Scotland votes 'No' to split from UK in independence referendum
    Scots have voted to stay in the UK, following an intense campaign which saw both pro-independence and pro-union campaign groups scraping for last-minute support. The ‘No’ campaign rallied 55 percent of votes against 45 percent ‘Yes’ votes.

One of the leaders of Scotland's independence campaign effectively conceded defeat early on Friday morning as the counting was continuing.

"Like thousands of others across the country, I've put my heart and soul into this campaign and there is a real sense of disappointment that we've fallen narrowly short of securing a ‘yes’ vote," Nicola Sturgeon, deputy leader of the Scottish National Party, told BBC Television.
    http://rt.com/uk/188736-scotland-vote-stay-union/
    Uggh, how disappointing. No

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:47 pm

Here are some more Werewolf;

2SPOOKY4U
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  2SPOOKY4U on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:26 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    GarryB wrote:

More like US tells Russia to allow public acts of masturbation using a frozen chicken as a dildo, or be sanctioned for crimes against humanity.
    Did they seriously do this? Did Pussy Riot actually do this? If they did I would laugh until I choked, can anyone find a good article that actually tells information on Pussy Riot and what they did and why they are jailed? All I can find is U.S. Propaganda and "Free Pussy Riot" internal media consumption.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:13 pm

Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:13 pm