Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+27
franco
Firebird
KiloGolf
JohninMK
kvs
Godric
AlfaT8
2SPOOKY4U
Hannibal Barca
higurashihougi
arpakola
Mike E
macedonian
Ice Man
Werewolf
magnumcromagnon
milky_candy_sugar
BTRfan
Deep Throat
Admin
medo
GarryB
Regular
flamming_python
gaurav
Viktor
d_taddei2
31 posters

Scottish Indepedence

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Scottish Indepedence - Page 2 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:41 pm

Viktor wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:The trouble with Scotland... is that it's full of Scots!!

Very Happy 

Scottish Indepedence - Page 2 34oqww9

it wont be long intill the croats are moving here to take advantage of the welfare and benefits system now there paryt of eu
    Viktor
    Viktor

Scottish Indepedence - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Indepedence

Post  Viktor Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:41 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:it wont be long intill the croats are moving here to take advantage of the welfare and benefits system now there paryt of eu

Thats for sure. Situation here is alarming and no government press is telling the truth (not even close to it. It is like one big massive black information hole).

Anyway Croats have long history of emigration because of different reasons and I personally dont know a single person who would not like to go and live

some place else (not only EU).
    BTRfan

Post  BTRfan Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:51 am

From my outsider's perspective, Scottish nationalism is essentially very empty. They talk about independence and referendums but they are heavily addicted to welfare payments from England. Ultimately the threats to leave the United Kingdom are intended simply to extract concessions in the form of more wealth transfer payments and perhaps some local autonomy, but they don't want to leave and go it on their own.

I don't see much in the way of genuine nationalists in Scotland. But again, as I said, that is my outsider's perspective.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:58 am

I certainly hope it does, there are very few things I would rather see than the dissolution of the UK.

They have certainly worked long and hard at trying to achieve the same with Russia so I am not surprised by your wish.

If Scotland leaves then I wonder if a name change to NSGB, (Not So Great Britain), Or the Less United Kingdom (LUK).
    milky_candy_sugar
    milky_candy_sugar

Post  milky_candy_sugar Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Seeing how the rest of the UK is currently faring (from a social point of view), I think it would be in Scotland's best interest to become independant.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Teachers-Derby-s-Muslim-school-ordered-wear/story-19822232-detail/story.html
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Scottish Indepedence - Page 2 Empty Russia's Putin on Scottish Indepence

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:26 am

Vladimir Putin has refused to get involved in Scottish Inpendence, but hasnt ruled out Scotland joining the Customs Union if it waqnted to.

http://www.eastlothiannews.co.uk/news/scottish-news/russia-avoids-independence-question-1-3274168

interesting
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:07 am

What outcome you predict on independence referendum?
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Scottish Indepedence - Page 2 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:19 am

the yes vote is getting stronger. I am all for independence. alittle home work shows we would be much better off.

I even posted a topic on here about Russian equipment an independent Scotland could (and should Smile ) get.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:31 pm

Vladimir Putin has refused to get involved in Scottish Inpendence,

Evil, land grabbing, communist leader, undermines the democracy of Scotland by sitting on the fence and promising not to get involved...

The EU repeatedly tells Russia what it needs to do... the US tells Putin to let this punk rock band out of prison, or to repeal this or that law on homosexuality... getting harder and harder to tell the good guys from the bad guys... NOT.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:31 am

GarryB wrote:
    Vladimir Putin has refused to get involved in Scottish Inpendence,

Evil, land grabbing, communist leader, undermines the democracy of Scotland by sitting on the fence and promising not to get involved...

The EU repeatedly tells Russia what it needs to do... the US tells Putin to let this punk rock band out of prison, or to repeal this or that law on homosexuality... getting harder and harder to tell the good guys from the bad guys... NOT.

More like US tells Russia to allow public acts of masturbation using a frozen chicken as a dildo, or be sanctioned for crimes against humanity.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:50 pm

Putin is correct, Scottish independence is a mater of Scots votes in referendum. All other depend on negotiations between Edinburgh and London.

I personally doubt, that Scots will join Custom Union, more probably they will join EU.

What do you think about British referendum to go out of EU?
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:18 pm

medo wrote:Putin is correct, Scottish independence is a mater of Scots votes in referendum. All other depend on negotiations between Edinburgh and London.

I personally doubt, that Scots will join Custom Union, more probably they will join EU.

What do you think about British referendum to go out of EU?

I would prefer a world referendum to kick Brits out from this planet.
    Ice Man
    Ice Man

Post  Ice Man Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:16 am

if you are going to Scotland; you need to be prepared, this introduction may help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFubsxHTApw
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:01 am

d_taddei2 wrote:the yes vote is getting stronger. I am all for independence

I have a hunch it'll go the other way. Hope you're right though.
    Could fill a few pages here about my drunken nights in Glasgow and Edinborough...but best keep silent  Embarassed 
    Love Scotland though. Beautiful country (well, except Glasgow perhaps Laughing ).
    macedonian
    macedonian

Scottish Indepedence - Page 2 Empty EU Vis-a-vis Scottish

Post  macedonian Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:56 pm

BBC wrote:Scottish independence: Barroso says joining EU would be 'difficult'

BBC wrote:European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso has said it would be "extremely difficult, if not impossible" for an independent Scotland to join the European Union.

Speaking on the BBC's Andrew Marr show he said independent Scotland would have to apply for membership and get the approval of all current member states.

I'll bet that if the Scots were to as much as hint at negotiating with Russia and China about joining the SCO, all of those "complications" will soon dissappear.
    The propaganda against Scottish independence in British/EU media is on par with the Russia smearing campaign.
    Though I don't think the Scots will choose independence, I surely hope they do and tell both Westminster and Brussels to p-ss off!!!

flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:44 pm

To be fair, I think Britain is taking a pretty fair position on the question of Scottish independence.
    It's saying that it's ready to respect the will of the Scottish people, even if it means breaking up their country and loosing a whole bunch of population, territory, military assets, gas fields, etc...
    In the past it has given the Scots more autonomy - when they pressed for it.
    Britain is even ready to facilitate this progress if that's what the Scots vote for - and help Scotland to some degree (giving away at least some basic/surplus military hardware, etc...)

Now of course it's running a media campaign in favour of keeping united; that's to be expected - such are their interests and they are quite legitimate.
    The main thing is that it isn't preventing the other side (the SNP) from presenting and publiscing their arguments either - and it isn't as far as I can tell. If the SNP looses this one - it would mostly be due to their own political misjudgement, more than anything else. The referendum has been well-advertised, it was announced years in advance, etc..

Overall I think the British position towards seperatism is to be commended. Were things always so simple everywhere around the world and the situation so stable; I would advocate that every other country take the same laid-back attitude too
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:33 pm

flamming_python wrote:To be fair, I think Britain is taking a pretty fair position on the question of Scottish independence.
    It's saying that it's ready to respect the will of the Scottish people, even if it means breaking up their country and loosing a whole bunch of population, territory, military assets, gas fields, etc...
    In the past it has given the Scots more autonomy - when they pressed for it.
    Britain is even ready to facilitate this progress if that's what the Scots vote for - and help Scotland to some degree (giving away at least some basic/surplus military hardware, etc...)
    Let's call a spade a spade, and say that it's not Britain per se, but England that you're referring to. I don't think the Welsh hold much sway in British politics.
    And 'Britain' is only fair as long as it holds the upper hand. History has proven this about the ENGLISH time and time again. As soon as they hold the losing hand, they swiftly change the rules to their oh so acclaimed 'fair play' so that they suit them better (or rather: give them the upper hand). Who on earth did you think America was/is copying in the past two centuries?!

flamming_python wrote:Now of course it's running a media campaign in favour of keeping united; that's to be expected - such are their interests and they are quite legitimate.
    The main thing is that it isn't preventing the other side (the SNP) from presenting and publiscing their arguments either - and it isn't as far as I can tell. If the SNP looses this one - it would mostly be due to their own political misjudgement, more than anything else. The referendum has been well-advertised, it was announced years in advance, etc..
    You mean what they say basically is: 'We respect your rights, but we'll be trying to undermine them as much as we can'...even if during the same time they preach 'democracy and human rights' to far away nations like Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Russia, Venezuela, Iran, etc.

flamming_python wrote:Overall I think the British position towards seperatism is to be commended. Were things always so simple everywhere around the world and the situation so stable; I would advocate that every other country take the same laid-back attitude too
    You assume too much. History has shown the 'British' (English, that is) to be as ruthless as the worst dictator in history when things don't go their way.
    Not making any predictions here, I'm merely saying: We shall see...
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Referendum in Scotland is near. It seems it is quite equal on both sides.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:56 pm

medo wrote:Referendum in Scotland is near. It seems it is quite equal on both sides.
    "Yes" is actually ahead by a little... Hopefully the difference only grows!
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:26 pm

In London are very nervous. Long and hard week is in front of them.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:50 pm

medo wrote:In London are very nervous. Long and hard week is in front of them.
    They deserve it! Twisted Evil
    arpakola
    arpakola

Scottish Indepedence - Page 2 Empty Scottish Ιndepedence Referendum 2014

Post  arpakola Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YkLPxQp_y0

Scottish Indepedence - Page 2 992px-Recent_opinion_polls_for_Scottish_Independence_Referendum.svg

Scottish Indepedence - Page 2 NIo9zCPX_y4
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:41 pm

Ohhh, it is so close! People are predicting that it will be fixed, which wouldn't surprise me based on fixings within the US.

- Nice picture there at the bottom. Laughing
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Mike E wrote: - Nice picture there at the bottom. Laughing

Off topic a bit, but in the Eastern countries, people will be probably punished if displaying "seven dirty words" in open, public area like this. Probably the Western society are more flexible and open-minded in such issues.

Sometime, the differences between cultures are quite interesting, at least for me.

Anyway, aside from Ireland, seems like nationalist movement of the Scots is the strongest amongst non-England UK.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:56 pm

Sorry but people who want to liberate themselves from slavery are not nationalists necessarily and there is no nationalist insurgence in Scotland and I say this despite being nationalist  myself.
    They are simply Scots who do the ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL for their nation.
    Those who don't vote for freedom are fucking degenerate subs.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 am