Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+70
Kimppis
Rmf
szo
Kyo
type055
kvs
tempestii
2SPOOKY4U
EKS
Mike E
navyfield
bantugbro
mutantsushi
gaurav
mig7
RTN
Morpheus Eberhardt
Indian Flanker
Zinuru
Djoka
George1
Airbornewolf
lulldapull
Hannibal Barca
Alex555
Hachimoto
Giulio
havok
eridan
etaepsilonk
magnumcromagnon
Cyberspec
ali.a.r
Werewolf
CaptainPakistan
GJ Flanker
macedonian
Arrow
zg18
BlackArrow
Vann7
flamming_python
KomissarBojanchev
a89
JPJ
Rpg type 7v
Department Of Defense
collegeboy16
quetzacol
dionis
AlfaT8
sepheronx
NickM
TheArmenian
coolieno99
nemrod
Zivo
Firebird
mack8
Mindstorm
Sujoy
Deep Throat
Stealthflanker
SOC
TR1
Flanky
medo
Viktor
Austin
GarryB
74 posters

PAK-FA, T-50: News #2

lulldapull

PAK-FA, T-50: News #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: PAK-FA, T-50: News #2

Post  lulldapull Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:24 pm

Man, after that SSBN explosion and sinking in the docks of that Recently refurbished Russian Sub in India, I think even that program is under critical review. Many died on that boat and it also sank in the harbor.

The Admiral Gorshkov legacy debacle is also well known in being extremely over budget and over schedule. In the end the IN is getting a dated vessel.

I read recently in the AFM article that the IN admiralty was not in favour of the Mig-29N acquisition either hoping to get the F-18E/F, but the costs killed that for the moment. I won't be surprised if the IN opts for the F-18E/F in the future. Same logic led to the dumping of the mig-35 OVT's.

I doubt if the future is there for India and Russia, because now as evidence points out India is opting more and more for Western goods, because it is not broke anymore like in the 60's/ 70's or 80's and can actually afford better equipment.

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:56 pm

lulldapull wrote:Man, after that SSBN explosion and sinking in the docks of that Recently refurbished Russian Sub in India, I think even that program is under critical review. Many died on that boat and it also sank in the harbor.

The Admiral Gorshkov legacy debacle is also well known in being extremely over budget and over schedule. In the end the IN is getting a dated vessel.

I read recently in the AFM article that the IN admiralty was not in favour of the Mig-29N acquisition either hoping to get the F-18E/F, but the costs killed that for the moment. I won't be surprised if the IN opts for the F-18E/F in the future. Same logic led to the dumping of the mig-35 OVT's.

I doubt if the future is there for India and Russia, because now as evidence points out India is opting more and more for Western goods, because it is not broke anymore like in the 60's/ 70's or 80's and can actually afford better equipment.

...CaptainPakistan?
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:55 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    lulldapull wrote:Man, after that SSBN explosion and sinking in the docks of that Recently refurbished Russian Sub in India, I think even that program is under critical review. Many died on that boat and it also sank in the harbor.

...CaptainPakistan?

At least he's learnt some humility since his last visit.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:52 pm

Seriously, this guy is going full retard.

Yeah, Rafale such a hit for Sukhoi, they only have their fighter (MKI) as the PREMIER current IAF plane, and the next premier plane also being one of theors (FGFA).
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:45 am

Sujoy wrote:
    lulldapull wrote:Sujoy, I believe that India now has moved on from doing partnerships with Russia, especially with the procurement of the Rafale in large quantities with Dassault in France.

INDIA had also procured Mirage 2000 in large numbers from Dassault and yet purchased MIG 27 .

Apart from PAK FA the following are the projects between Russia and India :

(1 ) SSBN's - S 2 ; S 3 ; S 4

(2) IL-214 MRTA

(3) BRAHMOS 2

(4) Indian Aircraft Carrier (IAC) 1

I am not even including the next tranche of Frigates , SU 30MKI , T 90s or the assembly lines set up in India for MI , Ka helos and Smerch Rocket Launchers .

I leave it to you to do the math on the total value of these projects .

With no other country does Russia have such extensive Defense contracts .

There is still talk or unless it is already done deal, for Su-30MKI Super Sukhoi upgrade to be done by Irkutsk.

Oh, as well, don't listen to this guy. Typical troll #100. CaptainPakistan or others like him. Reality isn't their idea, but some strange lies and pushing it (which is obvious now).
    lulldapull

Post  lulldapull Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:56 am

who is captain Pakistan? dunno 

I have been on this forum a long time. Recently been out on site work in the middle of no where, so couldn't post for a while.

Why are my comments 'trolling'.......?
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:58 am

Not trolling, but ridiculous in other ways.

And seemingly very uninformed.

Don't take it personally.
    lulldapull

Post  lulldapull Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:02 am

Hold on, first you insult than say 'don't take it personally'..............thats fukkin rich TR1?

How is my comment fukkin 'uninformed'.........?

Were you out with opiates when India rejected the mig-35OVT, hands down? despite all okb mig tried to cajole them with?

FGFA is going to be a PAK-FA clone................nothing more nothing less, and the IAF will be forced to invest in western avionics as usual, because Russia would not transfer its avionics suite to India no matter what. So another MKI in the making.

As far as other developments the same goes for more C-130H acquisitions, and more Poseidon's, and possibly more Rafale's.

No more Il-38 wet eye's, and the Tu-142MK's will be returned after the lease is up. IN is not impressed with them either.

The much touted Tu-22M lease also never materialized either, and with the explosion aboard the defective recently upgraded Kilo in the dock the mood is down.

TR1 wrote:Not trolling, but ridiculous in other ways.

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:30 am

sepheronx wrote:There is still talk or unless it is already done deal, for Su-30MKI Super Sukhoi upgrade to be done by Irkutsk.

BRAHMOS 2 ; Indian Aircraft Carrier (IAC) 1 are done deals .

IL-214 MRTA  - Expect this deal to be signed by next year coz the country goes into election 2 months from now .

All deals between Russia & India do get signed . The only problem being in Russia procurement decisions are made and executed very fast . Unfortunately in India it takes 5 yrs or more  for a deal to be signed .

Hope the new Govt. improves this time taking process.

Personally I would want India to purchase the TU 160 & later the PAK DA as well . However , given the bilateral agreement between Russia & US such platforms cannot be sold to non P 5 members .
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:16 am

lulldapull wrote:Hold on, first you insult than say 'don't take it personally'..............thats fukkin rich TR1?

How is my comment fukkin 'uninformed'.........?

Were you out with opiates when India rejected the mig-35OVT, hands down? despite all okb mig tried to cajole them with?

FGFA is going to be a PAK-FA clone................nothing more nothing less, and the IAF will be forced to invest in western avionics as usual, because Russia would not transfer its avionics suite to India no matter what. So another MKI in the making.

As far as other developments the same goes for more C-130H acquisitions, and more Poseidon's, and possibly more Rafale's.

No more Il-38 wet eye's, and the Tu-142MK's will be returned after the lease is up. IN is not impressed with them either.

The much touted Tu-22M lease also never materialized either, and with the explosion aboard the defective recently upgraded Kilo in the dock the mood is down.

TR1 wrote:Not trolling, but ridiculous in other ways.

Everyone knew India wasn't getting the MiG-29. Why are you making it out to be this huge revelation?
    You so conveniently forgot they also rejected F-16, Gripen, EF, but hey ONLY Russia's loss. lmao!

They have ALWAYS operated both Russian and Western planes. No different now. They will operate Su-30MKI and MiG-29K for decades, and FGFA for even longer.
    How the hell do you know the Kilo was defective? Stop talking out of your ass.
    Tu-142 were not leased.

You got any basis for your T-50 avionics claim? No?

This is what I mean. Your posts are all nonsense and uninformed.
    lulldapull

Post  lulldapull Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:00 am

sounds like the only one talking out of his ass is you TR1. Laughing 

The rest of us are on the ball about the rapidly cooling off of defense relations between India and Russia. Also I wouldn't be surprised at all if further cuts to the portfolio are made in the upcoming years:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/newdelhi/miffed-russia-may-stop-arms-sale-to-india/article1-1049963.aspx

Both Israel and the U.S. have made aggressive inroads in the last few years shaking the whole foundation of Russo Indian defense ties.

This will only get worse for Russia.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:09 am

Yeah, don't expect to be taken seriously. Your arguments get torn apart point by point, and the best you have is "But but teh cooling relationships!"

Your proof is that link? LOL! That article is a joke.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:13 am

You may want to educate yourself on what SSBN means before making a fool of yourself.
    lulldapull

Post  lulldapull Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:26 am

censored , India's half of defence budget in the last 5 odd years is now with western suppliers, and you still have a hardon?

Why?? Laughing 

TR1 wrote:Yeah, don't expect to be taken seriously. Your arguments get torn apart point by point, and the best you have is "But but teh cooling relationships!"

Your proof is that link? LOL! That article is a joke.

Last edited by GarryB on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad language)
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:54 am

OK we got your points, no reason to repeat them 100 more times because except of shockingly distant from reality will also sound irritating and boring.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:01 am

Sujoy, I believe that India now has moved on from doing partnerships with Russia, especially with the procurement of the Rafale in large quantities with Dassault in France.

MMRCA was always a stopgap program to fill a gap between the M2K and the FFGA. India wanted to make Mirage 2000s but the French blocked them. They wanted to buy Rafales but the price offered was ridiculous.

They held the MMRCA program in the hopes of reducing the price of the Rafale but it seems to me to have skyrocketed.

The French are burning the Indians... making them pay heavy fighter prices for a medium weight fighter and Indians seem to be grateful for this...

Last figure I saw was 18 billion dollars... which is 8 billion more than they agreed... that is eight times the cost increase of the Gorshkov carrier price which only went from 1.4 billion to 2.4 billion... where are the complaints here... Rafale is a nice plane but hardly a 5th gen fighter.

It was a body blow to both okb mig and Sukhoi!

Sukhoi wasn't even involved in the MMRCA as it was for medium fighters and the Flanker did not qualify.

Mig is already busy making Mig-29Ks for the Indian Navy, Mig-29UBT upgrades for the Indian AF and Mig-29Ks for the Russian Navy and Mig-35s for the Russian AF... I very much suspect they would likely have had problems meeting the production deadlines for the MMRCA anyway.

After this FGFA drama is over future contracts are in doubt.

The only drama has been fabricated in the Indian media largely by western sources/stooges.

The Poseidon and C-130 acquisitions also point toward India opening up more to the Western suppliers and culling its dependency on Russian arms manufacturers.

India has always been able to buy from anyone they wanted to... previously they have chosen to buy Soviet equipment for about 70% of their needs and today they have similar purchase levels with Russia.

Man, after that SSBN explosion and sinking in the docks of that Recently refurbished Russian Sub in India, I think even that program is under critical review. Many died on that boat and it also sank in the harbor.

India doesn't have any SSBNs.

8 time less the cost overruns of the Rafales in the MMRCA program... in which they are getting 4th gen fighters... yet no complaints...

I read recently in the AFM article that the IN admiralty was not in favour of the Mig-29N acquisition either hoping to get the F-18E/F, but the costs killed that for the moment.

Hahahahaha... what idiot wrote that? The cost of a super hornet is high enough to make those rafales look cheap... and you might consider some inflight refuellers to go with them because without catapults they wont fit on any of Indias current or planned aircraft carriers.

The Mig-29N was the Fulcrum Malaysia bought... the Indian Navy clearly wanted the Mig-29s they bought to operate from carriers so they sensibly bought Mig-29Ks.

I won't be surprised if the IN opts for the F-18E/F in the future. Same logic led to the dumping of the mig-35 OVT's.

Why buy land based Hornets?

BTW there is no such thing as a Mig-35 OVT. The Mig-29OVT was an experimental Mig-29 with thrust vectoring engine nozzles.

I doubt if the future is there for India and Russia, because now as evidence points out India is opting more and more for Western goods,

You might want to look again... India has always spread its purchases and I rather suspect that the contracts that didn't go to Russia would have traditionally gone to France or Europe.

Their purchases of American kit so far have been amusing... the C-130 is outdated and not the best aircraft for that role... they would have been much better off if they had waited and bought Ukrainian An-70s for instance... a much better aircraft.

because it is not broke anymore like in the 60's/ 70's or 80's and can actually afford better equipment.

India has never been broke and has always had money to spend... they haven't spent it on western kit because Soviet or Russian kit suited their needs better. That isn't going to change over night.

No such thing as Mig-35OVT.

Second the India Air Force pretty much stated they didn't want another Russian aircraft to win the MMRCA competition... as I have said they bought Mirage 2000s and Jaguars along with Mig-21s and Mig-27s so they didn't have an all Soviet air force and they wanted to make Mirage 2000s or buy Rafales to use with their Su-30s and FFGAs. If they bought Mig-35s they would have had an all Russian air fleet... which they didn't want.

Personally I think they should have gone with a mixed fleet of 60 Rafales and probably 150 Mig-29Ms and joint developed an AESA radar to fit to the Migs that would otherwise have been cheap and quick to produce and get into service.

And BTW they didn't just reject the Mig-35... they also rejected what should have been the most eligible batchelor in the room... the F-35... which should have been the best dressed... but India wasn't even interested...

But surely western avionics would be much much better anyway right?

and with the explosion aboard the defective recently upgraded Kilo in the dock the mood is down.

Kilos are in very widespread service and have been in service for several decades... I have serious doubts the fault was with the sub.

India's half of defence budget in the last 5 odd years is now with western suppliers, and you still have a hardon?

Why??

Obviously western equipment is expensive.

You have been away for a bit, but if you think you can come back and be offensive to other members you might find yourself getting another break if you understand my drift.

Of course when 10 billion dollar programs turn into 18 billion dollar programs then of course India is going to be spending more on western equipment... the real question however is... is that money well spent, or is it just evidence of corruption and kickbacks and the Indian soldiers having to deal with the problems it creates.

BTW that article link you posted shows it is Russia that is reconsidering its trade with India because of a lack of transparency in the programs and contracts
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:07 am

Also it apparently needs to be pointed out that - NEWS FLASH - there is no "Western Company" that exists as one being. MiG lost the MMRCA, but so did a whole number of Western companies, who all compete with each other.

Making every Western sale in India seem like a hit to Russia is hilarious.
    Russia is still the biggest single supplier to India, by far. The FGFA is a bigger commitment than the IAF has made with ANYTHING of Western origin.

And of course, Russia's export sales have been steadily growing for the past 10+ years. Seems like everything is going ok for everyone.

SOC
    SOC

Post  SOC Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:54 pm

GarryB wrote:India doesn't have any SSBNs.

They've got one, under testing.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:50 am

They've got one, under testing.

None in service, and none that could explode during "battery charging" procedures... clown 
    lulldapull

Post  lulldapull Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:04 pm

Garry it was rumoured to be that decrepit SSBN, which these Indians and their incompetent Russian friends have been 'trying' to induct for the last 2500 years!............it's still however not properly inducted. The reactor went critical a few months ago.

Luckily, it turned out to be a dirty old kilo. Sounds like the Indians replaced the accumulators with locally made substandard ones, which burped far larger quantities of hydrogen. One of the night duty watchman must've been smoking.

Kaboom!.......Thats the incompetent version.

More than likely however the explosion was in the forward weapons compartment. It set off a missile, which plopped out and went off damaging another warship parked next to it.

Now these Indians wouldn't let the Russian investigators near the sunken boat.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:14 pm

Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:58 pm

lulldapull wrote:Garry it was rumoured to be that decrepit SSBN, which these Indians and their incompetent Russian friends have been 'trying' to induct for the last 2500 years!............it's still however not properly inducted. The reactor went critical a few months ago.

Luckily, it turned out to be a dirty old kilo. Sounds like the Indians replaced the accumulators with locally made substandard ones, which burped far larger quantities of hydrogen. One of the night duty watchman must've been smoking.

More than likely however the explosion was in the forward weapons compartment. It set off a missile, which plopped out and went off damaging another warship parked next to it.

Russians incompetent at subs?

Lmao, such a troll.

Try harder.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:08 am

Garry it was rumoured to be that decrepit SSBN,

Perhaps you should not give so much credit to rumours, there is at least one thread on this forum discussing the issue where you will find immediately that it was a Kilo in question.

Your comments about it just being a dirty old Kilo make me rather less inclined to take the time to discuss things with you... continue or refrain... up to you.

With the right mix of hydrogen and oxygen any spark will do... there is no need to blame night watchmen smoking.

Would hardly be the first time someone had problems after fitting cheap substandard parts to save a little money (which is often diverted into certain bank accounts). By definition cheap parts can't be made to standard and will almost certainly cause problems.

Well for someone who seems to like unsubstantiated rumour... how about this... the Indians were tinkering with an anti ship missile in the middle of the night and its propellent exploded and that is why they don't want Russian investigators near the boat... they were trying to load a modified version... perhaps with longer range and a mistake was made...
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Russian AF started testing PAK-FA  thumbsup 

The first fifth-generation fighter T-50 entered the trial to the troops
    GJ Flanker
    GJ Flanker

Post  GJ Flanker Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:26 pm

That's good news.

Let's estimate how many flight hours of all T-50's we have already.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:38 am