Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+70
Kimppis
Rmf
szo
Kyo
type055
kvs
tempestii
2SPOOKY4U
EKS
Mike E
navyfield
bantugbro
mutantsushi
gaurav
mig7
RTN
Morpheus Eberhardt
Indian Flanker
Zinuru
Djoka
George1
Airbornewolf
lulldapull
Hannibal Barca
Alex555
Hachimoto
Giulio
havok
eridan
etaepsilonk
magnumcromagnon
Cyberspec
ali.a.r
Werewolf
CaptainPakistan
GJ Flanker
macedonian
Arrow
zg18
BlackArrow
Vann7
flamming_python
KomissarBojanchev
a89
JPJ
Rpg type 7v
Department Of Defense
collegeboy16
quetzacol
dionis
AlfaT8
sepheronx
NickM
TheArmenian
coolieno99
nemrod
Zivo
Firebird
mack8
Mindstorm
Sujoy
Deep Throat
Stealthflanker
SOC
TR1
Flanky
medo
Viktor
Austin
GarryB
74 posters

PAK-FA, T-50: News #2

TR1
    TR1

PAK-FA, T-50: News #2 - Page 11 Empty Re: PAK-FA, T-50: News #2

Post  TR1 Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:35 pm

No we are not. That agreement is nothing specific in nature, come back and tell me when they ACTUALLY grow some ties.

As for the Indian comments, wopadedo.
    The ACTUAL RUSSIAN GENERAL Makarov has said worse things about Russian equipment lol, I guess his mindset is Asiatic eh.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:58 pm

Interesting advice Nick... Russia should look Europe...which all through the 1990s rejected most offers of cooperation, or used it to steal Russian technology like the Yak-130 design, while Europe itself is looking to where all the money is... in Asia...

That agreement with the UK is unlikely to amount to very much at all... as much as I would love to see British snipers equipped with VS-121 rifles and British soldiers trading their SA-80s for ADS rifles in 5.56mm calibre I really don't think much will happen.

The Brits might buy a few thousand Metis-M1s as a LAW-80 replacement weapon but I would not be holding my breath.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:07 am

NickM wrote:

A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: “Work is ongoing on a Military Technical Cooperation Agreement (MTCA) between the UK MOD and Russian Federal Service for Military Technical Cooperation which will provide a framework for Russian and UK defence companies to cooperate at an unclassified level.”
    [/quote]

As long as NATO exist ,there will be no real military cooperation with Russia. That UK deal is for light arms and technology for counter terrorism ,and the sharing of classified intelligence about terrorist.But don't expect anytime soon to see S-300s or S-400s in europe with Pak_Fa's . The only Big powers that i see Russia on having a chance for an alliance is Shangai Cooperation Organization. Which some former Soviet Republics are members but also China and India told is interested to Join too.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:17 am

Not sure what's wrong with these guys . One day they criticize , the other day they rub eloquence

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/9edbae7da1ee

David Axe wrote:Russia’s Stealth Fighter Could Outfly, Outshoot American Jets

Since its public debut four years ago, Russia’s first stealth fighter has quietly undergone diligent testing, slowly expanding its flight envelope and steadily working out technical kinks. But for all this hard work there have been precious few indications just how many copies of the Sukhoi T-50 Moscow plans to build … and how it means to use them.

Until now.

Fresh reporting from Aviation Week’s Bill Sweetman, one of the world’s top aerospace writers, offers tantalizing hints regarding Moscow’s intentions for the big, twin-engine T-50, an answer to America’s F-22 stealth fighter.

If Sweetman is correct—and he usually is—the angular warplane with the 50-foot wingspan could be bought in small numbers and used as a sort of airborne sniper, elusively flying high and fast to take down enemy radars and support planes using powerful, long-range missiles.

The T-50's design and apparent weapons options seem to lend themselves to this niche role, which could exploit critical vulnerabilities in U.S. and allied forces and level the air power playing field for the first time in a generation.

Especially considering the Chinese are apparently taking the same approach with their own new stealth fighter.

Missile clues
    At the MAKS air show near Moscow this week, some of the five T-50 test models possessed by Sukhoi made appearances—and manufacturers also showed off missiles that could be fitted into the T-50's voluminous weapons bays or under its wings and fuselage.

But Sweetman, wandering the show, detected restraint on the part of the stealth fighter’s boosters. He declared the T-50 exhibits “tamer than some people hoped.”

“I suspect that the fighter won’t be in service for some years, except possibly in the form of a small test squadron,” Sweetman noted. Indeed, Moscow recently pushed back the T-50's first frontline use from 2015 to 2016.

But when it does enter service, even in limited numbers the T-50 could have a big impact on rival forces. Scanning the missiles on display at MAKS, Sweetman concluded that the T-50 could be armed with two powerful main weapons: a version of the Kh-58UShE anti-radar missile and the new RVV-BD air-to-air missile.

Both nearly 15 feet long, the Kh-58UShE and RVV-BD can hit targets 120 miles away or farther. The Kh-58UShE homes in on enemy radars; the RVV-BD is for destroying other warplanes.

The smaller AGM-88 anti-radar missile and AIM-120 air-to-air missile are the American analogues of the new Russian weapons. Both several feet shorter and hundreds of pounds lighter than their Russian counterparts, the U.S. munitions reflect a specifically American air-warfare philosophy. American stealth jets including the B-2 bomber, the F-22 and the still-in-development F-35 carry relatively small, lightweight weapons with short ranges.

The B-2's main munition is a 2,000-pound, satellite-guided gravity bomb. For attacking ground targets the F-22 and F-35 rely on a 500-pound, winged guided bomb that can glide up to 60 miles under optimal conditions.

And the F-22 and F-35's AIM-120 air-to-air missile, 12 feet from tip to tail, has a range of probably only 50 miles or so, although the precise distance is classified. Remarkably, no American stealth jets can carry anti-radar missiles like the T-50 probably can.

Air war philosophies
    The differences in weapons-loadouts point to opposing U.S. and Russian concepts for using stealth planes. With the exception of the F-22, American radar-evading jets are not particularly fast and must constantly sneak around in order to use their lighter, shorter-range weapons—therefore they need all-around stealth that makes them hard to detect from any angle.

The B-2 can fly thousands of miles but the F-22 and F-35 have modest fuel loads, forcing them to frequently refuel from aerial tankers.

The T-50, on the other hand, is apparently being designed to blast through defenses in a fairly straight line, relying on front-only stealth features, high altitude, sustained speed and long range to swiftly fire long-reaching missiles at vulnerable targets deep behind enemy lines—without the help of aerial tankers, of which Russia possesses few.

Which is not to say the T-50 isn’t also highly maneuverable when it needs to be.

The Russian fighter’s preferred targets might include spy planes, Airborne Warning and Control System/Airborne Early Warning and Command (AWACS/AEW&C) aircraft, tankers and ground-based radars—in other words, all those vital systems that comprise the pricey, high-tech back-end in any U.S.-led air campaign.

Snipe the support systems and their crews and you hobble the enemy’s aerial war effort.

Moscow is not alone if indeed that is its approach to defeating its rivals in technological battle. China, too, has a new stealth fighter, the J-20. It’s big, heavy and potentially fast like the T-50, likewise concentrates its stealth features up front and also has apparent new weapons.

According to the Air Power Australia think tank, the J-20 could be “employed offensively, to punch holes through opposing air defenses by engaging and destroying defending fighter combat air patrols, AWACS/AEW&C aircraft and supporting aerial refueling tankers.”

It’s a sound strategy. A 2008 war game conducted by the U.S. Air Force-sponsored think tank RAND pitted F-22s against older Chinese Su-27-style fighters in a hypothetical air battle over Taiwan. After Chinese bombardment of American airfields, just six F-22s were available to fight 72 Chinese jets.

Backed by support planes, the defending F-22s got in close and shot down 48 Su-27s, but the remaining Chinese planes managed to power through and destroy six tankers, two AWACS, four P-3 patrol planes and two Global Hawk spy drones, effectively crippling the U.S. force. With no tankers to refuel them, the F-22s crashed for lack of gas despite surviving the missile exchanges.

If older Su-27s firing older weapons could do that, newer and better T-50s and J-20s with longer-range missiles might inflict even more devastating losses with fewer casualties of their own.

With these methods, it wouldn’t take many of the new Russian or Chinese jets to make a huge difference in any future air war. So Sweetman’s prediction that the T-50 won’t be built in large numbers any time soon is cold comfort. With its powerful performance and weapons, Russia’s new warplane could tip the balance of power in the air.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:24 am

One day they criticize , the other day they rub eloquence

Can probably be translated to... the PAK FA is rubbish = don't cut funding for Typhoon it is still competitive.

And now PAK FA is a threat = we need fresh funding for new upgrades and solutions to this new threat we never saw coming...

they were the same during the cold war... the Mig-29 and Su-27s were just Soviet copies of the F-16 and F-15 respectively, but then Germany ended up with Mig-29s so they were rubbish, but there was still the boogeyman of the Flanker to require funding for Typhoon and Rafale and Gripen etc.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:38 am

Its going to get nasty in a year or two when western media figures it out about the scope of rearmament in Russia  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

It will be mix of lunatic, paranoid, paranormal, schizophrenic reporting about the red menace, evil empire, red tide, red this/that, rise of the bla bla bla

According to military expert interfax military quoted this spam was deliberately inducted from Rafale itself.
    SOC
    SOC

Post  SOC Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:27 am

Viktor wrote:It will be mix of lunatic, paranoid, paranormal,  schizophrenic reporting about the red menace, evil empire, red tide, red this/that, rise of the bla bla bla

When I wrote about RVSN re-armament for Jane's last year I made certain that I specifically mentioned that all of the new missile programs are basically a continuation of the standard Soviet policy of revamping the missile force every once in a while and not some effort to create enough nukes to take out Mars. The rampant paranoia with regard to any Russian or Chinese military development is mind-boggling...until you realize that it's what the DoD and MIC use to keep producing and procuring newer weapon systems Rolling Eyes 
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:30 am

Viktor wrote:Its going to get nasty in a year or two when western media figures it out about the scope of rearmament in Russia  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

It will be mix of lunatic, paranoid, paranormal,  schizophrenic reporting about the red menace, evil empire, red tide, red this/that, rise of the bla bla bla

Haha, ain't that the truth!
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:46 am

I don't even like the term re-armament.

When the hell did Russia "disarm" ?
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:03 pm

GarryB wrote:Can probably be translated to... the PAK FA is rubbish =  don't cut funding for Typhoon it is still competitive.

And now PAK FA is a threat = we need fresh funding for new upgrades and solutions to this new threat we never saw coming...

Yes, that could be a possible scenario . The link below just released by the US Director, Operational Test and Evaluation states that the F 35 cracked during tests & is not reliable

http://www.dote.osd.mil/pub/reports/FY2013/pdf/other/2013DOTEAnnualReport.pdf
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:18 pm

NickM wrote:These problems were bound to happen . It's a direct result of a cultural mismatch . Indians think differently than us Europeans so their interpretation of subjects is radically different from our's* .
    Us Europeans?! I think nothing like you.
    Actually, I only read your posts here for fun. It's not good to laugh at the intellectually challenged, I know, but I can't help myself... Laughing 

On a serious note, please have a read:

Brookings.edu wrote:"New" Immigrant Entrepreneurs

Unlike traditional ethnic entrepreneurs who remain isolated in marginal, low-wage industries, Silicon Valley's new foreign-born entrepreneurs are highly educated professionals in dynamic and technologically sophisticated industries. And they have been extremely successful. By the end of the 1990s, Chinese and Indian engineers were running 29 percent of Silicon Valley's technology businesses. By 2000, these companies collectively accounted for more than $19.5 billion in sales and 72,839 jobs. And the pace of immigrant entrepreneurship has accelerated dramatically in the past decade.
    brookings.edu

TechAmerica wrote:Foreign nationals of any single country can receive no more than seven percent of available green cards in a specific year. In effect this discriminates against individuals from populous nations that possess huge talent pools, like China and India.
    TechAmerica

Rapide immigration wrote:Of particular note is the doubling of the Asian Indian population in the United States within the last ten years. The demand for hi-tech visa workers, (especially software programmers) and the increase in immigrants sponsoring their families are amongst the major reasons for the increase.
    RapidImmigration.com

NickM wrote:The new generation of Russians are un willing to accept Communist propaganda that Russia needs to develop closer ties with Asian countries . As a result of which most young Russians are more eager to do business with Europe and US than with Asia or Africa with whom they have no cultural similarity .
    You must not read the news regularly...or just stick to the Daily Mail for info. That is not too smart.

NickM wrote:We are already witnessing close military ties between the UK and Russia . I had predicted this long ago

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/10598250/Comrades-in-arms-Britain-and-Russia-to-sign-defence-deal.html
    Just when I think your comments can't be more stupid and devoid of reality, you go on surprising...

zg18

Post  zg18 Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:12 pm

PAK-FA, T-50: News #2 - Page 11 BfZnLs8IcAEEhrU

PAK-FA maneuver , Zhukovsky yesterday , from 8,500 to 12,000 meters
    NickM
    NickM

Post  NickM Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:13 pm

macedonian wrote:
    Us Europeans?! I think nothing like you.

Most Europeans share my views . You are part of a minority group who have a different view.

macedonian wrote:Of particular note is the doubling of the Asian Indian population in the United States within the last ten years. The demand for hi-tech visa workers, (especially software programmers) and the increase in immigrants sponsoring their families are amongst the major reasons for the increase.

Again most Americans absolutely hate these Indians . I know this for a fact . Don't take my words for it . You can very easily run this fact past any American
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:34 pm

zg18 wrote:PAK-FA, T-50: News #2 - Page 11 BfZnLs8IcAEEhrU

That's bound to raise a few eyebrows here and there... Very Happy
    I imagine it'll be downplayed by the F-22/F-35 (USA Strong!11) crowd...it'll most probably be: we do maneuvers better than that...but even if we don't (which we most certainly DO!!!!) - Putin is an autocrat, while our freedoms are guaranteed (well, just not lately perhaps, but, you know...)

Mah, a chi se ne frega...I'm waiting for the words: la commedia e finita to pop open the cork...and the Champagne is already chilled (if you catch my drift).

NickM wrote:

Most Europeans share my views . You are part of a minority group who have a different view.
    Oh most of them do, do they?!
    Well, than I guess - you wouldn't mind referencing that?
    Mind you, the "all my mates feel like that" argument doesn't cut it. No, I'm afraid you'll need to share something that I can cross-check.

NickM wrote:Again most Americans absolutely hate these Indians . I know this for a fact . Don't take my words for it . You can very easily run this fact past any American
    I've lived in the States, and you (obviously) live there now. While I feel that this is NOT true, it might be, since an amount of time has past since. Please feel free to point to a study, opinion poll, or whatever...again - something I can take seriously. If not - than please stop embarrassing yourself.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:08 pm

NickM wrote:
    TR1 wrote:https://medium.com/war-is-boring/d89b9ce721de

Bahaha, oh wow.

These problems were bound to happen . It's a direct result of a cultural mismatch . Indians think differently than us Europeans so their interpretation of subjects is radically different from our's .

Russia should have chosen a European partner or maybe even Brazil for the PAK FA . I feel there is still time for Russia to dump India and sign a deal with Brazil or a European nation .

The new generation of Russians are un willing to accept Communist propaganda that Russia needs to develop closer ties with Asian countries . As a result of which most young Russians are more eager to do business with Europe and US than with Asia or Africa with whom they have no cultural similarity .

We are already witnessing close military ties between the UK and Russia . I had predicted this long ago

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/10598250/Comrades-in-arms-Britain-and-Russia-to-sign-defence-deal.html

Britain could buy weapons from its former Cold War foe for the first time under a landmark defence treaty, the Telegraph can reveal.

Defence chiefs are preparing to sign a deal that would see British defence companies working jointly on projects with the Russian arms industry.

The treaty allows arms companies to buy kit from Russia – and Russian diplomatic sources said they hope one day to see British soldiers carrying the Red Army’s famous Kalashnikov rifle as a result.

Ministry of Defence sources confirmed the deal creates the legal framework for the British Army to buy Russian equipment, but stressed their main focus is on allowing firms to share information and buy components from one another.
    The MoD and the Russian Federal Service for Military Technical Co-operation are now studying the draft text. It could be signed in the spring, Moscow sources said, earlier than previously thought after making quick progress.

The deal covers ‘unclassified’ technology, so it is unlikely to allow co-operation on advanced battlefield equipment such as missile systems.

Nevertheless treaty is regarded by defence chiefs and diplomats as a major step forward in the relationship between Britain and Russia, which went into deep freeze following the polonium murder of Alexander Litvinenko in London and the granting of asylum in Britain to some of Mr Putin’s rivals.

The British and Russian security services have worked together to defend the Sochi Olympics, and last year British veterans of the Arctic Convoys, which ferried supplies to the USSR in World War II, were awarded medals recognising their bravery after decades of prevarication by ministers.

President Putin wants to dramatically boost Russia’s arms exports to compete with the European defence industry. He has also announced a radical expansion in military spending in order to overhaul an army and navy that are reliant on hopelessly outdated weapons from the Soviet era. The deal means that British factories are in line to benefit from those orders.
    The Russian authorities are keen for a closer business relationship with Britain. Only 600 British firms currently trade in Russia, compared to 7000 German.

The release of British Greenpeace activists who were jailed after protesting on a Russian oilrig, following lobbying from MPs and extensive back-channel negotiations, was seen privately as a minor diplomatic breakthrough.

The US has in recent years spent hundreds of millions of dollars on buying Russian Mi-17 helicopters to give to the Afghan armed forces, although Congress has protested at Russia's role in supplying arms to the Syria conflict.

In 2010 Russia bought two helicopter carrying warships from France, in a deal that caused surprise in a country that had strong shipbuilding industry during the Soviet period.

A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: “Work is ongoing on a Military Technical Cooperation Agreement (MTCA) between the UK MOD and Russian Federal Service for Military Technical Cooperation which will provide a framework for Russian and UK defence companies to cooperate at an unclassified level.”

You don't make business with whom you like but with whom he wants and he can make a bilaterally profitable partnership with you. No matter who he is.
    I guess, and hope, that Russians learn this the hard way during communistic madness.
    Having said this, speaking about Russia-UK, it is difficult to have an honest relationship with a woman who is married with someone else, if you get the analogy.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:33 am

Having said this, speaking about Russia-UK, it is difficult to have an honest relationship with a woman who is married with someone else, if you get the analogy.

To continue the analogy... but she would be fun to "date" because she clearly has no self esteem and seems to like it... well I will leave it to your imagination.

Trade isn't marriage.. the two partners don't need compatibility or even to fully understand the other person... you just need to agree on price and delivery time... if it doesn't suit... and you can't agree on terms that do suit... walk away.
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Pak-Fa looks like a SAM missile chasing something. Tho its not as stealthy with all that smoke trailes.
    Giulio
    Giulio

Post  Giulio Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:00 pm

collegeboy16 wrote:Pak-Fa looks like a SAM missile chasing something. Tho its not as stealthy with all that smoke trailes.

I think smoke generators, or condensation trails due to the altitude, otherwise who sees it from the ground???
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:04 pm

macedonian wrote:
    zg18 wrote:PAK-FA, T-50: News #2 - Page 11 BfZnLs8IcAEEhrU

That's bound to raise a few eyebrows here and there... Very Happy
    I imagine it'll be downplayed by the F-22/F-35 (USA Strong!11) crowd...it'll most probably be: we do maneuvers better than that...but even if we don't (which we most certainly DO!!!!) - Putin is an autocrat, while our freedoms are guaranteed (well, just not lately perhaps, but, you know...)

Depending on the troll, it'll be more like: we do maneuvers better than that...but even if we don't (which we most certainly DO!!!!) - modern air combat is not about maneuvers, climb rate doesn't matter any more, with modern tank FCS it's irrelevant what maneuvers the fighters do they'll still be shot down, etc.. etc.. etc..
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:46 pm

flamming_python wrote:Depending on the troll, it'll be more like: we do maneuvers better than that...but even if we don't (which we most certainly DO!!!!) - modern air combat is not about maneuvers, climb rate doesn't matter any more, with modern tank FCS it's irrelevant what maneuvers the fighters do they'll still be shot down, etc.. etc.. etc..

Yes, that sounds much more like it. Thanks FP
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:35 am

Not to mention:

And those engines look really smokey still too..

Note they likely used smoke generators on the wings so that the manouvers could be monitored by ground stations and other aerial platforms.
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:14 pm

What smoke?! That's just contrail!
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:28 pm

mack8 wrote:What smoke?! That's just contrail!

x2.

You guys know the streaks airliners leave in the sky ain't smoke either right Wink
    BlackArrow
    BlackArrow

Post  BlackArrow Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:57 pm

So what exactly is it doing in that photo, climbing? I thought all aircraft could do that?
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:58 pm

BlackArrow wrote:So what exactly is it doing in that photo, climbing? I thought all aircraft could do that?

Zoom climb.

Given the specific time, altitude, aircraft weight load, it can be an impressive indicator. Of course the photo does't give us any of that.

Did I really need to explain that though, or are you just being a smartass Wink ?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:21 pm