Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russia - USA Relations

    Share

    andrewlya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 93
    Join date : 2015-08-18

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  andrewlya on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 15:24

    I have heard a theory that the US will want to exploit Russia's natural resources if they put pro US puppet, but would it make Russians poorer?

    I am looking at an example of Saudi. The US and Saudi goverment have signed an agreement that Saudi lets the US to take control of theirt oil fields in exchange that they leave their religion alone. The US having the control of the Saudi oil have not made the country poorer, the Arabs are one of the wealthiest people i nthe world. Also, if we take Norway. They have also got pro US goverment and they have also got oil, but people are rich, the country is propesperous. So why would it not be the same for Russia and Russians?

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  max steel on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 18:02

    Coz RUSSIA aint anyone's Bitch. You fear amerikans really ?

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  Werewolf on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 19:53

    andrewlya wrote:I have heard a theory that the US will want to exploit Russia's natural resources if they put pro US puppet, but would it make Russians poorer?

    I am looking at an example of Saudi. The US and Saudi goverment have signed an agreement that Saudi lets the US to take control of theirt oil fields in exchange that they leave their religion alone. The US having the control of the Saudi oil have not made the country poorer, the Arabs are one of the wealthiest people i nthe world. Also, if we take Norway. They have also got pro US goverment and they have also got oil, but people are rich, the country is propesperous. So why would it not be the same for Russia and Russians?

    Wrong, Saudi is poorer, because they do not own their own oil, US private oil companies own it.

    The US has given to a minority of wahabits enermous wealth which protect their made up royality, while US provides them with all necessary stuff to keep this regime under US controll, the minority who calls themselfs now royal has no will to give up all that wealth and power just to be executed in their entire form as soon they would be overthrown. Saudi Arabia is a poor country where the money is not contributed or used for wealth of the country, but to assure the status quo. While Lybia and Iran are paying their citizens from the sold oil with a humble payment of roughly 20 USD per month, well not anymore the case in Lybia thx to US. No other country ever did that not even Russia which holds the most resources on this planet.

    andrewlya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 93
    Join date : 2015-08-18

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  andrewlya on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 20:09

    max steel wrote:Coz RUSSIA aint anyone's Bitch. You fear amerikans really ?
    No, I don't.
    I am much more pro Russian than I am pro American. What I am asking is that if countries like Canada that is much bigger than the US, that has a lot of natural resources such oil etc and they have a pro US government and still manage to have one of the highest living standards and quality of life in the world,same with Scandinavians.

    So what makes Russians so worried if pro US/EU government ever get into power there?
    Russia has an immense natural potential which they need to capitalise on, if manage in the right way Russians should be one of the richest nation in the world.

    andrewlya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 93
    Join date : 2015-08-18

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  andrewlya on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 20:14

    Werewolf wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:I have heard a theory that the US will want to exploit Russia's natural resources if they put pro US puppet, but would it make Russians poorer?

    I am looking at an example of Saudi. The US and Saudi goverment have signed an agreement that Saudi lets the US to take control of theirt oil fields in exchange that they leave their religion alone. The US having the control of the Saudi oil have not made the country poorer, the Arabs are one of the wealthiest people i nthe world. Also, if we take Norway. They have also got pro US goverment and they have also got oil, but people are rich, the country is propesperous. So why would it not be the same for Russia and Russians?

    Wrong, Saudi is poorer, because they do not own their own oil, US private oil companies own it.

    The US has given to a minority of wahabits enermous wealth which protect their made up royality, while US provides them with all necessary stuff to keep this regime under US controll, the minority who calls themselfs now royal has no will to give up all that wealth and power just to be executed in their entire form as soon they would be overthrown. Saudi Arabia is a poor country where the money is not contributed or used for wealth of the country, but to assure the status quo. While Lybia and Iran are paying their citizens from the sold oil with a humble payment of roughly 20 USD per month, well not anymore the case in Lybia thx to US. No other country ever did that not even Russia which holds the most resources on this planet.
    If you look at statistics top ten richest nations are all US puppets,regardless of the fact that the US oil companies own their natural resources the people of those countries are most well off in the world.

    1. Luxembourg
    2. Qatar
    3. Norway
    4. Kuwait
    5. United Arab Emirates
    6. Singapore
    7. United States
    8. Ireland
    9. Equatorial Guinea
    10. Switzerland

    So,if Russia did have a pro US government maybe it would be a benefit to ordinary folk there.

    Walther von Oldenburg
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 894
    Points : 951
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 25
    Location : Oldenburg

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 20:15

    King Abdullah's University of Science and Technology is the 3rd (THIRD) richest university in the world - it's has nearly 2x more money than MIT and almost 3x more than Cambridge. It's BS that Saudis aren't investing their money - they are but diversifying the economy may take several decades.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  Werewolf on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 20:30

    andrewlya wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:I have heard a theory that the US will want to exploit Russia's natural resources if they put pro US puppet, but would it make Russians poorer?

    I am looking at an example of Saudi. The US and Saudi goverment have signed an agreement that Saudi lets the US to take control of theirt oil fields in exchange that they leave their religion alone. The US having the control of the Saudi oil have not made the country poorer, the Arabs are one of the wealthiest people i nthe world. Also, if we take Norway. They have also got pro US goverment and they have also got oil, but people are rich, the country is propesperous. So why would it not be the same for Russia and Russians?

    Wrong, Saudi is poorer, because they do not own their own oil, US private oil companies own it.

    The US has given to a minority of wahabits enermous wealth which protect their made up royality, while US provides them with all necessary stuff to keep this regime under US controll, the minority who calls themselfs now royal has no will to give up all that wealth and power just to be executed in their entire form as soon they would be overthrown. Saudi Arabia is a poor country where the money is not contributed or used for wealth of the country, but to assure the status quo. While Lybia and Iran are paying their citizens from the sold oil with a humble payment of roughly 20 USD per month, well not anymore the case in Lybia thx to US. No other country ever did that not even Russia which holds the most resources on this planet.
    If you look at statistics top ten richest nations are all US puppets,regardless of the fact that the US oil companies own their natural resources the people of those countries are most well off in the world.

    1. Luxembourg
    2. Qatar
    3. Norway
    4. Kuwait
    5. United Arab Emirates
    6. Singapore
    7. United States
    8. Ireland
    9. Equatorial Guinea
    10. Switzerland

    So,if Russia did have a pro US government maybe it would be a benefit to ordinary folk there.

    Statistics...never trust statistics.

    Statistics are mostly pushed by agendas not reflection of reality.

    Living standards in Lybia were far higher than any other country of arabic of those listed above and LIVING STANDARDS include human rights which are non existent in Qatar, Kuwait and UAE for lot of people.

    Walther von Oldenburg
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 894
    Points : 951
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 25
    Location : Oldenburg

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 20:38

    So what exactly did Libya have that other oil countries don't? In UAE native Arabs are only ca. 25% of the population and most don't even have to work because the entire country is ran by migrant labor from Asia (Indians, Pakis, Bengalis, Filipinos) and specialists from EU/USA.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3668
    Points : 3780
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 21:05

    andrewlya wrote:
    max steel wrote:Coz RUSSIA aint anyone's Bitch. You fear amerikans really ?
    No, I don't.
    I am much more pro Russian than I am pro American. What I am asking is that if countries like Canada that is much bigger than the US, that has a lot of natural resources such oil etc and they have a pro US government and still manage to have one of the highest living standards and quality of life in the world,same with Scandinavians.

    So what makes Russians so worried if pro US/EU government ever get into power there?
    Russia has an immense natural potential which they need to capitalise on, if manage in the right way Russians should be one of the richest nation in the world.  

    Canada is not seen as a potential geopolitical rival. It's just a tundra next door, a buffer zone from US standpoint.

    Russians had  pro US/EU government already. The trauma of that experience will continue to shape their worldview for decades, maybe even centuries to come.

    Russia has an immense natural potential which they are finally capitalising on,  and thanks to doing opposite of what US/EU want, are managing it better and better every day and if they keep up at this pace  Russia should be one of the richest nation in the world soon.

    It is always more profitable to be ruler than a servant.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  Werewolf on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 22:22

    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:So what exactly did Libya have that other oil countries don't? In UAE native Arabs are only ca. 25% of the population and most don't even have to work because the entire country is ran by migrant labor from Asia (Indians, Pakis, Bengalis, Filipinos) and specialists from EU/USA.

    Lybia was a stable prosperous country that had interesting development in the social sector with subsidue for citizens from the revenue of the countries oil trade, they also had free housing since it is a human right there, health and education system. The majority of Lybias power grid was very modern and and electricity was free for all citizens. The government subsidized 50% of the car if you buy a new one. Lybians which graduated but did not find employment in their field were paid by the government of their graduated field untill they found one. Like i said before Lybian citizens were paid on their banking accounts a small amount of money from the trade of lybian oil with other countries. Lybia under Gaddafi had the irrigation of the country to deliver water to distant cities and villages to provide water through the country, the biggest in the world.


    UAE arabs most do not have work because they use gastarbeiter? So they are all unemployed or have to work abroad or does the government pay them for being unemployed?

    Walther von Oldenburg
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 894
    Points : 951
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 25
    Location : Oldenburg

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 22:31

    I checked some statistics and it turns out that:
    1. Emiratis now constitute only 15% of the population. The rest are migrants from India, Banghadesh, Pakistan, Philipines etc. + specialists from western countries
    2. 50% does not work. Among those who do, 90% work in public sector and only 10% work in private sector - the rest of the jobs in private sector are filled by foreigners (i.e. the remaining 85% of the population).
    3. Those who don't work receive welfare benefits - up to $5,000 per month + free housing. More ambitious ones study in foreign universities (mostly in the US) for government-funded scholarships.

    andrewlya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 93
    Join date : 2015-08-18

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  andrewlya on Wed 19 Aug 2015, 23:06

    Werewolf wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:I have heard a theory that the US will want to exploit Russia's natural resources if they put pro US puppet, but would it make Russians poorer?

    I am looking at an example of Saudi. The US and Saudi goverment have signed an agreement that Saudi lets the US to take control of theirt oil fields in exchange that they leave their religion alone. The US having the control of the Saudi oil have not made the country poorer, the Arabs are one of the wealthiest people i nthe world. Also, if we take Norway. They have also got pro US goverment and they have also got oil, but people are rich, the country is propesperous. So why would it not be the same for Russia and Russians?

    Wrong, Saudi is poorer, because they do not own their own oil, US private oil companies own it.

    The US has given to a minority of wahabits enermous wealth which protect their made up royality, while US provides them with all necessary stuff to keep this regime under US controll, the minority who calls themselfs now royal has no will to give up all that wealth and power just to be executed in their entire form as soon they would be overthrown. Saudi Arabia is a poor country where the money is not contributed or used for wealth of the country, but to assure the status quo. While Lybia and Iran are paying their citizens from the sold oil with a humble payment of roughly 20 USD per month, well not anymore the case in Lybia thx to US. No other country ever did that not even Russia which holds the most resources on this planet.
    If you look at statistics top ten richest nations are all US puppets,regardless of the fact that the US oil companies own their natural resources the people of those countries are most well off in the world.

    1. Luxembourg
    2. Qatar
    3. Norway
    4. Kuwait
    5. United Arab Emirates
    6. Singapore
    7. United States
    8. Ireland
    9. Equatorial Guinea
    10. Switzerland

    So,if Russia did have a pro US government maybe it would be a benefit to ordinary folk there.

    Statistics...never trust statistics.

    Statistics are mostly pushed by agendas not reflection of reality.

    Living standards in Lybia were far higher than any other country of arabic of those listed above and LIVING STANDARDS include human rights which are non existent in Qatar, Kuwait and UAE for lot of people.

    Well, statistics speak for themselves when you see Arabs come over to London in the most expensive cars in the world when you go to these countries you see that majority of the Arabs are minted and the only poor people in that society are immigrants from south Asia who have come there to work..

    Im not talking about Human Rights of those countries, I am talking about the quality of life there people have and the wealth generated from oil ,even though controlled by the US, is nicely spread across its people.Just recently, the new King of Saudi Arabia handed out an incredible £20.7 billion to his people as he celebrates taking the throne in oil-rich country. King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud celebrated coronation with handout to all state employees - as well as pensioners and students - to receive cash.Delighted Saudis celebrated by splashing out on luxury goods and holidays. Why can't Russia do the same with their natural resources and not controlled by the US? It's controlled by Russians so why cant they be like Arabs generous to its people?


    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2515
    Points : 2648
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  kvs on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 00:49

    Werewolf wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:I have heard a theory that the US will want to exploit Russia's natural resources if they put pro US puppet, but would it make Russians poorer?

    I am looking at an example of Saudi. The US and Saudi goverment have signed an agreement that Saudi lets the US to take control of theirt oil fields in exchange that they leave their religion alone. The US having the control of the Saudi oil have not made the country poorer, the Arabs are one of the wealthiest people i nthe world. Also, if we take Norway. They have also got pro US goverment and they have also got oil, but people are rich, the country is propesperous. So why would it not be the same for Russia and Russians?

    Wrong, Saudi is poorer, because they do not own their own oil, US private oil companies own it.

    The US has given to a minority of wahabits enermous wealth which protect their made up royality, while US provides them with all necessary stuff to keep this regime under US controll, the minority who calls themselfs now royal has no will to give up all that wealth and power just to be executed in their entire form as soon they would be overthrown. Saudi Arabia is a poor country where the money is not contributed or used for wealth of the country, but to assure the status quo. While Lybia and Iran are paying their citizens from the sold oil with a humble payment of roughly 20 USD per month, well not anymore the case in Lybia thx to US. No other country ever did that not even Russia which holds the most resources on this planet.

    I have to correct you on the ownership of Saudi oil. In the 1970s it was western oil majors that ran the shop but
    they were displaced by Aramco the Saudi national oil company. But it makes no difference as far as the west is
    concerned since the Saudis plow the money they make selling oil back into the west via investments. This
    translates into a massive discount for oil bought from Saudi Arabia. The Saudi domestic economy has been too
    small to absorb the revenue stream. But this is changing as their population explodes.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15465
    Points : 16172
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  GarryB on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 12:45

    Just think about who controls the money system.

    Hint, only one country can get away with just printing more and can ignore their foreign debt even though it is getting so big there isn't enough money in the world to pay it back.

    Cuba could be very wealthy too and there is no practical reason why North Korea is poor and South Korea is rich... they are all Koreans after all. Equally Iran should be wealthy too.

    Economic and political isolation... the most heavily used weapon of the west, the worst understood and the most insidious... don't kill them... make them poor and make them examples to the rest to make the rest toe the line...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    andrewlya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 93
    Join date : 2015-08-18

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  andrewlya on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 13:11

    kvs wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:I have heard a theory that the US will want to exploit Russia's natural resources if they put pro US puppet, but would it make Russians poorer?

    I am looking at an example of Saudi. The US and Saudi goverment have signed an agreement that Saudi lets the US to take control of theirt oil fields in exchange that they leave their religion alone. The US having the control of the Saudi oil have not made the country poorer, the Arabs are one of the wealthiest people i nthe world. Also, if we take Norway. They have also got pro US goverment and they have also got oil, but people are rich, the country is propesperous. So why would it not be the same for Russia and Russians?

    Wrong, Saudi is poorer, because they do not own their own oil, US private oil companies own it.

    The US has given to a minority of wahabits enermous wealth which protect their made up royality, while US provides them with all necessary stuff to keep this regime under US controll, the minority who calls themselfs now royal has no will to give up all that wealth and power just to be executed in their entire form as soon they would be overthrown. Saudi Arabia is a poor country where the money is not contributed or used for wealth of the country, but to assure the status quo. While Lybia and Iran are paying their citizens from the sold oil with a humble payment of roughly 20 USD per month, well not anymore the case in Lybia thx to US. No other country ever did that not even Russia which holds the most resources on this planet.

    I have to correct you on the ownership of Saudi oil.  In the 1970s it was western oil majors that ran the shop but
    they were displaced by Aramco the Saudi national oil company.   But it makes no difference as far as the west is
    concerned since the Saudis plow the money they make selling oil back into the west via investments.   This
    translates into a massive discount for oil bought from Saudi Arabia.   The Saudi domestic economy has been too
    small to absorb the revenue stream.   But this is changing as their population explodes.
    This is what I mean even thoughSaudis are US puppets, the living standards have not deterorated in Saudi Arabia or other Gulf Sates. So, would it a pro US goverment in Russia have such a negative impact on Russia and Russians?

    The thing is that being anti American goes against Russia in my opinion, they US impose sanctions and as long as they are,Russian goverment, anti American it will criple their economy and have impact on its people i nthe long term...

    Why can't Russia adopt a practical aproach like the Arabs i.e. "to plow the money they make selling oil back into the west via investments" and make its nation one of the prosperous in the world? They have the tools and material to do that, they just need to get on with it!

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3668
    Points : 3780
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 14:01

    andrewlya wrote:..................
    Why can't Russia adopt a practical aproach like the Arabs i.e. "to plow the money they make selling oil back into the west via investments" and make its nation one of the prosperous in the world? They have the tools and material to do that, they just need to get on with it!

    But they are already making their nation one of the prosperous in the world lot more efficiently than before.

    Why should they share their money with Americans when they can keep it all for themselves?

    andrewlya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 93
    Join date : 2015-08-18

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  andrewlya on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 14:36

    PapaDragon wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:..................
    Why can't Russia adopt a practical aproach like the Arabs i.e. "to plow the money they make selling oil back into the west via investments" and make its nation one of the prosperous in the world? They have the tools and material to do that, they just need to get on with it!

    But they are already making their nation one of the prosperous in the world lot more efficiently than before.

    Why should they share their money with Americans when they can keep it all for themselves?
    How do they make their nation prosperous, please give me an example?
    I want Russians to be prosperous more than anyone.They deserve after what they have been through with Communism and US led sanctions as of late.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  sepheronx on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 14:44

    By using their brains. Like you should and read the other threads rather than going in circles and repeating yourself.

    Wages are higher now than ever, efen after forex change and inflation (which FOREX makes little difference now). Self sufficiency in energy related development with growing prospects of further inhouse development of new toolings. Reduced unemployment rate (5.3% now. Much lower than most Arab states), subsidized housing programs and or free housing from Soviet era (so most have a roof over their heads). More liberty (far more, regardless what western media says. No one loses their head or arms for believing in a different religion, woman are not stoned to death. Hell, woman in Russia hold major high positions, more than nearly any other country), newer roads and infrastructure (someone posted skyscrapers forums as a source, which is a good one), subsidized education so that means russians are some of the most educated people in the world, etc.

    Arab countries for the most part sucks. I have had family that worked in them for years. They look pretty and glamourus on the outside, but bad on the in. And only few people have the wealth.

    andrewlya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 93
    Join date : 2015-08-18

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  andrewlya on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 15:24

    sepheronx wrote:By using their brains. Like you should and read the other threads rather than going in circles and repeating yourself.

    Wages are higher now than ever, efen after forex change and inflation (which FOREX makes little difference now). Self sufficiency in energy related development with growing prospects of further inhouse development of new toolings. Reduced unemployment rate (5.3% now. Much lower than most Arab states), subsidized housing programs and or free housing from Soviet era (so most have a roof over their heads). More liberty (far more, regardless what western media says. No one loses their head or arms for believing in a different religion, woman are not stoned to death. Hell, woman in Russia hold major high positions, more than nearly any other country), newer roads and infrastructure (someone posted skyscrapers forums as a source, which is a good one), subsidized education so that means russians are some of the most educated people in the world, etc.

    Arab countries for the most part sucks. I have had family that worked in them for years. They look pretty and glamourus on the outside, but bad on the in. And only few people have the wealth.
    So, do you think their living standards will ever match those of Canada/Scandinavia?

    Also, wanted to know if Navalnyi ever get in as a president, would it be good for Russia?Or do you think that Putin/Medvedev are the best for Russia>

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3668
    Points : 3780
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 15:47


    Yes, in due time.

    Canada and Scandinavia did not reach those living standards overnight, neither will Russia.

    As for Navalny, I'll leave that answer to our resident Russians. lol1 Twisted Evil

    Book.
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 667
    Points : 730
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  Book. on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 16:05

    andrewlya wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:..................
    Why can't Russia adopt a practical aproach like the Arabs i.e. "to plow the money they make selling oil back into the west via investments" and make its nation one of the prosperous in the world? They have the tools and material to do that, they just need to get on with it!

    But they are already making their nation one of the prosperous in the world lot more efficiently than before.

    Why should they share their money with Americans when they can keep it all for themselves?
    How do they make their nation prosperous, please give me an example?
    I want Russians to be prosperous more than anyone.They deserve after what they have been through with Communism and US led sanctions as of late.  

    Keep Manufa producion in house

    Russia IT the example

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2515
    Points : 2648
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  kvs on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 16:37

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Yes, in due time.

    Canada and Scandinavia did not reach those living standards overnight, neither will Russia.

    As for Navalny, I'll leave that answer to our resident Russians. lol1 Twisted Evil

    Canada's living standards are grossly overestimated. At the same time the standard of living
    in Russia, including areas outside of Moscow and St. Petersburg is underestimated. I can say
    this because I can see both sides of the coin.

    An important detail is that there is a serious time lag in the information space created by
    the mass media. I have read many articles over the last 20 years that are just ridiculously
    out of date. One that comes to mind is the 2003 article in The Atlantic that painted a
    picture of Russia consistent with 1998 and not 2003. People's perceptions are framed by
    the mass media. Unlike the Russian media, the Canadian and NATO media in general downplay
    domestic problems and hype up foreign threats and focus attention abroad. This is an obvious
    machination.

    andrewlya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 93
    Join date : 2015-08-18

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  andrewlya on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 21:12

    kvs wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Yes, in due time.

    Canada and Scandinavia did not reach those living standards overnight, neither will Russia.

    As for Navalny, I'll leave that answer to our resident Russians. lol1 Twisted Evil

    Canada's living standards are grossly overestimated.  At the same time the standard of living
    in Russia, including areas outside of Moscow and St. Petersburg is underestimated.   I can say
    this because I can see both sides of the coin.

    An important detail is that there is a serious time lag in the information space created by
    the mass media.   I have read many articles over the last 20 years that are just ridiculously
    out of date.   One that comes to mind is the 2003 article in The Atlantic that painted a
    picture of Russia consistent with 1998 and not 2003.   People's perceptions are framed by
    the mass media.  Unlike the Russian media, the Canadian and NATO media in general downplay
    domestic problems and hype up foreign threats and focus attention abroad.   This is an obvious
    machination
    .
    Agreed.

    andrewlya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 93
    Join date : 2015-08-18

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  andrewlya on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 23:13

    PapaDragon wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:..................
    Why can't Russia adopt a practical aproach like the Arabs i.e. "to plow the money they make selling oil back into the west via investments" and make its nation one of the prosperous in the world? They have the tools and material to do that, they just need to get on with it!

    But they are already making their nation one of the prosperous in the world lot more efficiently than before.

    Why should they share their money with Americans when they can keep it all for themselves?
    Another option could be that Russia owns all the resources but is still friendly to EU & the US, that would be ideal..

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  sepheronx on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 23:14

    andrewlya wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:..................
    Why can't Russia adopt a practical aproach like the Arabs i.e. "to plow the money they make selling oil back into the west via investments" and make its nation one of the prosperous in the world? They have the tools and material to do that, they just need to get on with it!

    But they are already making their nation one of the prosperous in the world lot more efficiently than before.

    Why should they share their money with Americans when they can keep it all for themselves?
    Another option could be that Russia owns all the resources but is still friendly to EU & the US, that would be ideal..

    That would be great, if NATO and US wasn't trying to threaten, surround and overthrow Russian friendly nations and Russia itself. As well, if it didn't try to keep funding retards like Navalny and the rest whom are trying to sell their own country away.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 15:28


      Current date/time is Mon 05 Dec 2016, 15:28