Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russia - USA Relations

    Share

    Cyrus the great
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 241
    Points : 251
    Join date : 2015-06-12

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  Cyrus the great on Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:56 pm


    Has anyone seen the laughable statements that were uttered by John McCain? That witless warmonger lamented that it was 'tragic' that the United States does not have the ability to act militarily against Russia in response to its apparent 'aggression' in the Ukraine. It's funny how it's tragic when the United States does not have the military means to bully, compromise or invade another Nation, but it's not tragic when the United States destroys a previously stable and relatively prosperous country like Libya and turns it [as well as Iraq] into a safe haven for terrorists. As a consequence of the U.S. invasion -an invasion that apparently delivered 'democracy'- a million people died in Iraq and over 1/3rd of the country is controlled by ISIL. That's the real tragedy. Source: http://thinkprogress.org/world/2014/03/07/3378371/mccain-military-option-ukraine/


    The world needs more regional blocks with large populations, common currencies, integrated markets and military alliances [like NATO] to push-back against the unipolar world that the Anglo-American Establishment seems hell-bent on pursuing. Russia -is in this regards- the indispensable Nation, without which no one could acquire the tools to defend themselves.

    Godric
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 391
    Points : 405
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Alba (Scotland)

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  Godric on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:38 pm

    people actually believe this sh!t .... Ukraine Attacks = Russia bad Guys Russian offensive etc


    https://news.vice.com/article/the-armys-top-general-points-a-spear-at-russia?utm_source=vicenewsfb



    The US Army's Top General Points a Spear at Russia


    By Ryan Faith

    August 21, 2015 | 9:50 am


    "We know the Russians are getting ready for something. We just don't know where."

    General Raymond Odierno, then the top general in the US Army, said this to me a week before he retired on August 14. We were at a military exercise in the Mojave Desert, and Odierno was watching through a night-vision scope as Special Operations soldiers from the 75th Ranger Regiment touched down in tilt-rotor Ospreys and seized and cleared a runway several hundred feet away. This was Operation Dragon Spear, the last major military exercise Odierno observed before his retirement.

    The scenario in the exercise centered on the trials and tribulations of America's put-upon allies, the Atropians, and their jerkwad neighbors to the north, the Donovians. In Atropia, pro-Donovian forces known as the Bilasuvar National Freedom Movement, along with their armed wing, the Bilasuvar Freedom Brigade, were in cahoots with the CASTRO criminal-terrorist network, and were up to all manner of naughty stuff. This was especially bad news, what with Atropia's valuable reserves of the nerve-gas antidote Atropine.

    Just to be clear — and to avoid shouts of "No blood for Atropine!" — the military made up all of that for the exercise. But it wasn't mere playtime; there are some very important reasons why hundreds of US soldiers jumped out of perfectly good airplanes in complete darkness to defend a fictional country from a non-existent enemy. ....

    ...Etc Etc Etc

    Cyrus the great
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 241
    Points : 251
    Join date : 2015-06-12

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  Cyrus the great on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:04 pm



    Godric:

    You've got to laugh at the complete inversion of reality that the United States is trying to present to the rest of the world. The Americans so desperately want to cast Russia as a hostile country that has meddled in the domestic affairs of a smaller, significantly weaker neighbor and compromised its sovereignty despite the fact that the Americans engineered a government overthrow in Ukraine and yet that is presented to the rest of the world as right and proper. The Americans are hell-bent in their delusions that they can contain and surround a powerful country that is almost the size of South America. Ukraine is absolutely central in this American project; it must be weaned away from Russia's sphere of influence, integrated into the European Union [and most alarmingly] join NATO at some point.

    Some people argue that Ukraine is a sovereign country and that the newly installed puppets in Kiev have every right to decide for themselves whether or not they should join something as arguably innocuous as the European Union. They argue that joining the EU is not tantamount to joining NATO despite the fact that prominent individuals like Robert Cooper have pushed for a European Union army that Ukraine would then inevitably join. How is that not NATO?

    andrewlya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 93
    Join date : 2015-08-19

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  andrewlya on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:33 am

    Cyrus the great wrote:
    Has anyone seen the laughable statements that were uttered by John McCain? That witless warmonger lamented that it was 'tragic' that the United States does not have the ability to act militarily against Russia in response to its apparent 'aggression' in the Ukraine. It's funny how it's tragic when the United States does not have the military means to bully, compromise or invade another Nation, but it's not tragic when the United States destroys a previously stable and relatively prosperous country like Libya and turns it  [as well as Iraq] into a safe haven for terrorists. As a consequence of the U.S. invasion -an invasion that apparently delivered 'democracy'- a million people died in Iraq and over 1/3rd of the country is controlled by ISIL. That's the real tragedy.


    The world needs more regional blocks with large populations, common currencies, integrated markets and military alliances [like NATO] to push-back against the unipolar world that the Anglo-American Establishment seems hell-bent on pursuing. Russia -is in this regards- the indispensable Nation, without which no one could acquire the tools to defend themselves.
    He is such a war monger, Mccain is. I hope Donald Trump gets in as the US president! May have a bit of a change then..

    andrewlya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 93
    Join date : 2015-08-19

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  andrewlya on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:37 am

    Cyrus the great wrote:

    Godric:

    You've got to laugh at the complete inversion of reality that the United States is trying to present to the rest of the world. The Americans so desperately want to cast Russia as a hostile country that has meddled in the domestic affairs of a smaller, significantly weaker neighbor and compromised its sovereignty despite the fact that the Americans engineered a government overthrow in Ukraine and yet that is presented to the rest of the world as right and proper. The Americans are hell-bent in their delusions that they can contain and surround a powerful country that is almost the size of South America. Ukraine is absolutely central in this American project; it must be weaned away from Russia's sphere of influence, integrated into the European Union [and most alarmingly] join NATO at some point.

    Some people argue that Ukraine is a sovereign country and that the newly installed puppets in Kiev have every right to decide for themselves whether or not they should join something as arguably innocuous as the European Union. They argue that joining the EU is not tantamount to joining NATO despite the fact that prominent individuals like Robert Cooper have pushed for a European Union army that Ukraine would then inevitably join. How is that not NATO?
    They are trying to isolate Russia by absorbing all Russia's friendly customers, the customers who are Russia business partners..

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15465
    Points : 16172
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  GarryB on Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:12 am

    They are trying to isolate Russia by absorbing all Russia's friendly customers, the customers who are Russia business partners..

    But they have made an obvious and major blunder... there are strong economic ties between the Ukraine and Russia, but they were largely in one direction.

    They have pulled a baby from its mother breast and the baby is refusing to latch back on because the EU and US have enormous breasts... and Russia has run off with the new found freedom of not being stuck with a 25 year old child that needs a lot of milk to keep alive.

    the US and EU will have to provide milk to the Ukrainian child for likely the foreseeable future.

    Personally I would like to see good relations between Russia and the US and EU, but at the end of the day the west needs to change its attitude. It wants Russia to be friends on its terms, which basically means loser of cold war and therefore resource bitch to the western global machine.

    To be honest if they can't work out how to get by with good relations with Russia their chances with the rest of the world are pretty poor anyway.

    The west wont let Russia get by owning its own natural resources... it will only accept what it will call privatisation... though what they actually mean is multinationalisation of its resources...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    andrewlya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 93
    Join date : 2015-08-19

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  andrewlya on Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:25 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    They are trying to isolate Russia by absorbing all Russia's friendly customers, the customers who are Russia business partners..

    But they have made an obvious and major blunder... there are strong economic ties between the Ukraine and Russia, but they were largely in one direction.

    They have pulled a baby from its mother breast and the baby is refusing to latch back on because the EU and US have enormous breasts... and Russia has run off with the new found freedom of not being stuck with a 25 year old child that needs a lot of milk to keep alive.

    the US and EU will have to provide milk to the Ukrainian child for likely the foreseeable future.

    Personally I would like to see good relations between Russia and the US and EU, but at the end of the day the west needs to change its attitude. It wants Russia to be friends on its terms, which basically means loser of cold war and therefore resource bitch to the western global machine.

    To be honest if they can't work out how to get by with good relations with Russia their chances with the rest of the world are pretty poor anyway.

    The west wont let Russia get by owning its own natural resources... it will only accept what it will call privatisation... though what they actually mean is multinationalisation of its resources...
    I think it is easier for the EU/EU to lure the West of Ukraine since the Western part of Ukraine have been occupied by Poles, Austrians, Germans (and now US and EU) have all worked to change that by supporting cultural/religious conversion, or at least independent Ukrainian identity (preferably anti-Russian). These efforts finally bore fruit when Central Ukraine briefly sided with Austrians during the 1918 civil war (although the southern and eastern Ukraine formed Soviet Republics).As a result of WWII, West Ukraine was attached to Ukrainian SSR as well. These lands have not been part of Russia since the Mongol invasion in the 13th century, and due to their Polish/Austrian/German masters spending the past 700 years nurturing Russophobia, were very anti-Russian, byproduct of which can be seen in the Western part of Ukraine and could be seen during the Maidan.

    Whereas the East and South of Ukraine tends to take the Russian side because they are culturally and, more importantly, religiously affiliated with Russia. What I am saying is that Ukraine is a deeply divided country and the US/EU underestimated it, now we have violent conflicts in Donbas. I suggest watch a documentary by the BBC called Why some Ukrainians want to be part of Russia? Very interesting, people in the West should watch it all to understand why some support the West and why other support Russia.

    Cyrus the great
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 241
    Points : 251
    Join date : 2015-06-12

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  Cyrus the great on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:24 pm

    andrewlya wrote:
    Cyrus the great wrote:
    Has anyone seen the laughable statements that were uttered by John McCain? That witless warmonger lamented that it was 'tragic' that the United States does not have the ability to act militarily against Russia in response to its apparent 'aggression' in the Ukraine. It's funny how it's tragic when the United States does not have the military means to bully, compromise or invade another Nation, but it's not tragic when the United States destroys a previously stable and relatively prosperous country like Libya and turns it  [as well as Iraq] into a safe haven for terrorists. As a consequence of the U.S. invasion -an invasion that apparently delivered 'democracy'- a million people died in Iraq and over 1/3rd of the country is controlled by ISIL. That's the real tragedy.


    The world needs more regional blocks with large populations, common currencies, integrated markets and military alliances [like NATO] to push-back against the unipolar world that the Anglo-American Establishment seems hell-bent on pursuing. Russia -is in this regards- the indispensable Nation, without which no one could acquire the tools to defend themselves.
    He is such a war monger, Mccain is. I hope Donald Trump gets in as the US president! May have a bit of a change then..

    Donald Trump does seem to acknowledge Russia's importance in the global chessboard; he says that he would mend ties with Russia and China, but conversely he says that the United States has been too diplomatic and that the world takes advantage of the United States when the opposite is true. Just read the book 'Super Imperialism: The Origin and Fundamentals of U.S. World Dominance' by Michael Hudson.

    andrewlya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 93
    Join date : 2015-08-19

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  andrewlya on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:31 pm

    Cyrus the great wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:
    Cyrus the great wrote:
    Has anyone seen the laughable statements that were uttered by John McCain? That witless warmonger lamented that it was 'tragic' that the United States does not have the ability to act militarily against Russia in response to its apparent 'aggression' in the Ukraine. It's funny how it's tragic when the United States does not have the military means to bully, compromise or invade another Nation, but it's not tragic when the United States destroys a previously stable and relatively prosperous country like Libya and turns it  [as well as Iraq] into a safe haven for terrorists. As a consequence of the U.S. invasion -an invasion that apparently delivered 'democracy'- a million people died in Iraq and over 1/3rd of the country is controlled by ISIL. That's the real tragedy.


    The world needs more regional blocks with large populations, common currencies, integrated markets and military alliances [like NATO] to push-back against the unipolar world that the Anglo-American Establishment seems hell-bent on pursuing. Russia -is in this regards- the indispensable Nation, without which no one could acquire the tools to defend themselves.
    He is such a war monger, Mccain is. I hope Donald Trump gets in as the US president! May have a bit of a change then..

    Donald Trump does seem to acknowledge Russia's importance in the global chessboard; he says that he would mend ties with Russia and China, but conversely he says that the United States has been too diplomatic and that the world takes advantage of the United States when the opposite is true. Just read the book 'Super Imperialism:  The Origin and Fundamentals of U.S. World Dominance' by Michael Hudson.
    Yes, but out of all US candidates he is probably the most Russia friendly, I would vote for him.

    Cyrus the great
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 241
    Points : 251
    Join date : 2015-06-12

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  Cyrus the great on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:58 pm

    andrewlya wrote:
    Cyrus the great wrote:

    Godric:

    You've got to laugh at the complete inversion of reality that the United States is trying to present to the rest of the world. The Americans so desperately want to cast Russia as a hostile country that has meddled in the domestic affairs of a smaller, significantly weaker neighbor and compromised its sovereignty despite the fact that the Americans engineered a government overthrow in Ukraine and yet that is presented to the rest of the world as right and proper. The Americans are hell-bent in their delusions that they can contain and surround a powerful country that is almost the size of South America. Ukraine is absolutely central in this American project; it must be weaned away from Russia's sphere of influence, integrated into the European Union [and most alarmingly] join NATO at some point.

    Some people argue that Ukraine is a sovereign country and that the newly installed puppets in Kiev have every right to decide for themselves whether or not they should join something as arguably innocuous as the European Union. They argue that joining the EU is not tantamount to joining NATO despite the fact that prominent individuals like Robert Cooper have pushed for a European Union army that Ukraine would then inevitably join. How is that not NATO?
    They are trying to isolate Russia by absorbing all Russia's friendly customers, the customers who are Russia business partners..


    This goes beyond just targeting Russia's business markets and historical zones of interest... the United States wants to eliminate Russia as a geopolitical adversary. In this object, Russia must be controlled by Washington compliant quislings and made to allow Anglo-American control over its vast resources. It's funny how the Americans condemned Russia for the 2012 Russian foreign agent law when the Americans have a similar law that was passed in 1938.

    Cyrus the great
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 241
    Points : 251
    Join date : 2015-06-12

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  Cyrus the great on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:07 pm

    andrewlya wrote:
    Cyrus the great wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:
    Cyrus the great wrote:
    Has anyone seen the laughable statements that were uttered by John McCain? That witless warmonger lamented that it was 'tragic' that the United States does not have the ability to act militarily against Russia in response to its apparent 'aggression' in the Ukraine. It's funny how it's tragic when the United States does not have the military means to bully, compromise or invade another Nation, but it's not tragic when the United States destroys a previously stable and relatively prosperous country like Libya and turns it  [as well as Iraq] into a safe haven for terrorists. As a consequence of the U.S. invasion -an invasion that apparently delivered 'democracy'- a million people died in Iraq and over 1/3rd of the country is controlled by ISIL. That's the real tragedy.


    The world needs more regional blocks with large populations, common currencies, integrated markets and military alliances [like NATO] to push-back against the unipolar world that the Anglo-American Establishment seems hell-bent on pursuing. Russia -is in this regards- the indispensable Nation, without which no one could acquire the tools to defend themselves.
    He is such a war monger, Mccain is. I hope Donald Trump gets in as the US president! May have a bit of a change then..

    Donald Trump does seem to acknowledge Russia's importance in the global chessboard; he says that he would mend ties with Russia and China, but conversely he says that the United States has been too diplomatic and that the world takes advantage of the United States when the opposite is true. Just read the book 'Super Imperialism:  The Origin and Fundamentals of U.S. World Dominance' by Michael Hudson.
    Yes, but out of all US candidates he is probably the most Russia friendly, I would vote for him.

    Isn't it sad that Donald Trump is the most reasonable of American presidential candidates? All US candidates should try to mend ties with Russia because they can do nothing to eliminate its place on the global stage. The onus is on them to improve relations with the Russian Federation. Russia can do nothing to improve relations with the US because Russia is not threatening the United States and building military bases on its borders and conducting war games that are primed against the United States.

    andrewlya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 93
    Join date : 2015-08-19

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  andrewlya on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:30 pm

    Cyrus the great wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:
    Cyrus the great wrote:
    andrewlya wrote:
    Cyrus the great wrote:
    Has anyone seen the laughable statements that were uttered by John McCain? That witless warmonger lamented that it was 'tragic' that the United States does not have the ability to act militarily against Russia in response to its apparent 'aggression' in the Ukraine. It's funny how it's tragic when the United States does not have the military means to bully, compromise or invade another Nation, but it's not tragic when the United States destroys a previously stable and relatively prosperous country like Libya and turns it  [as well as Iraq] into a safe haven for terrorists. As a consequence of the U.S. invasion -an invasion that apparently delivered 'democracy'- a million people died in Iraq and over 1/3rd of the country is controlled by ISIL. That's the real tragedy.


    The world needs more regional blocks with large populations, common currencies, integrated markets and military alliances [like NATO] to push-back against the unipolar world that the Anglo-American Establishment seems hell-bent on pursuing. Russia -is in this regards- the indispensable Nation, without which no one could acquire the tools to defend themselves.
    He is such a war monger, Mccain is. I hope Donald Trump gets in as the US president! May have a bit of a change then..

    Donald Trump does seem to acknowledge Russia's importance in the global chessboard; he says that he would mend ties with Russia and China, but conversely he says that the United States has been too diplomatic and that the world takes advantage of the United States when the opposite is true. Just read the book 'Super Imperialism:  The Origin and Fundamentals of U.S. World Dominance' by Michael Hudson.
    Yes, but out of all US candidates he is probably the most Russia friendly, I would vote for him.

    Isn't it sad that Donald Trump is the most reasonable of American presidential candidates? All US candidates should try to mend ties with Russia because they can do nothing to eliminate its place on the global stage. The onus is on them to improve relations with the Russian Federation. Russia can do nothing to improve relations with the US because Russia is not threatening the United States and building military bases on its borders and conducting war games that are primed against the United States.
    Spot on,matey

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15465
    Points : 16172
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  GarryB on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:55 am

    The thing is that the west states that Russia is not allowed a sphere of influence and that all countries that border Russia should be free to make their own decisions without interference.

    I think it is easier for the EU/EU to lure the West of Ukraine since the Western part of Ukraine have been occupied by Poles, Austrians, Germans (and now US and EU) have all worked to change that by supporting cultural/religious conversion, or at least independent Ukrainian identity (preferably anti-Russian).

    When you say lure, you mean pull from Russias sphere of influence into the wests sphere of influence... in other words move from a place of partial Russian influence to Washington dominance via brussels...

    The amusing thing is that the alienation of Russia from its neighbours by the west (which is not always successful BTW) has led Russia to look elsewhere for customers and trade partners. An american government official might see Russian moves to trade with central and south american countries as a response to try to hurt the US by undermining its sphere of influence/domination in the region, but it is actually quite normal... when a country is pushed out of a market it will always seek new markets to expand into to compensate... so america, asia, and africa will all be looked at to find new markets.... nothing to do with revenge or undermining the western sphere of influence in return... it is just commercial interests.

    were very anti-Russian, byproduct of which can be seen in the Western part of Ukraine and could be seen during the Maidan.

    All very true, but at the heart of it this is all about money... the ones turning west truly believe that the EU will save them... what they don't realise is that the Ukraine is not EU material the way it is... it will have to be broken down and destroyed and then rebuilt in the EU image to have a chance... and even then I doubt they will prosper... they don't have much to offer and have not much in common with the EU. they have to have laws to force locals to speak the native language...

    I am sure they will enjoy being the front line for the new cold war...

    Whereas the East and South of Ukraine tends to take the Russian side because they are culturally and, more importantly, religiously affiliated with Russia. What I am saying is that Ukraine is a deeply divided country and the US/EU underestimated it, now we have violent conflicts in Donbas. I suggest watch a documentary by the BBC called Why some Ukrainians want to be part of Russia? Very interesting, people in the West should watch it all to understand why some support the West and why other support Russia.

    Sorry, the only BBC I will listen to is the Russian Air Force (VVS). The BBC has no credibility in my house.

    To be honest I think Russia will be rather better off without the Ukraine... except the Crimea, which was pretty much Russian anyway.... except when it was Turkish or Ottoman or whatever.... hell for a while it was German...

    Donald Trump does seem to acknowledge Russia's importance in the global chessboard; he says that he would mend ties with Russia and China, but conversely he says that the United States has been too diplomatic and that the world takes advantage of the United States when the opposite is true. Just read the book 'Super Imperialism: The Origin and Fundamentals of U.S. World Dominance' by Michael Hudson.

    I hear what you are saying, but there is a history of US presidential hopefuls being super anti this or anti that just to get votes and to get into power but when they get in the rhetoric changes... most seem to realise they wont get much progress in a lot of areas if they don't talk to Russia and China and even Iran etc.

    The onus is on them to improve relations with the Russian Federation. Russia can do nothing to improve relations with the US because Russia is not threatening the United States and building military bases on its borders and conducting war games that are primed against the United States.

    Like I said... it is up to the west and US in particular... Russia is not trying to expand its empire and be aggressive... it is just trying to do business and is being rather less fussy as to who it trades with... note talks with Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan and its very good relationship with South Korea...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    andrewlya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 93
    Join date : 2015-08-19

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  andrewlya on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:49 pm

    GarryB wrote:The thing is that the west states that Russia is not allowed a sphere of influence and that all countries that border Russia should be free to make their own decisions without interference.

    I think it is easier for the EU/EU to lure the West of Ukraine since the Western part of Ukraine have been occupied by Poles, Austrians, Germans (and now US and EU) have all worked to change that by supporting cultural/religious conversion, or at least independent Ukrainian identity (preferably anti-Russian).

    When you say lure, you mean pull from Russias sphere of influence into the wests sphere of influence... in other words move from a place of partial Russian influence to Washington dominance via brussels...

    The amusing thing is that the alienation of Russia from its neighbours by the west (which is not always successful BTW) has led Russia to look elsewhere for customers and trade partners. An american government official might see Russian moves to trade with central and south american countries as a response to try to hurt the US by undermining its sphere of influence/domination in the region, but it is actually quite normal... when a country is pushed out of a market it will always seek new markets to expand into to compensate... so america, asia, and africa will all be looked at to find new markets.... nothing to do with revenge or undermining the western sphere of influence in return... it is just commercial interests.

    were very anti-Russian, byproduct of which can be seen in the Western part of Ukraine and could be seen during the Maidan.

    All very true, but at the heart of it this is all about money... the ones turning west truly believe that the EU will save them... what they don't realise is that the Ukraine is not EU material the way it is... it will have to be broken down and destroyed and then rebuilt in the EU image to have a chance... and even then I doubt they will prosper... they don't have much to offer and have not much in common with the EU. they have to have laws to force locals to speak the native language...

    I am sure they will enjoy being the front line for the new cold war...

    Whereas the East and South of Ukraine tends to take the Russian side because they are culturally and, more importantly, religiously affiliated with Russia. What I am saying is that Ukraine is a deeply divided country and the US/EU underestimated it, now we have violent conflicts in Donbas. I suggest watch a documentary by the BBC called Why some Ukrainians want to be part of Russia? Very interesting, people in the West should watch it all to understand why some support the West and why other support Russia.

    Sorry, the only BBC I will listen to is the Russian Air Force (VVS). The BBC has no credibility in my house.

    To be honest I think Russia will be rather better off without the Ukraine... except the Crimea, which was pretty much Russian anyway.... except when it was Turkish or Ottoman or whatever.... hell for a while it was German...

    Donald Trump does seem to acknowledge Russia's importance in the global chessboard; he says that he would mend ties with Russia and China, but conversely he says that the United States has been too diplomatic and that the world takes advantage of the United States when the opposite is true. Just read the book 'Super Imperialism: The Origin and Fundamentals of U.S. World Dominance' by Michael Hudson.

    I hear what you are saying, but there is a history of US presidential hopefuls being super anti this or anti that just to get votes and to get into power but when they get in the rhetoric changes... most seem to realise they wont get much progress in a lot of areas if they don't talk to Russia and China and even Iran etc.

    The onus is on them to improve relations with the Russian Federation. Russia can do nothing to improve relations with the US because Russia is not threatening the United States and building military bases on its borders and conducting war games that are primed against the United States.

    Like I said... it is up to the west and US in particular... Russia is not trying to expand its empire and be aggressive... it is just trying to do business and is being rather less fussy as to who it trades with... note talks with Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan and its very good relationship with South Korea...
    I agree on all points. Im glad that Russia and China get along well. At least 35 countries will join the China-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). This is a fierce competitor to American World Bank and the fact that US puppet countries such as New Zealand, Britain, France, Germany, Italy and Luxembourg have join China's led Bank, the United States' officials have expressed concerns about whether the AIIB would have high standards of governance, and whether it would have environmental and social safeguards, basically the US come up with some lame excuses as they are afraid that they may lose their sphere of influence in those countries.According to The Economist the United States is reported to have used diplomatic pressure to try and prevent key allies, such as Australia, from joining the bank, and expressed disappointment when others, such as Britain, who joined the Bank. So, what I say well done China.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15465
    Points : 16172
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  GarryB on Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:19 pm

    Reading through their lies... what they mean is that this new banking system wont be under their control so they wont be able to manipulate it to their advantage... of course they don't want it...

    But no one wants to play with the rich kid any more because he keeps changing the rules half way through games so he always wins.

    Of course that is the lesson of Monopoly... being the banker is an enormous advantage... when you cheat.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3668
    Points : 3780
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:44 am


    Looks like someone has been following this forum... russia lol1

    ''When Russia Plays by the West's Rules, It Loses''

    http://sputniknews.com/analysis/20150827/1026262657/russia-europe-us-geopolitics-imperialism.html


    In a recent op-ed for Czech online newspaper Nova Republika, Slovak-Ukrainian politician, writer and political analyst Sergei Chelemendik suggested that it's time for Russia to stop playing the game of geopolitics according to the rules established by the West...
    ..................................

    andrewlya
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 77
    Points : 93
    Join date : 2015-08-19

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  andrewlya on Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:06 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Looks like someone has been following this forum... russia  lol1

    ''When Russia Plays by the West's Rules, It Loses''

    http://sputniknews.com/analysis/20150827/1026262657/russia-europe-us-geopolitics-imperialism.html


    In a recent op-ed for Czech online newspaper Nova Republika, Slovak-Ukrainian politician, writer and political analyst Sergei Chelemendik suggested that it's time for Russia to stop playing the game of geopolitics according to the rules established by the West...
    ..................................
    Also, Czech president is quite pro Russian!

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:02 am

    The Deputy of the state Duma proposed to move the headquarters of the United Nations in a neutral country

    I agree 100%. Move the UN to a neutral country or just drop from it and do not recognize anything the UN does as legitimate.

    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2128
    Points : 2243
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  higurashihougi on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:19 am

    sepheronx wrote:The Deputy of the state Duma proposed to move the headquarters of the United Nations in a neutral country

    I agree 100%.  Move the UN to a neutral country or just drop from it and do not recognize anything the UN does as legitimate.

    Well Russia won't drop from it, because she is a permanent member of Security Council and can veto the US-backed UN resolution.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:40 am

    sepheronx wrote:The Deputy of the state Duma proposed to move the headquarters of the United Nations in a neutral country

    I agree 100%.  Move the UN to a neutral country or just drop from it and do not recognize anything the UN does as legitimate.

    I agree, move the U.N. to Singapore, a country that maintains good relations with the Big 3 world powers.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-25

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  Werewolf on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:44 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:The Deputy of the state Duma proposed to move the headquarters of the United Nations in a neutral country

    I agree 100%.  Move the UN to a neutral country or just drop from it and do not recognize anything the UN does as legitimate.

    I agree, move the U.N. to Singapore, a country that maintains good relations with the Big 3 world powers.

    Move the UN to Antarctica to show the importance of it and its value measured by the content of the continent. The UN a club of countries who can buy the most vassals to get votes and seats for specific agendas sights are pushing. Japanese bought asian countries and bribed some bigger countries to make a veto so they can keep wale hunting, US threatens and blackmails constantly all its vassals of EU/NATO and other countries that either rely on US military equipment or have an aligned agenda to sustain their little dictatorship or to name some like the dictatorships in ME or Asian vassals, to artificially create a members club that all always do and vote for whatever nuthead shit the US propose in its plans and struggle for world domination.

    The UN is a cartell through and through.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15465
    Points : 16172
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  GarryB on Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:24 am

    The only problem with the UN is that it is manipulated by a few for their own purposes.

    It is not supposed to be the worlds policeman... it is just supposed to be a forum for discussion at an international level.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  max steel on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:33 pm

    Is it possible to drop Tsar Bomba again using an Unmanned plane ? I mean manned plane cannot escape the perimeter of bomb after dropping it , but now with unmanned tech in future can it be done ?

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3363
    Points : 3406
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:43 pm

    max steel wrote:Is it possible to drop Tsar Bomba again using an Unmanned plane ? I mean manned plane cannot escape the perimeter of bomb after dropping it , but now with unmanned tech in future can it be done ?
    Why use a Tsar Bomba when nuclear weapon technology has moved on so much in the last 60 years? Nowadays you can apparently configure the device for the task in hand, in terms of size of detonation, blast area, radiation level etc.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:48 pm

    max steel wrote:Is it possible to drop Tsar Bomba again using an Unmanned plane ? I mean manned plane cannot escape the perimeter of bomb after dropping it , but now with unmanned tech in future can it be done ?

    Actually the pilots that dropped the Tsar Bomba did escape the blast, but just barely. The Tsar Bomba fireball was at least 162 km's wide, which is ridiculously huge!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russia - USA Relations

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:30 pm


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:30 pm