Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+70
ludovicense
Sprut-B
Podlodka77
Krepost
Belisarius
Rodion_Romanovic
wilhelm
Robert.V
Dr.Snufflebug
caveat emptor
Broski
Gazputin
thegopnik
andalusia
Lennox
Daniel_Admassu
Mir
ALAMO
limb
Russian_Patriot_
lancelot
Backman
Kiko
LMFS
Scorpius
PhSt
dino00
marat
miketheterrible
Dima
Hole
PapaDragon
KiloGolf
Singular_Transform
JohninMK
Singular_trafo
Zivo
william.boutros
Book.
KoTeMoRe
Project Canada
Rmf
mutantsushi
Prince Darling
Svyatoslavich
higurashihougi
eehnie
Neutrality
macedonian
George1
flamming_python
Vann7
AbsoluteZero
kvs
GarryB
Werewolf
Mike E
sepheronx
KomissarBojanchev
Firebird
magnumcromagnon
gaurav
TheArmenian
AlfaT8
Viktor
Regular
Cyberspec
TR1
Austin
Sujoy
74 posters

Russian Auto Industry

Vann7

Russian Auto Industry - Page 4 Empty Re: Russian Auto Industry

Post  Vann7 Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:48 am

AbsoluteZero wrote:Russian Auto Industry - Page 4 Marussia_Motors_Company_logo
    Russian Auto Industry - Page 4 Marussia_B2

Hi, I was playing Need for Speed Rivals this afternoon, and there was a car in there thats Russian, its by Marussia motors, i think its the b1, anyways it was cool, but when I made a research about it unfortunately it turned out that Marussia Motors went bankrupt just early this year, thats too bad, since it seemed like the company was doing well but then suddenly it got broke, I wonder what is the future prospect for the Russian automotive industry?

The Company went bankrupt ,even thought the cars were all sold.. so it was a bad management the problem ,combined with being dependent of UK business..and UK gov being a hostile nation..to Russia. The chance of success of Marussia in business was next to zero . Marussia was a perfect example of Good product ,were politics can ruin things. I think they owners of MArussia could continue the project with more funding but it was very risky with the way politics is today with the west.. On your question of future of Russia car industry.. Most MArussia workers were hired by the Government Business... according to wikipedia.

SO it looks like the Russian government will finance directly the racing cars industry too.. it will make sense after spending so much in their Sochi Formula grand prix.. I will not be surprised in 2-3 years to see a new "Marussia" car in Russia under a different brand.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:48 pm

sepheronx wrote:Marussia was barely Russian as their plant was in Finland. That said, it was trying to be Farrari. Prospects so far for automotive is cheap automobiles will triumph while luxury will be low demand. So far, Avtovaz will be increasing production by 20% next year and Japanese brands excluding Toyota will not be raising Russia prices. Jaguar and Landrover is limiting to excluding sales to Russia temporarly (screw you Tata motors) but the rest are staying.

I wonder if some Russian brand like UAZ or Zil (previously done) will try to get into the cheaper luxury market? I can imagine there is a lot willing to buy a cheaper but more luxurious car than a Lada Vesta...

I though Marussia's plant was in Moscow?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Before dying out, they opened their plant in Finland. Dunno what happened to their moscow plant.

Hopefully Zil will go back into market with Volga brand. Those cars were beautiful.
    Regular
    Regular

Russian Auto Industry - Page 4 Empty Problem with Marussia was that it focused on pseudo super car.

Post  Regular Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:39 am

Problem with Marussia was that it focused on pseudo super car.
    Instead they should have make "Volkswagen", targeting broader spectrum of customers.
    Hell they are not bound to EU emission regulations, Russia should make big ass na engines
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Russian Auto Industry - Page 4 Empty Hi, I was playing Need for Speed Rivals this afternoon, and there was a car in there thats Russian

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:15 pm

Regular wrote:Problem with Marussia was that it focused on pseudo super car.
    Instead they should have make "Volkswagen", targeting broader spectrum of customers.
    Hell they are not bound to EU emission regulations, Russia should make big ass na engines

I think the winning combination would of been something in the middle: a stylish affordable sports car, where the chassis has the great looks of sports car, but at a reasonable price around $35-40,000 USD, but with scaled back performance. So instead of a super car with 800-1000hp, they could scale that down to 300-350hp, and if the customer wants more than the local dealership's body shop could add performance corresponding with cost, at the customer's whim. They could have sporty SUV's, relatively affordable luxury cars, high performance sports motorcycles and they could still offer super car's to the wealthier Russian citizens for additional optional revenue.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:16 pm

AvtoVaz to Release Test Batch of New 'Vesta' Model Next Week
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:36 pm

Mike E wrote:
    They weren't selling well... Too expensive and too little costumers.

It isn't that small, but it probably could be extended.

The Volga was retired for that very reason, it was getting old.

The information i have seen is contradict that...
    Actually what i read is that Marussia cars SOLD OUT in just few months their 500 cars they planned to make..
    SO sales was not the problem..   it probably have to do with something else..   I think it was more conflict
    between the share holders , i think UK had a lot to do with that.. but also the problems the formula car of marussia
    that faced that bankrupt the company..  Last info i saw is that the Russians engineers who build marussia were now recruited by Russian Government owned company and or project they have.. but no idea what is..  So it is possible
    we will see racing cars being done by a Russian owned company.. or maybe what they will do is something something different.. whatever it is.. Marussia russian team is not jobless and got very fast hired by the government
    for their skills..and im sure their talent will not be put for the benefit of the Russian government business.

is really sad the company went bankrupt.. because the Marussia V2 was the most amazing racing car ,
    i have seen.. looks like Batman mobile pirat    and will have bought one in no time if had the money for it..
    I know is not the faster car in the world and probably not in the top 10.. but for me is the prettiest more
    amazing car ever..

look at this thing.. ? who can deny is freaking awesome sexy and futuristic beast?
    Looks like a car more a future super heroes movie.. the tires however needs more work..to impress like
    the car .

Russian Auto Industry - Page 4 Marussia_by_attila_le_ain-d5mqpml
    AbsoluteZero
    AbsoluteZero

Post  AbsoluteZero Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:25 am

some not so good news about Russia's car industry, if its true, I hope the situation improves soon

http://rbth.com/business/2015/02/23/plunging_car_sales_leave_russias_auto_industry_running_on_empty_43917.html

Plunging car sales leave Russia’s auto industry running on empty

Results for 2014 show that Russia’s auto industry has been thrown into crisis by the devaluation of the ruble, with a drastic fall in car sales registered over the past year as Russians’ relative income has decreased and production costs have risen. According to observers, the situation is so critical that it is threatening the work of foreign producers in Russia, some of which have already announced a halt in production.

Russia’s car industry is facing drastic cuts in production as the devaluation of the ruble and inflation hit both consumers and manufacturers in the pocket, with statistics for 2014 showing a dramatic plunge in car sales against a backdrop of rising costs.
    According to the Federal State Statistics Service (Rosstat), production of light cars in Russia in January 2015 decreased by 45 percent in comparison to December 2014, and by 26 percent in comparison to January 2014.
    In turn, according to the Association of European Business, car sales in January 2015 also fell by about 25 percent in Russia.
    Analysts for PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) say that in 2014 Russia's car market was determined by the complex macroeconomic situation in the country and the significant fall of the ruble. As a result, according to PwC statistics, sales of light cars in Russia (excluding LCVs) in 2014 declined by 10.1 percent to 2.3 million units.
    Furthermore, the other BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) also experienced declines in car sales, except for China. At the same time, the developed markets in America, Europe and Japan showed a positive trend.
    A complex situation
    The fall in demand has already had an impact on producers. In the middle of February the Renault factory was closed for three weeks due to the lack of demand for cars.
    In turn, the General Motors Corporation decided to suspend production at its plant in St. Petersburg from March 23 to May 15, even though in the beginning of October 2014 the enterprise had cut production to a single shift. Ford Sollers has also announced that it is ready to halt production in Russia.
    "The situation in the car market is rather complicated, and in the near future we can expect a series of distributors to close," says Alexander Zilberman, project director at FinExpertise.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:03 am

AbsoluteZero wrote:some not so good news about Russia's car industry, if its true, I hope the situation improves soon

http://rbth.com/business/2015/02/23/plunging_car_sales_leave_russias_auto_industry_running_on_empty_43917.html

Results for 2014 show that Russia’s auto industry has been thrown into crisis by the devaluation of the ruble, with a drastic fall in car sales registered over the past year as Russians’ relative income has decreased and production costs have risen. According to observers, the situation is so critical that it is threatening the work of foreign producers in Russia, some of which have already announced a halt in production.

Russia’s car industry is facing drastic cuts in production as the devaluation of the ruble and inflation hit both consumers and manufacturers in the pocket, with statistics for 2014 showing a dramatic plunge in car sales against a backdrop of rising costs.
    According to the Federal State Statistics Service (Rosstat), production of light cars in Russia in January 2015 decreased by 45 percent in comparison to December 2014, and by 26 percent in comparison to January 2014.
    In turn, according to the Association of European Business, car sales in January 2015 also fell by about 25 percent in Russia.
    Analysts for PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) say that in 2014 Russia's car market was determined by the complex macroeconomic situation in the country and the significant fall of the ruble. As a result, according to PwC statistics, sales of light cars in Russia (excluding LCVs) in 2014 declined by 10.1 percent to 2.3 million units.
    Furthermore, the other BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) also experienced declines in car sales, except for China. At the same time, the developed markets in America, Europe and Japan showed a positive trend.
    A complex situation
    The fall in demand has already had an impact on producers. In the middle of February the Renault factory was closed for three weeks due to the lack of demand for cars.
    In turn, the General Motors Corporation decided to suspend production at its plant in St. Petersburg from March 23 to May 15, even though in the beginning of October 2014 the enterprise had cut production to a single shift. Ford Sollers has also announced that it is ready to halt production in Russia.
    "The situation in the car market is rather complicated, and in the near future we can expect a series of distributors to close," says Alexander Zilberman, project director at FinExpertise.

In my view this is a one time transition due to the ruble devaluation and not the beginning of the collapse of the Russian automobile industry.
    The only relevant number is year to year since there is an annual cycle in many economic activities. So the 25% drop reflects the part of
    this industry that involved imports. Almost by definition the gap will be filled by domestic production. Consumers are either going to have
    to save more money or settle for "less". C'est la vie.

Russian Auto Industry - Page 4 Pbg6LRmwWkM

Anyway, Avtovaz seems to be getting its act together in terms of new models so the drop in Lada sales is likely due to people waiting for
    the new models to hit the dealership floors:

Russian Auto Industry - Page 4 JMubNfOByY8
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:28 am

Avtovaz is increasing production by 40% this year as sales of the lada granta and kalina are still best in Russian car sales. Add in the Vesa being introduced this year.

I think we are in trouble with car sales as well in Canada. This is where problems arive as car production is always like that or complete bust (see detroit). Overproduction is a real problem as well. Nissan and I believe mitsubishi said they wont increase prices in Russia, so their profit margine will take a hit. But some others dont want to lose the same profit margine.

Volkswagen also opened a plant in Russia to produce engines. Bigfest losers so far in this has been Toyota, Ford and GM so far, and possibly mercedes, but they indulge more in Kamaz. Sollers itself will be taking a hit as they are main manufacturer of western vehicles but have Russian models to fall back on. Avtovaz was best performing for Russia. Technically, even avtovaz isnt Russian anymore either as they are owned by Nissan-Renault collaberation and all vehicles in Russia are foreign owned but made in their country. While recently Iran has up their production on vehicles due to high local demand thanks to their ability to be all home built. Russia will eventually face this as more local producers start making parts internally, as most producers, even sollers, are simply assembly plants.

Last edited by sepheronx on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:41 am; edited 2 times in total
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:19 am

Talking of car industry:

Manturov: metallurgists and automakers have reached a compromise on prices

Russian car market could fall by 35% in 2015
    Russian car market may fall by 25-35% by the end of 2015, predicts PricewaterhouseCoopers in Russia. According to optimistic forecasts, this year in Russia it will be sold 1 million 750 thousand passenger cars (-25%), the baseline scenario assumes the reduction by 35% to 1, 520,000 vehicles. At the same time the largest drop at the end of 2015 will be shown by imports of foreign cars - by 48-55%. Sales of foreign cars of Russian production will fall by 23-33%. And car sales of domestic brands can be reduced by 10%, or even show a 5% increase.

"2014 was a difficult and controversial enough for the automotive industry. In this regard, market support from the state has the particular importance. The prolongation of successful program of parc renovation for 2015 will support the market, but the allocated funds will be enough, probably, for several months. In order to mitigate the drop in sales, it is advisable to consider the possibility of resuming of the program of preferential car loans or assistance of banks that are operating with car loans. Other possible measures to help car market may be initiatives aimed at the reduction of vehicle tax, the use of maternity capital for the purchase of vehicles, increase of public procurement of vehicles, produced in Russia. According to our estimates, if the market support will be provided in sufficient volume, a decline in sales for the year could reach 20-25%, otherwise it can grow exponentially to 35%,"- said the director of practice in providing services to companies of automotive industry PwC in Russia, Sergey Litvinenko.

I read in another article that the biggest hit is actually the high interest rates and thus it is harder to obtain a loan for a vehicle in Russia at reasonable rates. This is of course fault of the CBR and they should be forced to lower the interest rate or at least the government step in and start providing car loans at their own rates through a credit union of their own.

I wonder, are there credit unions in Russia? Do they fall under the laws of the banking system? Because if private entities in Russia in 2008/2009 were able to provide loans to people at 5% interest when interest rates were 15%, then technically the government can do the same, no?

Also, can someone please find data on car production/sales of January 2009 compared to now? Only figure I could find was from 2013. But from my understanding, the 2008/9 crisis had the hardest effect on the automobile industry in Russia, and it seems they are selling more now than in 2009.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:40 pm

kvs wrote:
    AbsoluteZero wrote:some not so good news about Russia's car industry, if its true, I hope the situation improves soon

A complex situation

In my view this is a one time transition due to the ruble devaluation and not the beginning of the collapse of the Russian automobile industry.
    The only relevant number is year to year since there is an annual cycle in many economic activities.   So the 25% drop reflects the part of
    this industry that involved imports.   Almost by definition the gap will be filled by domestic production.   Consumers are either going to have
    to save more money or settle for "less".   C'est la vie.  

Russian Auto Industry - Page 4 Pbg6LRmwWkM

Anyway, Avtovaz seems to be getting its act together in terms of new models so the drop in Lada sales is likely due to people waiting for
    the new models to hit the dealership floors:

Russian Auto Industry - Page 4 JMubNfOByY8

kvs,

I voted for your post because of the sales figures of vehicles during January.
    Can you please indicate the source where you got the table from?

By the way, some of the biggest losers are the US makers: GM (Chevrolet and Opel) and Ford
    Hurting the US automakers without placing sanctions Cool
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:51 pm

Well, it stated in the link I provided in last post stated biggest losers have been the foreign automakers who just assemble in Russia and that so far, the ones with the higher sales are newer cheaper models (datson or whatever it is called) and localized producer of parts for automobiles, like avtovaz. It alsp states that they (the localized proucers) may grow this year and direct imported vehicles are crashing hard, next to the foreign made in Russia assembly.

I imagine that GreatWall vehicles that will be built in Russia will do well as they will be cheaper and I heard that majority of parts will be localized production.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Siberian shoe company signed a cooperation agreement with the French company Decathlon

So it appears that my last comment prior to about vehicles, of the lenta article about clothingwear in Russia and how hard it would be to localize production due to high startup costs; seems a French company has contracted a Russian company to make shoes for Russian market, so production is being localized. Guess the Lenta.ru article was trash then. Shame, hard to find a good news site these days.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:41 pm

TheArmenian wrote:
    kvs,

By the way, some of the biggest losers are the US makers: GM (Chevrolet and Opel) and Ford

Thanks.

I found the graph via another forum it's from the Association of European Businesses:

http://aebrus.ru/upload/iblock/4d5/eng_car-sales-in-january-2015.pdf
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:12 pm

kvs wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:
    kvs,

Thanks.

I found the graph via another forum it's from the Association of European Businesses:

By that graph, it appears that Avtovaz may get their wish of owning more than 40% of the Russian car market. That is what they said is their goal.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:03 am

sepheronx wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:
    kvs,

Thanks.

By that graph, it appears that Avtovaz may get their wish of owning more than 40% of the Russian car market.  That is what they said is their goal.

The clowns in NATO know that these sanctions are not hurting Russia, especially in the near term and not just the immediate shock effect.
    This is why they are escalating the conflict in Ukraine. They know they need war to destroy Russia's rise. These sick f*cks need to pay
    the ultimate price for such a policy.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian Auto Industry - Page 4 Empty Automotive industry in Russia

Post  sepheronx Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:17 am

kvs wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:
    kvs,

Thanks.

By that graph, it appears that Avtovaz may get their wish of owning more than 40% of the Russian car market.  That is what they said is their goal.

The clowns in NATO know that these sanctions are not hurting Russia, especially in the near term and not just the immediate shock effect.
    This is why they are escalating the conflict in Ukraine.  They know they need war to destroy Russia's rise.   These sick f*cks need to pay
    the ultimate price for such a policy.

What can be done besides open war? I would say that Russia is in a bad position over Ukraine and such. Pretty much, the west has fermented hate in the people of these regions. Only other thing is to say they dont want to play the game anymore and start calling all sales of their products in Rubles and start copying whatever tech the west sells, and offer it at a cheaper price, and start purchasing up foreign companies and then stripping them of their assets (like western companies did in Russia). Outside of that, there isn't anything else they can do. Maybe support any nation militarily and economically that is anti American.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:11 am

Russia's AVTOVAZ car manufacturer assembles LADA XRAY pilot prototype

SAMARA, April 21. /TASS/. Russian carmaker AVTOVAZ has assembled the pilot prototype of the LADA XRAY crossover, AVTOVAZ told TASS Tuesday.

"A pilot prototype of LADA XRAY has been assembled at AVTOVAZ. The car was personally inspected by carmaker president Bo Andersson. The assembled car will soon be sent to ride tests," an AVTOVAZ spokesman said.

The carmaker said it is preparing for LADA XRAY production ahead of schedule. "AVTOVAZ is organizing its work so as to start producing LADA XRAY on December 15, 2015," it said.

The LADA XRAY crossover utility vehicle makes part of the three most expected new car models by AVTOVAZ - LADA Vesta, LADA XRAY and LADA XRAY Cross.

The concept of the CUV was presented by AVTOVAZ at the Moscow International Automobile Salon in August 2012. The car was created under the supervision of AVTOVAZ chief designer Steve Mattin, who earlier was the designer of Mercedes-Benz and Volvo. According to Mattin, LADA XRAY is "the quintessence of the DNA of the new style LADA.".
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:01 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:Russia has a proud history of producing reliable working peoples cars and the only reason they have a bad reputation is because people only believe superficial luxury in western brand names because of propaganda.
    I had chance to fiddle with almost all Soviet "reliable" working people cars. Tell me more luxury in western brands like in Ford, VW, Seat, Skoda, Audi. What luxury do You see in them?
    Cause to be all honest Russian car industry still miles away from anything they produce. Even today.
    Soviet cars sucked, motorcycles on other hand were cool Smile
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:08 am

I'm only afraid that Chinese shit on 4 wheels will flood Russia now. Lada Vesta looks promising as cheap runabout, but it can drown in chinese crap if they will go for bigger factories.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:34 am

IMO, the success of the Chinese automobile industry is inevitable....there are already plenty of "Great Wall" utility trucks on the roads in Australia.

Ford, GM and Toyota are all closing shop by 2017 here
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:00 am

Regular wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:Russia has a proud history of producing reliable working peoples cars and the only reason they have a bad reputation is because people only believe superficial luxury in western brand names because of propaganda.
    I had chance to fiddle with almost all Soviet "reliable" working people cars. Tell me more luxury in western brands like in Ford, VW, Seat, Skoda, Audi. What luxury do You see in them?
    Cause to be all honest Russian car industry still miles away from anything they produce. Even today.
    Soviet cars sucked, motorcycles on other hand were cool Smile
    Agreed.
    Though I was sad to learn that Moskvitch closed. That car was a tank. Actually - that's what everyone called here it back in the day.
    I'm talking about the older stuff, not the effin' Aleko! That car was hideous!

The NIVA I always liked too. Even the old design still looked cool to me. Not to mention that its reliability is mythical even today.
    My brother in law told me he wants to buy one, and ditch his Renault Cangoo recently. It's a classic, the NIVA is.

----------------
    Edit: And the Volga. That thing was massive!
    Had an ex-girlfriend who's dad had one, wonder if he still has it... Would be great to restore one of those babies.

Last edited by macedonian on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:52 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding some color :))
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:11 am

The Moskvitch 2141 was actually my fav Russian car, even though the model was generally speaking a pile of crap.

Actually someone in my family as a gift got a "hand-made" 2141 way back in the day, was a pretty big deal.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:13 pm

I thought the new Lada Vesta looks really really good.
    The X-ray looks good too, and the interior looks an improvement on the concept one version.

With a patriotic local market of 145m people (and many more outside Fedn borders), and tech collaborations with others, I think this has a really good chance of success.
    Plus Russia is competitive in wage terms vs much of Europe and Asia. It just needs to strike the right balance between price, quality and appeal.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:01 pm