Russian Car Industry

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Russian Car Industry

Post  sepheronx on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:05 am

Neutrality wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:During corporate holiday AVTOVAZ upgraded the equipment

I clearly remember how RBK was creating hysteria out of this. Turns out they were actually modernizing their facility for the upcoming models.

A bunch of sites were hysterical about it. Finmarket.ru used to be a really good site but now they just simply post a lot of media with modified meanings. For instance, they complain about drop in production in the country, drop in retail sales, drop in this and that. But what they don't mention is that it is all compared to last year (before sanctions, counter sanctions, currency drop and oil crashing). But if you go through a month on month basis, retail, production, etc are increasing. Even they stated that the economy was so bad that avtovaz that they closed the plant for "holiday". Turns out, they were wrong.

Not surprising.

flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  flamming_python on Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:22 pm

sepheronx wrote:Guy can keep dreaming.

Since domestic made cars using majority to 100% domestic components was what was accounted as 90% of cars sold this year in Russia (and cheaper models), I find it highly unlikely that really expensive cars will ever gain traction again.

I too am awaiting for Zil's upcoming limo. Marussia is no longer existing. If the Zil works out great, they could release regular sedans with similar engine and components, which would make it cheaper over time, and still give the so called luxury.

AFAIK it's Sollers that's making it now, not ZiL which doesn't have the resources for new generation limo R&D and production

higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  higurashihougi on Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:36 am

3D render of Lada, may be ?

http://you-journal.ru/humor/foto/vzglyad-xishhnika-skorost-pantery?_utl_t=miCCCP

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:23 am

flamming_python wrote:

Since domestic made cars using majority to 100% domestic components was what was accounted as 90% of cars sold this year in Russia (and cheaper models), I find it highly unlikely that really expensive cars will ever gain traction again.

I too am awaiting for Zil's upcoming limo. Marussia is no longer existing. If the Zil works out great, they could release regular sedans with similar engine and components, which would make it cheaper over time, and still give the so called luxury.

AFAIK it's Sollers that's making it now, not ZiL which doesn't have the resources for new generation limo R&D and production

OK, understood.  Makes sense, since Sollers induction as a company, it grew rather large and quickly.  Hope to see a Sollers brand car someday, and that it is exported to various countries.  Heck, even just UAZ alone would make me happy.

higurashihougi wrote:3D render of Lada, may be ?

Probably fan made art. Although, I could see Lada eventually getting into the luxury market. But since Lada isn't really Russian anymore, I am hoping some other company like Sollers or UAZ decides to get into making luxury cars.

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:59 pm

''Weak Ruble Drives Russian Car Production Boom''

http://sputniknews.com/russia/20150826/1026213077.html

My favourite part:
    The plan to increase production for exports to wider markets is an unprecedented step for foreign car manufacturers based in Russia, where production has traditionally focused on the car market in Russia and the CIS.
    "Western Europe could be among the regions which import such budget cars. For example, when Renault developed the Romanian Dacia brand, in the beginning it was also supposed that these cars are only for developing countries, and now you can see them anywhere in the European Union," explained Morzheretto, who named the Volkswagen Polo sedan, which is produced only in Russia at the Volkswagen factory in Kaluga, as one such possible export.

And they thought food embargo was bad... lol1 russia

KomissarBojanchev
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:59 pm

flamming_python wrote:

If fucking spain which has far less experience, and in a massive crisis can still churn out millions if SEATs then I find it hard to believe neither ZIL, GAZ, UAZ has a penny to spare to create some middle class cars, volga preferably.

Anyway, this is how I think the Russian brands should be:

GAZ Volga- The usual trucks and cutting edge sedans of the Volga brand, basically the Russian Lexus

UAZ- Producer of both budget and luxury SUVs plus vans

VAZ- budget and middle class cars of all kinds in the Lada brand plus the niva jeep, also supercars

ZIL-  and luxury cars of all types, and middle class ones under the Moskvitch brand,  plus also Marussia supercars and presidential limousines which will just be a brand name

ZAZ(once Novorossiya is liberated)-Low class small family cars and budget sports cars under the Tavria brand

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Too many automotive companies. Far too many, even for a country like Russia.

I think it may be in their best interests to start merging some brands like UAZ and GAZ, while VAZ takes ZIL. Combined revenues will allow them to produce even better automobiles, and combined, could have a better chance of filling various countries with all types of products as there is 1 company involved in agreements rather than hald a dozen.

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:28 pm

Looks like Russia is going full 'Murrica! lol1 russia

"GAZ Group" produced a motorhome on the basis of "Gazelle Next''

http://www.zr.ru/content/news/808202-gruppa-gaz-podgotovila-avtodom-na-baze-gazeli-next/

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:30 pm

A camper to be percise. In Russia, besides maybe southern parts and locations near the black sea, is far too cold to live in one of those. Some young couple tried to do that here in Calgary, but froze to death during a winter snap.

Also, it is fug.... they should have just made the standard Gazell next and used as a trailer attachment. With having it merged together, it looks terrible and the color scheme of the cab should have been the same as the trailer part.

KomissarBojanchev
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  KomissarBojanchev on Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:10 pm

sepheronx wrote:Too many automotive companies. Far too many, even for a country like Russia.

I think it may be in their best interests to start merging some brands like UAZ and GAZ, while VAZ takes ZIL.  Combined revenues will allow them to produce even better automobiles, and combined, could have a better chance of filling various countries with all types of products as there is 1 company involved in agreements rather than hald a dozen.
    Way smaller Italy has FIAT, lamborghini, Lancia, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Bugatti

Japan has: Daihatsu, Suzuki, Honda,Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Nissan, Mazda

Russia has the same or more automotive potential than these countries so half a dozen companies shouldn't be excessive.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:11 pm

And now can you see why the automarket is always in trouble? Way too much over production.

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:42 pm

Lada Xray Concept 2 and Lada Vesta Concept

Svyatoslavich
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  Svyatoslavich on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:54 am

sepheronx wrote:A camper to be percise. In Russia, besides maybe southern parts and locations near the black sea, is far too cold to live in one of those. Some young couple tried to do that here in Calgary, but froze to death during a winter snap.
    Well, people can still use it in spring and summer, no?

Prince Darling
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Prince Darling on Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:21 am

cars look pretty good, front is a bit wild cat like.

would love to see some interior pictures

eehnie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  eehnie on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:24 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:If fucking spain which has far less experience, and in a massive crisis can still churn out millions if SEATs then I find it hard to believe neither ZIL, GAZ, UAZ has a penny to spare to create some middle class cars, volga preferably.

SEAT only survived until now because they had the support of a big group like Volkswagen. SEAT is a continuous headache for Volkswagen, who supports the continuous loses of the brand year after year. Slowly the factory that produced always the SEAT cars (located in Catalonia), begins to produce Audi cars. SEAT is becoming a one or two cars (basically Ibiza and Leon) brand (like Mini or Smart).

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:56 pm

Svyatoslavich wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:A camper to be percise. In Russia, besides maybe southern parts and locations near the black sea, is far too cold to live in one of those. Some young couple tried to do that here in Calgary, but froze to death during a winter snap.

Like I said, a camper. So yes, during spring/summer/fall kind of thing. For when people want to leave the cities/towns and go enjoy themselves near a lake and have a camp fire and what not. Not a bad idea of course, I just think the execution of it could have been way better (trailer rather than it being actual part of the vehicle).

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:20 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    Svyatoslavich wrote:

Like I said, a camper.  So yes, during spring/summer/fall kind of thing.  For when people want to leave the cities/towns and go enjoy themselves near a lake and have a camp fire and what not.  Not a bad idea of course, I just think the execution of it could have been way better (trailer rather than it being actual part of the vehicle).

Yes, but this approach keeps the cost down. Also, paint job is probably optional. Keep in mind that trailer culture in Russia and Europe is not as huge as in north America.

I really like how the whole thing looks but then again I am a euro trash myself... Laughing

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:57 pm

russia

''AvtoVAZ began production of the sports car of the Russian Lada Kalina NFR''

http://www.sdelanounas.ru/blogs/

207 km/h , 0-100 in 8.9s for 10000$. Illegal street racing for everyone!!! thumbsup

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:30 pm

I wonder what import laws are here. If it aint all bad for importing, I will purchase one.

Lada Kalinas and Grantas are of much better quality than before. Actually, they are probably avtovaz's best quality ones.

Edit: i must be pissing people off that I am losing rep like mad.

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:25 pm

sepheronx wrote:I wonder what import laws are here. If it aint all bad for importing, I will purchase one.

Lada Kalinas and Grantas are of much better quality than before. Actually, they are probably avtovaz's best quality ones.

I think we have a fresh crop of hater trolls who don't post much but downvote any sane member.

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:31 pm

sepheronx wrote:I wonder what import laws are here. If it aint all bad for importing, I will purchase one.

Had days like that myself...

I have upvoted you to right the injustice. russia thumbsup

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:42 pm

You guys are so sweet sunny

But yes, KVS, do you happen to know our import laws for automobiles?

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:58 am

sepheronx wrote:You guys are so sweet sunny

But yes, KVS, do you happen to know our import laws for automobiles?

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5048-eng.html

Looks like you are out of luck for new vehicles not manufactured in the USA. Of course, this regulation
    is total BS and designed to secure the market (aka racket) from unwanted competition. At one stage
    the USSR was exporting Ladas to Canada, so Avtovaz possibly could export again, but it likely has to face all sorts
    of hurdles that don't make it worthwhile.

Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Vann7 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:46 am

LADA Xray model..

looks awesome.. and is 4 x 4...

Anyone knows the price in dollar the car will be sold to the west?

Will love to have one.. in that save color.. looks dam good..and futuristic.

Neutrality
    Major
    Major

Post  Neutrality on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:08 am

Perhaps the biggest news of this year:

http://top.rbc.ru/business/03/09/2015/55e792339a794758617cbaa2

Ford will start building car engines (3 different variants of 1.6 liter) in Russia:

-First car company to start produce car engines domestically
    -Investment of 275 million dollars
    -95% automated
    -Creation of 200 jobs
    -Expected to produce 105,000 engines annually

And perhaps the best news of all is that the components for the engines will be 100% Russian. Yes, that means all the engine's details.

russia

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:09 pm

Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:09 pm