Post  George1 on Thu 13 Aug 2015, 01:29

Sudan Takes First Steps Toward BRICS Membership

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: B.R.I.C.S. Discussion

Post  Werewolf on Thu 13 Aug 2015, 21:04

George1 wrote:Sudan Takes First Steps Toward BRICS Membership

I would prefer Cuba, vietnam or Argentinia more.

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu 13 Aug 2015, 21:10

Werewolf wrote:
    George1 wrote:Sudan Takes First Steps Toward BRICS Membership

I would prefer Cuba, vietnam or Argentinia more.

Plus Sudan is supposedly sending weapons to the rebels in Syria...in other words fuck em!

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Fri 14 Aug 2015, 19:29

Indonesia Seeks to Expand Ties With BRICS - Ambassador to Russia

par far
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  par far on Tue 08 Sep 2015, 23:36

GarryB wrote:Better to find out now than later... especially when considering future relations regarding BRICSA...

Who is the A for? Can wait until they add another I and V.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Wed 09 Sep 2015, 04:45

Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa.

Would love to see a lot of other countries join... Indonesia, Singapore, Peru, Chile, Thailand, Malaysia, pretty much any country in Asia, africa, and central and south america... the more the better.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

BRICS Discussion thread

Post  sepheronx on Wed 09 Sep 2015, 06:03

GarryB wrote:Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa.

Would love to see a lot of other countries join... Indonesia, Singapore, Peru, Chile, Thailand, Malaysia, pretty much any country in Asia, africa, and central and south america...  the more the better.

It would just be BRICS then, as South Africa is being accounted as just the S.

The A would be Argentina if India's push for them to join becomes a success. Which I hope is the case (help Argentina get out of their mess as well as get another important country in the mix).

higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  higurashihougi on Wed 09 Sep 2015, 06:26

sepheronx wrote:
    GarryB wrote:Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa.

Would love to see a lot of other countries join... Indonesia, Singapore, Peru, Chile, Thailand, Malaysia, pretty much any country in Asia, africa, and central and south america...  the more the better.

It would just be BRICS then, as South Africa is being accounted as just the S.

The A would be Argentina if India's push for them to join becomes a success.  Which I hope is the case (help Argentina get out of their mess as well as get another important country in the mix).

Actually I am praying for Vietnam to be qualified to join them......

Had to re-educate the 10% anti-Russia first, though. attack

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Wed 09 Sep 2015, 19:25

Iran, Cuba and North Korea,Syria against discrimination of independent nations, together against hegemony of decadency worlds!

BRICSICKS

чики брики Very Happy

Vladimir79
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

Post  Vladimir79 on Thu 10 Sep 2015, 00:07

I think anything BRICS related should be put on hold until we get our economic difficulties sorted out. China was supposed to be the backbone of this but they are proving too unstable to back anything right now.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Thu 10 Sep 2015, 13:50

Sudan Eyes BRICS Observer Status to Prevent Western Dominance

Sudan plans to obtain observer status in the group of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa in order to decrease Western dominance over global financial institutions.

CAIRO (Sputnik) – Sudan is seeking observer status in the BRICS group of emerging economies to reduce Western dominance over global financial institutions, the republic’s foreign minister told Sputnik.

"Sudan submitted a request to participate in the activities of the BRICS as an observer, because membership in the group is currently limited," Ibrahim Ghandour said.

Ghandour, who spoke with Sputnik ahead of trilateral talks with the South Sudanese and Russian foreign ministers, said Khartoum also hopes to cooperate with BRICS through its New Development Bank.

"We hope this group will be open, allowing it to become a major global economic union," he underscored.

The Sudanese diplomat is expected to join talks with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and their South Sudanese counterpart Barnaba Marial Benjamin, at Russia’s invitation, in Moscow on Wednesday. The talks are scheduled to conclude on Friday.

Ghandour said the request to attain observer status in the BRICS group was a reaction to the "form of economic intervention" on the part of Western countries through international financial institutions.

"Therefore, Sudan supports any initiative that would eliminate any such dominance individually or collectively," Ghandour stressed.

In August, Sudanese Finance Ministry Undersecretary Abdel-Rahman Dirar told Sputnik that Khartoum was taking initial steps to join BRICS, which includes Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150909/1026768758.html#ixzz3lKrrfGiE

higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  higurashihougi on Thu 10 Sep 2015, 14:17

Oh so Sudan publicly expresses its desire to decrease of Western influence ? Dunno if the West may plan a Maidan here or not.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Thu 10 Sep 2015, 14:24

higurashihougi wrote:Oh so Sudan publicly expresses its desire to decrease of Western influence ? Dunno if the West may plan a Maidan here or not.

Sudan always had bad relations with West and was more close to Russia and China

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu 10 Sep 2015, 17:46

Pretty much. There has been sanctions on Sudan for a long time already.

Sudan has potential but I am not sure about its position really. Although, Russia could very well take advantage of its position and work close with Sudan in building relations; economic and military.

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Thu 10 Sep 2015, 18:38

Sudan and South Sudan are still in a civil war among themselves.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Thu 10 Sep 2015, 19:36

max steel wrote:Sudan and South Sudan are still in a civil war among themselves.

Who was the main benefiter and promoter of african genocide and turmoils and absolute medial blackouts about the african genocides with US(P)AID financed crisis, genocide and back up of the south sudan regime and their little warlords?

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu 10 Sep 2015, 20:21

Werewolf wrote:
    max steel wrote:Sudan and South Sudan are still in a civil war among themselves.

Who was the main benefiter and promoter of african genocide and turmoils and absolute medial blackouts about the african genocides with US(P)AID financed crisis, genocide and back up of the south sudan regime and their little warlords?

It's amazing how the West advocated the partition of Sudan, a plan the British had since the 1800's. So they made the fake nation of South Sudan to end the conflict, only for a new civil war to start in South Sudan... Rolling Eyes...The Western logic strikes again! Oh BTW South Sudan has an amazing negative 33% GDP growth rates, oh what prosperity! Rolling Eyes

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Sat 12 Sep 2015, 14:18

BRICSA? Argentina Asks Brazil to Promote Its Access to Five-Member Group

Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner has reportedly asked Brazil's former president to support her country's bid for BRICS membership.

During a recent meeting with former Brazilian leader Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Argentina's President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner asked him to help her country join the BRICS group, which currently includes Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa, media reports said.

According to the agency Prensa Latina, Kirchner's statement, which was made earlier this week, came amid the ongoing election campaign of Daniel Scioli, Argentina's presidential candidate from the ruling Frente para la Victoria (Front for Victory) party.

Lula da Silva backs Scioli, who is expected to become Kirchner's successor given that Argentine law prevents her from running for a third term.

Notably, the issue of Argentina's possible entry in BRICS was on the agenda of last year's BRICS summit in the Brazilian city of Fortaleza, where Kirchner met with Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping.

At the time, experts argued that it was too early to speak of Argentina entering BRICS because the country was in a state of technical default due to the refusal by a number of hedge funds to accept the restructuring of Buenos Aires's public debt.

On Thursday, however, the UN General Assembly approved a new non-binding resolution aimed at creating a new legal framework for restructuring national debt. The resolution sets nine principles for restructuring national debt, urging debtors and creditors "to act in good faith and with cooperative spirit."

According to Argentina's media, the decision indicates the United Nations' intent to help protect Argentina and other countries from so-called "vulture funds".

Whereas the four original BRICS nations are ranked by the United Nations and IMF as being among the world's ten largest economies in terms of nominal GDP, South Africa ranks 33rd, far below Argentina. However, South Africa controls key mineral resources.

Meanwhile, Sudan has signaled its readiness to act as an observer state within BRICS, which has significantly increased its international clout in the past couple of years.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/latam/20150912/1026913924/argentina-brics-brazil-access.html#ixzz3lWfu5DzK

Svyatoslavich
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  Svyatoslavich on Sat 12 Sep 2015, 15:50

I haven't made any kind of search on this topic, but don't you think that perhaps BRICS is suffering a kind of finantial attack? First it was Russia last year; then China recently; and now Brazil. It happened equally in these three countries: investors running away, rating agencies downgrading their notes, stocks plummeting and the currency suffering a sudden devaluation. Will India be next?

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Sat 12 Sep 2015, 15:54

Svyatoslavich wrote:I haven't made any kind of search on this topic, but don't you think that perhaps BRICS is suffering a kind of finantial attack? First it was Russia last year; then China recently; and now Brazil. It happened equally in these three countries: investors running away, rating agencies downgrading their notes, stocks plummeting and the currency suffering a sudden devaluation. Will India be next?

Yeap.

Much like what is happened with and happening with both Argentina and Venezuela as well.

As long as they divert away from the big bad wolf (US) and start working together (BRICS nations and any nation wanting to work with them like Sudan, Iran, Argentina, etc), they can deal with any blow. As well, a rating agency based upon the BRICS bank should be ideal as well.

Svyatoslavich
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  Svyatoslavich on Sat 12 Sep 2015, 17:49

[quote="sepheronx"]
    Svyatoslavich wrote:Much like what is happened with and happening with both Argentina and Venezuela as well.
    With this I disagree. Argentina and Venezuela really got screwed up by themselves with an extremely poor political economy, mismanaged the extra income they got when commodities were at a very high prize, and started facing problems even before the prizes lowered. China, Russia and Brazil are completely different cases, countries with huge reserves and strong industrial policies (differently from Argentina and Venezuela, which were expecting oil and soy prizes would keep at extremely high levels and didn't care much about developing their industrial sectors).

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Sat 12 Sep 2015, 17:56

Svyatoslavich wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Svyatoslavich wrote:Much like what is happened with and happening with both Argentina and Venezuela as well.
    With this I disagree. Argentina and Venezuela really got screwed up by themselves with an extremely poor political economy, mismanaged the extra income they got when commodities were at a very high prize, and started facing problems even before the prizes lowered. China, Russia and  Brazil are completely different cases, countries with huge reserves and strong industrial policies (differently from Argentina and Venezuela, which were expecting oil and soy prizes would keep at extremely high levels and didn't care much about developing their industrial sectors).

Maybe Argentina, but Venezuela seems to be another case altogether. A mixture of mismanagement and US taking advantage of that situation and instigating problems (recent video leakage of opposition trying to create a false flag to create situation to overthrow Madruo as example).

I really hope that Russia and China pushes to help both Argentina and Venezuela get out of their messes and steer them towards BRICS. Doing so will greatly benefit everyone but USA.

par far
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  par far on Sat 12 Sep 2015, 20:56

sepheronx wrote:
    Svyatoslavich wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    With this I disagree. Argentina and Venezuela really got screwed up by themselves with an extremely poor political economy, mismanaged the extra income they got when commodities were at a very high prize, and started facing problems even before the prizes lowered. China, Russia and  Brazil are completely different cases, countries with huge reserves and strong industrial policies (differently from Argentina and Venezuela, which were expecting oil and soy prizes would keep at extremely high levels and didn't care much about developing their industrial sectors).

Maybe Argentina, but Venezuela seems to be another case altogether.  A mixture of mismanagement and US taking advantage of that situation and instigating problems (recent video leakage of opposition trying to create a false flag to create situation to overthrow Madruo as example).

I really hope that Russia and China pushes to help both Argentina and Venezuela get out of their messes and steer them towards BRICS.  Doing so will greatly benefit everyone but USA.

This needs to happen right away.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Thu 14 Jan 2016, 14:00

BRICS member-states contribute first $750 mln to New Development Bank

Paid up capital is expected to total $10 bln and is to be paid through 7 tranches, while subscribed capital will total $40 bln

SHANGHAI, January 14. /TASS/. All five member-states of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) made their first contributions worth a total of $750 mln to the capital of the New Development Bank BRICS (NDB BRICS), the financial institution reported on Thursday.
    According to the report, the tranches to the bank’s capital were paid in accordance with the agreement on its formation signed in July 2015 at BRICS summit in Ufa.
    The contribution to the bank’s capital stock is made through paid up capital, which is directly transferred to NDB, and subscribed capital, which shareholders provide in case it’s needed.
    Paid up capital is the key asset for the development bank, the report said. It is expected to total $10 bln to be paid through 7 tranches. Subscribed capital will total $40 bln.
    The New Development Bank BRICS, formerly referred to as the BRICS Development Bank, is a multilateral development bank operated by the BRICS states as an alternative to the existing US-dominated World Bank and International Monetary Fund. The financialinstitution headquartered in China’s Shanghai, is set up to foster greater financial and development cooperation among the five emerging markets.

More:
    http://tass.ru/en/economy/849570

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Mon 15 Feb 2016, 16:56

BRICS countries understand importance of creating energy union — Russian diplomat

BRICS countries are developing a number of new economic partnership projects

MOSCOW, February 15. /TASS/. BRICS countries start to understand that they cannot allow monopoly of Western structures in the sphere of energy, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov told Rossiya 24 TV channel on Friday.

Answering a question on whether it is possible to create an energy union in the framework of BRICS, Ryabkov noted that "understanding that this is necessary gradually sets in," but time is required to implement this.

"Talking about BRICS energy association, the reference to the situation with payments in national currencies is probably relevant - all of this should grow ripe. We will not be able to artificially speed up some kind of process, but understanding is gradually setting in among BRICS countries that we should not allow monopoly of the West and structures servicing West’s interests in this sphere," the diplomat added.

BRICS countries developing new economic projects

According to the diplomat, BRICS countries are developing a number of new economic partnership projects.

"There are two well-known examples (of cooperation within BRICS - TASS), meaning formation of the BRICS infrastructure bank to upgrade all our countries’ infrastructure in various sectors and a currency reserve pool, which enables to borrow funds from partners within BRICS for macroeconomic benefits," he said.

"Besides, we have a number of BRICS joint projects coming soon, which are being developed in accordance with the economic partnership strategy approved in Ufa. We have a huge number of frameworks for talks in security sector, meaning space, counterterrorism efforts, transport safety, protection of our transport companies from piracy and others," Ryabkov said.

On Monday, India is taking over BRICS presidency from Russia.

Payments in national currencies to secure BRICS economies from US, EU voluntarism

Ryabkov also stressed that payments in national currencies will secure the economies of BRICS states from voluntary approaches of the United States and the European Union.

"Obviously [payments in national currencies will increase - TASS]. We witness great virtues in those payment schemes so that the BRICS states could secure their economies, economic operators from voluntary approaches of the US, the EU and others," he said.

"However BRICS is not a military barrack, not a framework forcing anyone to join those projects under compulsion," deputy minister said. "The development logics will point other participants toward the need to diversify forms of settlement. All BRICS members admit its necessity and reasonability," he added.

The official pointed out that Russia’s presidency in the BRICS group this year has shown that Russia "has raised the stakes" in international affairs.

"Russia, of course, has raised the stakes in international affairs," the diplomat said. "It is even more evident that all that nonsense suggesting that Russia is in some sort of isolation has been destroyed."

"I think this is a good result of the [BRICS] summit in Ufa," he said.

BRICS, an informal association of five fast-developing countries - Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa - was founded in June 2006. Its first official summit was held in June 2009 in Yekaterinburg. Since then BRICS summits are held every year in the participating countries alternately. The latest summit was held on July 8-9 last year in Ufa.

More:
    http://tass.ru/en/economy/856759

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 15:29

Current date/time is Mon 05 Dec 2016, 15:29