Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+29
limb
diabetus
Podlodka77
ALAMO
lancelot
Isos
TMA1
lyle6
Big_Gazza
kvs
mnztr
Hole
PhSt
The-thing-next-door
eehnie
MMBR
Benya
franco
Cyberspec
Werewolf
Regular
George1
collegeboy16
magnumcromagnon
d_taddei2
KomissarBojanchev
GarryB
Zivo
AZZKIKR
33 posters

2S4 Tyulpan and 2S7 Pion

Mir
    Mir

2S4 Tyulpan and 2S7 Pion - Page 7 Empty Re: 2S4 Tyulpan and 2S7 Pion

Post  Mir Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:22 am

@Limbo

...and according to Lostarmour how many 2S7's did the Russians loose in the SMO so far? Probably all of them!  Laughing

The 2S7 is a divisional artillery piece and were never produced in great numbers like the 2S1 or 2S3, but Russia has adequate numbers in stock.

Chech and Poland had 13 between them - so perhaps 10 2s7's reached Ukraine?

GarryB, Sprut-B, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Robert.V

Post  Robert.V Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:02 pm

Mir wrote:@Limbo

The 2S7 is a divisional artillery piece

It's not.  2S7 were Front level assets,  part of the high command and not division

2S7 were however organized into artillery  division as part of  Heavy/high powered artillery brigade.  Which consisted of  2 or more battalions of 2S7.  Each battalion consisted out of 3,  2S7 batteries.   And each battery having 4 guns.

GarryB, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:58 pm

At the end of the day it doesn't matter where they are categorized as long as they achieve destroying the target. I highly doubt Ukrainian troops care when they have 240mm or 203mm shells landing on top of their positions.

We know they have been used in Ukraine just wish we had more footage of them hitting the targets.

GarryB, psg, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

limb

Post  limb Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:45 pm

Belisarius wrote:
    Are russian MoD provided videos of M777 and krab destruction better resolution, outside of lancets?

And how the M777/Krab destruction videos released by the Russian mod, in any resolution, has anything to do with me criticizing you for talking shit about Russian crews based on a video where there is nothing to indicate who is being attacked or who is the attacker?

Oh so youre claiming the ukrainians somehow found and stole  NEVER UPLOADED russian drone footage of the destruction of ukrainian 2S7s, and just added a timestamp to it? jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor
    Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:25 pm

Oh so youre claiming the ukrainians somehow found and stole NEVER UPLOADED russian drone footage of the destruction of ukrainian 2S7s, and just added a timestamp to it?

I'll tell you a curious fact, last year in their first attempt to retake Snake Island, the Ukrainians published a video made by the Bayraktar drone where a Russian helicopter was shown being blown up, however that video had two problems.
    First, the model of that helicopter is also used by the AFU. Second, upon disembarking from the helicopter the crew immediately takes up firing positions around the heli, which is something one would only expect from a force operating in hostile territory, considering that Snake Island was controlled by Russia at that time only a Ukrainian force would act that way.
    In summary, Ukraine used footage taken by their own drone, showing their own heli being blown up by Russia, and they tried to pass it off as Russian equipment being destroyed by Ukraine.

This simple straightforward fact completely trashes your last comment, but that's not all.

With a year and a half of war and thousands of footage published it is impossible to determine if a footage has already been published or not, unless of course it is very famous, but that is not the case here. So your claim that this footage was never uploaded is just guessword.

And I didn't claim anything, I just questioned what your question (post n°148) has to do with my previous comment (post n°139), the reality is that you made a pretty pathetic attempt to divert attention to the fact that you you can't counterargue, let alone admit, that you've given a moronic critique of Russian crews based on poor evidence.

GarryB, Robert.V, d_taddei2, Rodion_Romanovic, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:49 am

The nazis have the resources of the entire west working for them trying to turn defeat into the appearance of resistance and success... we even saw that with US government released video of their drone getting fuel spray on it by Russian Flankers, but they weren't even honest about that because they edited in a piece of video from a completely different drone to claim the Flanker had hit the drone and damaged its propeller, which presumably would require a direct impact or contact with the aircraft on the drone except the video they spliced on was a different drone with no markings on the propeller.

That is not some accident or mistake... someone searched for suitable footage and added that to the original video to try to frame the Russians for some made up wrong doing to fit their little fairy tale.

This was the US government that did that.

The US government and other western governments have a legion of trolls doing their bidding... it would not surprise me if half the phone calls I get to tell me I have not paid my internet bill and they are going to cut me off unless I give them my credit card details right now were earning money for the CIA... do you think they wouldn't fake a video showing a Ukrainian vehicle getting destroyed pretending it was Russian?

Not saying it was certainly fake but it is very much the sort of thing they would do... more importantly I don't doubt Russia has probably lost some, but I am also certain that Kiev has lost rather more of them which makes the destruction of Orc vehicles easier to find videos of.

They might have even seen their own vehicles getting taken out... just because your drone sees it happen does not mean you can do anything to stop it, so you keep the recording and blur it up a bit... maybe put a fake Z or V on it and then release it as Russians getting killed... the west will love it... and no social media company will ban you for showing Russians getting killed.

The Russian companies are more interested in the truth than winning fake made up successes, and western companies... well fake successes seems to be all they have...

Broski and Belisarius like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:07 am

Not only the west.
    Czechoslovakia, first of all.
    Czech part of it to be precise.
    It was an industrial hub of a whole Austro-Hungarian empire, with an extremely modern heavy / military industry.
    Skoda factories in Pilzen were so advanced, that could produce 305mm naval guns - a thing that only a few countries in the world were capable off.
    It was one of the world's biggest arms production hubs.
    Sep 38-Aug 39 they produced more weapons there rather than the entire British military industry combined.
    I have visited that facility, as it is a part of VAG concern now. Still impresses.
    And that is just an example.

Belisarius likes this post

limb

Post  limb Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:48 am

Belisarius wrote:
    Oh so youre claiming the ukrainians somehow found and stole  NEVER UPLOADED russian drone footage of the destruction of ukrainian 2S7s, and just added a timestamp to it?

I'll tell you a curious fact, last year in their first attempt to retake Snake Island, the Ukrainians published a video made by the Bayraktar drone where a Russian helicopter was shown being blown up, however that video had two problems.
    First, the model of that helicopter is also used by the AFU. Second, upon disembarking from the helicopter the crew immediately takes up firing positions around the heli, which is something one would only expect from a force operating in hostile territory, considering that Snake Island was controlled by Russia at that time only a Ukrainian force would act that way.
    In summary, Ukraine used footage taken by their own drone, showing their own heli being blown up by Russia, and they tried to pass it off as Russian equipment being destroyed by Ukraine.

This simple straightforward fact completely trashes your last comment, but that's not all.

With a year and a half of war and thousands of footage published it is impossible to determine if a footage has already been published or not, unless of course it is very famous, but that is not the case here. So your claim that this footage was never uploaded is just guessword.

And I didn't claim anything, I just questioned what your question (post n°148) has to do with my previous comment (post n°139), the reality is that you made a pretty pathetic attempt to divert attention to the fact that you you can't counterargue, let alone admit, that you've given a moronic critique of Russian crews based on poor evidence.
    Ok, expert. Are those ukrainian uragans being destroyed? Did a ukrainian drone fly on purpose above ukrianian uragans being destroyed in order for the ukrainians to label them as russian?

zardof likes this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:55 am

1- Uragan is also operated by Ukraine.
    2- The video is of low resolution and it is not possible to see any Z or V painted on the vehicles.
    3- The author of this post on Twitter claims that the weapon used in the attack is a GMRLS, there is absolutely nothing in the video that allows identifying what type of weapon was used.
    4- I have already shown here an occasion where Ukrainians show footage, taken by their own drones, of their equipment being destroyed by Russia and then pass it off as if it were Russian equipment being destroyed by Ukraine, hence your skepticism about Ukrainians drones  filming the destruction of their own equipment is unjustified.
    5- Drones do not have battery with unlimited charge, therefore they have to constantly go back and forth between the front and the rear and eventually pas above his own allied units.
    6- How do you know this footage is not taken by a Russian drone? How do you know if this footage has not been published before?
    You simply ignore my previous point, that after a year and a half of war and thousands of footages published it is impossible to determine if a video has already been published or not.
    7-The author of this Twitter post also claims that this incident is taking place in Zaporizhzhia, but has not provided any coordinates that geocalize this location as being in Zaporizhzhia.

GarryB, zardof, Hole and Broski like this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:22 pm

Those are Russian Uragans alright. I can see the toblerones.

Probably got ambushed en route to their firing positions to rapidly re-seed the minefields.

But I wouldn't be gloating either.

Because to bait those Uragans out the Ukrainians only had to lose a couple armored columns and manually deplete the minefields with their bodies.

A winning tactic if I ever see one.

GarryB likes this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:18 pm

What do you mean by "toblerones"?
    TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:39 am

Toblerones were formerly delicious chocolate bars that had segments shaped like cute pyramids. They changed the formula imo and they certainly changed the shapes and are fake and gay now.

Also horseshoe theory is real. I cannot tell the difference between nafo "fellas" and slav doomers anymore! scratch
    lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:20 am

Belisarius wrote:What do you mean by "toblerones"?
    I was referring to the concrete square pyramid shaped tank obstacles - the one they call dragon's teèth. Razz

As if dragons are real and people have seen their teeth.

Mir likes this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:50 am

I noticed the dragon's teeth at the beginning of the video, this could indicate that at least the vehicle in the first part of the video belongs to Russia, but that's something we can't say about the vehicles in the second part of the video which appears to be set in a location totally different.
    Anyway it was using the same kind of poor footage, posted by Limb here, that Oryx was able to come up with the figure of 1900 Russian MBTs lost at the same time that Mediazone was unable to find the names of over 600 Russian tank crews lost in the war Very Happy

GarryB likes this post

limb

Post  limb Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:45 pm

Belisarius wrote:I noticed the dragon's teeth at the beginning of the video, this could indicate that at least the vehicle in the first part of the video belongs to Russia, but that's something we can't say about the vehicles in the second part of the video which appears to be set in a location totally different.
    Anyway it was using the same kind of poor footage, posted by Limb here, that Oryx was able to come up with the figure of 1900 Russian MBTs lost at the same time that Mediazone was unable to find the names of over 600 Russian tank crews lost in the war Very Happy
    2 more 2S7s pions and 2S5 giatsint Ss were destroyed this week by excalibers. So much for russian corps level artillery being competent.

Russian will need to build 2 more 2S7s and giatsints, which will be lost again because theyre trash at shoot and scoot.

Also multiple EW complexes were destroyed, including the Leer. Sounds like they failed at jamming this shitty ukrainian drone.

diabetus likes this post

diabetus

Post  diabetus Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:00 am

But you'll have people saying it's fine jamming has made Excalibur and GMLRS useless, lol.
    lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:54 am

Multiply by 10 and you get Ukraine's losses lol Razz

No one said the Russians are perfect.

But on balance your side eats a metric ton more shit so I'm still happy Razz

PhSt, Mir and Belisarius like this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:24 am

As per usual, the NATO Dog propagandists follow the same playbook over and over again. In this case, NATO Dog number 1 exaggerates Russian losses and even resorts to cheap insults to cope with the enormous loss of NATO Pig equipment. Then NATO Dog number 2 joins the discussion to complement the previous poster. Laughing

Both Ukrainian and NATO Dogs are dying every day and this is what matters at the moment. Sooner or later all of Ukraine will be liberated and absorbed into Russia. Then the Baltic Chihuahuas and Findogs will be next in line for liberation. attack

TMA1, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:44 am

2 more 2S7s pions and 2S5 giatsint Ss were destroyed this week by excalibers.

Leaving aside your alleged ability to
    identify an object moving at hundreds of meters per second in 144p resolution video, let's talk about the new video posted by you.

The first Giatsint does not show anything that would allow us to identify it as Russian or Ukrainian.

The first Pion has a Z on the side, so obviously this is a Russian vehicle, however the Ukrainian attack missed and failed to destroy the vehicle or even harm the crew who were able to run away.

The R-325U hidden in the trees, Ukraine misses twice, at best he takes minimal damage from shrapnel.

The second Pion appears covered with a camouflage net and among hidden trees with nothing to allow us to identify him as being Russian or Ukrainian, then the video cuts and now, from a long distance, we can see him in the open being hit, but again nothing visible that would allow us to identify him as being Russian or Ukrainian.

The second Giatsint also appears covered by a camouflage net and hidden among trees, but it is questionable if the vehicle is really the Giatsint, let alone if it belongs to Russia or Ukraine.

The Leyer first appears moving along a road and then hidden among trees, Ukraine fails to hit it twice.

The first P-18, which is also operated by Ukraine, appears only with the antenna exposed and the vehicle covered, so it is not possible to know if it belongs to Russia or Ukraine, whoever attacked it failed to score a
    direct hit.

The Kasta2E2 radar also appears with only the antenna exposed, with many Soviet radars having similarly designed antennas and the vehicle covered it is difficult to say if it is really the Kasta or any other radar from the Soviet era that both sides use, anyway whoever attacked him failed to hit him directly.

The second P-18 has no visible V or Z or anything that would allow us to identify it as Russian or Ukrainian, and again whoever attacked it failed to hit it directly.

Limb you have been criticized for talking shit about Russia based on poor evidence, talking even more shit about Russia based on even more rubbish evidence is not going to make things better for you.

Russian will need to build 2 more 2S7s and giatsints, which will be lost again because theyre trash at shoot and scoot

Of the two Pions only one is proven
    Russian, and it was not even destroyed, the other Pion and the 2 Giatsint do not present anything that allows us to identify who it belongs to. So far the only things that turned out to be trash here were:
    -Your criticism of Russia.
    -The videos posted by you.
    -Your ability to counter argue.

Also multiple EW complexes were destroyed, including the Leer. Sounds like they failed at jamming this shitty ukrainian drone.

Multiple EW?! I only saw two and none of them were destroyed, in the worst case slightly damaged by shrapnel.
    And considering that even CNN is talking about thousands of Ukrainian drones being disabled by the Russian EW every month, one wonders how many flights this shitty Ukrainian drone made before being put out of action.

But you'll have people saying it's fine jamming has made Excalibur and GMLRS useless, lol.

Making them useless is certainly not going to happen, after all there is no system
    100% effective, but Russian EW has been good enough to make you pro-Ukrainians stick to shitty evidence, to show that western Wunderwaffen can do something on the battlefield...

Hole, PhSt, Mir and Broski like this post

limb dislikes this post

diabetus

Post  diabetus Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:23 am

lyle6 wrote:Multiply by 10 and you get Ukraine's losses lol Razz

No one said the Russians are perfect.

But on balance your side eats a metric ton more shit so I'm still happy Razz

Idk you come pretty close since you defend every decision they make no matter how silly they might be.
    lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:21 pm

Because the side I'm rooting for is moral and defensible in their aims.

Your side is unexcusable at all. Only ghoulish subhumans would support sending the Ukrainians to certain deaths in an unwinnable war just to get a clap back against the Russians.

Make no mistake you will pay your dues in time.

GarryB, Hole, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

diabetus

Post  diabetus Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:06 pm

lyle6 wrote:Because the side I'm rooting for is moral and defensible in their aims.

Your side is unexcusable at all. Only ghoulish subhumans would support sending the Ukrainians to certain deaths in an unwinnable war just to get a clap back against the Russians.

Make no mistake you will pay your dues in time.

That's a stupid reason for mindlessly defending terrible, wasteful decisions. What's my side?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:49 am

Idk you come pretty close since you defend every decision they make no matter how silly they might be.

He/we are not defending anything... western countries pretty much do what they please when they please and they are doing a hell of a lot of crap they get caught for with no consequences, but of course there will also be shit loads more bullshit they get away with every day... getting their slave countries to ban Huawei because it might be used by the Chinese government to spy on you, when it has been proven time and time again that all western companies in the industry are required to supply hacks for the US government to access all users private information without warning or judicial process. Likely the real reason they wanted Huawei products banned was because they couldn't hack them and with no back doors included for them by the company they were the greatest threat to peace and democracy on the planet because the US would not be able to illegally access and view their users information... of course they had to be banned and that company destroyed.

Of course they also tried to destroy Russia multiple times and that isn't working either.

That's a stupid reason for mindlessly defending terrible, wasteful decisions. What's my side?

He is not mindlessly defending Russia, but when you and your little group of nazis defend merica and the west in general for things that are even against their own principles... if they had any, he points that out to you, and because the US is criminally insane and is breaking its own rules of ethics and morals and principles all the time in every direction then it just seems like he is always defending Russia... when he is in fact pointing out that the US and the EU and HATO are evil who will kill millions of Iraqis and Syrians and Yemenis and Ukrainians... just to keep the price of oil low and the coffee trade working and so the lights stay on... the west couldn't give a shit about the sand niggers and the snow niggers... they are essentially doing to these people what they used to do with slaves... at one stage there were photos of white people in their sunday best clothes picnicking surrounded by the dead mutilated bodies of black slaves... that culture hasn't changed... but to be clear it was never about white and black or white and brown... black people owned slaves too... it was about money... slavery wasn't a white or a black thing... it was a rich and a poor thing. Poor people didn't have slaves.

But how could someone in the west possibly know that because their government and media are controlled by those very same rich people... and they got rich because they are ruthless soulless bastards... always have been.

Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

diabetus

Post  diabetus Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:25 am

What does all that word salad have to do with stupid military decisions that wastefully send Russian soldiers to their deaths?
    lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:24 am

Is that an expert opinion I hear? Because nobody can beat NATO when it comes to sending soldiers to die for absolutely nothing.  Razz

flamming_python, Mir and Belisarius like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:21 pm