Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
Isos
higurashihougi
william.boutros
marcellogo
dino00
Hole
LMFS
Batajnica
Jhonwick3
The-thing-next-door
kopyo-21
d_taddei2
jhelb
Big_Gazza
Cheetah
T-47
ATLASCUB
AmbiOpinion
PapaDragon
hoom
marat
Rmf
franco
miketheterrible
Benya
rambo54
x_54_u43
max steel
GunshipDemocracy
OminousSpudd
Book.
KRATOS1133
Viktor
sepheronx
Mike E
eridan
Indian Flanker
Werewolf
AlfaT8
sheytanelkebir
Deep Throat
Vann7
zino
zg18
magnumcromagnon
calripson
mack8
xeno
Morpheus Eberhardt
ali.a.r
Cyberspec
Karria
Hachimoto
KomissarBojanchev
Rpg type 7v
gaurav
collegeboy16
George1
Sujoy
Zivo
flamming_python
gloriousfatherland
Mindstorm
TR1
TheArmenian
Stealthflanker
IronsightSniper
GarryB
Admin
Austin
medo
Russian Patriot
76 posters

Pantsir-S1 News Thread:

Rpg type 7v

Pantsir-S1 News Thread: - Page 11 Empty Re: Pantsir-S1 News Thread:

Post  Rpg type 7v Mon May 06, 2013 2:29 pm

TR1 wrote:The system is beyond world class- name me a similar set, let alone for similar price!
    what is you estimation of the price per unit and you thinking about it?
    The truck itself cant be more then 100.000$. Missile booster is with exotic materials and rocket fuel plus the cold start unit total 20.000$ ,now second stage is radio command+ actuators +explosives . around 20.000$ also. so no more then 50.000$ per missile and package of 12 is 600.000 $. Stabilised turret is 100.000$ . Gunns 30.000$ a piece with ammo 50.000k, so total for that is then 1 mill $ .
    radars per unit cant be more then a 1 mill $ a piece. So that is 3 mill in total.
    (the kopyo -21 radar with 30km for 2m2 target 100kg 4kw peak power 2 target engaged simultanius )is simmilar and its price is
    Even with aditional electronics inside i cant see pantcir worth more then 5 mill $ with 1 more reserve package of missiles.
    Fact is it is limited and overpriced system with no fire and forget ability and lots of blind spots.
    We will see how the morfei very short range system will turn out to be.
    Rpg type 7v

Post  Rpg type 7v Mon May 06, 2013 3:13 pm

GarryB wrote:
    why not? saturation attack are quite normal thing against SAMs and part of the tactic , after you defeat it the rest of the army is yours, and with 1mill $ a piece use of cruise missiles is justified ,and not getting your personnel in the harms way ,it quite even makes economic sense against 15 mill $ short range SAM.

Cruise missiles often have programmed guidance systems that can have flight legs programmed into them to ensure each missile can arrive from a different direction at approximately the same time, but that assumes you know the precise coordinates of the Pantsir-S1 and that it doesn't move while the cruise missiles are flying into position, and that the missiles that come from "safe" directions survive flying over other enemy air defence positions. It also assumes the Pantsir-S1 is on its own... one or two assumptions are possible, but all of them applying at once is very very unlikely with any competent force.

Ok since it seems too much ill try to calculate interception times.
    So the search radar is actually more powerful and it can work indenpendently all the time so i guess the missiles will be detected a bit earlier then 10 km, giving crew time to prepare and constant info about missile current positions.
    Also few more things , pantcir missiles drop in speed on average 70m/s/s , internal dead zone of the missiles at must be taken into account of 1,2 km ,and guns cant be used during march .
    http://forumimage.ru/show/1667537
    4 missiles incoming:
    So from information we can see aiming radar will get lock on the cruise missile at about 10km., it also takes 1 second for radar to calculate the parameters of the target. which is now 9,7 km away. then missile is launched (2-probably) , it takes time accelerate and has a drop in speed of 70m/s , so for the average speed i cant take more than 0,9km/s although 1,2km/s is the max.
    So we can add speeds of target and the missile since they are on the same direction 0,9+0,3=1,2... 9,7/1,2= 8,1s to impact , at 7,3km.

3 targets left incoming at 300 m/s
    lets say it takes 1 second to confirm the kill ,1 sec to rotate the turret to the next target since search radar is giving good tracking data ,and 1 second for aiming radar to get a lock ,3 targets are now at 7,3 - 0,3* 3 = 6,4 km then pantcir fires missiles , this time ill give them 1 km/s on average 1+ 0,3= 1,3. .... 6,4km/ 1,3km/s = 4,9 s to impact at 4,9km.
    2 targets left:
    confirmation takes 1 sec ,turret rotates to the next target in 1 sec, and aiming radar get a lock in 1 sec . the targets now are 4km away.
    missiles are fired ill give 1,1 km/s average speed 1,1+0,3 =1,4. 4 / 1,4= 2,9 sec to impact at 3,2km .

1 target left: it is engaged at 2,3 km which is enough time for pantcir to destroy it just in time outside internal 1,2km missiles dead zone.
    1,2+0,3 =1,5 ....2,3km / 1,5 km/s = 1,54 s. at 1,85km.
    Good job, and with 4 missiles left.
    but the crew must be very well trained (fast) ,and cant afford a miss.
    it would take just 2 sec for the cruise missiles to get inside pantcirs dead zone and 6 sec to destroy it.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Mon May 06, 2013 3:49 pm

Rpg type 7v wrote:Well its quite easy -actually f-35s can stay around 30km away from the pantcir where the can use stealth so to stay undetected (and even if spotted from time to time it cant touch them anyway) , and lob off cruise missiles in a well coordinated attack.

Pantsir-S1 News Thread: - Page 11 7_f-35-joint-strike-missile-0612a

Pantsir-S1 News Thread: - Page 11 7_7_titled

1. Please go back and answer my question where I have asked you to tell me how do you plan to know where Pancir-S1 is before you

commence bombing procedure.

2. Its not quite easy actually and being 30km from Pancir-S1 would still get you shoot down. Not by Pancir, but by SAM higher ranked in

PVO exhelon.

3. Stealth? Depends on the state you are talking about. If you are referring about one 15 million $ Pancir-S1 system

being alone attack by 2 bin $ in airplanes and ELINT/ECM than it is obvious that it does not stand a chance. But Pancir-S1

is a real menace and nightmare for any western planer. It ability to quickly and reliable shoot down masses of PGM and

cruise missiles, helicopters and planes under severe ECM conditions and at the same being mobile and connected to everything else

makes its price a really non issue when building credible air defenses.

4. Let me ask you something. Why do you insist on just only Pancir-S1 scenario against all when thats the least possible scenario

of all.

5. You did not answer my questions. Please do.

Viktor wrote:

Rpg type 7v wrote:something thats inherently limited
    Rpg type 7v wrote:but it seems lacking in certain aspects
    Rpg type 7v wrote:Fact is it is limited
    Rpg type 7v wrote:and overpriced system
    Rpg type 7v wrote:and lots of blind spots

Care to explain?

Rpg type 7v wrote:with no fire and forget ability

So?

Every system and even fire and forget has its flaws and pluses.

Being fire and forget would make missile lock easily breakable under ECM conditions but would still require guidance until

missile lock to a target. Missiles would be more expensive to buy and operate.

I really dont understand why are you so against Pancir-S1 when it is the best and cheapest air defense in the world. Nothing like it

even exists.

medo
    medo

Post  medo Mon May 06, 2013 6:51 pm

Em from its emmisions ,you know it has to have a working search radar ,its not an aesa with its lpi mode. F-35 or uav-s eodas could confirm its heat signature its a big truck.
    I think there is no reason to blow that much money on short range system anyway ,something thats inherently limited should be simple cheap and fast ,for that money i am expecting it to be world class but it seems lacking in certain aspects.

Well its quite easy -actually f-35s can stay around 30km away from the pantcir where the can use stealth so to stay undetected (and even if spotted from time to time it cant touch them anyway) , and lob off cruise missiles in a well coordinated attack.

I think you are not very familiar with air defense. Having 1 Pantsir alone mean something go very wrong. The basic unit of Pantsir or any other SAM system is battery, not 1 vehicle. So basic unit of Pantsirs is battery, which consist of 6 fire vehicles and 1 command post. So 6 Pantsirs could easily cover 360° with their tracking radar without turning turrets. But this is not a point.

Battery of Pantsirs is integrated in IADS, so they don't need to emite with their radars. You say F-35 could be stealth 30 km away and attack Pantsirs with cruise missiles. Now let think about it. Let say Pantsir work stationary. Their data link with command post and higher level go via optical cables. They don't need to use their own electrogenerator, but use electricity from outside sources. They are masked in their position and use all means of false targets. In that case they are also stealth to F-35 as well, because they will not use radars, there will be no heat signature. They will get info of F-35 from other sources, specially from passive detecting capabilities. When in range, they will track F-35 with EO sights and fire missiles in optical mode. Don't forget, that before F-35 will come that close to Pantsir, it will have to come through range of S-400, S-300V4, Buk, Vityaz, Su-35, PAK-FA, etc. Even if F-35 come that close and launch cruise missile or HARM against them, Pantsir or Tor will shot missiles down.
    Rpg type 7v

Post  Rpg type 7v Mon May 06, 2013 7:00 pm

yes its a problem if more then 4-5-6 cruise missiles 1 mill $ a piece can destroy pantcir-s1-s2 worth 15 mill $.
    i have answered your questions even done analysis myself , to which you had no objections aswell , and you still claim it to be best in the world by itself, but then you have to bring s-400 buk etc. 4-5 more pvo systems for it to be effective.
    i am talking about pantcir on the move with rest of the army. and yes its turret seems to be very well stabilised , but i still dont have proof it can use its gunns so its missiles only.

buk maybe not able to cover pantcir defended area because its further away and of radar horizon problems for low altitude targets or mountain in between .
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Mon May 06, 2013 7:37 pm

Rpg type 7v wrote:yes its a problem if more then 4-5-6 cruise missiles 1 mill $ a piece can destroy pantcir-s1-s2 worth 15 mill $.
    i have answered your questions even done analysis myself , to which you had no objections aswell , and you still claim it to be best in the world by itself, but then you have to bring s-400 buk etc. 4-5 more pvo systems for it to be effective.
    i am talking about pantcir on the move with rest of the army. and yes its turret seems to be very well stabilised , but i still dont have proof it can use its gunns so its missiles only.

buk maybe not able to cover pantcir defended area because its further away and of radar horizon problems for low altitude targets or mountain in between .

Battery of Pantsirs could as well do themselves against F-35 without IADS. They will still be in passive mode with battery radar detecting targets and delivering them to fire vehicles. They could also work with radars on, because they could shot down antiradar missiles flying against them. 6 cruise missiles will not do much against battery, because they could simultaneously engage 24 targets and even if something comes through, they still have guns to shot them down. But when you talk about one country air defense, than it is not Pantsir only, S-400 only, Patriot only, etc, but whole IADS. Air defense always work in cluster. Russian ground forces also have their own IADS, which consist of S-300V, Buk, Tor, Tunguska, Pantsir,... They always work together and cover each others shadows and IADS is not only SAMs and AA guns, but much much more.
    Rpg type 7v

Post  Rpg type 7v Mon May 06, 2013 7:45 pm

pantcir IS advertised against planes helicopters uavs precision munnitions ,cruise missiles ,They advertise like that it not Me. So it better work . nothing is fair in war.
    ok but so what is the price of batery of pancirs?
    and its optical system is also very narrow and scanning limited it doesnt have 360 degree coverage.
    its not even russian -its french LOL !!!
    French Sagem MATIS LR midwave thermal imager with WFOV of 4.17° x 6.25°,
    and NFOV of 0.87° x 1.3°, with a 0.05 mrad angular track error;
    Acquisition performance: F-16 at 17 to 26 km; AGM-88 HARM at 13 to 15 km; cruise missiles at 11 to 14 km, and glidebombs at ~10 km;
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Mon May 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Rpg type 7v wrote:pantcir IS advertised against planes helicopters uavs precision munnitions ,cruise missiles ,They advertise like that it not Me. So it better work . nothing is fair in war.
    ok but so what is the price of batery of pancirs?
    and its optical system is also very narrow and scanning limited it doesnt have 360 degree coverage.
    French Sagem MATIS LR midwave thermal imager with WFOV of 4.17° x 6.25°,
    and NFOV of 0.87° x 1.3°, with a 0.05 mrad angular track error;
    Acquisition performance: F-16 at 17 to 26 km; AGM-88 HARM at 13 to 15 km; cruise missiles at 11 to 14 km, and glidebombs at ~10 km;

And? Russian produce french thermals by license, anything wrong with this?

You don't know why battery have command post and what delivery of targets mean? They are alerted through command post and search in given sector, not 360°. If they need to find it in wider angle, they will use search radar or tracking radar, specially against smaller targets.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Tue May 07, 2013 1:23 am

Rpg type 7v wrote:yes its a problem if more then 4-5-6 cruise missiles 1 mill $ a piece can destroy pantcir-s1-s2 worth 15 mill $.

Its not a problem because those cruise missiles are what Pancir-S1 is made for. With 6 of them coming and Pancir-S1 being able to

guide its missiles at 4 targets simultaneously under heavy ECM its no problem for him.

More to it it is more likely that F-35 could fall in the SAM trap made for F-35 and multiple 200 million $ planes

could get destroyed with just few 20 000 $ missiles.

Rpg type 7v wrote:i have answered your questions even done analysis myself , to which you had no objections aswell , and you still claim it to be best in the world by itself,

You did not answer any questions and yes Pancir-S1 is the best short range air defense system.

Rpg type 7v wrote: but then you have to bring s-400 buk etc. 4-5 more pvo systems for it to be effective.
    i am talking about pantcir on the move with rest of the army.

In Russian Army you have PVO-V. With "rest of the army" go at the same time S-300V4, BUK-M1/2, TOR-M1/2, Osa-AKM/ Tunguska/ Igla-S etc

Its all set in motion and not just the things mentioned but much more Very Happy

There is no situation where you will encounter single Pancir-S1 laying in the field haha its all integrated.

Rpg type 7v wrote:buk maybe not able to cover pantcir defended area because its further away

Where further away? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Yes I bet its laying down 2000 km in the back.

I bet you heard about layers. Well you have to thank Russians for inventing the multilayered air defense concept first being

implemented and tested with quite efficiency way back in 60ies with the introduction of ASRUK-1 command post who could

(in export version) control up to 8 divisions Very Happy .

Rpg type 7v wrote:and of radar horizon problems for low altitude targets or mountain in between .

What mountain?

Do you know what is required to do before you start placing your air defense? It is more likely that defenders will use mountains

for their own advantage Very Happy

Rpg type 7v wrote:pantcir IS advertised against planes helicopters uavs precision munnitions ,cruise missiles ,They advertise like that it not Me. So it better work . nothing is fair in war.

Russians take their air defense more seriously than any other nation on the Earth. Their testing is world class and if they say

that works I believe them.

Rpg type 7v wrote:ok but so what is the price of batery of pancirs?

Its cheap. Look at the price of one Patriot battery - you might get an heart attack.

LINK

Rpg type 7v wrote:and its optical system is also very narrow and scanning limited it doesnt have 360 degree coverage.

It does not need 360° coverage.

Rpg type 7v wrote:its not even russian -its french LOL !!!

What is funny?

Rpg type 7v wrote:Good job, and with 4 missiles left.

Have you heard of fully automatic work. You can basically drink a caffe outside the vehicle and watch the fireworks.

And still you have not answered to my questions.

Viktor wrote:

And how will that work - describe it to me. How will you catch emissions from Pancir-S1 and with what?

Do you intend to place one JSTARS above every country to catch and analyze radar signals or what?

And even if you do catch a signal and confirm thats a a Pancir-S1 what will you do next?

Do you intended to have sky covered with fighters right from the start so they can act immediately or send some cruise missiles or what?

Rpg type 7v

Post  Rpg type 7v Tue May 07, 2013 1:00 pm

you cant compare price of panttcirs with patriot , its a totally different thing , you have to compare pantcir with other short range airdefence systems , and patriot with s-300pmu or other... to each its own.
    its funny because french wont let you have ,even licence produce ,their best equipment for sure....
    so french air defense systems crotale etc. for certain have better quality electro-optical-infrared aperture then pantcir which puts them ahead of it!
    so french short range systems in passive mode are better then the russian.
    (i dont want to discuss radars for now.)
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue May 07, 2013 1:29 pm

Well its quite easy -actually f-35s can stay around 30km away from the pantcir where the can use stealth so to stay undetected (and even if spotted from time to time it cant touch them anyway) , and lob off cruise missiles in a well coordinated attack.

How does the F-35 know it is 30km away from Pantsir?
    How does it know whether there is a Pantsir-S1 directly below it for example? How does it know when it is or is not detected?

The fact of the matter is that the F-35 is not even in service yet and it doesn't even know if it is safe or not...

In a one on one engagement how many guided weapons can a single F-35 fire at a single Pantsir to try to destroy it?

Fact is it is limited and overpriced system with no fire and forget ability and lots of blind spots.
    We will see how the morfei very short range system will turn out to be.

Fire and forget is over rated. It is expensive and generally not very fool proof. Modern DIRCMs can dazzle even the most expensive IIR seeker, but a beam rider, or command guided missile is a much more difficult threat to defend yourself from.

Also few more things , pantcir missiles drop in speed on average 70m/s/s , internal dead zone of the missiles at must be taken into account of 1,2 km ,and guns cant be used during march .

No they don't, the second stage has a small sustainer, so the speed loss is not constant. It is very unlikely that targets would be engaged while moving except in an extreme emergency.

it takes time accelerate and has a drop in speed of 70m/s , so for the average speed i cant take more than 0,9km/s although 1,2km/s is the max.

1.3km/s is the top speed and it reaches that speed after about 1.0 second, so for the first second it can be considered to have covered 1.3km to the target and the 70m/s/s is an average over 20km, which means it is probably much less inside the first 10km than it is for the second 10km of its 20km range, which makes your numbers wrong.

Even the Tunguska in the early 1980s had "modes" of engagement from an almost manual mode to fully automatic... in fully automatic the crew would just need to give the system permission to fire with the highest threat target automatically selected and engaged.

it would take just 2 sec for the cruise missiles to get inside pantcirs dead zone and 6 sec to destroy it.

I believe you have forgotten the two twin barrel 30mm cannon spitting out 5,000rpm of 30 x 165mm cannon shells that puts the dead in the 2km dead zone around the Pantsir.

yes its a problem if more then 4-5-6 cruise missiles 1 mill $ a piece can destroy pantcir-s1-s2 worth 15 mill $.

Those 4-5-6 cruise missiles can also destroy the hangar the F-35 sits in and take out the runway it operates from, or the carrier it operates from.

and you still claim it to be best in the world by itself

I can claim it is the best in the world... launch a million cruise missiles at the US and they will simply not be able to stop all of them or even half of them... does that define them as weak? Does that mean they do not have the best military in the world?

I claim Pantsir-S1 as being the best short range air defence vehicle in the world, your own estimates show it can defend itself from simultaneous attack from 4 cruise missiles from four different directions at once. You can easily prove me wrong simply by telling what the best short range air defence system really is and put it into that scenario and prove it can also survive or even do a better job.

If you are thinking a system like SEA RAM might do better I think you are drunk because SEA RAM costs an enormous amount of money and has nothing like the range or missile speed of Pantsir so you will find it probably could not defend itself in the exact same scenario you are offering. And what else is there?

but then you have to bring s-400 buk etc. 4-5 more pvo systems for it to be effective.

Using the same logic there are no effective SAMs because the big ones are too expensive and small in number to defend themselves from sneaky low flying weapons, while the smaller systems that can deal with low flying weapons lack the range to engage the platforms so they will eventually run out of missiles, which will leave them vulnerable.

If we are talking about the Pantsir-S1 in the Army then we are talking about the tracked model, which can definitely fire guns and missiles on the move... though it would hardly ever do so... it will fire from short stops.

pantcir IS advertised against planes helicopters uavs precision munnitions ,cruise missiles ,They advertise like that it not Me. So it better work . nothing is fair in war.

Of course... buy one Pantsir-s1 vehicle and take on all of NATO... that is their claim... NOT.

Pantsir-S1 is designed to be cheap and effective against a range of targets. Its missiles have no guidance systems in them they are very cheap and simple... the rocket boosters they use are standard booster rockets used by sounding rockets for over 30 years.

Licence produced in Russia. Just like the main gun and armour of the US Abrams tank is a licence produced West German 120mm smooth bore gun, and licence produced British Dorchester armour.

Optical systems have a range of "zooms" with magnification levels variable allowing a quick search of a large area and zooming in on a target of interest. Low zoom for scanning for targets and high zoom for acquisition and ID and of course engagement.

Data from the IAD would allow the vehicles to look in the expected direction targets will appear, but software already exists that can scan a digital video image for "targets". The Shkval-M system of the Ka-50 and Su-25TM were doing that sort of thing in the early 1990s.

When I get back from work I will attempt a more detailed response, but someone really needs to understand what SHORAD means.

If you could get 100% defence perfection from any one vehicle you could name your price... 50 billion would not be expensive for such a vehicle that could defeat the west on its own.

Which one? Passive mode is only used when necessary. Most of the time one vehicle in the battery will use its radars to detect threats and pass data to the other vehicles in the battery. The location of one vehicle revealled gives accurate precise target information to all the other vehicles in the group and the IADs network. Any attempt to attack that single vehicle means that the vehicle can defend itself and the other 5 vehicles in the battery can also defend it.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Tue May 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Rpg type 7v wrote:you cant compare price of panttcirs with patriot , its a totally different thing , you have to compare pantcir with other short range airdefence systems , and patriot with s-300pmu or other... to each its own.

Yes you are right. Price of the Patriot can only be compared to the price of the Death Star. Very Happy

Rpg type 7v wrote:its funny because french wont let you have ,even licence produce ,their best equipment for sure....

its funny because french already gave them their best and licence production and as a matter of fact they are together now in the

business of development of the next generation.

Rpg type 7v wrote:so french air defense systems crotale etc. for certain have better quality electro-optical-infrared aperture then pantcir which puts them ahead of it!

It has much less range than the one mounted on the Pancir-S1. So what is it?

Rpg type 7v wrote:so french short range systems in passive mode are better then the russian.

So they are not better in the passive mode than the Russians. Now what?

Rpg type 7v wrote: (i dont want to discuss radars for now.)

Of course you don`t want to

- answer questions
    - reply to other people
    - talk about radar system .... and the list will go on

Let me ask you something. Why are you trolling?

medo
    medo

Post  medo Tue May 07, 2013 5:06 pm

its funny because french wont let you have ,even licence produce ,their best equipment for sure....
    so french air defense systems crotale etc. for certain have better quality electro-optical-infrared aperture then pantcir which puts them ahead of it!

Thermal imager is only one element in passive mode and is equal in capabilities as the one in Crotale-NG. French Crotale-NG is not better in passive mode than Pantsir, because Pantsir have longer range and higher speed for missiles plus guns and very short reaction time.
    Rpg type 7v

Post  Rpg type 7v Tue May 07, 2013 7:28 pm

can pantcir destroy its target(s) in completely passive mode without turning on its radar?
    that would be a good capability to have!

(no it cant ,i doesnt have fire and forget missiles)

Last edited by Rpg type 7v on Tue May 07, 2013 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rpg type 7v

Post  Rpg type 7v Tue May 07, 2013 7:33 pm

GarryB wrote:

How does it know whether there is a Pantsir-S1 directly below it for example? How does it know when it is or is not detected?

The fact of the matter is that the F-35 is not even in service yet and it doesn't even know if it is safe or not...

In a one on one engagement how many guided weapons can a single F-35 fire at a single Pantsir to try to destroy it?
    I already answered this , because the Pancir search radar is like illuminating and f-35 with less then 0,1m2 RCS is undetectable to it even at 20km... it also picks up emissions even earlier at 30-40-50 km and triangulates using its advanced RWR .
    Then EODAS can zoom in on the approximate area and pinpoint the pantcir truck.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Tue May 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Rpg type 7v wrote:can pantcir destroy its target(s) in completely passive mode without turning on its radar? that would be a good capability to have!

Yes it can. Using its optical channel.

When using fire and forget missiles you still need you radar (search and fire) turned on.
    Rpg type 7v

Post  Rpg type 7v Tue May 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Viktor wrote:
    - answer questions
    - reply to other people
    - talk about radar system .... and the list will go on

Let me ask you something. Why are you trolling?

i can talk about it later we can touch that subject. besides pesa is nothing special for such an overpriced severly lacking system. Infact pantcir has had a very troubled developmental path with several iterations untill it became what is it today. Even Russians make mistakes and have a few bastard children and dead end systems !

But still there is allot of things that need to improve (which would increase already bloated price tag)... why you defend something even you dont belive in is beyond me. the moment you start with personal insults you are the one losing the argument you are the defeated side. i talked about radars before we can continue after the analysys of thermal imagery.

I would like a link to your claim french and russian teams are working joint venture on next generation of thermal imagers. Tnx.

Last edited by Rpg type 7v on Tue May 07, 2013 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Rpg type 7v

Post  Rpg type 7v Tue May 07, 2013 7:41 pm

Viktor wrote:
    Rpg type 7v wrote:can pantcir destroy its target(s) in completely passive mode without turning on its radar? that would be a good capability to have!

Yes it can. Using its optical channel.

When using fire and forget missiles you still need you radar (search and fire) turned on.

so it cant Wink
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue May 07, 2013 8:02 pm

Rpg type 7v wrote:you cant compare price of panttcirs with patriot , its a totally different thing , you have to compare pantcir with other short range airdefence systems , and patriot with s-300pmu or other... to each its own.
    (i dont want to discuss radars for now.)

You are talking out of your ass.

Once again, go educate yourself on other SHORAD systems.
    Seriously, this is getting really really stupid.

Last edited by TR1 on Tue May 07, 2013 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue May 07, 2013 8:04 pm

Rpg type 7v wrote:can pantcir destroy its target(s) in completely passive mode without turning on its radar?
    that would be a good capability to have!

You understand the only weapons that can do that are heat homers, right?

Fire and forget missiles need to lock on to a target as well. If they have an active-seeker, on a missile the size of Pantsir's, their range would be laughable.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue May 07, 2013 8:07 pm

Rpg type 7v wrote:
    GarryB wrote:

I already answered this , because the Pancir search radar is like illuminating and f-35 with less then 0,1m2 RCS is undetectable to it even at 20km... it also picks up emissions even earlier at 30-40-50 km and triangulates using its advanced RWR .
    How is this relevant?
    Woo gave you the idea the point of the Pantsir is supposed to deny airspace for the F-35?
    And what fairy tales do you live in that the EOADS knows exactly where to scan for a small truck and lock on to it dozens of kilometers away with impunity? You understand how unlikely such a scenario is?

Good grief...
    Rpg type 7v

Post  Rpg type 7v Tue May 07, 2013 8:12 pm

Garry:
    -No they don't, the second stage has a small sustainer, so the speed loss is not constant. It is very unlikely that targets would be engaged while moving except in an extreme emergency.

-1.3km/s is the top speed and it reaches that speed after about 1.0 second, so for the first second it can be considered to have covered 1.3km to the target and the 70m/s/s is an average over 20km, which means it is probably much less inside the first 10km than it is for the second 10km of its 20km range, which makes your numbers wrong.

-------------------
    -I thnik you are wrong second stage is just explosives actuators proxy fuses and tail beacon. no sustainer !

-Drop off in speed is actually highest at 1,2 km/s separation, because of the higher drag you know ,then latter when the speed of the second stage drops.

-garry you make 2 very big mistakes!
    Rpg type 7v

Post  Rpg type 7v Tue May 07, 2013 8:14 pm

TR1 wrote:
    Rpg type 7v wrote:
    GarryB wrote:

How is this relevant?
    Woo gave you the idea the point of the Pantsir is supposed to deny airspace for the F-35?
    And what fairy tales do you live in that the EOADS knows exactly where to scan for a small truck and lock on to it dozens of kilometers away with impunity? You understand how unlikely such a scenario is?

Good grief...

Thats the whole point of SAM.
    Unlikely as it might be it is still possible.
    People die because of flawed systems.

Last edited by Rpg type 7v on Tue May 07, 2013 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue May 07, 2013 8:16 pm

Every source points to a sustainer engine in the 2nd stage.
    Rpg type 7v

Post  Rpg type 7v Tue May 07, 2013 8:17 pm

Really ??? Then give me your sources !
    Second stage sustainer rocket engine. plz.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:24 am