USC head: offered the fleet several options for the appearance of the nuclear destroyer "Leader"
Moscow. September 3rd. INTERFAX - The General Director of the United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC) Alexei Rakhmanov, in an interview with Interfax columnist Pavel Koryashkin, spoke about the construction of nuclear submarines, the repair of heavy cruisers, the prospects of the Leader destroyer and the equipping of ships with Zircon missiles.
- Alexey Lvovich, has USC completed the relocation of the main office to St. Petersburg? Is the final cost of the relocation already clear?
- The move ends. Most of the employees have already settled in the office on Vasilievsky Island. There will be another "wave" in the fall - when those who work with the state defense order will move to St. Petersburg - they need premises with special conditions that meet the requirements of preserving state secrets. Such conditions are now being created.
We will understand the final cost of relocation after several years, when both ad hoc and regular expenses, including those on business trips to Moscow, become obvious. We initially assumed that the total amount would be about 1.5 billion rubles.
- How do you assess the fulfillment of the state defense order by USC enterprises this year? How many warships and submarines are surrendered this year, how many next?
- In May, we handed over to the Navy the lead nuclear submarine with cruise missiles of the Yasen-M project - Kazan. This is the future of the Russian submarine fleet, and we expect that Yaseni will form a large series that will reliably protect not only the country's borders, but also its interests in the world arena.
The logistics support vessel Vsevolod Bobrov and the base minesweeper Georgy Kurbatov have just been handed over. And by the end of the year, our enterprises are completing the construction of four more ships and the repair of three.
Next year we will continue the construction of serial submarines of the Borey-A and Yasen-M projects, as well as start testing the nuclear submarines Krasnoyarsk and Generalissimo Suvorov.
- At what stage of work on new nuclear submarines - "Prince Oleg" and "Novosibirsk"? Are there plans to hand them over to the military this year?
- These ships are undergoing factory tests and are among those to be handed over this year.
- Many are closely following the fate of two heavy cruisers - the aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov and the nuclear-powered Admiral Nakhimov. What is the readiness of the ships now? What are the terms of their return to service?
- The progress of the repair of the heavy aircraft-carrying cruiser Admiral Kuznetsov is under the special control of the leadership of the Ministry of Defense, the Navy and the management of the corporation.
The main reason why Zvezdochka will not be able to deliver the aircraft-carrying cruiser in 2022 is the failure to repair the Kirov-Energomash - we are talking about the main turbo-gear units of the ship's power plant.
Currently, the work has been launched in full. The systems and mechanisms of the cruiser are being repaired, bulky equipment is purchased and loaded onto the ship, electrical work is performed. The ship is preparing for the second phase of the dock repairs in the summer of 2022.
The situation is similar for "Admiral Nakhimov", its repairs should be completed next year.
- In what year may the USC begin to transfer ships and submarines with Zircon hypersonic missiles to the military?
- The decision to equip our ships with this or that type of missile in any case remains with the Ministry of Defense. When such a decision is made, we will implement it.
- In 2019, you said that the USC was preparing for the start of the serial construction of the Leader nuclear destroyers. You recently announced that you are expecting a new technical assignment for the destroyers from the Ministry of Defense. Will these destroyers get to the new GPV?
- The issue of the construction of the Leader destroyers, as well as the formation of a new GPV, is in the exclusive jurisdiction of the Navy and the Ministry of Defense as a state customer. For their part, the USC enterprises completed the preliminary design and offered the fleet several options for the appearance of the ship.
Now the military department will have to decide how it sees a promising destroyer, if it considers it necessary for the fleet.
- When, in your estimation, will Russia start building large ships - cruisers, aircraft carriers? Will they be in the new GPV?
- It has already been said about the formation of the SAP. As for the ships of large dimensions, they are being built now. We can recall the large landing ships of project 11711 with improved characteristics (serial numbers 303 and 304), the rear support ships of the project 23120 Elbrus, as well as the Vsevolod Bobrov, which has just been handed over to the navy.
Finally, we have the frigates of the far sea zone 22350, which are a good illustration of the fact that new types of weapons allow the construction of ships with a high degree of saturation of weapons with a lower displacement.