Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
SolidarityWithRussia
walle83
mnrck
Ned86
bandit6
Sujoy
Regular
Kiko
Belisarius
Robert.V
Odin of Ossetia
lancelot
calripson
d_taddei2
mr_hd
Stealthflanker
Rodion_Romanovic
Dr.Snufflebug
franco
Werewolf
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
kvs
par far
owais.usmani
lyle6
SeigSoloyvov
Walther von Oldenburg
Broski
Arsenic
PhSt
ahmedfire
Mir
andalusia
Ispan
VARGR198
Isos
LMFS
0nillie0
auslander
Podlodka77
Azi
Tolstoy
mnztr
Arkanghelsk
AlfaT8
ludovicense
ALAMO
mavaff
AMCXXL
GunshipDemocracy
Airbornewolf
Hole
GarryB
billybatts91
famschopman
Arrow
Firebird
nomadski
Erk
zepia
wilhelm
crod
sepheronx
TMA1
Lapain
ucmvulcan
flamming_python
Backman
Tsavo Lion
thegopnik
Big_Gazza
zorobabel
PapaDragon
caveat emptor
JohninMK
ArgentinaGuard
DerWolf
limb
Scorpius
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

Post  sepheronx Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:10 am

I guarantee Chinese jets crash all the time, especially using their own engines.

Reporting it vs not iis a debate in itself. If word gets out of a crash and dead pilot, it looks bad. But I bet the testing facilities are far away from paying eyes.
    Backman
    Backman

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

Post  Backman Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:11 am

sepheronx wrote:I guarantee Chinese jets crash all the time, especially using their own engines.

Reporting it vs not iis a debate in itself. If word gets out  of a crash and dead pilot, it looks bad. But I bet the testing facilities are far away from paying eyes.

Totally agree. China probably has lots of wipeouts.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:15 am

Backman wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:I guarantee Chinese jets crash all the time, especially using their own engines.

Reporting it vs not iis a debate in itself. If word gets out  of a crash and dead pilot, it looks bad. But I bet the testing facilities are far away from paying eyes.

Totally agree. China probably has lots of wipeouts.

Different topic altogether but we seen their tanks how they failed, their drones, etc.

But a jet that never crashes usually means there is a problem and not being investigated or reported.

I wouldn't trust any system if it "never failed" in something. Otherwise when you do use it, and it fails, may be catastrophic
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:56 am

Backman wrote:Russia spent a lot of effort on strategic weapons. That are supposed to theoretically deter the US from doing insane shit. But it doesn't seem to work.

The US is more afraid of the localized consequences of war with Iran and war with N.Korea than they are about war with Russia. Oh no Soel is in artillery range. Oh no the strait of Hormuz will be shut. We never hear these kinds of concerns from them when the subject of war with Russia comes up. They are almost itching to get the war going.

War with Russia ? Nuclear bombs and hypersonic missiles ? No problem ! Shutter 80% of the gas going to our biggest ally ? No problem !

I think it is just the irrationality and extremism that is in the Anglo axis psyche about Russia. They just don't have these feelings towards North Koreans or Iranians.

Because they think that Russia is weak internally. That it's society will ultimately collapse and won't be able to mobilize like Iran or North Korea can.

Or maybe they've just invested so much into propaganda against Russia, that they've persuaded themselves of their own cliches and tropes

Anyway it doesn't matter. The military leadership on every side is smarter and will cool heads.
    And those strategic weapons are a big part of that.

crod, GarryB, Big_Gazza, auslander, zepia, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:14 am

flamming_python wrote:Because they think that Russia is weak internally. That it's society will ultimately collapse and won't be able to mobilize like Iran or North Korea can.

Or maybe they've just invested so much into propaganda against Russia, that they've persuaded themselves of their own cliches and tropes
    It's actually worse than that, they antagonize Russia so much because they know that Russia is a rational actor that actually contemplates the consequences of their actions beforehand. As explained in the RAND papers, they want to unbalance Russia economically, politically, socially, militarily and even spiritually (the Orthodox Church) in the hopes of causing the Russian Federation to collapse internally like the USSR and Yugoslavia did. They even speak of a limited nuclear war (most likely between Ukraine and Russia) to aid that goal. They're hoping that they can use the rules Russia lives by against it (strong respect for international law and contractual agreements) to collapse the state and divvy up the spoils between themselves.

The day that the US/EU/UK/NATO pushes Russia too far, I hope that Russia does the exact opposite of what the collective west wants it to do and strikes the decision making centers of the west as ruthlessly as possible since the only language these demonic people speak and respect is force & violence.

Last edited by Broski on Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, psg, Big_Gazza, kvs and Podlodka77 like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:22 am

JohninMK wrote:[
    No they haven't. They have been there since June when they replaced the 82nd Airborne. This is a fuss about nothing.
    This was a PR exercise to puff up the Dems and Biden ahead of the mid term elections in the US next month.

Precisely.
    And how much of Russia are our armchair strategists going to conquer with 5000 light mobile infantry? Yeah, I know - all of it.
    At the moment Russkie army groups in Kaliningrad and Belarus outnumber the NATO buildup in the area by some 3x factor.

GarryB, Hole and Mir like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:33 am

par far wrote:The Americans have just sent their 101st Airborne units to Romania and Poland.

What is the Russian equivalent of American 101st Airborne units? Does Russia have have anything, these are supposed to be the best American Troops.

Amazing question for someone with well over 3000 posts on russiadefence.net! Laughing

sepheronx, GarryB, George1, flamming_python, Werewolf, Regular, Airbornewolf and like this post

zepia
    zepia

Post  zepia Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:53 am

Backman wrote:Russia spent a lot of effort on strategic weapons. That are supposed to theoretically deter the US from doing insane shit. But it doesn't seem to work.

The US is more afraid of the localized consequences of war with Iran and war with N.Korea than they are about war with Russia. Oh no Soel is in artillery range. Oh no the strait of Hormuz will be shut. We never hear these kinds of concerns from them when the subject of war with Russia comes up. They are almost itching to get the war going.

War with Russia ? Nuclear bombs and hypersonic missiles ? No problem ! Shutter 80% of the gas going to our biggest ally ? No problem !

I think it is just the irrationality and extremism that is in the Anglo axis psyche about Russia. They just don't have these feelings towards North Koreans or Iranians.

I think it is the result of narratives they're spinning since the end of cold war.

When the Soviet gone. US elites were in need of new boogeyman to justify military spending and whatever.
    But they couldn't use Russia because they need to keep things in line with 'Russia is weak' narrative.
    (I still remember one of their propaganda around late '90s which is a news scoop about Russian soldiers whose so desperate and have to do a second job as a stripper.)
    So they portray minor threats as Iran or DPRK as a much bigger threat to American than they really are.

Fast forward to 30 years later. Kids of that time have been grown up with impression of 'Russia is weak' embed in their head.
    And the result are what you just described, in general public mind, going into war with Russia is of less problematic than going into war with Iran.

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, Walther von Oldenburg, auslander and like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:43 am

I still remember one of their propaganda around late '90s which is a news scoop about Russian soldiers whose so desperate and have to do a second job as a stripper.) So they portray minor threats as Iran or DPRK as a much bigger threat to American than they really are. wrote:

Russia in the 90s was weak. Admittedly, it had a nuclear arsenal after the USSR, but the country itself was very weak, including its armed forces. Over 20 years have passed and today Russia is a superpower again. In strategic nuclear and tactical weapons they have an advantage over the US for this they are a very strong economy.
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:09 am

That's an armor massacre .

i would prefere also to use more drones with precision ammunitions .

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, auslander, JohninMK, Sprut-B, Mir and Broski like this post

AMCXXL
    AMCXXL

Post  AMCXXL Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:06 pm

Another front near to explode in Serbia (Kosovo-Bosnia-Montenegro)

People in Montenegro with serbian / yugoslavian Montenegro flags and singing "happy to be SERBIAN born"

GarryB, ahmedfire, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, zepia, VARGR198 and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:40 pm

Nice account

Looks like even the Ukraine's intel chief is slapping some sense into the doomers cheers

GarryB, ahmedfire, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, Sprut-B, Mir and like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:45 pm

It is an warzone, shit happens....
    Pilot made it out uninjured and that is what counts.

RF SU-25 pilot safely ejects after hit by AA fire

CAS Support by RF SU-25 over Lisichansk

RF Airborne troops shell Ukrainian convoy

GarryB, franco, ahmedfire, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:55 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 13 Ff09bg10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 13 Ffuo-x10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 13 Scree486
    Drones coming out of their nest

GarryB, psg, Werewolf, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:55 pm

flamming_python wrote:Looks like even the Ukraine's intel chief is slapping some sense into the doomers cheers

Hopefully the Ukrops will ignore the odd plaintive call for rationality coming from within their misbegotten ranks and will instead plunge forwards on a mass offensive.

It would be a terrible shame if the Russian lads came along all dresse dup for a good face-stomping only for the bandera faggots to be a cowardly no-show Twisted Evil

GarryB, Werewolf, kvs, auslander, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:56 pm

In summary, Gonzalo thinks NATO is preparing to go for Belarus and/or western Ukraine.

Putin said no nukes in the Ukraine because Kiev has nothing that would justify the use of nukes... perfectly logical... nothing the Orcs could really do that would require or be solved by Russia using nuclear weapons...

Introducing HATO forces into the conflict in Ukraine or into Belarus would justify the use of nukes to stop and reverse any invasion.

So what? That would mean that all NATO countries can be attacked by Russia and Belarus.

In fact that would be fantastic because Russia could then declare a no fly zone over Poland and any other HATO country they please and then shoot down any transports bringing weapons to the Ukraine that way...

What is the Russian equivalent of American 101st Airborne units?

Airborne, so VDV but with a lot less armoured vehicles.

Also the West Ukraine is on the same Polish border and Russia cannot do anything there, besides these are Catholic and Russophilic areas that never belonged to Russia until after WWII

They could bomb it back to the stone age... Poland or HATO sending troops into Ukrainian territory brings HATO into the war and I doubt any HATO country except Poland is interested in that... and after the no fly zone over Poland is set up with SAMs I don't think they will like it much either.

In addition, Poland always wants to seize Belarus and have its "Greater Poland" or at least take the western part of Belarus (Grodno and Brest oblast), so this also further distances Kaliningrad from Russia, which is the real objective of the USA, that is to say expel russia from the Baltic Sea

The casualties for Poland just trying to take Kaliningrad will be horrendous and I don't think they would accept them the way they accept dead Orcs.

Belarus would likely end up taking Polish territory instead.

On the one hand, I would not write them like a bad check like I do anything in the Ukronazi army. They are well trained, well equipped, well led, professional killers so DO NOT TAKE THEM LIGHTLY. Now before you smash the dislike button and add me to your foes list there is another hand and here it is. . . .

What sort of fragment dodging skills do they have and have they perfected the elaborate dance of fighting without artillery support or air control while the enemy has such support?

But I hope we repent and God and our neighbors across the globe can forgive us.

You have to stop working for the devil first... taking orders from the 1% whose interests extend as far as making themselves more wealthy and NOTHING ELSE, is your problem... or should I say the worlds problem.

I have no doubt they could seize an objective, but their support would never arrive and they'd die to a man

Horribly vulnerably to artillery and air power.

With all due respect to the written words, because no sane person wants a nuclear war - I still disagree.

I have to agree... when the enemy has been escalating for 22 years and knows no other tactic... when sanctions fail that means your sanctions were weak so your next sanctions must be harder... not the obvious... hey sanctions are not working and all this BS is ruining our own economy too.

If the west thinks it can send troops into the Ukraine to seize parts then it might find that now it has joined the conflict that hypersonic missiles approaching Brussels and Washington with conventional warheads or perhaps even small nukes might be the "Back the **** off" message they have been ignoring all these years.

A bee uses its sting as a last resort because it dies when it uses it... but if no bees ever stung who would fear or respect bees.

(they could care less if it is fear or respect or both... if you keep out of their way they are harmless.)

They are well trained and equipped but no different to a VDV division; just smaller. They probably have less heavy weapons as well. But I'm not well-informed.

Not mechanised.

More helicopter mobile, which would make them horribly vulnerable to MANPADS and ATGMs.

I don't believe in covering up everything but if you can get away with it , why not. Like when the radar equipment got stolen out of the nuclear warning plane. It was a top secret plane. There was no reason to report it. It only just gets used against you in the media

Well actually it will get security boosted and it will likely get upgraded equipment funded because that stuff is now compromised...

Russia spent a lot of effort on strategic weapons. That are supposed to theoretically deter the US from doing insane shit. But it doesn't seem to work.

They haven't done anything yet, and when they do I rather suspect Zelensky will become expendable due to this new escalation... and such a thing would likely extend to oligarchs still in the country (likely zero) and any supporters or American owned politicians should all be on a hit list... or should I say a shit list... to eliminate at any opportunity.

And cut off gas supplies to Europe.

ahmedfire, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, Eugenio Argentina, Hole and Broski like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:56 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 13 Ffwns_10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 13 Ffwnxq10
    The reality behind Twitter
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 13 Ff0_w110

Last edited by Hole on Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, franco, ahmedfire, Werewolf, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:00 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 13 Ff1eca10
    This is the "reporter" from RT who had this outburst about killing "ukrainian" kids and so on. In 2014. In Küyjiew. A dirty bomb waiting to explode.

UPDATE:
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 13 Ff1cpq10
    No calm Monday for Nazis

sepheronx, ahmedfire, Werewolf, Airbornewolf, kvs, VARGR198, Sprut-B and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:08 pm

Thanks FP, been with him for years, Spinter keeps getting deleted, was waiting for him to reappear.

Sprinter Monitor
    @SprinterMonitor
    ·
    1h
    A modernized T-72M1R delivered from Poland with a KLW-1 ASTERIA thermal imaging sight and the Ukrainian army's Kontakt-1 dynamic protection installed on the streets of Bakhmut (Artyomovsk).

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 13 Ff0w4XIXgAAm-jN?format=jpg&name=small
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:09 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 13 Ff1ajk10
    Russian artillery, according to unnamed western experts  Laughing

GarryB, psg, flamming_python, Werewolf, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:11 pm

Hole wrote:
    The reality behind Twitter

you must be mistaken, Sze West Propaganda Machine Free unbiased media sais Ukraine is winning!.

I wanted to add the video of Propaganda pig, but Youtube flags it immediately as "undesired content" Razz

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 13 Captur14

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, Sprut-B, LMFS and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:17 pm

ahmedfire wrote:That's an armor massacre .

i would prefere also to use more drones with precision ammunitions .

That seems to be guided munitions guided by drone's laser.

I'm not sure about the name and the artillery piece but I would say it's 122mm Klitov shells.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:30 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:Looks like even the Ukraine's intel chief is slapping some sense into the doomers cheers

Hopefully the Ukrops will ignore the odd plaintive call for rationality coming from within their misbegotten ranks and will instead plunge forwards on a mass offensive.

It would be a terrible shame if the Russian lads came along all dresse dup for a good face-stomping only for the bandera faggots to be a cowardly no-show Twisted Evil

The Russian leadership knows well that those PR wins are invaluable for Zelensky.
    They're counting on greed winning out yet again, against the better judgement of the military brass.

GarryB, Big_Gazza and ucmvulcan like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:39 pm

I hope everyone brought their umbrellas, because there will be nuclear showers...

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:45 pm

kvs, Hole, Backman and Mir like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:31 am