Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+4
Kiko
zepia
George1
miketheterrible
8 posters

Cryptocurrencies - General Thread

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Cryptocurrencies - General Thread Empty Cryptocurrencies - General Thread

Post  miketheterrible Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:12 am

Since I believe that crypto is the future, I decided to get involved. Both in mining and in investments. I am wondering if anyone else here is invested into it and what they are holding and have interest in.

I'll start:
    I mine Ethereum and ZIL, and I purchase CRO, Raven and ADA. I stake both CRO and Cardano.
    George1
    George1

Cryptocurrencies - General Thread Empty El Salvador adopts bitcoin as a national currency

Post  George1 Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:53 am

wow

zepia
    zepia

Cryptocurrencies - General Thread Empty Re: Cryptocurrencies - General Thread

Post  zepia Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:59 pm

And it crashed, immediately -20% plunged and recovered to -10% in a few hours.

The president of El Salvador has implied that the elites are behind the crash.
    Sound convincing to me, what can spoil the party better than a price crash on day 1 of being a legal tender.

Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:58 pm

It's too many pricing ups & downs for comfort, based mainly on speculative patterns.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:24 am

Bitcoin is like Dutch tulips from the 1600s. It is not money it is a speculative item.

People rag on fiat as if it is the source of all problems. It is just a paper voucher of exchange that is not supposed to have any
    intrinsic value. Using gold sounds good until you give it some thought. As in the good old days centuries ago, gold coin
    will be cut from around the edges degrading the currency directly. It is also a finite pool that cannot be scaled with the
    economy. Printing fiat is justified from macroeconomic considerations. Assorted idiots always compare the economy to some
    corner convenience store. This comparison is retarded. Money is conserved only on the microeconomy scale.

Gold backed fiat advantage was that there was a penalty for Pancho Villa and quantitative easing style printing of money.
    It was not the gold.

Bitcoin fully depends on what the market prices it at. Fiat currency only changes "value" if it is overprinted. The foreign
    exchange rate is not relevant even though millions think it is a measure of the size of the economy of a country. This is
    partly correct only for import dependent banana republics.

El Salvador should have used bitcoin as a type of reserve asset like gold. The price of gold goes up and down. Bitcoin
    is not coin.

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:18 am

kvs wrote:Bitcoin is like Dutch tulips from the 1600s.   It is not money it is a speculative item.  

People rag on fiat as if it is the source of all problems.   It is just a paper voucher of exchange that is not supposed to have any
    intrinsic value.   Using gold sounds good until you give it some thought.   As in the good old days centuries ago, gold coin
    will be cut from around the edges degrading the currency directly.   It is also a finite pool that cannot be scaled with the
    economy.   Printing fiat is justified from macroeconomic considerations.   Assorted idiots always compare the economy to some
    corner convenience store.   This comparison is retarded.   Money is conserved only on the microeconomy scale.  

Gold backed fiat advantage was that there was a penalty for Pancho Villa and quantitative easing style printing of money.  
    It was not the gold.  

Bitcoin fully depends on what the market prices it at.   Fiat currency only changes "value" if it is overprinted.   The foreign
    exchange rate is not relevant even though millions think it is a measure of the size of the economy of a country.   This is
    partly correct only for import dependent banana republics.  

El Salvador should have used bitcoin as a type of reserve asset like gold.   The price of gold goes up and down.   Bitcoin
    is not coin.

Bitcoin is. Other coins like Ergo, Cardano, etc are smart contract based.
    calripson

Cryptocurrencies - General Thread Empty Any Crypto Experts?

Post  calripson Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:36 pm

I am thinking of investing in some long shot crypto. So far I have narrowed the field to $GRT, $Luna, $Link, and $Ocean. Programming and development is not my background however. Any insights??
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:22 pm

There is a hamster on YT proved to be quite effective, it might be a good path to follow:lol:
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:36 am

Some to keep an eye on: Algorand, ERGO, Cardano (ADA), Avalanche.

Ravencoin will be going through a halving in January which could see a rather good increase in value as same happened for various other coins in the past (BTC as example). Ergo because of its smart contracts and open source community driven blockchain. Algo is rather becoming popular, among with Nano, for fast and cheap transfer rates. Cardano (ADA) because its lower price and demand in poorer countries with the Cardano team working hard to promote it and recently working with chainlink.

I suggest watching this guy:
    https://www.coinbureau.com/videos/
    sundoesntrise

Post  sundoesntrise Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:09 am

Best advice is not too listen to goldbugs.

Nothing is annoying as a salty goldbug that has missed the boat and he's now projecting his lack of assessment onto you

As for the actual advice : don't do trading. Trading will get you burnt eventually, especially if you are a newcomer.

Don't do shitcoins either. Or only as 10-15 percent of your portfolio. Invest in ETH, BTC instead. Maybe DeFi on top of that. Put there, forgot about it for a year or so and then pick the fruit

Crypto will be the best inflation hedge so even if the numbers stay the same (which they won't) you'll still gain.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:45 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:34 pm