Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+8
Gomig-21
George1
calripson
Isos
PapaDragon
kvs
Big_Gazza
GarryB
12 posters

    Cuban Missile Crisis

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 29976
    Points : 30502
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  GarryB Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:16 am

    Remember Cuban Crisis? Russians and Americans pulled back their missiles but Russians agreed to keep American missiles being pulled back a secret because Americans demanded it

    They lost that one and afterwards Americans knew they Russians are scared of them

    First of all I think you will find that was the Soviets and not the Russians.

    Second the whole situation was created by US nuclear tipped Jupiter missiles in Turkey was enormously destabilising... the action by the Soviets was reciprocal and balanced and it was the Americans who flipped out and acted all irrational.

    The result was both parties removed their missiles, which is clearly a success for the Soviet Union... US demands to keep their withdrawal secret just proves it was a huge step down from the Americans... having jupiter missiles in Turkey ready to launch at the Soviet Union was an enormous advantage that they ended up having to give up completely... the Americans wanted it kept secret because it was basically totally humiliating for them... they blinked.... even at a time when they knew the missile gap and the bomber gap did exist but was in their favour by a wide margin... and they still caved like little girls.

    We are lucky they didn't follow the generals advice and try a landing because in addition to IRBMs... I seem to remember they were SS-5 Serbs or something, but they had hundreds of tactical nuclear armed FROG rockets that would have obliterated any naval force that tried to land there... relatively small dirty nukes too...
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 2649
    Points : 2649
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  Big_Gazza Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:21 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:Remember Cuban Crisis? Russians and Americans pulled back their missiles but Russians agreed to keep American missiles being pulled back a secret because Americans demanded it

    The US had to keep it secret as the missiles in Turkey were secret... IIRC even the US congress didn't know they had been deployed. It would have damaged their reputation to admit their duplicity, and the Soviets just wanted the missiles gone (and not replaced by more modern ones), they didn't give a fig about how the US regime managed info within its own ranks.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 10360
    Points : 10507
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  kvs Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:14 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    Remember Cuban Crisis? Russians and Americans pulled back their missiles but Russians agreed to keep American missiles being pulled back a secret because Americans demanded it

    They lost that one and afterwards Americans knew they Russians are scared of them

    First of all I think you will find that was the Soviets and not the Russians.

    Second the whole situation was created by US nuclear tipped Jupiter missiles in Turkey was enormously destabilising... the action by the Soviets was reciprocal and balanced and it was the Americans who flipped out and acted all irrational.

    The result was both parties removed their missiles, which is clearly a success for the Soviet Union... US demands to keep their withdrawal secret just proves it was a huge step down from the Americans... having jupiter missiles in Turkey ready to launch at the Soviet Union was an enormous advantage that they ended up having to give up completely... the Americans wanted it kept secret because it was basically totally humiliating for them... they blinked.... even at a time when they knew the missile gap and the bomber gap did exist but was in their favour by a wide margin... and they still caved like little girls.

    We are lucky they didn't follow the generals advice and try a landing because in addition to IRBMs... I seem to remember they were SS-5 Serbs or something, but they had hundreds of tactical nuclear armed FROG rockets that would have obliterated any naval force that tried to land there... relatively small dirty nukes too...

    The local EU-Serb is just spewing the NATO propaganda he is indoctrinated with. According to basically all coverage of the Cuban
    missile crisis the "Russians blinked first". Even the few documentaries that even mention the US missiles in Turkey actually call them
    old and obsolete! Get f*cked, seriously? We are talking about 1962 and US rockets (e.g. Vanguard) were still exploding on the
    launch pad in 1958. Recall that the R7 ICBM was the Soyuz that launched Gagarin into orbit. How the f*ck can a US MRBM not more
    than 6 years of age be obsolete. We still have 1970s missiles in service today in the US and Russia. Obviously such drivel is designed
    to divert the attention of feeble minds who then focus on the "Russian" withdrawal of non-deployed missiles as some sort of epic fail.
    In the real world it was the yanquis who epically failed with their secret deployment of IRBMs along the border of the USSR.

    BTW, I know that the Jupiter missiles were designed in 1954. The missiles in Turkey would still not have been obsolete in 1962 even if
    they had been built in 1954. But they were actually built several years later. The NATO drone cannot quibble his way out of this one.

    Also, check out:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupiter_(disambiguation)

    Notice the lack of any reference to

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGM-19_Jupiter

    And NATO wannabe saps come here to wave their fingers in our faces.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11154
    Points : 11228
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  PapaDragon Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:42 pm

    kvs wrote:......The local EU-Serb is just spewing the NATO propaganda he is indoctrinated with.  ...

    How is weather in Canada?

    And how is your application for Russian visa going?

    Moving soon?  Wink



    kvs wrote:......According to basically all coverage of the Cuban missile crisis the "Russians blinked first". ....... 

    Russians publicly withdrew their missiles from Cuba

    Americans withdrew theirs from Turkey it in secret as part of the deal

    It was a defeat and humiliation which led to palace coup in Kremlin soon afterwards

    So yeah, Russians not only blinked first but bent over as well

    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 7666
    Points : 7650
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  Isos Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:01 pm

    Americans withdrew theirs from Turkey it in secret as part of the deal

    Not so secret.

    Anyway we probably know maybe 1/10 of that Cuba missile crisis story.

    If what you say, "US push on the red button anytime they want", is true they would have invaded Cuba the very next second USSR moved away. The fact that they didn't until today even when USSR was dead, russia destroyed, China a shithole and Bush doll at power with all the warmongers behind controling him means something. Who knows if all those weapons were removed ...
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 29976
    Points : 30502
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  GarryB Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:10 am

    It was a defeat and humiliation which led to palace coup in Kremlin soon afterwards

    So yeah, Russians not only blinked first but bent over as well

    Yeah, see that is the funny thing... the Soviets didn't care about public image, their public image in the west was always bad after WWII when they were helping the west defeating Hitler and were heroes, but after that when they became the biggest problem to western domination of the world they became the bad guys and nothing would or has changed that... for a few years when Yeltsin was in charge they weren't the good guys they were just the weak bad guys so they dropped so far down the list they got forgotten... but they never got on the allies or good guys list.... are you listening PD? Because Serbia is in the same boat and are in the enemy list and not the friend list... you just dropped down the list out of notice... you are going to have to perform a few actions before even considering changing to the useful ally list...

    The Soviets wanted the missiles gone... that was all they cared about... those missiles in Cuba weren't long range enough to hit ICBM fields or the Pentagon or anything very important, the only thing they had was proximity to Americas belly that was totally exposed because all the radars they had were up north facing north watching for missiles coming from the Soviet Union... they had nothing looking south and it would be far too expensive to fix that... plus the obvious same problem the Soviets had that the flight time for such short range missiles meant very little time to react... the difference is that Turkey is pretty close to Moscow, while Cuba is too far away from the White House or the Pentagon...

    The Soviets got what they wanted which was all the victory they needed...
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 2649
    Points : 2649
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  Big_Gazza Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:18 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    It was a defeat and humiliation which led to palace coup in Kremlin soon afterwards

    So yeah, Russians not only blinked first but bent over as well

    Yeah, see that is the funny thing... the Soviets didn't care about public image, their public image in the west was always bad after WWII when they were helping the west defeating Hitler and were heroes, but after that when they became the biggest problem to western domination of the world they became the bad guys and nothing would or has changed that... for a few years when Yeltsin was in charge they weren't the good guys they were just the weak bad guys so they dropped so far down the list they got forgotten... but they never got on the allies or good guys list.... are you listening PD? Because Serbia is in the same boat and are in the enemy list and not the friend list... you just dropped down the list out of notice... you are going to have to perform a few actions before even considering changing to the useful ally list...

    The Soviets wanted the missiles gone... that was all they cared about... those missiles in Cuba weren't long range enough to hit ICBM fields or the Pentagon or anything very important, the only thing they had was proximity to Americas belly that was totally exposed because all the radars they had were up north facing north watching for missiles coming from the Soviet Union... they had nothing looking south and it would be far too expensive to fix that... plus the obvious same problem the Soviets had that the flight time for such short range missiles meant very little time to react... the difference is that Turkey is pretty close to Moscow, while Cuba is too far away from the White House or the Pentagon...

    The Soviets got what they wanted which was all the victory they needed...

    Agreed, and the fact that Krushchev enemies used the "climb-down" as their public excuse in Brezhnevs palace coup shouldn't be taken at face value. Its a fake justification to conceal a simple grab for power, nothing more.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 10360
    Points : 10507
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  kvs Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:12 am

    I should remind people that Kennedy was assassinated in 1963. Funny timing that. Looks like a real coup to me and not the
    par for the course bureaucratic reshuffling in the USSR.

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 29976
    Points : 30502
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  GarryB Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:55 am

    At university I had a lecturer that was in the CIA and he mentioned a few potential reasons for Kennedys death... but the most likely was a combination of the mob and the CIA... the mob wanted their casinos and hotels in cuba back because it made a lot of money for them, and the CIA wanted payback for the Bay of Pigs fiasco... it is my understanding that they lose a few agents in that incident.

    Also important was that Kennedy used mob muscle and support to get in to power and then went hard on organised crime once in office which they also saw as a betrayal...

    JFK was the luckiest president they ever had... he died before they found out what a censored he really was so JFK became jesus f'ing christ...
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 10360
    Points : 10507
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  kvs Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:57 am

    GarryB wrote:At university I had a lecturer that was in the CIA and he mentioned a few potential reasons for Kennedys death... but the most likely was a combination of the mob and the CIA... the mob wanted their casinos and hotels in cuba back because it made a lot of money for them, and the CIA wanted payback for the Bay of Pigs fiasco... it is my understanding that they lose a few agents in that incident.

    Also important was that Kennedy used mob muscle and support to get in to power and then went hard on organised crime once in office which they also saw as a betrayal...

    JFK was the luckiest president they ever had... he died before they found out what a censored  he really was so JFK became jesus f'ing christ...

    You are mentioning the routine spin that I have seen in every western documentary on the subject. Cops die routinely in the line of service. There are no
    assassinations "in revenge". The Bay of Pigs was not a fiasco because of JFK. The CIA failed all by itself. So killing JKF would hardly be so urgent and immediate.
    As for the mob, what exactly did Kennedy do that would take them way outside their safety zone of operations? The FBI was hardly rooting out the mob in the
    USA as was evident by its activity long after JFK's death.

    The response of JFK to the "Soviet threat" is the real story and actually overlaps the Bay of Pigs. The US elites wanted a full blown invasion of Cuba because
    they drink their own piss-fermented koolaid and basically had no clue about the power of the USSR. JFK was making peace overtures to the USSR instead
    of acting like the USA was a hyperpower, that made him into a Trump in the eyes of modern day Democraps. Hillary wanted to fight Russia in Syria. Trump
    knows better and has not even tried. So the Bay of Pigs was all about internal US elite ambitions and their view that JKF was soft on the USSR. These
    turds did not get anything after they murdered JFK but they a psychopaths and sociopaths so it is not like they would show remorse or something.

    By contrast, the "palace coup" in the USSR removed the maggot known as Khruschev. Which is probably why the testicles of the US shrank and there
    was no invasion of Cuba and redeployment of the secret IRBMs back to Turkey after JFKs assassination. The US elites need a traitor in the "enemy" (aka victim)
    camp to lubricate their victories.

    avatar
    calripson

    Posts : 514
    Points : 567
    Join date : 2013-10-26

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  calripson Wed May 27, 2020 12:50 am

    Kennedy was the first and only Irish Catholic president - the son of an Irish mobster who made his money bootlegging and in insider trading. He was hated by LBJ and the Dulles brothers and was a threat to both. He actually lost the 1960 election to Richard Nixon absent of mob vote fraud in Chicago. His brother Robert was such an ingrate that he immediately began persecuting the very mobsters who had elected him (with Frank Sinatra as the conduit by the way).

    In addition, Kennedy was a sex addict and was having affairs both with Sam Giancanna's mistress and Cord Meyer's (CIA official) wife. He also was tripping on acid and using marijuana which was known to both the FBI and CIA.

    JFK's mind expansion started to get to him and be began mentioning some silly ideas like ending the Cold War, cutting the CIA into pieces, and moving control of US monetary policy from the Fed to the Treasury.

    Not to difficult to imagine the Deep State of the time getting together and deciding that Kennedy was a threat to national security and had to go. There actually is a clip of H.W. Bush (CIA) involuntarily smirking while mentioning that JFK has been killed "by a lone gunman" at Ford's funeral.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 16371
    Points : 16872
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  George1 Wed May 27, 2020 2:23 am

    Both Krushchev removal and Kennedy assasination caused by MIC because both wanted to reduce arms expenditure. In case of USSR just watch the massive military buil up during Brezhnev's era
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 10360
    Points : 10507
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  kvs Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:21 am

    George1 wrote:Both Krushchev removal and Kennedy assasination caused by MIC because both wanted to reduce arms expenditure. In case of USSR just watch the massive military buil up during Brezhnev's era

    The USSR elites did not depend on MIC rackets for their status. So the analogy with the USA is totally wrong. For the USSR the arms race was a burden because
    of stupid planners who managed to waste resources like building thousands of tanks that would never be used. But Brezhnev's build up did force the USA to
    the negotiation table giving us ABM treaty, SALT, START and INF treaty (even if Gorbie sold out). As proven by the breaking of the ABM, INF and now START
    the US is not interested in treaties limiting its ambitions. For some bizarre reason they are now cocky and think they have an advantage against Russia so
    out go the treaties.

    Brezhenev was actually good for the USSR and the world. Stagnation is not his fault, it was a systemic flaw of command economics and Gosplan that did
    not properly account for human psychology (both workers and nomenklatura).

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 29976
    Points : 30502
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  GarryB Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:01 am

    You are mentioning the routine spin that I have seen in every western documentary on the subject. Cops die routinely in the line of service. There are no
    assassinations "in revenge". The Bay of Pigs was not a fiasco because of JFK.

    The CIA led the invasion assuming they had the US military behind them, but JFK... the new president hung them out to dry... they were expecting the cavalry to come to support them and it never came...

    The CIA failed all by itself. So killing JKF would hardly be so urgent and immediate.
    As for the mob, what exactly did Kennedy do that would take them way outside their safety zone of operations? The FBI was hardly rooting out the mob in the
    USA as was evident by its activity long after JFK's death.

    The mob supported and financed Kennedys election campaign and were expecting some easy time in terms of attention from the authorities... instead JFK got his brother to hunt them down specifically... made it really personal...

    JFK was making peace overtures to the USSR instead
    of acting like the USA was a hyperpower,

    HE was, but that didn't mean he stopped making bombers and missiles when he found out the bomber gap and the missile gap was in Americas favour at the time...

    Both Krushchev removal and Kennedy assasination caused by MIC because both wanted to reduce arms expenditure.

    The bomber gap and missile gap were real and were in Americas favour and they had already committed to ramp up production of both to fill the imaginary gap... Whether Kruschev remained in power or not he would have no choice but to ramp up production to match the US... which they managed by the 1980s.

    In case of USSR just watch the massive military buil up during Brezhnev's era

    There was no other option... the US had the lead and was ramping up production pretending they were behind... the Soviets had little choice...

    Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

    Posts : 344
    Points : 346
    Join date : 2016-07-17
    Location : Boston USA

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Talking bollocks: cold war stuff

    Post  Gomig-21 Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:19 pm

    mnztr wrote:Nah the Russian Navy is far too disciplined for that. They showed incredible discipline during the Cuban missile crisis and as a result we are all stilll here today.

    Are you suggesting that if any of the Russian vessels -- or even aircraft -- took fire of any kind from that British destroyer that they wouldn't retaliate?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11154
    Points : 11228
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  PapaDragon Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:15 pm

    mnztr wrote:Nah the Russian Navy is far too disciplined for that. They showed incredible discipline during the Cuban missile crisis and as a result we are all stilll here today.

    You mean back when they were chased out of Cuba with tails between their legs and being forced to agree to never even mention the fact that USA was also removing Jupiter missiles from Turkey?

    The first major victory of USA in the Cold War and event that proven to USA and the world (USSR included) beyond the shadow of a doubt that USA will be triumphant?

    That Cuban missile crisis?

    I wouldn't brag about it...

    Finty likes this post

    avatar
    calripson

    Posts : 514
    Points : 567
    Join date : 2013-10-26

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Not The First Victory

    Post  calripson Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:30 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    mnztr wrote:Nah the Russian Navy is far too disciplined for that. They showed incredible discipline during the Cuban missile crisis and as a result we are all stilll here today.

    You mean back when they were chased out of Cuba with tails between their legs and being forced to agree to never even mention the fact that USA was also removing Jupiter missiles from Turkey?

    The first major victory of USA in the Cold War and event that proven to USA and the world (USSR included) beyond the shadow of a doubt that USA will be triumphant?

    That Cuban missile crisis?

    I wouldn't brag about it...


    The berlin airlift was the first "victory" in the Cold War.
    Mir
    Mir

    Posts : 382
    Points : 384
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  Mir Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:58 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    mnztr wrote:Nah the Russian Navy is far too disciplined for that. They showed incredible discipline during the Cuban missile crisis and as a result we are all stilll here today.

    You mean back when they were chased out of Cuba with tails between their legs and being forced to agree to never even mention the fact that USA was also removing Jupiter missiles from Turkey?

    The first major victory of USA in the Cold War and event that proven to USA and the world (USSR included) beyond the shadow of a doubt that USA will be triumphant?

    That Cuban missile crisis?

    I wouldn't brag about it...


    Both Khrushchev and Kennedy averted a certain nuclear war that would have killed around a third of the world population according to official estimates at the time. They both agreed to the terms that included the withdrawal of the Jupiter missiles from Turkey. As soon as the agreement was signed, the then US Secretary of Defense, McNamara, gave the order for the withdrawal of the Jupiter missiles, not only from Turkey, but also from Italy. I would say it was a victory for mankind! sunny

    BTW Castro was furious Laughing

    Backman likes this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11154
    Points : 11228
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  PapaDragon Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:35 pm

    Mir wrote:... They both agreed to the terms that included the withdrawal of the Jupiter missiles from Turkey.

    And Soviets were banned from even mentioning it thus making USA the clear winner

    They pussied out completely as always before and after



    Mir wrote:... I would say it was a victory for mankind!

    Victory for USA

    Mankind was just unintended side effect



    Mir wrote:...BTW Castro was furious Laughing

    His allies and sponsors turned out to be total pussies, can you blame him?

    Mir
    Mir

    Posts : 382
    Points : 384
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  Mir Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:48 pm

    If so (and I have my doubts) then it was also their one and only victory Laughing
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11154
    Points : 11228
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  PapaDragon Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:22 am

    Mir wrote:If so (and I have my doubts) then it was also their one and only victory Laughing

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Grain_Robbery

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of_the_Re-Establishment_of_the_State_of_Lithuania

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_the_Berlin_Wall

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissolution_of_the_Soviet_Union

    Yeah, totally... Suspect

    Mir
    Mir

    Posts : 382
    Points : 384
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  Mir Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:12 am

    There was an interesting article on RT today you should read.
    https://www.rt.com/russia/527334-america-supremacy-world-power/

    None of the above articles on wikipedia I would consider a US victory at all - not even Operation Cyclone.

    Brzezinski wanted to give the Soviets their Vietnam War and yes he succeeded in pulling the Soviets into the Afghanistan War but failed to deliver Vietnam to the Soviets.
    There was only two similarities. Both were unpopular wars at home and both lasted for around 10 years.

    The difference is - the US lost nearly 60 000 troops whilst the Soviets lost around 13 000.
    The US lost around 10 000 aircraft whilst the Soviets lost less than 400 if I remember correctly.
    In Afghanistan by far the most atrocities were committed by the US backed Mujahedin.
    In Vietnam by far the most atrocities were committed by the US backed South and by the US troops themselves.
    This trend seems to continue wherever the US "intervenes".
    The Soviets never lost the Afghan War - their orderly withdrawal from Afghanistan is evidence of that.
    The Americans lost the Vietnam War - their hectic withdrawal from Vietnam is evidence of that.

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole and Backman like this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11154
    Points : 11228
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  PapaDragon Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:32 am

    Mir wrote:There was an interesting article on RT today you should read.
    https://www.rt.com/russia/527334-america-supremacy-world-power/

    None of the above articles on wikipedia I would consider a US victory at all - not even Operation Cyclone.......

    Soviets no longer exist

    USSR is beaten, dead and buried

    USA is still around


    USA won a curbstomp victory

    Backman
    Backman

    Posts : 861
    Points : 871
    Join date : 2020-11-11

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  Backman Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:11 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Mir wrote:There was an interesting article on RT today you should read.
    https://www.rt.com/russia/527334-america-supremacy-world-power/

    None of the above articles on wikipedia I would consider a US victory at all - not even Operation Cyclone.......

    Soviets no longer exist

    USSR is beaten, dead and buried

    USA is still around


    USA won a curbstomp victory


    It shouldn't have even been a competition at all, let alone till 1991. The US had literally zero war damage from WW2 while the USSR was completely decimated. Like post war Germany, Russia's imperial power was supposed to be gone after 1991. But it survived. The USA got a grand total of a decade out of their curbstomp victory. Good for them.

    GarryB, par far, kvs, miketheterrible and 4channer like this post

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 29976
    Points : 30502
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  GarryB Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:09 pm


    You mean back when they were chased out of Cuba with tails between their legs and being forced to agree to never even mention the fact that USA was also removing Jupiter missiles from Turkey?

    The first major victory of USA in the Cold War and event that proven to USA and the world (USSR included) beyond the shadow of a doubt that USA will be triumphant?

    That Cuban missile crisis?

    I wouldn't brag about it...

    The Soviets didn't want nuclear weapons in Cuba... Castro didn't want them there either, the Cuban missile crisis was about getting US missiles out of Europe and it worked... the Soviets agreed to not mention that so the US could pretend they won but it was their missiles that were withdrawn...

    BTW Castro was furious

    Castro didn't like being used like that... he didn't want nukes there in the first place.


    And Soviets were banned from even mentioning it thus making USA the clear winner

    They pussied out completely as always before and after

    Why would they need to mention it... they controlled the information their people heard, there was no need to mention the Soviet people were safer because the US backed down when confronted with a taste of their own aggression.

    Victory for USA

    Mankind was just unintended side effect

    Just shows how empty and useless they are... the facade is worth more than the bricks and mortar...

    His allies and sponsors turned out to be total pussies, can you blame him?

    He was a tool they used to dislodge a threat... do you worry your hammer might not think you are treating it with enough respect?

    Funny thing is I remember at the time the US said no one lost the cold war because Russia gets to have democracy.... how can that be a punishment?

    But then came election time in the US and of course winning the cold war was at the core of the incumbents plan for another term in office and everything went tits up...

    Honestly, the west is the faction that has not aged well these days and they know it.

    Without a boogeyman to blame all their problems on they are in trouble, but the rich just get richer and the middle class become poor... but they won the cold war.... yay...


    Sponsored content

    Cuban Missile Crisis Empty Re: Cuban Missile Crisis

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:18 pm