Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Iranian Space program

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Iranian Space program - Page 2 Empty Re: Iranian Space program

Post  JohninMK on 23/04/20, 11:09 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:That definitely looks like a TEL, so effectively Iran has the ability to create a mobile ICBM launcher....there's not single air defense system in Saudi Arabia or Israel that could prevent a missile strike from something traveling at Mach 20.
    But it probably can't carry a very big conventional warhead so it better be accurate.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon on 23/04/20, 11:33 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:That definitely looks like a TEL, so effectively Iran has the ability to create a mobile ICBM launcher....there's not single air defense system in Saudi Arabia or Israel that could prevent a missile strike from something traveling at Mach 20.
    But it probably can't carry a very big conventional warhead so it better be accurate.

It's warhead could be something in the ballpark of 120-200kg. Build a few dozen of them (better yet a few hundred), and have them designated to strike critical infrastructure (parliament buildings, military HQs, major radar hubs, etc.), the rest could be done with IRBMs.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on 24/04/20, 07:38 am

A reentry proof capsule filled with counterfeit $1,000 US notes... thousands of them... the number of people killed and killing other people to get their hands on the cash would far outweigh any damage HE could do.... especially if with the next five missiles on their way with people mobilising to they can get to the impact point first.... in the last one fill it up with blankets and masks and the underwear of Covid-19 patients who died...

...native Americans would get that joke... the early white settlers delivered woollen blankets to the Indians in winter time... woollen blankets used by victims of smallpox and other european diseases that the Indians had no resistance to.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski on 24/04/20, 04:37 pm

As predicted, next launch to be all solid, three stage, to high orbit.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on 24/04/20, 04:58 pm

nomadski wrote:
    As predicted, next launch to be all solid, three stage, to high orbit.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en

Could be dangerous this one. Shows they will be getting proper targets within range.

Might force the US to act. Maybe not before November but after it all bets are off.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on 24/04/20, 07:49 pm

A bit more data on the satellite track.

RussSyr
    @ynms79797979
    ·
    16h
    Iran's Nur-1 military satellite is already sending fierce greetings from orbit to American "friends" and reminding them that everything is perishable in this world, and the second will one day become the first.

Iranian Space program - Page 2 1

Iranian Space program - Page 2 EWUhdGnWAAAfGoy?format=jpg&name=small

RussSyr
    @ynms79797979
    ·
    17h
    Iranian military satellite Nur 1 crossed over the Zionist entity a little while ago.
    Next session, cameras and sensors will be turned on and in duty - Iran

Iranian Space program - Page 2 EWUcieYWAAAEvJS?format=png&name=small
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski on 25/04/20, 12:45 am

Thanks for your post, with positions of sattelite. You mentioned more risk or danger, for developing more capable  launch or potential warhead. I mentioned less risk. Who is right?  I think that a detterent, has to be credible. A minimum credible detterence. So many warheads, to ensure they get through ABM. So the opponent has real fear of destruction . Working this out can be fun. May involve both sides, at some point.

If it was me, before test launch or new launch, I make sure that I have that minimum number of launch system and warheads ready. Even if they are not tested. And in case of failed design, can be wasted money. In the case the other side, mistakes my system, to be one of only few available. And goes crazy and takes a chance. Attacks. Iran, in this case should have this minimum number to be put on display. For sattelite count. Then I think risk of war to diminish. Already did I think.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 15/07/20, 11:17 pm