Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+29
flamming_python
Hole
Regular
hoom
SeigSoloyvov
Isos
JohninMK
Svyatoslavich
higurashihougi
KiloGolf
KoTeMoRe
magnumcromagnon
miketheterrible
AlfaT8
kvs
George1
Odin of Ossetia
franco
Werewolf
PapaDragon
Karl Haushofer
Vann7
sepheronx
Khepesh
Pervius
Admin
GarryB
Russian Patriot
restoration
33 posters

Military facilities accidents and disasters

franco
    franco

Military facilities accidents and disasters - Page 7 Empty Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

Post  franco Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:41 pm

It will apparently take at least a week for the isotopes to be absorbed by the water so a section of the bay is closed off for a month. The radiation level peaked at around that of getting an x-ray.
    kvs
    kvs

Military facilities accidents and disasters - Page 7 Empty Re: Military facilities accidents and disasters

Post  kvs Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:14 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    kvs wrote:https://www.rt.com/russia/466238-russian-rocket-blast-sea-rosatom/

0.11 microsieverts lasting less than hour.   And this is local to the accident.    No way that any remove instruments are going to pick
    this spike up.

So now we know that the radiation did come from this engine.    An isotope and liquid fuel engine.   Does not make sense to me.
    Throwing in some isotopes into a standard rocket engine may increase the heat level of the fuel before combustion.   But we
    already have solutions to fuel-preheating.    If the nuclear energy is some sort of gain for this system then, then that is a
    rather dirty solution.   Usable only in space.  

Now that I have read this RT article, I am believing that there is a cover-up.   But it ain't no Chernobyl, but military secrets.
    Thus, fully legitimate.

Thanks KVS.  At least someone here uses facts.

You are welcome.

There must have been some radiation containment in this experiment but the explosion resulted in release to the environment.
    I have seen no good theory as to what the concept of this engine is. Nuclear thermal has been proposed in another thread,
    but that is ancient and would have little risk of exploding since the heat source is the reactor heating the working fluid. It
    can't be a VASIMR type engine for similar reasons.

Nobody has ever done or is doing experiments on full blown nuclear combustion. The radiation from such a rocket engine would
    be very high and so would be contamination if it failed. NATO hate propagandists would be spooging themselves silly if such
    an event occurred. So the thing being tested is a mystery.

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:26 am

kvs wrote:https://www.rt.com/russia/466238-russian-rocket-blast-sea-rosatom/

0.11 microsieverts lasting less than hour.   And this is local to the accident.    No way that any remove instruments are going to pick
    this spike up.

So now we know that the radiation did come from this engine.    An isotope and liquid fuel engine.   Does not make sense to me.
    Throwing in some isotopes into a standard rocket engine may increase the heat level of the fuel before combustion.   But we
    already have solutions to fuel-preheating.    If the nuclear energy is some sort of gain for this system then, then that is a
    rather dirty solution.   Usable only in space.  

Now that I have read this RT article, I am believing that there is a cover-up.   But it ain't no Chernobyl, but military secrets.
    Thus, fully legitimate.

Makes perfect sense if you consider a rocket engine that first boosts the missile to a required speed for the nuclear-thermal scramjet to start operating.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:41 am

There was a slight radiation leak, I never said it was some massive reactor going critical just that the Russians weren't being fully honest and guess what they weren't.

Of course... they should have come clean with what exactly happened at a secret testing facility... before there was even a preliminary examination and investigation... hell if they had come clean before the accident had happened they might have been able to prevent it...  Rolling Eyes

How is that "stirring" the waters expressing clear doubt against an entity who has a high degree of accidents and has covered up nuclear incidents in the past or tried to? That isn't "Stirring" anything up that's called being realistic given the history. Just because you want to turn a blind eye to it doesn't matter.

Demanding answers instantly is bullshit, and not getting them and therefore assuming there must be a cover up is infantile, but certainly something a paid 5th columnist would be interested in promoting... have to be subtle... remember that for next time...

You forgot using a group of peoples wish for the freedom to make them puppets and a few other things but what does this have to do with the topic?

It explains your position and contribution to the topic.

You don't hate Russia, you are just paid to...

Russia is using Assad to carry out their wishes, you think they give a flying fuck about the Syrian people no they do not,

So your argument here is that Russia is not good, they are just doing the right thing for their own selfish reasons.

Believe what you like... it would have been very easy for them to step back and do nothing and let the US and the west destroy the country so they could pipe ME gas to the EU... but let me give you a little lesson on good an evil... killing hundreds of thousands of people just to make some money is evil... ask Americans about pipelines being put through their land and ask how they feel about things if you are not sure... but overthrowing a democratically elected president and ruining a functioning society just so you can build a bypass... perhaps now we should refer to Americans as Vogons?

Eh Kashogi had nothing to do with us that was all the Saudi's.

You didn't cause it, but you covered it up and brushed it under the carpet completely and stifled any international outrage at what was a serious violation of several international laws regarding murder, torture, and indeed the entire purpose of a diplomatic residence in another country.

You are the pope shifting child molestors and protecting them from the legal ramifications of their actions, and in that sense you are the ring leader and facilitator of a serious evil... these men don't need shifted to new pastures, they need help and then they need punishment for what they have done.

NATO hate propagandists would be spooging themselves silly if such
    an event occurred. So the thing being tested is a mystery.

There is no reason to release that information, it is not relevant to anyone but themselves... they can reveal the information when the weapon is ready...  Twisted Evil

Makes perfect sense if you consider a rocket engine that first boosts the missile to a required speed for the nuclear-thermal scramjet to start operating.

Of course if it is a nuclear powerplant generating the heat then it would be technically a sramjet as there would be no combustion... will be interesting, but it sounded more like they were saying that a radioactive isotope was a component of the fuel rather than any reactor or warhead was present...
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:17 pm

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-12/russia-belatedly-admits-mystery-blast-involved-mini-nuclear-reactor

1) Radiation 20 levels above normal, oh my. 20 x 0 = 0. Contextless BS.

2) Morons and iodine pills. Unless radioactive iodine was released these pill have no value. Morons don't
    even know that no reactors are in the area to release iodine. The small reactor in question has a different
    isotope profile compared to power plant rectors.

Note the tone of this western excrement "journalism". Russia does not have to admit anything. The only time
    some f*cking foreigner has any claim is when the radiation deposits on his empty cranium. Clearly no such fallout
    occurred. So GTFO, meddling slime.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:26 pm

https://www.rt.com/russia/466238-russian-rocket-blast-sea-rosatom/

According to Rosatom, the reactor is a thermo-electric one. So there is no chain reaction and no radioactive iodine to release if
    it explodes. All the radiation is from the isotopes used to generate the electricity.

I still do not think we are getting the full story and that is a good thing. It is unlikely that the Burevestnik uses a thermo-electric
    reactor unless the energy density of such reactors has been substantially increased.

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:21 am

Of course... they should have come clean with what exactly happened at a secret testing facility... before there was even a preliminary examination and investigation... hell if they had come clean before the accident had happened they might have been able to prevent it...  Rolling Eyes

You are twisting my words, not going to respond IF you are going to act like this.

Demanding answers instantly is bullshit, and not getting them and therefore assuming there must be a cover up is infantile, but certainly something a paid 5th columnist would be interested in promoting... have to be subtle... remember that for next time...

I never demanded answers, again twisting my words. I said they aren't giving the full story and expressed doubt and low and behold I was right.

It explains your position and contribution to the topic.

You don't hate Russia, you are just paid to...

I am not paid to hate anyone, just kill people differently. Nothing personal just my job, but hey won't worry. I'd kill a Russian in a heartbeat if I had to and yes I am sure they feel the same way. My position was clear, they weren't telling the full story and aren't and guess whats much has you wanna complain about it. That stance isn't right

So your argument here is that Russia is not good, they are just doing the right thing for their own selfish reasons.

Believe what you like... it would have been very easy for them to step back and do nothing and let the US and the west destroy the country so they could pipe ME gas to the EU... but let me give you a little lesson on good an evil... killing hundreds of thousands of people just to make some money is evil... ask Americans about pipelines being put through their land and ask how they feel about things if you are not sure... but overthrowing a democratically elected president and ruining a functioning society just so you can build a bypass... perhaps now we should refer to Americans as Vogons?

They are only doing that because they did not want Saudi's messing with their business in Europe, Plenty of Innocents have died thanks to the Russians they didn't mean to kill them sure but it happens, no different with us. This charade you are trying to preach Russia is doing it for good is such BULL SHIT. They are doing it purely for their benefit. Which I see nothing with that, a country has a duty to secure it's interests.

You didn't cause it, but you covered it up and brushed it under the carpet completely and stifled any international outrage at what was a serious violation of several international laws regarding murder, torture, and indeed the entire purpose of a diplomatic residence in another country.

You are the pope shifting child molestors and protecting them from the legal ramifications of their actions, and in that sense you are the ring leader and facilitator of a serious evil... these men don't need shifted to new pastures, they need help and then they need punishment for what they have done.

Republicans did, The Dem's and Lib's where outraged tried to stop weapon sales to Saudi's. Like Russia never turned a blind eye to some morally wrong get the f outta here with that seriously. The pot is not calling the kettle black. I am not going to respond to things like Child Molestation, it's a disgusting thing and I have shot men in the face overseas for it.

I have no patience for you over-emotional insults, Russia is protecting Maduro who isn't a nice guy. So shut it, if you cannot be un-biased do not talk.

Did Americans enter your house and Murder your family or something because you have such a one-way standard it's annoying to deal with you.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:25 am

You are twisting my words, not going to respond IF you are going to act like this.

I am not twisting your words... you are demanding immediate answers and when you don't get them claiming a coverup... they are hiding something...

I never demanded answers, again twisting my words. I said they aren't giving the full story and expressed doubt and low and behold I was right.

Saying they are not giving us the full story is suggesting they know what the full story actually is and are not telling us... that is by definition demanding answers.

And why should they give you any answers at all?

My position was clear, they weren't telling the full story and aren't and guess whats much has you wanna complain about it. That stance isn't right

Why do you think they have any responsibility to tell you anything at all... especially hours after the event when they probably don't even know all the facts themselves?

You do understand that they were working on a secret project and that any information released has to be cleared for release first... even after they established what actually happened?

I'd kill a Russian in a heartbeat if I had to and yes I am sure they feel the same way.

Funny thing about the words "had to"... you would kill your own entire family if you had to.... that is what "had to" means. Duh.

This charade you are trying to preach Russia is doing it for good is such BULL SHIT.

So you keep saying, but the actions of Russia seem to involve killing ISIS... US actions seem to involve killing everybody... I mean Abrams plan for Venezuela is for a group of rebel Venezuelan soldiers to break into a prison in Venezuela and arm the prisoners to try to start a civil war... perhaps he is a dirty dozen fan, but when the Russians plan to arm renegade US soldiers to break in to a US prison and arm the prisoners then we can talk about which side is good or bad.

Republicans did, The Dem's and Lib's where outraged tried to stop weapon sales to Saudi's.

And if Obama was in charge the Republicans would be outraged and trying to stop weapons sales, and the democrats would stop them.

Morality has nothing to do with US politics... there are no morals there... there are democrats who would rather see Trump get reelected than let Sanders into the white house.

I am not going to respond to things like Child Molestation, it's a disgusting thing and I have shot men in the face overseas for it.

So you do have a moral compass... clearly you just keep it in its box most of the time...

I have no patience for you over-emotional insults, Russia is protecting Maduro who isn't a nice guy.

Yes, that Maduro bastard who was using Venezuelas oil wealth to provide homes for the poor and to improve their situation so they can contribute to society instead of being ignored and neglected by it... it is why all the calls for a civil war failed because the majority of the population and the military supported Maduro over a US stooge... he must be a terrible guy to get that sort of support because you would think given the opportunity to get rid of him so easily and with foreign support they would have taken the chance...

BTW I didn't realise you knew him personally...

But then of course the NGO you are working for to support anti Russian programmes on the internet you probably have all sorts of western intel resources at your fingertips.

So shut it, if you cannot be un-biased do not talk.

Translation: So shut it, if you cannot be pro American on the American internet do not talk. We own it and when you do as we tell you we own you.

Well guess what, you don't own me.

Put $20 million in my bank account and we can talk. Razz

Did Americans enter your house and Murder your family or something because you have such a one-way standard it's annoying to deal with you.

I don't need to wait till they do it to me before I realise they don't give a shit about me or anyone but themselves.

Putin, on the other hand, is clearly a much more civilised and well spoken human being... he might not go out of his way to help me or my family, but I don't think he would do what the US has been doing to the world for the last half century either.

It is my opinion... I know America doesn't approve of people having those, or thinking for themselves... it is unamerican isn't it?
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:08 am

I am not twisting your words... you are demanding immediate answers and when you don't get them claiming a coverup... they are hiding something...

You are twisting my words and I am not the only one who calls you out on that. Don't lie.

Saying they are not giving us the full story is suggesting they know what the full story actually is and are not telling us... that is by definition demanding answers.

And why should they give you any answers at all?

This selective view would only be correct IF they didn't know the full story and they did. They are simply hiding details because it was some test engine which is fine and all but doesn't change the fact I was right.

Why do you think they have any responsibility to tell you anything at all... especially hours after the event when they probably don't even know all the facts themselves?

You do understand that they were working on a secret project and that any information released has to be cleared for release first... even after they established what actually happened?

Funny I never recalling demanding answers from the Russian's just said their behavior was odd to me and I didn't think they were letting on the full truth which they weren't this is a VERY simple concept Garry stop twisting my words.

Funny thing about the words "had to"... you would kill your own entire family if you had to.... that is what "had to" means.  Duh.

I do not have a family, I am against having that while I work. But if you are volunteering?, is a joke btw.

So you keep saying, but the actions of Russia seem to involve killing ISIS... US actions seem to involve killing everybody... I mean Abrams plan for Venezuela is for a group of rebel Venezuelan soldiers to break into a prison in Venezuela and arm the prisoners to try to start a civil war... perhaps he is a dirty dozen fan, but when the Russians plan to arm renegade US soldiers to break in to a US prison and arm the prisoners then we can talk about which side is good or bad.

Ah, Abrams, I am not for that guy having power. Putting him in place was a mistake. There are many easier ways to dispose of Maduro then starting a civil war. Those actions for Russia simply served their interest nothing more. There is a difference between having to do something to accomplish your goal vs doing it out of the goodness of your heart.

And if Obama was in charge the Republicans would be outraged and trying to stop weapons sales, and the democrats would stop them.

Morality has nothing to do with US politics... there are no morals there... there are democrats who would rather see Trump get reelected than let Sanders into the white house.

Not really Rep's are all about them Weapon sales, their position would have been the same regardless. Morality has nothing to do with anyone's politics, not Russia not ours maybe just the Europeans.

Yes, that Maduro bastard who was using Venezuelas oil wealth to provide homes for the poor and to improve their situation so they can contribute to society instead of being ignored and neglected by it... it is why all the calls for a civil war failed because the majority of the population and the military supported Maduro over a US stooge... he must be a terrible guy to get that sort of support because you would think given the opportunity to get rid of him so easily and with foreign support they would have taken the chance...

BTW I didn't realise you knew him personally...

But then of course the NGO you are working for to support anti Russian programmes on the internet you probably have all sorts of western intel resources at your fingertips.

Except he is also a corrupt moron. Is all of what's happened to his country his fault? No, but he has added to the list of problems. Go stay in Venezuela for three months and then tell me he is a good guy. Reading shit on the web means nothing Garry go live there and then you can talk to me like you actually know a dam.

I don't need to know him personally to know the kind of guy he is, his actions speak for him.

If I was on some NGO's Payroll, I'd be one a site that matters not this place, maybe like the Russian version of FB. You are gravely overestimating this site, I simply like the lawls you guys give me when your butts tigthten together cause someone said something true that you cannot Stand about Russia.

Translation:  So shut it, if you cannot be pro American on the American internet do not talk. We own it and when you do as we tell you we own you.

Well guess what, you don't own me.

Put $20 million in my bank account and we can talk.  Razz

Nothing I said is pro-American the truth is the truth. You are heavily biased don't pretend otherwise you look at things through a specific lens.

I don't need to wait till they do it to me before I realise they don't give a shit about me or anyone but themselves.

Putin, on the other hand, is clearly a much more civilised and well spoken human being... he might not go out of his way to help me or my family, but I don't think he would do what the US has been doing to the world for the last half century either.

It is my opinion... I know America doesn't approve of people having those, or thinking for themselves... it is unamerican isn't it?

He would if he was in our position.

Like Russia doesn't approve of that they don't they keep a very tight grip on their population. This entire statement of yours went off the rails.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:19 am

Is LARPing legal in US? Seig clearly never served and if he did he breached shit ton of regulations by spewing his disproved BS.

I would rather ignore Stolen Valour bullshitter and move on
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:53 am

This selective view would only be correct IF they didn't know the full story and they did.

It is not a selective view... officials reporting what has happened almost certainly were not notified this test was taking place, until some facts were brought to their attention they had no idea what was going on in every part of the country in the military.

The people feeding them the information might have been present during the test but it clearly happened suddenly and their first priority is trying to save anyone they can save and minimise the risk of further danger... and that includes using a Geiger counter.

Those people don't just then alert the media as to exactly what has happened, the ministry of defence needs to clear every public release of information because this was a secret test and they wont want everything about the test released.

That is how things work in the real world... I can appreciate you don't understand because you get unfiltered information direct from Trump via Twitter at 3am every morning.

They are simply hiding details because it was some test engine which is fine and all but doesn't change the fact I was right.

Wow... you are a fucking genius... they didn't tell us everything they knew... WTF did you expect?

No you were not right... there was no conspiracy cover up... an enormous radiation cloud is not heading for the EU...

Funny I never recalling demanding answers from the Russian's just said their behavior was odd to me and I didn't think they were letting on the full truth which they weren't this is a VERY simple concept Garry stop twisting my words.

Listen to what you are saying... first you say they are lying because they weren't giving out many details just as the incident happened, then you said they always lied in situations like this, now you are saying that at the time the fact that they didn't reveal everything they knew was "odd behaviour"... when you already said it was normal for them?

If you are going to talk shit at least be consistent.

I do not have a family, I am against having that while I work. But if you are volunteering?, is a joke btw.

Yeah, bars around the world are filled with ex special forces who kill for their governments who don't want to settle down... they are heading for Iran tomorrow and might not be coming back and would like a bit of company for the night... blah blah blah...

Ah, Abrams, I am not for that guy having power. Putting him in place was a mistake. There are many easier ways to dispose of Maduro then starting a civil war

Whoever he answers to signed off on that plan and after it went public when those Venezuelan army guys basically refused to cooperate he kept his job, which means the US government was happy with the plan... that right there shows the Venezuelans that it is in their interests to keep Maduro and reject anything the US puts forward as a replacement because they clearly don't give a shit about venezuelan people or democracy, of just basic moral standards.

There is a difference between having to do something to accomplish your goal vs doing it out of the goodness of your heart.

There is a pretty basic difference between letting someone do the wrong thing, or try to stop them because it is in your interests to do so... shooting a child molester wont save any of the kids they have already molested, sometimes you do the right thing for the future and not for the past.

Not really Rep's are all about them Weapon sales, their position would have been the same regardless. Morality has nothing to do with anyone's politics, not Russia not ours maybe just the Europeans.

But that is the thing... Russia sells weapons to Saudi Arabia, America giving Saudi Arabia a rubber stamp to pretty much do anything they like is not offending Russia or New Zealand... it is offending western morals... americans clearly don't give a shit any more... the mascarade has ended and the gloves are off... it is quite amusing seeing the Europeans forced to justify themselves with each action of the US about their moral supremacy over their former colonies... cause that is all they had.

And the republicans would do anything to hurt the democrats... even putting trump in power was a big two fingers to the American left... the democrat fanclub called the US media was shocked when trump won... against all their polls and all their expectations...

Except he is also a corrupt moron. Is all of what's happened to his country his fault? No, but he has added to the list of problems. Go stay in Venezuela for three months and then tell me he is a good guy. Reading shit on the web means nothing Garry go live there and then you can talk to me like you actually know a dam.

I will rent an apartment next to you shall I... we can do shots on the weekends and talk shit.

How about the majority of the population that just defended him from a very serious coup attempt that 20 years ago would have worked easily... 40 years ago no body would have even noticed.

If he is so corrupt then where are all the bodies? What happened to his country is that the US and UK have stolen Venezuelan gold and assets and the price of oil has tanked... apply the same situation to Saudi Arabia and guess what... with all their offshore assets frozen they would actually be in much more trouble than Venezuela.

I don't need to know him personally to know the kind of guy he is, his actions speak for him.

Because CNN calls him a communist... like Putin is a communist... they keep voting these communists into power in elections international observers can find no fault with... almost as if the word communist has changed meanings in american english to just mean political enemy who thinks their people should have education and healthcare...

If I was on some NGO's Payroll, I'd be one a site that matters not this place, maybe like the Russian version of FB. You are gravely overestimating this site, I simply like the lawls you guys give me when your butts tigthten together cause someone said something true that you cannot Stand about Russia.

Don't you know... Vann has direct phone contact with Putin... they are actually best buddies... he rags on him to keep him honest and stop head swell.

you look at things through a specific lens.

Don't we all?

The fact that you pretend to be unbiased shows you look through the thickest most tinted lens of all...

You sound like the guy that says" I don't want to sound racist ... but..." and then says something really racist, but something you probably agree with otherwise he probably would not have said it.

He would if he was in our position.

Ahhh, yes, it is culture and upbringing, not genes... that has led to a country called America where people are no longer sure what gender they are... when I was at school they said there are X and Y chromosomes... XX for girls and women and XY for boys and men... anything else is bullshit.

But don't expect anyone else on the planet to care what society you end up with, you have spent most of your countrys most productive years screwing everyone else over...

Like Russia doesn't approve of that they don't they keep a very tight grip on their population. This entire statement of yours went off the rails.

Think about what has been said on this forum... I am an athiest and I have mentioned the evil nature of US politicians multiple times... I don't do that lightly...
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:02 pm

Regular wrote:Is LARPing legal in US? Seig clearly never served and if he did he breached shit ton of regulations by spewing his disproved BS.

I would rather ignore Stolen Valour bullshitter and move on

Yes, LARPing is Legal in the US.

Still, that's a bad phrase to use in this context. Saying regular Role Playing would be more accurate since the LA means. Live Action, being on the web would not be considered Live Action Role Playing.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:06 pm

@Garry at this point we are spamming if you wish to talk with me you can message me.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:02 am

I disagree, spamming is off topic and usually trying to sell unwanted stuff, this is relative to the topic and this situation... but I do agree I don't think you are going to quit your job this easily or change your tune so I agree continuing a back and forth about this is pointless.

Although I would add one thing... when you said this forum is no worthy of western intel attention and that other sites with more Russians would make more sense to infiltrate, I think you are being very clever and misleading... the western NGOs like Bellingcat are not trying to influence Russians in Russia, they are mob lynching western public figures who suggest closer relations with Russia or Putin... they are not acting against Russians feeling pro Russian feelings, they are acting against westerners with pro Russian feelings, which makes this little tiny, largely unnoticed website a great place for you to get some practise and learn your new trade where letters are bullets and photos and video are artillery and air support... not that I think you ever served but for keyboard warriors it makes the job sound better in the local pub at night.

Ironic that the same 5th column shit would be much harder on a pro US site because as soon as you said something bad about Obama or Bush you'd get permabanned, so for the other side doing your job is much more of a minefield of multiple faces and personas.

Anyway... look forward to the fake tears the next incident...
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:49 am

Explain to me how talking about Maduro is on the topic about accidents and disasters related to the Russian's scratch

This site doesn't even have enough active members for that kind of payroll operation, You've got to be on your own high horse to think someone would pay for such little volume.

Sorry, this site ain't worth an NGO's time or money. Yes Yes speaking a negative truth about Russia is crying tears, they can do no wrong, they are above all critisim in the world yup.

Under the conditions, you set there are far better targets if that was the goal but this is again off-topic, this has nothing to do with military accidents related to the Russians. I offered you to DM me provided you be unbiased, Imma end this chat with that.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:26 pm

One is to be critical and expect improvement.
    But all you see from you is criticism to make Russia look bad. What ever reason is that - superiority complex or projection..
    Go and critique Israel and Zog that runs your Epstein country..
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:28 am

As Regular says... there is constructive criticism, and there is continuation of stereotypes and whining and complaining for the sake of feeling better about your own problems.

Ironic because demands for action without an investigation to establish exactly what happened is the sort of thing you claim they are guilty of, but you demand full and complete explanations anyway.

Regarding Maduro... that is highly relevant, you claim Russia is backward and does not respect human life, when the US starts its wars in Venezuela and Iran how many lives will be lost and for what greater purpose?

So they can have democracy? They already have more than two political parties to choose from so they are already better off than Americans and most westerners who also generally have two major parties and lots of no hope tiny ones.

Russia gave up communism and was welcomed into the international community... Not. But they have democracy too BTW.

This site is small, but it really does attract one or two loonies. But then it is good to hear stupid some of the time... stops us falling in to the yes men trap that pretty much destroyed real debate in the US.
    Mindstorm

Post  Mindstorm Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:55 pm

I usually do not participate in this kind of wasteful debates, but in this instance i believe that some points could be useful for the construction of an equilibrated picture on the latest instances of accidents in Federation's test sites.

I will not obviously eleborate on the real "source" of the last accident at the Нёнокса test ground and the following absurd series of speculations in western media (or even worse the comical tweet of the POTUS about "Skyfall" testing, nuclear disaster and phantasious supposed similar US technologies but better ,that prove one more time, if it would be even necessary, the truly abysmal state of US central intelligence agency Laughing Laughing Laughing ) except that the main "hypothesis" is terribly, horribly wronged.

What instead i believe is more pressing is to attribute the latests accidents to correct area.

Some times ago i read a comment of an intelligent and valuable forum contributor - namely kvs- ,with which i have often in the past shared similar positions of a variety of subjects, about the accient occurred on board of the special purpose submarine where it had assumed that the accident was caused by the age of the named Platform; i was tempted to intervene to point out that real cause was practically at exact opposite side of the possibilities spectrum, but at the end i choose to leave the debate to its natural exaustion.

After the last accident and the largely expected "opportunistic" statements with annexed interpretation's spin by part of SeigSoloyvov, is important to point out that those accidents are neither the effects of the wear and tear of old system involved (as sustained by kvs) or, even less, statistically comparable (with foreign projects) mishaps caused by low technical expertise or low quality or safety control.

The accidents in the military test places occured while experimenting - a very small parts - of the prototypes of new technologies with simply immense potential returns not only for military but also civil/economic purposes and that will represent not only in the Federation but at planetary level the incipit approach to the so called sixth scientif/technical revolution.

In substance while in the pasted years developing prototypes of "Пересвет" laser or "Буревестник" missile or "Нудоль" air space defense or "Авангард" startegic hypersonic vehicle, only to cite some military related by now know projects with ,surprisingly, no failures resulting in material or live losses, and also now with both the successuful than the unlucky tests of highly innovative prototypes our Institutes was in a similar position of someone experimenting A-IX-2 HE while the overall scientifical community was still at the level o understand the physical dynamics and management of TNT Wink

Taking even outside of the discussion the prototype specimens of those classified projects the failure of which will never produce potentially deadly events (for example majority of those carried on by КРЭТ) the overall level fo safety of the the most potentially risky tests on those technologies overtaking similar foreign efforts of an average of 12-15 years has been surprisingly and unexepectedly high, taking into account both the forcibly reduced development cycle that the lack of any prototcol for the inherently unique scientifical content involved; initial projection of potential material and live costs was much higher.

The effects of this forcibly "silent" revolution will have the potential to completely overturn not only today military /geostrategic balance but also economical and production one in the international arena within the next 30 years
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Losharik is one thing this is another. I do not maintain that the current accident had anything to do with age. But I find it dubious
    that some thermo-electric isotope generator would overheat and blow up. The engineering parameters of such devices are too well known for such accidents to occur. And there is actually not all that much point testing such well-worn designs. This test also was not of the
    Burevestnik power plant as is being alleged by all sorts of NATO MSM drones.

So I contend that this experiment was not yet another thermo-electric isotope generator but a new nuclear pseudo-reactor which involves
    much higher energy release per size of the "reactor". Using single stage nuclear reactions to generate a slew of short lived isotopes is
    a very appealing concept for a thermo-electric generator. Instead of having to deal with producing and storing some "short lived"
    isotope you instead produce it in situ as a nuclear reaction product. And you are not limited to one isotope. But what is more, you
    can regulate the formation of these energetic isotope(s) (hence short lived) via the primary nuclear reaction that produces them from
    relatively stable parent species. This designs allows for much greater longevity of the generator and for controllable power levels.

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:28 pm

GarryB wrote:As Regular says... there is constructive criticism, and there is continuation of stereotypes and whining and complaining for the sake of feeling better about your own problems.

Ironic because demands for action without an investigation to establish exactly what happened is the sort of thing you claim they are guilty of, but you demand full and complete explanations anyway.

Regarding Maduro... that is highly relevant, you claim Russia is backward and does not respect human life, when the US starts its wars in Venezuela and Iran how many lives will be lost and for what greater purpose?

So they can have democracy? They already have more than two political parties to choose from so they are already better off than Americans and most westerners who also generally have two major parties and lots of no hope tiny ones.

Russia gave up communism and was welcomed into the international community... Not. But they have democracy too BTW.

This site is small, but it really does attract one or two loonies. But then it is good to hear stupid some of the time... stops us falling in to the yes men trap that pretty much destroyed real debate in the US.

Incorrect I said Russia doesn't respect human life when it suits them, there is a difference. If you think their hands are clean it is utterly impossible to have any realistic conversation with you.

If you could stop trying to put words in my mouth that would be great, I don't do that to you.

Last edited by SeigSoloyvov on Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:32 pm

Regular wrote:One is to be critical and expect improvement.
    But all you see from you is criticism to make Russia look bad. What ever reason is that - superiority complex or projection..
    Go and critique Israel and Zog that runs your Epstein country..

That doesn't answer my question you merely danced around it.

Also, I will criticize them when they do bad and I will say they did right when they do and I have. Fair is fair this is a grade school concept you do things good and right you get praise you do something thing you get told it was bad.

If they do something stupid they deserve criticism anyone does including my own country if you cannot grasp this, I have nothing more to say to you.

It's one thing to play favorites it's another to turn a blind eye and not be objective.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:34 pm

https://www.dsa.no/en/news/94881/no-health-impact-after-the-brief-radioactive-spike-in-arkhangelsk

No health impact after the brief radioactive spike in Arkhangelsk

Published 14.08.2019, updated 14.08.2019 11:38

DSA, referring to headlines in the Russian media regarding the increased radioactivity after the accident in Arkhangelsk last week:Local Severodvinsk authorities and the Russian Meteorological Institute both report on the occurrence of a spike in radioactivity August 8. The heightened levels reportedly lasted approx. 30 minutes.

The increase may have been up to 20 times higher than the normal background levels.
    Such an increase, however, does not represent any health impacts for the locals in Severodvinsk.
    Health impacts for the local community would only be possible if the levels had increased more than 1000 times the normal background values, in the short time the spike lasted.
    DSA has not measured any increase in radioactivity so far.
    DSA has observed the available Russian monitoring stations, which report to the European Commissions data Center.
    The results show no abnormal mean for the 24-hour interval after the accident.
    Arrow

Post  Arrow Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:08 pm

The effects of this forcibly "silent" revolution will have the potential to completely overturn not only today military /geostrategic balance but also economical and production one in the international arena within the next 30 years wrote:

What will this revolution consist in that can change the balance of power in the world? New hypersonic weapons, nuclear hypersonic engine?
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:43 pm

Arrow wrote:

What will this revolution consist in that can change the balance of power in the world? New hypersonic weapons, nuclear hypersonic engine?

A nuclear aircraft engine would be revolutionary for both civilian airliners and military transport/fighter/bomber aircraft.

But not a hypersonic one obviously. That's only useful for missiles.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:42 am

I think progress towards small but powerful energy supplies is interesting and useful too.

Horseless carriages really only became useful with the internal combustion engine and the same with heavier than air and lighter than air aircraft like aeroplanes and airships.

Hypersonic missiles present something that makes conflicts potentially too dangerous to start.... something that can pierce your defences at will makes you vulnerable and the only want to stop your enemy from thinking that is a good idea is to develop your own attack method that they cannot easily stop, so you arrive at mutually assured destruction... really the only foolproof system between to powers, because there is no need for trust or understanding... America thinks Putin interferes in Syria and other places out of spite... because they have no respect for Russia and don't realise that Russian interests are legitimate and are different from the interests of the west.

For Russia law and order and international law is important because it is a structure to work with other people from within... for a superpower you are above the law and international law is something you probably wrote to keep the underlings in check, but it does not apply to you.

How could there not be conflict in such a situation?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:16 am