Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
Godric
KiloGolf
KoTeMoRe
sheytanelkebir
higurashihougi
Bidoul
JohninMK
PapaDragon
Neutrality
Kadmos45
Vann7
Alex555
whir
kvs
Kyo
Zivo
ultron
Solncepek
max steel
Dima
Rodinazombie
OminousSpudd
ExBeobachter1987
HUNTER VZLA
Flyboy77
Book.
Russophile
collegeboy16
iraqidabab
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Walther von Oldenburg
Honesroc
George1
NationalRus
Stealthflanker
F-15E
magnumcromagnon
crod
sepheronx
par far
AlfaT8
Flyingdutchman
etaepsilonk
Sujoy
Mike E
Werewolf
RTN
As Sa'iqa
Behrooz
Max Italy
Asf
GarryB
Strizh
Morpheus Eberhardt
dino00
BlackArrow
mack8
thesaint
macedonian
Hannibal Barca
arpakola
Viktor
TR1
mutantsushi
Russian Patriot
Cyberspec
nemrod
fragmachine
zg18
medo
TheArmenian
flamming_python
76 posters

IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #1

GarryB
    GarryB

IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #1 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #1

Post  GarryB Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:12 am

Didn't know that...

So what has India got... they always used to say how it was better than the MiG-29....
    iraqidabab

IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #1 - Page 15 Empty 60 year old Iraqi man kills 7 ISIS terrorists in revenge for slain son

Post  iraqidabab Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:09 pm

Iraqi old man kills 7 IS militants in revenge for slain son

TIKRIT - An Iraqi old man on Sunday shot dead seven Islamic State (IS) militants in revenge for the killing of his son by the extremists in Iraq's northern central province of Salahudin, a provincial security source said.

The incident took place in the morning when Basil Ramadan, in his 60s, opened fire from his AK-47 assault rifle on a group of IS militants at a checkpoint in the provincial capital city of Tikrit, and killed seven of them before they shot him dead, the source told Xinhua on condition of anonymity.

Over a month ago, the IS militants executed his son Ahmed, who was a college student, with seven other young men who were accused of collaborating with the Iraqi security forces, the source said.

In early 2007, another son of Ramadan was killed by the al-Qaida terrorist group in Tikrit, some 170 km north of the Iraqi capital of Baghdad, the source added.

--

RIP, he did great revenge
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #1 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #1

Post  sepheronx Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:03 pm

GarryB wrote:Didn't know that...

So what has India got... they always used to say how it was better than the MiG-29....

Who said that? India?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:01 am

Some M2K fan boys from India... don't remember who...
    Honesroc

Post  Honesroc Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:15 am

Iraq takes delivery of Mil Mi-28NE attack helicopters.

https://engineeringrussia.wordpress.com/2015/02/02/iraq-receives-second-batch-of-mi-28s/

Last edited by Honesroc on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:38 am; edited 2 times in total
    iraqidabab

Post  iraqidabab Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:53 pm

ISIS burnt the Jordanian pilot alive in a video in Syria

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:19 pm

Hmm... maybe I could share my opinion?

Sunni Arabs (at least Iraqi ones) have proven their complete inability to exist in a united, multi-religious and multi-ethnic entity that Iraq aspires to be. They simply don't accept that Shias (or "rafidhis" as they call them) should have the right to live. Iraqi government shouldn't even try to recapture these areas, they should withdraw all forces to Shia areas and concentrate on defending them in case of an IS attack.

I had an occasion to talk to a German Turk who visited Iraq in 2010 or 2011, I don't remember well. Hw said older north IRaqis have a nostalgia for Saddam Hussein, younger ones (15-30 I guess) are fascinated by jihadists and try to actively support them. Both constantly cry about how Shia government "oppresses" them.Shocked

Pretty fucked up situation. Shocked
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:21 am

They said on the news the two ISIS prisoners that Jordan held and were offering to swap for their pilot have been executed in response.

Can't say I blame them.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:53 am

Can anyone explain what the f*ck is this shit ?

IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #1 - Page 15 10959421_405789402922286_8224466432941547170_n
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:04 pm

Make a poll if we should nuke the source of jihadism. I am pretty certain it will be well one sided.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:15 pm

Count me in!
    I volunteer to drive the plane as well.
    F-15E

Post  F-15E Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:21 pm

Iraqi Shia militia spotted with Abrams tank

IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #1 - Page 15 1628635_-_main

http://www.janes.com/article/48411/iraqi-shia-militia-spotted-with-abrams-tank
    par far

Post  par far Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:21 pm

The Anglo-American, Zionist, Wahhabi strategy in Iraq and Syria has helped Iran and Russia(more influence for Iran(because Iran is helping fighting these terrorists) and more weapons sales to Middle East For Russia). Now you see American tanks being used by Shias and there probably will be more US equipment being used by forces fighting isil terrorists. Sunnis have also been killed by the isil terrorists and now the Sunnis are also realising that the isil terrorists are actually American and British thugs being used by the Jews and the crypto Jews in Saudi Arabia just to kill Muslims and so the Sunnis are also joining the fight against these US backed thugs. What is happening in Iraq right now is that the US is sending the weapons that the Iraqi government has purchased(there is a long delay because the US is backing the isil terrorists). The Iraqi government is giving the US Made weapons to anyone who is fighting the US backed isil terrorists, including allies of Iran(the Shias in this case). The US made equipment that the allies of Iran will be using, will likely be taken to Iran and be reserve-engineered(Iran gets free US weaponry) and at the dame time Iran is growing it's influence.

This helps Russia as well, Russia is getting new arms business in the Middle East and those weapons can also help Syria(an ally of Russia), in this case Russia is not sending Assad any weapons directly but the Iraqi government is giving US made weapons to anyone fighting the foreign backed terrorists and Syria is fighting the same foreign backed terrorists. And the problem in Ukraine is cased mostly by the Jews in US(Jews run the US), by supplying Russian weapons to the Middle East may just keep the Israelis in check because if Israel goes to war with Lebanon and Hezbollah, the Lebanese and Hezbollah will have access to Russian weapons. If the Jews do anything stupid in Ukraine, then Russia can send more weapons to Middle East and those weapons be used by Lebanon and Hezbollah, in case of war with Israel.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:16 pm

I am actually pissed that Russia isn't sending weapons to Syria. Please someone tell me I am wrong in that they are not sending weapons. Syria needs them.
    par far

Post  par far Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:28 pm

sepheronx wrote:I am actually pissed that Russia isn't sending weapons to Syria.  Please someone tell me I am wrong in that they are not sending weapons.  Syria needs them.

Russia is already sending Syria arms.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:37 pm

Jordan and UAE are now out of coalition against ISIS. Rolling Eyes
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:03 am

Lothar von Trotha wrote:Jordan and UAE are now out of coalition against ISIS. Rolling Eyes
    Source??
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:20 am

From what I saw on the news it looks like the opposite... revenge is wanted...
    iraqidabab

Post  iraqidabab Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:49 pm

GarryB wrote:From what I saw on the news it looks like the opposite... revenge is wanted...

Revenge is wanted by Jordan, UAE is out.

Anyway what exactly is Jordan going to do ? They have ground forces which they can send into Iraq ( Anbar province ) to take revenge, infact they can send forces to Al Asad air base in Anbar which is heavily protected by both US and Iraqi forces. But they won't take any risks.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:57 pm

GarryB wrote:From what I saw on the news it looks like the opposite... revenge is wanted...

yes i thought the same
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:23 pm

sepheronx wrote:I am actually pissed that Russia isn't sending weapons to Syria.  Please someone tell me I am wrong in that they are not sending weapons.  Syria needs them.

It has been for a few years now. Based on loans and asset transfers I'd imagine; to be settled after Syrian victory in the Civil War.

Russia has also been supplying Iraq with weapons; again for a price of course. But delivery has been very prompt, training has proceeded on schedule, and Russia also offered 2nd-hand Su-25s to Iraq immediately when it need them, and delivered them in a matter of days.

Russia has some contacts with Kurdistan too, formal and informal, and has representation in Erbil; I believe the Kurdish head has visited Russia a few times over the past few years. But I don't believe Russia is providing them with any weapons, parts or ammo at the moment; it has provided some humanitarian aid though I beleive. The Western allies are providing the Kurds with more than enough anyway.

No doubt Russia has been providing some intelligence, particularly on the Chechen terrorists, etc... to all sides involved.

Overall, Russia is quite involved in the fight against ISIS; all via indirect means - but there are a lot of such indirect means and from every direction.
    par far

Post  par far Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:07 pm

The American bastards are dropping ISIL terrorists in, ISIL strongholds. These bastards want this war to continue.
    iraqidabab

Post  iraqidabab Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:10 pm

An Mi-17 with MAWS has crashed in Iraq, it's unknown whether shot down or an accident but someone said MANPAD.

IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #1 - Page 15 7frNwR
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:37 pm

iraqidabab wrote:An Mi-17 with MAWS has crashed in Iraq, it's unknown whether shot down or an accident but someone said MANPAD.

IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #1 - Page 15 7frNwR

Iraq is really turning in to a military equipment grave yard.
    iraqidabab

Post  iraqidabab Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:43 pm

Iraq is fighting a hard enemy, they're trouble.

For Anbar province foreign ground troops will be needed to enforce a barrier on the Syrian border.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:00 pm