Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
Godric
KiloGolf
KoTeMoRe
sheytanelkebir
higurashihougi
Bidoul
JohninMK
PapaDragon
Neutrality
Kadmos45
Vann7
Alex555
whir
kvs
Kyo
Zivo
ultron
Solncepek
max steel
Dima
Rodinazombie
OminousSpudd
ExBeobachter1987
HUNTER VZLA
Flyboy77
Book.
Russophile
collegeboy16
iraqidabab
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Walther von Oldenburg
Honesroc
George1
NationalRus
Stealthflanker
F-15E
magnumcromagnon
crod
sepheronx
par far
AlfaT8
Flyingdutchman
etaepsilonk
Sujoy
Mike E
Werewolf
RTN
As Sa'iqa
Behrooz
Max Italy
Asf
GarryB
Strizh
Morpheus Eberhardt
dino00
BlackArrow
mack8
thesaint
macedonian
Hannibal Barca
arpakola
Viktor
TR1
mutantsushi
Russian Patriot
Cyberspec
nemrod
fragmachine
zg18
medo
TheArmenian
flamming_python
76 posters

IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #1

George1
    George1

IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #1

Post  George1 Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:09 pm

Kurds in full control of oil city Kirkuk after Iraqi army flees

Kurdish forces are in full control of Iraq's oil-rich city of Kirkuk after the federal Iraqi army abandoned its bases there, a Kurdish military spokesman said on Thursday. Kirkuk is a city located at the heart of a long-running dispute between the federal government in Baghdad and the Kurds, who run their own autonomous region in the north of the country and have an armed militia called the "peshmerga".

"The whole of Kirkuk has fallen into the hands of peshmerga," said Jabbar Yawar, referring to the Kurdish forces. "No Iraqi army remains in Kirkuk now".

The move came after Iraqi soldiers fled their posts in the city of Mosul and several other towns and cities in the face of an onslaught by radical Sunni insurgents from the Islamic State in Iraqand the Levant (ISIL).

ISIL said in a statement it was now advancing on Baghdad.

US mulls air strikes on Iraqi rebels as militants advance on Baghdad

Militants have seized the Iraqi city of Tikrit as a jihadist offensive sweeps closer to Baghdad, prompting the UN Security Council to convene crisis talks Thursday while the US mulls air strikes on the rebels. The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) seized the second city of Mosul on Tuesday and has since captured a large swathe of northern and north-central Iraq including Tikrit - the hometown of executed dictator Saddam Hussein.

ISIL spokesman Abu Mohammed al-Adnani promised the battle would "rage" on the capital Baghdad and Karbala, a city southwest of the capital that is considered one of the holiest sites for Shiite Muslims, the SITE Intelligence Group said.

The UN Security Council swiftly convened a meeting to discuss the crisis in a sign of growing international alarm at the fast-moving situation.
    Read more: http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_06_12/Kurds-in-full-control-of-oil-city-Kirkuk-after-Iraqi-army-flees-1176/
    medo
    medo

IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #1

Post  medo Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:44 pm

ISIS in Tikrit parade more than 1000 captured Iraqi soldiers. They also captured a lot of weapons and armored vehicles in Mosul.
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:50 pm

fragmachine wrote:

Wonder if pickups in this video are Ford made, like those shiny brand new spanking ones that FSA have.

Anyway great vid.

Toyota Hilux.
    And the gun on it looks like kord?
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:44 pm

We need intelligence from Iraq.

PS I think this is one of the chances eastern countries have to dethrone US hegemony. If China thinks she is ready this is the right chance to give a hand.
    I think she will do nothing because nobody is yet ready, but this means that extra time and patience and effort will be needed until parity (let alone superiority) established.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:04 pm

Iraq conflict: Sistani 'issues' Shia call to arms against militants
    Iraq's most senior Shia cleric has issued a call to arms as Sunni-led insurgents sweep across towns.
    BBC wrote:The call by a representative of Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani came during Friday prayers, as the militants widened their grip in the north and east and threatened to march south.
    The UN says hundreds have been killed - with militants carrying out summary executions of civilians in Mosul.
    The US and Iran have promised to help the fight against the insurgency.
    BBC
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:18 pm

What else have you received or expect to receive soon?
    How is the situation there?
    My information tell me that even Baghdad may be at risk, is this accurate?
    Who are this guys? How organize and finance them?
    Thank you
    sheytanelkebir

Post  sheytanelkebir Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:19 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:What else have you received or expect to receive soon?
    My information  tell me that even Baghdad may be at risk, is this accurate?
    Thank you

-Don't know what we'll receive. Iraq has already asked the US, France and "other countries" to provide air support for the Iraqi ground forces and militias.

-There are thousands of Sunni-Arab "sleeper cells" waiting for the "="D-Day" in Baghdad and rise up. Meanwhile Sistani has called for mobilisation against the terrorists, so the Shia-Arabs have recruited 155,000 volunteers over the past 2 days to fight against Daesh "alliance" that includes all manner of sunni-arab groups.
    -The Kurds have a de-facto agreement with the Daesh, and have "split the cake" in Northern Iraq.. freeing up daesh to move southwards.
    -They have no shortage of money or people... You can consider the events in Iraq a general "sunni arab" uprising against Shia rule.

Pretty much the country is "split up" for all intents and purposes now.

Kurdistan has achieved the maximal territories it has been trying to capture. So, along with the Syrian Kurds will declare a "transnational" Kurdish state encompassing Iraqi and Syrian Kurdistan (as well as recently captured territories).
    -The ISIS/Daesh has its own large "transnational state" now with the sunni-Arab areas of Iraq along with Eastern Syria.
    -Central and Southern Iraq is now the de-facto remaining "Shia Arab" state with control of 85% of oil resources and all ports of the old "Iraq".
    arpakola
    arpakola

IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #1 - Page 2 Empty IRAQ - oh dear .. we are back where it was all started ..

Post  arpakola Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:28 pm

oh dear .. we are back where it was all started ..

xe xe xe
    thesaint

Post  thesaint Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:02 pm

it better the country to split up dont think the sunnis want to live under shias and shias dont want to live under them, but the question is would they take the capital.

sheytanelkebir wrote:
    Thank you

-Don't know what we'll receive. Iraq has already asked the US, France and "other countries" to provide air support for the Iraqi ground forces and militias.

-There are thousands of Sunni-Arab "sleeper cells" waiting for the "="D-Day" in Baghdad and rise up. Meanwhile Sistani has called for mobilisation against the terrorists, so the Shia-Arabs have recruited 155,000 volunteers over the past 2 days to fight against Daesh "alliance" that includes all manner of sunni-arab groups.
    -The Kurds have a de-facto agreement with the Daesh, and have "split the cake" in Northern Iraq.. freeing up daesh to move southwards.
    -They have no shortage of money or people... You can consider the events in Iraq a general "sunni arab" uprising against Shia rule.

Pretty much the country is "split up" for all intents and purposes now.

Kurdistan has achieved the maximal territories it has been trying to capture. So, along with the Syrian Kurds will declare a "transnational" Kurdish state encompassing Iraqi and Syrian Kurdistan (as well as recently captured territories).
    -The ISIS/Daesh has its own large "transnational state" now with the sunni-Arab areas of Iraq along with Eastern Syria.
    -Central and Southern Iraq is now the de-facto remaining "Shia Arab" state with control of 85% of oil resources and all ports of the old "Iraq".
    thesaint

Post  thesaint Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:10 pm

do you know how much ammo they getting with them or if they even have pilots to fly them, not seeing much videos about the airforce in action.

etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:42 pm

sheytanelkebir wrote:
    Thank you

Do western countries actually want to provide those airstrikes?

Because ISIS is Assad's enemy, and west would like to topple him.
    Not an expert, but the rule "enemy of my enemy is my friend" could possibly be applied there, isn't it?
    thesaint

Post  thesaint Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:54 pm

hopefully this time iraq will let USAF stay permanently, thats if they help in the first place.
    etaepsilonk wrote:
    sheytanelkebir wrote:
    Thank you

Do western countries actually want to provide those airstrikes?

Because ISIS is Assad's enemy, and west would like to topple him.
    Not an expert, but the rule "enemy of my enemy is my friend" could possibly be applied there, isn't it?
    thesaint

Post  thesaint Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:09 pm

looks like no help from US
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:33 pm

Well, if USA refuses to help, I think the reasons for that may be more serious than just being butthurt over denied bases.
    thesaint

Post  thesaint Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:48 pm

well iraq is a mess no doubt, but lets face it ISIS i pretty much bankrolled by us and the gulf nations, killing them will be probably a good definition of blue on blue. beside they doing our bidding right now so why waste them.
    etaepsilonk wrote:Well, if USA refuses to help, I think the reasons for that may be more serious than just being butthurt over denied bases.
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Sheytan, regarding a possible attack on Baghdad, i would have thought it is very heavily defended no, sleeper-cells or no sleeper cells? How do you see such an attack unfolding?

Of course not, don't forget who is supporting, training  and arming the jihadists fighting against both Syria and Iraq: the US (with very certain israeli "advice"- and i'm not saying that because i'm "anti-semite", i loath them for their actions, not for their ethnicity) coordinating and orchestrating things from the shadows, and KSA and other GCC puppet states in the region doing the actual dirty work.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:39 pm

Breaking News: Iraq Sunni Clerics Call for War with ISIS (English Subs)

...Looks like Sunni and Shia may unite to fight ISIS! This is good news!
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:40 pm

Good News people! Both Shia and Sunni clerics are both calling to fightback the barbaric ISIS hordes:

BlackArrow
    BlackArrow

Post  BlackArrow Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:49 pm

mack8 wrote:Sheytan, regarding a possible attack on Baghdad, i would have thought it is very heavily defended no, sleeper-cells or no sleeper cells? How do you see such an attack unfolding?

Of course not, don't forget who is supporting, training  and arming the jihadists fighting against both Syria and Iraq: the US (with very certain israeli "advice"- and i'm not saying that because i'm "anti-semite", i loath them for their actions, not for their ethnicity) coordinating and orchestrating things from the shadows, and KSA and other GCC puppet states in the region doing the actual dirty work.

You would want some evidence for that I'd say? Americans supporting the Jihadists??

Last edited by BlackArrow on Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:59 pm

BlackArrow wrote:
    mack8 wrote:Sheytan, regarding a possible attack on Baghdad, i would have thought it is very heavily defended no, sleeper-cells or no sleeper cells? How do you see such an attack unfolding?

You would want some eveidence for that I'd say? Americans supporting the Jihadists??

Al.-CIAda, Al Nusra, Taliban, in Mali,Sudan,Chechen terrorists yes USA is financing and supporting jihadists, it is a fact!
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:00 am

BlackArrow wrote:You would want some eveidence for that I'd say? Americans supporting the Jihadists??

Who do you think made about 300 000 terrorist that where in Syria - out of nowhere - search terrorist youtube channels where they describe in detail how

are being trained by US forces to kill

Syria faced and won the biggest USA/Izrael/Turkey/Qatar/Saudi/Britain/France/Jordan terrorist plot the World has ever seen
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:09 am

BlackArrow wrote:

You would want some eveidence for that I'd say? Americans supporting the Jihadists??

Well why don't you ask Obama's adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski weather U.S. trains, and supply's Islamic extremists...

Here's Zbig calling for Afghan Mujahadeen to go on Jihad against the Soviets back in the 1980's:

IRAQ - Fight on Islamic State: News #1 - Page 2 Brzezinski_Zbigniew

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:27 am

dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:46 am

Viktor wrote:
    BlackArrow wrote:You would want some eveidence for that I'd say? Americans supporting the Jihadists??

Who do you think made about 300 000 terrorist that where in Syria - out of nowhere - search terrorist youtube channels where they describe in detail how

Syria faced and won the biggest USA/Izrael/Turkey/Qatar/Saudi/Britain/France/Jordan terrorist plot the World has ever seen

True but not 300 000, maybe half of that.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:24 am

dino00 wrote:
    Viktor wrote:

True but not 300 000, maybe half of that.

About 150 000 terrorists are in Syria right now but during this 3-4 years at least a 300 000 terrorists passed throughout Syria and was dealth by Syrian Army

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:27 am