Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+9
JohninMK
GarryB
Tsavo Lion
Hole
verkhoturye51
miketheterrible
Big_Gazza
AlfaT8
LMFS
13 posters

Il-20 Military Aircraft Shot Down During Israeli air strikes (2018)

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Il-20 Military Aircraft Shot Down During Israeli air strikes (2018) - Page 4 Empty Re: Il-20 Military Aircraft Shot Down During Israeli air strikes (2018)

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:12 am

Lebanon may also be supplied with S-300 to deny Israel its airspace; then what? They'll have to fire CMs at Syria from their subs in the open Red Sea/Gulf of Aqaba, beyond the reach of S-400. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Aqaba

The VMF may too deploy its subs there to counter them.
    Labrador

Il-20 Military Aircraft Shot Down During Israeli air strikes (2018) - Page 4 Empty Re: Il-20 Military Aircraft Shot Down During Israeli air strikes (2018)

Post  Labrador Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:54 am

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    GarryB wrote:It is important to keep in mind that this is to ensure the Syrians can control their air space better... this is not to let the Syrians take on the Israeli or any other air force.

I would expect with new missiles and new combat management systems the Syrians will have a much better awareness of what is in their airspace and what is entering or leaving their air space.

I think it will mean Israeli aircraft will no longer get anywhere near Syrian or Lebanese airspace with manned aircraft, but they might try to keep using drones and cruise and other standoff missiles.

1) 2 regiments are to be sent.  
    One S-400 regiment has 32 launchers. Not sure how many S-300 tho.  
    I dont think they forgot about shorads there. But work on modernization not only equipment but also control system to have on centralized awareness &control is a quantum leap for Syrians.  

No look S-300/400 ORBAT topic in general 16 and exist two with 24 on about 25 Rgts in more majority include S-300 so S-400 Rgts are not true S-400 Rgts mixed

I heard right now… 4 Bns so 32 TELs PMU-2 ?? in this case can be stored since the order and now delivered to see...
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:40 pm

Labrador wrote:
    I heard right now… 4 Bns so 32 TELs PMU-2 ?? in this case can be stored since the order and now delivered to see...

Lavrov stated on 24th of September that deliveries of S-300 to Syria have already started.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:18 am

Not only Israel is to blame: http://svpressa.ru/war21/article/210913/?cba=1
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:11 pm

Tsavo Lion wrote:Not only Israel is to blame: http://svpressa.ru/war21/article/210913/?cba=1

SVpressa is a liberal us sponsored NGO. They are very very antirussian.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:13 pm

At least in this instance, it's more objective & not any more than those "anti-American" media who criticize US policies in the ME!
    I agree with that retired PVO officer: if they had more & better coordination, that Il-20 & its 15 men crew would still be flying.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:39 pm

At least in this instance, it's more objective & not any more than those "anti-American" media who criticize US policies in the ME!
    I agree with that retired PVO officer: if they had more & better coordination, that Il-20 & its 15 men crew would still be flying.

If you think of the situation as being a house invasion where the criminals timed their attack with the same time the milkman was coming and told him they would be attacking the rear of the house,, when in fact the plan was to attack the front and they stood behind him as he tried to leave while the home owners were shooting at them and he got hit and killed then of course you can blame the home owner and indeed the milkman, but it is pretty obvious that the lie about where the attack was taking place, the lack of warning time which meant the milkman couldn't change his plan and remain safe, and the fact that they actively hid behind the milkman makes the Israelis fully to blame here.

The difference between my example and what actually happened is that the bullet fired was guided and was aimed at the home invaders, but a basic part of its design means it went for the nice white easy to see uniform of the milkman instead... which the home invaders were banking on.

Also, because it was guided and the Syrians likely didn't recognise the milkman, they probably didn't even know he was there and who he was... all they knew was there were a group attacking them and they fired back... I doubt they suspected there were friendlies out there otherwise they would not have fired... the problem of not having an IADS is that the only information you have is from local radar, and you rely on the radar operator to give a clear picture to the commander... that radar operator had no way of identifying which plane was which, but that fire was coming from them which made them enemy planes... they would know their own aircraft were not there.

That article is amusing... they have already said the Syrian Air defence system does not have IFF... that is why Russia is giving them S-300s and a modern IADS so they are better able to defend themselves from Israeli attacks.

In that sense you could say that the solution they are applying is fixing the Syrian force and not the Israelis, so in a sense you could argue that it was Syrias fault... but at the end of the day it changes nothing... Syria gets to defend itself properly and Israel had better pull its head in or it might get a black eye.

But then we have been told the Israelis can defeat S-500s so S-300s shouldn't be a problem... russia
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:23 am

They should have known better to have the IADS set up instead of living with this time bomb, a disaster waiting to happen, & "keeping a small footprint" crap. Russia trusted Turkey & Israel & paid for it with the Su-24 & the Il-20, losing 16 men total.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:39 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:At least in this instance, it's more objective & not any more than those "anti-American" media who criticize US policies in the ME!

I like you, you got twisted sense of humor tho lol1 lol1 lol1

GarryB wrote: But then we have been told the Israelis can defeat S-500s so S-300s shouldn't be a problem...  russia

meh not only S-500, this was yesterday. Now they can defeat S-1000! and in 2020 S-2000 or 3000.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:27 am