Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
Finty
owais.usmani
Mir
Lurk83
limb
kvs
ALAMO
Broski
Kiko
Backman
mnztr
Rodion_Romanovic
LMFS
dino00
Labrador
Hole
hoom
Luq man
wilhelm
miketheterrible
T-47
Big_Gazza
Benya
Singular_Transform
Isos
franco
KiloGolf
Giulio
Tsavo Lion
kopyo-21
GarryB
airstrike
Dima
JohninMK
Werewolf
eehnie
max steel
ult
artjomh
nastle77
Svyatoslavich
Cucumber Khan
d_taddei2
PapaDragon
GunshipDemocracy
Flanky
magnumcromagnon
Kyo
chicken
Stealthflanker
Cyberspec
Mike E
mack8
medo
flamming_python
calripson
GJ Flanker
Viktor
AlfaT8
runaway
George1
TheArmenian
Austin
Flyingdutchman
Corrosion
Hachimoto
KomissarBojanchev
SOC
TR1
Admin
sepheronx
75 posters

Russian Naval Aviation: News

George1
    George1

Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian Naval Aviation: News

Post  George1 Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:59 pm

Pictures from the airfield Saki Naval Aviation of the Russian Navy in Crimea

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1783898.html
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:12 am

This is the third and final aircraft An-140-100 built "Aviacor" of the contract for the construction of three additional machines for the Russian Naval Aviation.

Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 7 185435

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1798708.html
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:18 am

George1 wrote:This is the third and final aircraft An-140-100 built "Aviacor" of the contract for the construction of three additional machines for the Russian Naval Aviation.

Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 7 185435

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1798708.html

Only 5 out of 10 going to be delivered to the VKS as production has ceased.
    Svyatoslavich

Post  Svyatoslavich Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:24 am

I have a question, wanted to know if someone can explain to me. I just came across this pic in russianplanes.net
    http://russianplanes.net/id186156
    It is clearly a standard, non-modernized Su-27 (either P or S, the author states it is a P). It is not a Su-33 (no canards, long sting, no tailhook). And whoever took or uploaded the picture also claims that this plane belongs to the Russian Navy. At first I thought it was an error on the part of the author/uploaded of the pic (quite common), but see the fin and you will see written "VMF Rossii". Does the Russian Navy operate Su-27? I know that they have Su-33 and Su-30SM, but I've never seen a Su-27 and up to now I was sure they didn't. Can it be fake/photoshop?

Post  Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:44 am

Svyatoslavich wrote:I have a question, wanted to know if someone can explain to me. I just came across this pic in russianplanes.net
    It is clearly a standard, non-modernized Su-27 (either P or S, the author states it is a P). It is not a Su-33 (no canards, long sting, no tailhook). And whoever took or uploaded the picture also claims that this plane belongs to the Russian Navy. At first I thought it was an error on the part of the author/uploaded of the pic (quite common), but see the fin and you will see written "VMF Rossii". Does the Russian Navy operate Su-27? I know that they have Su-33 and Su-30SM, but I've never seen a Su-27 and up to now I was sure they didn't. Can it be fake/photoshop?

Russian navy DID operate SU27s till early 2012. i belive, 689th Independent Fighter Aviation Regiment.

Here you can read abit about the unit: http://www.xliby.ru/transport_i_aviacija/vzlyot_2007_12/p15.php
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:03 am

Svyatoslavich wrote:I have a question, wanted to know if someone can explain to me. I just came across this pic in russianplanes.net

There is a squadron of Su-27P's in Kaliningrad which fall under the control of the Baltic Fleet. This may be one of those.
    Svyatoslavich

Post  Svyatoslavich Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:18 am

franco wrote:There is a squadron of Su-27P's in Kaliningrad which fall under the control of the Baltic Fleet. This may be one of those.
    Thanks, I knew about the Kaliningrad Su-27Ps, but I thought they belonged to the air force.
    Anyway, the picture is a bit suspicious for me, for other reasons also, and I am not very sure of its authenticity. What is that strong flash near the outer pylon? There is no light there, and it is strange that such a sharp surface as the leading edge would reflect so much light.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:28 am

Svyatoslavich wrote:
    franco wrote:There is a squadron of Su-27P's in Kaliningrad which fall under the control of the Baltic Fleet. This may be one of those.
    Thanks, I knew about the Kaliningrad Su-27Ps, but I thought they belonged to the air force.
    Anyway, the picture is a bit suspicious for me, for other reasons also, and I am not very sure of its authenticity. What is that strong flash near the outer pylon? There is no light there, and it is strange that such a sharp surface as the leading edge would reflect so much light.

I have heard it both ways. Even if they are Air Force, they are under control of Naval Aviation.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:50 am

franco wrote:
    Svyatoslavich wrote:

I have heard it both ways. Even if they are Air Force, they are under control of Naval Aviation.

They became part of Airforce in 2012. from what i am aware.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:12 pm

And here is the answer to our questions 0:24+
    Svyatoslavich

Post  Svyatoslavich Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:45 pm

Militarov wrote:

Yes, that is correct! And we can see that these planes received the "VMF Rossii" titles. Thanks a lot!

Post  Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:46 pm

Svyatoslavich wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Yes, that is correct! And we can see that these planes received the "VMF Rossii" titles. Thanks a lot!

You are welcome Smile
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:28 pm

Russian Navy invades the outer space !

Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 7 Original

Post  Guest Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:39 pm

"Two Russian warplanes flew simulated attack passes near a U.S. guided missile destroyer in the Baltic Sea on Tuesday, the U.S. military said, with one official describing them as one of the most aggressive interactions in recent memory.

The repeated flights by the Sukhoi SU-24 warplanes, which also flew near the ship a day earlier, were so close they created wake in the water, with 11 passes, the official said. The planes carried no visible weaponry, the official said on Wednesday.

A Russian KA-27 Helix helicopter also made seven passes around the USS Donald Cook, taking pictures. The nearest Russian territory was about 70 nautical miles away in its enclave of Kaliningrad, which sits between Lithuania and Poland.

"They tried to raise them (the Russian aircraft) on the radio but they did not answer," the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity, adding the U.S. ship was in international waters.

The U.S. military on Wednesday released photos and videos of the incidents. In one photograph, an SU-24 appears to pass at extremely low altitude over the Donald Cook's bow.

The events were reminiscent of the Cold War, when a series of close calls led to a bilateral agreement aimed at avoiding dangerous interactions at sea that was signed in 1972 by then-Secretary of the Navy John Warner and Soviet Admiral Sergei Gorshkov.

The agreement prohibited "simulated attacks against aircraft or ships, performing aerobatics over ships, or dropping hazardous objects near them." The accord can be seen here: www.state.gov/t/isn/4791.htm. White House spokesman Josh Earnest said, "This incident ... is entirely inconsistent with the professional norms of militaries operating in proximity to each other in international water and international airspace."

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-simulatedattack-idUSKCN0XA1UW
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:46 pm

Donald Cook again.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:06 pm

During those flight operations, a Russian Sukhoi Su-24 combat aircraft appeared and conducted about 20 overflights, coming within 1,000 yards of the ship at an altitude of about 100 feet, the defense official said. In response, the commander of the Donald Cook suspended flight operations.

Post  Guest Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:51 am

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu May 12, 2016 10:39 pm

Russian Helicopters Developing New Shipborne Chopper to Replace Ka-27

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20160512/1039501009/russian-helicopters-new-replace-ka27.html#ixzz48TZu02Dm
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Fri May 13, 2016 5:39 pm

Surely the next generation of combat helicopters will have important differences with what we know now. I tend to think that the next generation of combat helicopters can be unmanned. It will or would take time to reach a good level (maybe 10-15 years) for unmanned combat platforms, but it seems to be the right moment to focus the efforts on important changes in the concept of helicopter in a longer timeline, because these changes will come sooner or later, and maybe better to take early the right solution.

Surely it means longer life for the current models in service, something affordable in my opinion, because all the current models of combat helicopters in service are still in production. Even the veteran Mi-14 is returning to production. Today the entire range of roles for combat helicopters is covered by current models in production.

While I see a little easier to reach the necessary level on unmanned platforms to do the role of maritime patrol (with minimal attack power), surely unmanned platforms with important attack capabilities will come later, but both areas can have a lot of synergies, since the option to do maritime patrol from shipborne platforms drive the solutions for both roles to similar sizes.

In both cases, maritime patrol and combat helicopters, I think the unmanned technology is coming, and new models done by the old mold that begin to be developed now and would not be launched before than 5-7 years, can become obsolete early in their life of service (maybe after only 10-15 years in production).

Last edited by eehnie on Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun May 15, 2016 12:32 pm

Russia's next naval (ASW) helicopter options:

1. Ka-52
    2. Ka-31
    3. Ka-60
    4. New design

http://sputniknews.com/military/20160514/1039618244/russian-navy-ka52-ka60.html
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sun May 15, 2016 8:12 pm

For procurement of new units of helicopters in the short-mid term, I see right the option of variants of the current models in production.

For procurement in the long term I see right the option of a new helicopter of next generation with significant changes improving the concept of helicopter (surely the most important of them can be the change to unmanned platforms).

Also the Mi-14 can be a good option to take into account in the selection process, surely in the new units there are interesting updates.

Last edited by eehnie on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Sun May 15, 2016 8:15 pm

George1 wrote:Russia's next naval (ASW) helicopter options:

1. Ka-52
    2. Ka-31
    3. Ka-60
    4. New design

http://sputniknews.com/military/20160514/1039618244/russian-navy-ka52-ka60.html

Actually they would need 2, depending on ship size. Ideally that new Ka-31 replacement we keep hearing about + Ka-60.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon May 16, 2016 12:08 am

Militarov wrote:

Actually they would need 2, depending on ship size. Ideally that new Ka-31 replacement we keep hearing about + Ka-60.

i agree, or new one + Ka-60
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian Naval Aviation: News - Page 7 Empty Russian Naval Aviation: News

Post  sepheronx Mon May 16, 2016 12:58 am

Ka-60 will be kinda hard since right now Russia is just getting its production of VK-2500 going for its current helicopters Ka-52 and Mi-28. The current ones used for it are French and based from a contract back in 2011 but obviously that wont work now. So Ka-60 development for military purposes will be pushed back for a couple more years to improve the VK-2500 to Mark III in order to get it powerful enough for the Ka-60.

Post  Guest Mon May 16, 2016 1:16 am

sepheronx wrote:Ka-60 will be kinda hard since right now Russia is just getting its production of VK-2500 going for its current helicopters Ka-52 and Mi-28.  The current ones used for it are French and based from a contract back in 2011 but obviously that wont work now.  So Ka-60 development for military purposes will be pushed back for a couple more years to improve the VK-2500 to Mark III in order to get it powerful enough for the Ka-60.

Well they mentioned K-226 navalised variant but i am not fan of that idea. Mi-14 restart project was also mentioned but its still too big for certain ships, that new replacement for Ka-27 family is also an option but it wont be ready for some years most likely.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:25 pm