Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+45
GarryB
max steel
OminousSpudd
kvs
fragmachine
Vann7
A Different Voice
TheArmenian
magnumcromagnon
Austin
higurashihougi
Rmf
Hannibal Barca
Godric
AlfaT8
Kimppis
Walther von Oldenburg
mutantsushi
Nikander
Book.
NationalRus
KomissarBojanchev
Cowboy's daughter
PapaDragon
Dforce
George1
Firebird
Regular
bmtppk
zg18
Maximmmm
Karl Haushofer
victor1985
medo
KoTeMoRe
franco
Viktor
Werewolf
Project Canada
Prince Darling
Svyatoslavich
flamming_python
par far
Neutrality
JohninMK
49 posters

Russian Economy General News: #5

Russian Economy General News: #5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

Post  Guest Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:06 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Austin wrote:Russian Carriers Struggle as Sanctions Drag Economy Down

Got any other more credible links?  

Aeroflot is a massive company (much larger than Astana airlines).  They are not in "Dire straits".  They are doing quite well.  Not as well as before but well.  Some others relied on long distant flights, so they are screwed.  But this article is pure nonesense and as I pointed out in other thread, are trying to make it sound like Russia's GDP drop will be 9% (gee, we heard this one before).

I think it is time to find yourself some new sources Austin.

One thing I think people like to forget is that large companies tend to be quite adaptive to various situations due to having large revenues to be able to make such changes.  In this case, Russia will increase domestic flights, and change routes to other countries.
    Actually Aeroflot has increased a lot of their routes now and in the near future. I have found an English source, but I cannot post it without breaking forum rules. If anyone is interested, I will share it over PM.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Russian Economy General News: #5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

Post  higurashihougi Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:14 am

max steel wrote:Russia isnt the only country having titanium . period .

But it has the so-called Titanium Valley and has the biggest titanium producer in the world.

Probably many of titanium products of American companies were actually made in Russian factories.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:24 am

Wanna see BS?

http://www.finmarket.ru/news/4079358

"For the Russian market, the decline in oil prices inevitably implies a reduction in business activity, increased outflow of capital and a General deterioration in the mood of investors," notes the analyst of Rye, Man & Gor in Moscow Sergey Pigarev. - Given the high dependence of the Russian economy from oil revenues, the fall in the cost of Brent and ruble exchange rate creates a negative assessment of the Russian market for foreign investors".

A foreign company that operates in Russia states this. But once again, we can look at world bank and other agencies whom state that Russias economic reliance on oil is roughly 14% of GDP. So whom is lying openly?

Another good one:
    http://www.finmarket.ru/currency/news/4079433

Net Profit fell of Sberbank. Makes it sound worst that it is net profit that fell. But that still indicates they made quite the profit this year so far.

This is how groups like finmarket and like that operate. Really BS but oh well.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:44 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Austin wrote:Russian Carriers Struggle as Sanctions Drag Economy Down

Got any other more credible links?  

Aeroflot is a massive company (much larger than Astana airlines).  They are not in "Dire straits".  They are doing quite well.  Not as well as before but well.  Some others relied on long distant flights, so they are screwed.  But this article is pure nonesense and as I pointed out in other thread, are trying to make it sound like Russia's GDP drop will be 9% (gee, we heard this one before).

I think it is time to find yourself some new sources Austin.

One thing I think people like to forget is that large companies tend to be quite adaptive to various situations due to having large revenues to be able to make such changes.  In this case, Russia will increase domestic flights, and change routes to other countries.
    Actually Aeroflot has increased a lot of their routes now and in the near future. I have found an English source, but I cannot post it without breaking forum rules. If anyone is interested, I will share it over PM.

So any losses they incur could very well be due to taking risk instead of reflecting Russian economic activity.

I find all of the NATO media coverage of the Russian economy today to be nothing more than wishful thinking and
    projection. It is really quite something to behold and has a distinct Orwellian aspect.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:15 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:USA sharpened sanctions against Gazprom. Now Gazprom can't receive technologies necessary for exploration and obtaining of gas and oil in the Sakhalin project. This blatantly shows that this sanctions politics has nothing to do with the war in Ukraine and everything with the USA using scumbag methods to push out competition out of the oil market.

I say the time has come to completely destroy the American space industry. Force Roskosmos to stop the delivery of RD-181 engines and look for other partners to sell. I think China and India would be interested.

magnumcromagnon wrote:The most effective countermeasure would be to introduce an titanium embargo on NATO states, and cut a deal with China to make up the difference with a 25-50% mark up. It's the most effective way to weaken NATO's airpower, much more effective than any military system that Russia or any country could produce, and it'll give China a 'strategic bottleneck' and leverage it could use against the US and Japan. As I said before Boeing who just so happens to be heavily invested in the NATO ABM's, is heavily reliant on Russia for titanium...so reliant that Russia provides at least 40% of the titanium for Boeing, and a good portion of it's landing gear.

The level of arrogance that orbits Boeing's 'chairman of the board', for them to be the main contractor for the GBI Euro Meatshield that threatens Russia, while simultaneously being reliant on Russia for at least 40% of it's titanium, as well as rocket engines that power their Atlas V rockets, as well as maintaining the ISS.

Uhh no

You know what's arrogant?

Cutting yourselves out of a market and pretending that by so doing you're hurting the other guy's economy; because you're so important and your technologies are so precious and no-one else can produce what you're producing.

That's exactly what the US and EU have done, and it's turned out to be a mistake that's hurting their own companies and pushing Russia to develop domestic alternatives and give business and partnerships to rapidly rising producers in Asia.
    Russia then responded not by cutting out it's own companies from Western markets; but by cutting out even more Western producers from Russian markets - agricultural prodeucers in this case.
    Result? Russia 2 : US/EU 0.

What Russia shouldn't do, is commit the same mistake as the US and EU.
    Delivering engines is good business.
    Delivering titanium is good business.
    Any deals, where Russia actually sells high-value added, innovative goods to any market - is good business.

There is absolutely no reason to stop it. What would the objective be exactly? Yeah, just like in Russia's case, Boeing and NASA and so on would be temporarily hurt, they will take loses, etc... But just like Russia, in the longer run, they will develop or source their own alternatives - Russia is no more irreplacable to anyone than the West is; a lot less so actually.
    And when they do come up with alternatives; they won't go back to doing business with Russia again. Boeing has invested a lot in Russia. Not just titanium; they have R&D centres here, JVs and some other projects. This is a very mutually profitable partnership; it doesn't matter how bad the government relations are, this is business FFS. And being part of whatever American defence projects is business for Boeing too. It's a corporation, the politics of this or that don't interest it.

Some of you guys are willing to chuck away some of Russia's most profitable business ventures and biggest customers for the sake of some short-term political capital.
    Only the West is dumb enough to do that, no need to follow it to the abyss.

I didn't say force Russian producers of rocket engines to stop production. I said look for other buyers. Simply switch or reorientate their business to other countries while maintaining the same (or more) profit and revenue. Sure, perhaps the US will be forced to produce their own. Hell, they are already pumping money into rocket engine R&D so it's a matter of time before they will reject Russian engines. I say it's time for "Energia" to start looking for other buyers because it's unwise to rely completely on one single party. Don't you agree?

Reason why NASA still buys from Energia is because of cost. So if the US Administration wants to increase the cost for Gazprom by refusing to sell them technology to extract oil in difficult-to-reach areas I say let the Russian Duma increase the cost for NASA by forcing them to buy from American companies at twice or thrice the cost. I even doubt they have anything similar to RD-180 or RD-181 right now. So maybe next time Congress will take these things into consideration when they need to decide whether to give money to NASA or to Ukraine. Considering the arrogance of these dimwit neocons they'll most likely continue to fuel the Ukrainian war machine and destroy their space industry in the process and I won't care. Perhaps all these companies and research institutes will knock on Russia's doors to put their satellites into space.

Creating short-term political goals only is bad, I agree. Creating short-term political goals with long-term economical gains, however, is a better strategy IMHO. flamming_python even you have to start thinking that perhaps playing the nice guy isn't always the best strategy. Iran wasn't playing the nice guy when they were hit with sanctions and they are still far from being the nice guy today, when these sanctions are about to be lifted.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:38 pm

Neutrality wrote:.........................
    ......,Creating short-term political goals only is bad, I agree. Creating short-term political goals with long-term economical gains, however, is a better strategy IMHO. flamming_python even you have to start thinking that perhaps playing the nice guy isn't always the best strategy. Iran wasn't playing the nice guy when they were hit with sanctions and they are still far from being the nice guy today, when these sanctions are about to be lifted

You are getting upset over nothing here my friend.

Gazprom ''sanctions'' are a detail that is designed to create flashy headlines not actual harm since that gear will be acquired or produced one way or the other.

As for rocket engines, well, despite what idiots in DC say, USAF is in no hurry to replace RD-180 simply because they know what gets the job done and, unlike idiots in office, they have something called long term planing. If they really wanted different engines they would have had them long ago...

They also know better than anyone that war against Russia will not be happening, period.

Also, funding for local engines in USA is not increasing, it actually stagnates if not even decreases.

McCain can bark all he wants but it will not alter fabric of reality. Relax and enjoy the show... thumbsup
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:57 pm

Unlike the West, Russia has all kinds and the biggest resources on this planet, for cheap prices and the highest quality. The West has nothing to offer in that amount they need for their products, nor prize or quality. Russia should and must increase costs for Titanium at least 40%, the US and their vassals of EU can not without Titanium and there are no alternatives, since alternatives are all BRICS members except of useless ukraine and Japan can not deliver such amounts like China,Russia or Kazakhstan. They all would profit from increasing costs on Titanium, not to mention they are already selling at low price for highest quality of titanium, just fair so they get money for the quality they provide.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:47 pm

Nice thumbsup

20 agreements and contracts signed at Russian-Chinese Volga-Yangtze dialogue

China signs agreement to build $2 billion chemical plant in Russia

Prince Darling

Post  Prince Darling Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:21 pm

Werewolf wrote:Unlike the West, Russia has all kinds and the biggest resources on this planet, for cheap prices and the highest quality. The West has nothing to offer in that amount they need for their products, nor prize or quality. Russia should and must increase costs for Titanium at least 40%, the US and their vassals of EU can not without Titanium and there are no alternatives, since alternatives are all BRICS members except of useless ukraine and Japan can not deliver such amounts like China,Russia or Kazakhstan. They all would profit from increasing costs on Titanium, not to mention they are already selling at low price for highest quality of titanium, just fair so they get money for the quality they provide.

funny that they didnt do that until now, probably because reality has nothing to do with your words Very Happy
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:50 pm

Simferopol airport handled 2.8 million passengers, exceeding the total of last year

More I read these, the more I question the person Austin linked.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:07 pm

The Chinese will be built in Ulyanovsk centers packaging of tea and tile production
    SAMARA, 8 Aug — RIA Novosti. Companies from China will be built in Ulyanovsk for the packaging of tea and the production of marble tiles, the cost of the two projects is estimated at 400 million rubles, the press service of the government of the Ulyanovsk region.

"Investment projects will be implemented at the site of a port special economic zone. The total investment will amount to 400 million roubles for 200 million rubles in every project," — said in a release.

The signing of the two agreements was held in Chengdu in the framework of the round table of heads of regions of the Volga Federal district and representatives of the regions of the upper and middle reaches of the Yangtze river.

The first agreement is with the company "Jumin" — includes investment in the construction of a centre for distribution and packaging of tea on the territory of the Ulyanovsk region. Earlier it was reported that the region has already chosen a site for the company to Chinese investors.

Chinese investors make out a ground under the Saratov for bus factory
    SAMARA, 8 Aug — RIA Novosti. Chinese investors have begun preliminary projects and draw up land for the construction of a bus factory in the Saratov region, told RIA Novosti the Ministry of economic development of the region.

"Currently under pre-project and technical-economic justification of the project. Once the certification and other mandatory procedures the parties intend to begin construction of the plant", — reported in regional economic development.

According to the press service of the government of the Saratov region, now investors are engaged in registration of land in the Krasnoarmeysky district of the region. The production site is 62 kilometers from Saratov on the Federal highway Syzran-Volgograd. The plant will be located between the cities of Volgograd, Saratov, Voronezh, Penza.

The agreement on creation of joint Russian-Chinese venture for the production of buses between companies Dongfeng Yangtse Hongkong Limited ("Dongfeng Yangtze Hong Kong limited") and LLC PC "Signal-Mash" (Saratov region) was signed in October 2014. The joint venture company "Dongfeng Yangtze — Saratov" was registered in December last year. The estimated investment in the project is around 100 million US dollars.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:08 pm

Prince Darling wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:Unlike the West, Russia has all kinds and the biggest resources on this planet, for cheap prices and the highest quality. The West has nothing to offer in that amount they need for their products, nor prize or quality. Russia should and must increase costs for Titanium at least 40%, the US and their vassals of EU can not without Titanium and there are no alternatives, since alternatives are all BRICS members except of useless ukraine and Japan can not deliver such amounts like China,Russia or Kazakhstan. They all would profit from increasing costs on Titanium, not to mention they are already selling at low price for highest quality of titanium, just fair so they get money for the quality they provide.

funny that they didnt do that until now, probably because reality has nothing to do with your words Very Happy

They also got nukes and looking by aggressive primitive russian nature they should have nuked already half the world but reality looks different. Such phrases reflect nothing on reality with some people's thoughts, but fact remains BRICS countries are nearly monopoly on Titanium export and without doubt their titanium means they can dictate the costs for their goods, the russians but tend to sell cheap, far cheaper than it is worth. They sell RD-180 engines for almost nothing and such technology is not in the reach of US for the considerable amount they would had to spend for several years to achieve an acceptable engine in near same performance compared with import costs of engines of such engines that outperforme their existent or future engines in performance and cost/effeciency.

Some real facts for you, because you seem to have forgoten... Who controls resources has the power to dominate. That is an ancient established fact, that is also the reason why everyone fights over resources and why Russia is constantly invaded or presented as a threat or a primitive nation that has no rights to live so "civilized" countries can justify aggression or direct war with Russia. Resources are the key to power and they do not attack Russia because they are jeoulse of anything or they feel russia being a threat, but because of resources.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:17 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Prince Darling wrote:

They also got nukes and looking by aggressive primitive russian nature they should have nuked already half the world but reality looks different. Such phrases reflect nothing on reality with some people's thoughts, but fact remains BRICS countries are nearly monopoly on Titanium export and without doubt their titanium means they can dictate the costs for their goods, the russians but tend to sell cheap, far cheaper than it is worth. They sell RD-180 engines for almost nothing and such technology is not in the reach of US for the considerable amount they would had to spend for several years to achieve an acceptable engine in near same performance compared with import costs of engines of such engines that outperforme their existent or future engines in performance and cost/effeciency.

Some real facts for you, because you seem to have forgoten... Who controls resources has the power to dominate. That is an ancient established fact, that is also the reason why everyone fights over resources and why Russia is constantly invaded or presented as a threat or a primitive nation that has no rights to live so "civilized" countries can justify aggression or direct war with Russia. Resources are the key to power and they do not attack Russia because they are jeoulse of anything or they feel russia being a threat, but because of resources.

Resources allows a country to do as it wants/plans/needs.

Energy is the only thing that stands in the way, and Russia being an energy power gives Russia the ability to produce cheap energy needs. Having both, gives Russia the upper hand. Economics isn't a science, so in these cases, Russia isn't necessarily good at it I Would say, not in a free market sense. But the people will need time to be able to adjust, and are doing so already. What Russia has is a real economy, but they will soon find out that having a real economy comes at the expense that they cannot spend everything they have on anything they like. Instead, they can adjust it to their likings in the future if countries like EU and US continue on this course of "QE is good and works!", while keep QE'ing and its currency stays the same (technically, it isn't supposed to but because economics are rigged....). But what Russia has, is the essentials for any nation to be a self reliant major power. Resources, technological development, energy development, weapons development and food development. The rest are simply additions. Since Russia has that, they can effectively become self reliant. They just wont be "Rich on paper" due to not having the same market quantity as the rest. But that is all superficial anyway. What matters is if the Russians could use their own development and resources to betterment of their people. They can make themselves look rich on paper by simply using inflation to their advantage and increasing wages, and continuously doing that much like London did for a century or more.
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:26 pm

max steel wrote: Georgia rejects anti-russian Sanctions-PM  Suspect

http://tass.ru/en/world/812944

What's so odd about it?
    The current Georgian government wants normal trade relations with Russia.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:28 pm

Even if Russia bans titanium to US it won't create much of a problem . China , Japan , Kazakhastan will sell it to usa .
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:49 pm

max steel wrote:Even if Russia bans titanium to US it won't create much of a problem . China , Japan , Kazakhastan will sell it to usa .

I think you missunderstand what BRICS is and that such measures could well be within a cartel like set up of controlling market of a few exportors. That is how oil and energy sector works anyway. They do not need to ban it just all have to adjust the price for titanium up at least 40%, make money while reducing US/EU capability of bringing titanium with profit into projects and highering the costs of military equipment, which is a very good strategy since US and its NATO dogs are driving the anti-russian propaganda to justify higher military spendings and are trying to get more equipment into service. It is only in russias interest to reduce military capability of NATO if it is in her interest and realm of possibility and it is.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:12 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    max steel wrote:Even if Russia bans titanium to US it won't create much of a problem . China , Japan , Kazakhastan will sell it to usa .

I think you missunderstand what BRICS is and that such measures could well be within a cartel like set up of controlling market of a few exportors. That is how oil and energy sector works anyway. They do not need to ban it just all have to adjust the price for titanium up at least 40%, make money while reducing US/EU capability of bringing titanium with profit into projects and highering the costs of military equipment, which is a very good strategy since US and its NATO dogs are driving the anti-russian propaganda to justify higher military spendings and are trying to get more equipment into service. It is only in russias interest to reduce military capability of NATO if it is in her interest and realm of possibility and it is.

How oil sector is being run by a cartel ? Kindly explain because Chinks will definately sell it to uncle sam and don't forget Japan ( they certainly will) , russia can stop kazakh but it will hurt their already weak economy.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:42 pm

max steel wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

How oil sector is being run by a cartel ? Kindly explain because Chinks will definately sell it to uncle sam and don't forget Japan ( they certainly will) , russia can stop kazakh but it will hurt their already weak economy.

Really? You ask really how oil sector is a run by cartel?

The attack on russian ruble by producing more oil and telling their little shit dictator vassals like Saudis to do it and reduce profits they get from lowered oil production.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:37 pm

More big joint Russian/China contracts. The ones I have highlighted seem particularly interesting.

CHENG-TU /South-West China/, August 7. /TASS/. The delegations of Russia and China signed 9 agreements on cooperation between the countries’ regions and more than 10 commercial agreements and contracts between private companies during the Russian-Chinese Volga-Yangtze dialogue, which is taking place in China’s south-west city of Cheng-tu. According to the information provided by the Organizing Committee, the agreements were inked by Government of the Russian Tatarstan Republic and the Chinese Szechuan Province, the Perm Territory and the Anhui Province, the Penza Region and the Hubei Province. The Republic of Mordovia signed 2 documents - with the city of Chungking and the Hubei Province.

An agreement on construction of cement plant in Russia’s Ulyanovsk Region worth more than 50 bln rubles ($782 mln) was one of the most important commercial projects signed on Friday.

Two events within the Volga-Yangtze dialogue format resulted in starting 104 investment projects, Presidential Plenipotentiary Envoy to the Volga Federal District Mikhail Babich said. "Those projects are being implemented in various sectors of the economy: machine building, car sector, machine-tool industry, petrochemical industry, agricultural sector. Another 79 projects are being implemented in the humanitarian field," he said.

The mechanism of the Volga-Yangtze dialogue was launched in May 2013. It is aimed at expanding the social, economic and humanitarian cooperation between the regions of Russian and China.

Not so sure about this one tho'. Glyphosate is Roundup, part of the Monsanto GMO operation and there are increasing concerns that it is carcinogenic. Roundup is gradually being withdrawn (not by Monsanto who are fighting it tooth and nail) from domestic use in increasing numbers of Western countries. One of the biggest problem areas seems to be the spraying of wheat 10 days before harvesting to dry it out in the field to reduce drying costs, but it also increases the chemical concentration in the final product.

CHENGDU (Southwest China) / August 7 /TASS/ The Russian company Renova Orgsyntes and Chinese Beyer Chemical Group, along with Lutianhua Group has signed an agreement on cooperation for the production of the herbicide glyphosate to control weeds, the companies said in a statement on Friday.

The Prime Minister of the Chuvashia Republic Ivan Motorin, said on the sidelines of the Russian-Chinese dialogue "Volga-Yangtze" that the agreement provides for the establishment of a chemical plant worth $2 billion. "So far, the investments have been preliminarily outlines, its $2 billion. After the project is approved, the financing will be finalized," he said. According to him, it is not certain yet, whether or not the plant will be a joint Russian-Chinese production. "Presently, we are putting together the work format, since before this agreement Renova Orgsyntes had planned to implement this project on their own," Motorin said, adding that the Russian company is cooperating with the Chinese partners on the equipment purchasing.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:19 pm

First time EU douchebags are officialy mentioning Russia food import ban as cause of their problems:

''EU Extends Support for Farm Goods Hit by Russian Import Ban''

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150809/1025552717.html

Someone should get out of the kitchen 'cause they don't seem to be able to handle the heat... Twisted Evil lol1
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:21 pm

One thing to keep in mind. This year, on September 13, the 7-year economic cycle ends. There are many doomsday conspiracy scenarios out there but just analyze this one and you'll see that every major stock market crash happens every 7 years. So mark that date in your calender. It will be interesting to see what happens.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:35 pm

Neutrality wrote:One thing to keep in mind. This year, on September 13, the 7-year economic cycle ends. There are many doomsday conspiracy scenarios out there but just analyze this one and you'll see that every major stock market crash happens every 7 years. So mark that date in your calender. It will be interesting to see what happens.

No need for conspiracies my man, October is the month when hatchet is scheduled to fall on shale industry.

Will be fun to watch. Days like this, I am happy I don't play the stock market... thumbsup
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:36 pm

Neutrality wrote:One thing to keep in mind. This year, on September 13, the 7-year economic cycle ends. There are many doomsday conspiracy scenarios out there but just analyze this one and you'll see that every major stock market crash happens every 7 years. So mark that date in your calender. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I think it is best not to lock onto the 7 year period as some sort of fundamental harmonic. It is clear that the global
    economy has quasi-periodic long term variability. There is nothing selecting 7 years. So 10 years or even long can
    occur between minima.

It should also be clear by now that we are in a global recession even though you would not know it by following the
    mainstream media. This explains the oil price drop since last year and not any sort of production glut. We had
    comparable global production in the last few years and yet the price never collapsed. OPEC production is basically
    stalled around 30 million barrels per day and all the talk about Saudi Arabia "flooding" the market are total rubbish.
    The prime source of new oil on the market is the USA, which has increased its production by over 5 million barrels
    per day in the last six years. But at the same time there is decline of production elsewhere so the only slack in the
    system is demand.

Unlike 2008, China will join the recession this time around so global economic drop will be much deeper and of longer duration.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:40 pm

BTW, the retarded NATO leadership has helped dig its own economic hole this time around. Believe or not the sanctions
    on Russia have produced a global economic shock at the time when it is least desired. Recall that one of the main contributing
    factors to the 1930s depression was the spasm of protectionism that kicked in during the 1920s. This reduced trade and
    contributed to the global GDP drop.

But NATO-tards love to believe that only Russia is suffering from their sanctions.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:39 pm

China approves usage of ruble instead of US dollar for border city

China's central bank has put the Russian ruble into circulation in Suifenhe City, Heilongjiang Province, launching a pilot two-currency (ruble and yuan) program. The ruble is being introduced in the place of US dollar.

The announcement was made on Saturday by Jin Mei, deputy secretary for monetary policy at the opening ceremony of a trade exposition in Suifenhe, reported state-run Xinhua news agency.

The newly-adopted initiative is to promote bilateral trade relations and boost tourism, enabling Russians traveling to the Chinese region to pay for their expenses directly in rubles.

This year’s six month Russia-China financial results look promising with yuan-denominated payments reaching the value of $1.32 billion, added Mei.

Wu Qinglan, executive vice-mayor of the Chinese city, believes the program guarantees a long-term outlook.

“Next, we will carry out dual currency settlement in shopping malls, hotels and restaurants in Suifenhe. All the banks will provide services accomplishing the storage and exchange of rubles,” she said, as cited by the CRI English news website.

A staff member at the local Qingyun Market shared his impressions about the move: “On our price tag, there are two currencies: one is renminbi [China’s domestic currency], and the other, the ruble. This has greatly simplified our trades. The Russian merchants this is convenient, and so do we.”

The initiative will not affect the renminbi.

In 2014, the Russian Central Bank and the People’s Bank of China drew up a three-year currency swap agreement, worth 150 billion yuan (around $24.5 billion), securing financial cooperation between the nations in the light of tense relations with the US and EU over the Ukraine crisis.

Suifenhe is a major hub in China in terms of trade with Russia and one of the points where Chinese and Russian railway systems connect.

http://www.rt.com/business/312004-china-russia-ruble-currency/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:05 am