Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+35
Big_Gazza
Russian_Patriot_
PhSt
calripson
Scorpius
marcellogo
Shadåw
magnumcromagnon
0nillie0
hoom
Hole
Sprut-B
Austin
ZoA
Interlinked
kvs
par far
Peŕrier
AlfaT8
Isos
Cyrus the great
Cheetah
The-thing-next-door
Cyberspec
GarryB
flamming_python
GunshipDemocracy
George1
miketheterrible
PapaDragon
KoTeMoRe
franco
Regular
Benya
Arctic_Fox
39 posters

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2

The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2

Post  The-thing-next-door Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:36 pm

What would be really nice is a high efficiency sound loudener for the PTRS and PTRD anti tank rifles or beter yet the gloriously absurd RES with all of its 70mm of armor penetration.

GarryB
    GarryB

Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2 - Page 16 Empty Re: Russian Assault Rifles/Carbines/Machine Guns Thread: #2

Post  GarryB Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:40 am

Pistols generally are not much use except for very close in self defence... it is a knife which can outreach any knife.

A pistol is better than a knife, but most people are rather surprised how much more effective a knife is over fists... knives should not be under estimated...

But a SMG is vastly better than a pistol... and an assault rifle means you can kill targets out to about the distance you would probably be able to see them.

A bolt action or semi auto full calibre rifle is probably more powerful than you need normally unless the target is big and heavy in which case pistol bullets and low power assault rifle bullets can't penetrate deep enough to do any serious damage on heavy targets.

The choice of the correct bullet and the correct calibre and firearm can make an enormous difference.

My uncle passed away a few years ago and he left me his mauser action 270... the Swedish company who made it now make Lawn mowers and gardening equipment.

My favourite rifle is probably my 1938 Mosin carbine, but the muzzle blast and muzzle flash is pretty fierce...

I bought a 44 carbine that was in terrible condition for parts that I ended up putting a suppressor on and it is excellent... you can safely fire it without ear protection and it is much more comfortable to fire.

GunshipDemocracy likes this post

Current date/time is Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:54 am