Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+67
Stealthflanker
Project Canada
Rmf
Cucumber Khan
calripson
Bolt
Black-Swan
Kadmos45
auslander
VBCI
medo
George1
Godric
Regular
Admin
Akula971
Erk
Kimppis
Walther von Oldenburg
Cowboy's daughter
Svyatoslavich
zorobabel
Cyrus the great
wilhelm
higurashihougi
flamming_python
arpakola
macedonian
Karl Haushofer
jhelb
OminousSpudd
ExBeobachter1987
Firebird
Monarchist
Boshoed
Khepesh
GarryB
x_54_u43
Vann7
SturmGuard
Zivo
Morpheus Eberhardt
iraqidabab
Neutrality
whir
zg18
KiloGolf
mack8
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Solncepek
Dima
Acheron
Fred333
ult
Bidoul
Rodinazombie
KoTeMoRe
PapaDragon
BKP
ultron
kvs
Cyberspec
Siempre_Leal
sepheronx
max steel
JohninMK
Werewolf
71 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:39 am

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 10 CUkWvMZWcAAmSUm

Video of Russian helicopters flying SAR at this moment.

http://www.cnnturk.com/video/dunya/suriye-sinirinda-savas-ucagi-dustu
    Rodinazombie

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

Post  Rodinazombie Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:43 am

Militarov wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 10 CUkWvMZWcAAmSUm

Video of Russian helicopters flying SAR at this moment.

http://www.cnnturk.com/video/dunya/suriye-sinirinda-savas-ucagi-dustu

If the turks have them, why dont they just hand them over? No need for SAR?

But on the video they looked like the typical bunch of wahabbi apes and heard a few allah akhbars, so whats the deal?

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:43 am

TOW attack on journalists video.

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:45 am

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 10 Radar

"Radar image" released by Turkish MoD for Turkish CNN claiming flightpath of SU24 that was shot.

Source: http://www.rts.rs/page/stories/ci/story/2/Свет/2115094/Турска+срушила+руски+Су-24+на+граници+са+Сиријом.html
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:47 am

Flight data by turks

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 10 CUkbwtuUAAAlPfL

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNNTURK_ENG/status/669096544650600448
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:49 am

Vann,

I sent a PM.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:49 am

I would also wager that those Turkmens turks were supposedly protecting will be getting VKS's undivided attention from now on...
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:50 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    One pilot dead. Any Russian politician who suggests moderation now will kiss his career goodbye.

WWIII then?

Meh, who would go to WW3 over today's Turkey?

Cruise missile/Kurdish republic "diplomacy" more likely...

Cruise missiles good but this is an attack on NATO. Must be pretext to retaliate. In a painful for kebabs way. Kurdish card. I hope this is not only physical appearance but also the spirit.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 10 18-hossein-yazdanpanah-joseph-stalin.w1200.h630

Monarchist wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    One pilot dead. Any Russian politician who suggests moderation now will kiss his career goodbye.

WWIII then?
    This is your only fcking answer whenever russians die. Or someone attacks Russia. Your brainwashing from Putin's liberal media is astoundishing. If the doesn't retaliate he should just resign.

I am the last one to be called liberast brainwashed, but full scale war is not the best answer for Russia. I am sure the answer will be.

SturmGuard

Post  SturmGuard Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:51 am

No backing down, no prisoners. Increase SAM and A2A, start dropping most destructive ordnance, prioritise Turkish clients within Syria. Syria might have just solved unloyal Turkmen citizen problem.

Last edited by SturmGuard on Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:52 am

This will not start a full scale war, despite our wishes for revenge it serves nobodies interests.

No, the response will be subtle, subtle and quiet but very painful im sure.

The only problem i have with the subtle approach is that by not officially acting against turkey after an act of war, you set a dangerous precedent.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:53 am

Auslander called it... Although I'd say it's not how he envisioned it happening.

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:57 am

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 10 CUklSvmVEAA-8cY

Turkish claimed trajectories of SU24 and F16 that shot it down.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:58 am

OminousSpudd wrote:Auslander called it... Although I'd say it's not how he envisioned it happening.

I called it that either fuck turks or scum jews will attack russia like they did before with syrians.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:58 am

If and likely when the Russian jet was shot down in Syrian air space the Russian retaliation (or lack of it) will determine how the West sees Russia in the future.

We have three scenarios:

1. Russia will do nothing and puts the whole incident under the carpet. This will be a signal for the West that a Russian military jet can be shot down in an international or a friendly (Syria) air space without repercussions. The next incident might follow in the Baltic Sea or near the British islands where the Russian jets routinely fly. They will just shoot down another Russian jet because the Syrian incident taught them that Russia will not retaliate. And they keep doing this until Russia quits the flights altogether to avoid losing more jets.

2. Russia will make a lot of noise in the UN and demand compensation, but will not respond militarily. Russia is not going to get any compensation because Russia lacks the means to force Turkey to pay anything financially. So the outcome will be similar to scenario #1. Russia will be seen as weak whose military jets can be shot down with impunity.

3. Russia retaliates militarily. Russian AA system shoots down one or more Turkish jets near Turkey-Syria border (it does not matter if they were in Syria or not). At the same time Russia starts a program to arm the PKK fighters with modern Russian weapons. Russia will also make it clear to Turkey (and other NATO members) that if more Russian jets are shot down Russia will retaliate with cruise missile strikes against Turkish infrastructure targets (military bases, important power plants) from the Caspian Sea.

Maybe Turkey shooting down a Russian jet was a pre-planned test to see how Russia reacts and to make Russian military campaign in Syria so much more difficult?
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:02 pm

Flightpaths may well be correct, but its still no justification for the shootdown, its a war right on the border, its not like russian jets were low level flying through the streets of istanbul.  Its not ideal that a russian jet may accidentally skirt your airspace, but you should be sensible enough to deal with it like an adult peacefully. Dont go shooting it down when it presents no threat to you or your citizens unless you want a war.

At what point was the jet attacked though? It does look like the actual hit was in syrian airspace, or am i reading that incorrectly?

Last edited by Rodinazombie on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:02 pm

Дај Боже браќата пилоти да се добро! Hope they parachuted to safety! Though I've seen pics that don't offer encouragement (well, to say the least)!

Guys this is some serious stuff!
    Russia can't afford not to retaliate, and yet - it can not afford to deal with turks as it did with the Germans in WWII...
    This very well might be WWIII in the making! Turkey bit off more than it can chew if you ask me...yet I feel that Erdogan was itching for it...supported (read: instruct) by the anglo-american-zionists.
    Even the historic 5(five) centuries of Ottoman occupation of my homeland doesn't make me as angry at the Turks as I am today!!! FUCK 'EM!!! I say!!!
    Shit, I hate Turkey more than anything today! And I (well for the most part) never give-in to hate!

Russia's prestige is at stake here, and effin' Erdogan effin' knows it! That's what the Syrian involvement was/is all about really!
    Apparently so do Putin and Lavrov.

So what do you reckon 's next?!
    No Turkey?! (hate to say: but I do love the prospect)!
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:03 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:If and likely when the Russian jet was shot down in Syrian air space the Russian retaliation (or lack of it) will determine how the West sees Russia in the future.

We have three scenarios:

3. Russia retaliates militarily. Russian AA system shoots down one or more Turkish jets near Turkey-Syria border (it does not matter if they were in Syria or not). At the same time Russia starts a program to arm the PKK fighters with modern Russian weapons. Russia will also make it clear to Turkey (and other NATO members) that if more Russian jets are shot down Russia will retaliate with cruise missile strikes against Turkish infrastructure targets (military bases, important power plants) from the Caspian Sea.

Maybe Turkey shooting down a Russian jet was a pre-planned test to see how Russia reacts and to make Russian military campaign in Syria so much more difficult?

Well those 12 extra Sukhois sent 5 days ago were meant to do something... Turkey did it on purpose -once Kruds will be strong and autonomous bye bye Turkey. Hope answer will be painful like hell. Both on personal and state level
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:06 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:Fuck erdogan and fuck turkey and its terrorist sympathies.

You can argue about blowong up power lines, but shooting a fucking plane down is very clearly an act of war. And make no mistake, dont pin this just on turkey, if nato are crooning about it then the responsibility is on them too. They are the ones who made such a massive issue of this even when turkey had kissed and made up with russia after the border incident.

Russia must respond now in equal measure, it has to. If it tries to brush this under the carpet the turks will start doing this more often, and the next time they send a bear to fly close to british airspace who knows what will happen, if nato countries will know that they can shoot down russian planes with no response.

This IS only on Turkey. ONLY. Obama wasn't having any of this high profile shit. Killing some Russian advisors by TOW's that Russia would reply by fucking up Jordanian "SF" and US "contractors" was kinda part of the deal, but that your village idiot Erdross would shoot a Russian plane, in Syria, this wasn't the plan.

So right now Obola has an issue, really step up and calm everyone, even handing over tribute kills to Russia, or stepping aside and having Russia and Iran go at Turkey, while counting the points.

hit was made well within Syrian airspace.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:06 pm

Time to finish the task, and this time on to Konstantinopolis.
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 10 25319775fa74

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:08 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 10 Razdal10

I measured this wedge on Google Maps... on widest its less than 3km.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:08 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:Well those 12 extra Sukhois sent 5 days ago were meant to do something... Turkey did it on purpose -once Kruds will be strong and autonomous bye bye Turkey. Hope answer will be painful like hell. Both on personal and state level

That's exactly what I'd do if I were Putin!
    Fuck 'em!
    Recognize Kurdistan in Turkey and arm the fuckers well. Well enough so that Turkey can't EVER mess with them...
    Hell give 'em the S-300pmu and everything! Be their most trusted ally!
    Let the Turks lose more than 30% of their territory! And kick the Turks off Cyprus while at it!
    Give 'em hell!
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:11 pm

Khepesh wrote:Time to finish the task, and this time on to Konstantinopolis.

I like the sound of that!
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:13 pm

The deputy speaker of Russia’s parliament, and a member of its international affairs committee, accused Turkey of supporting Islamic State [Isis] and shooting down the Russian plane over Syria, writes Shaun Walker.

In response, he suggested that Russia should cancel flights to Turkey and evacuate all its citizens. Nikolai Levichev compared the attack to the bombing of a Russian Airbus over Sinai last month, apparently carried out by ISIS. The attack killed all 224 people on board and led to the cancellation of all flights between Russia and Egypt.
    As individual politicians continue to speculate on the response, the real clues as to how aggressively Russia will react are likely to come only when we have heard Vladimir Putin speak.

The Guardian
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:14 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:

Cruise missiles good but this is an attack on NATO. Must be pretext to retaliate. In a painful for kebabs way. Kurdish card. I hope this is not only physical  appearance  but also the spirit.

Stop the NATO bullshit idiot..
    NATO will not defend Turkey if they attack Russia first.. Does greece will fight on the side of Turkey? will germany and italy fight on the sight of Turkey? stop being an idiot . NATO is a
    fail alliance ,that only is there for the money that US give its members and benefits.. but there is no way any NATO member other than real fanatic ones like Turkey will join a war against Russia. knowing Russia is a nuclear power.. IF anyone attack you illegally ,you have the right to fight back.. this is a rule of engagement that is universal.  So Turkey cannot ask for any international support if Russia now retaliates.  But again it will be better for RUssia to try to get
    international support to condemn Turkey agression on RUssia.. a UN resolution. That will say it was Illegal what Turkey did.. this will get erdogan with international pressure to stop iits war against Syria. any kind of support will be good.  US gov do not have Any support in Syria.. is alone with turkey basically.  

NATO chapter is only for the defense of a member IF it is attacked.. But if that member start
    a war MORON.. it will not apply.. but even if it.. they will not fight Russia if Turkey attacked
    first.  SO end the stupid Argument.. oh no NATO... Russia cannot fight them.. yes it can.
    and US will be the last nation to help.. they know Russia can blow them .

What is important for Russia now.. is to choose between..

1)start a major war with turkey and end the fight against ISIS..?
    2)Focus in gain international support for condenmation on Turkey and ultimatun that any
    other agression will be answered with lethal force..and keep bombing the terrorist? that is to keep things at the eye for eye level.. tit for tat.. so that Russia can show Turkey it will fight back. and at the same time keep things to a minimun level.. so it can continue fighting ISIS.
    3)or start a major war by proxy against Turkey using the kurds.. arming them with manpads..
    and provoking Turkey into bomb Syria so they retaliate.

in my opinion #2 is better.. because as long Syria is not free.. and not cleared , it will risk the entire operation of Russia ,which is what US wants. to save ISIS.. US goal is to break the support of Europe most of it on RUssia...for bombing ISIS.. and break the moral support alliance they had.. France
    last said was that Assad is not enemy.. and was asking US to change its policies in public.

Again idiot.. Europe and NATO are not united.. and Russia already gained some major support
    from Brusels ,Germany ,France,italy,and many others..  So Russia starting a full scale war with turkey could stop this alliance..

If saving Syria is the goal..and that Russia did not make it easy for US to break the support
    of most Europe to Russia should try to clear fast the Syrian territory and try to get some European support for condemantion on Turkey agression ,same with United nations..
    Because this will allow Russia to align the world opinion in their favor ,if they fight back and bomb Turkey in self defense. The last thing Russia needs is major protest in Russia asking RUssia to end the war...and neither RUssia needs to raise the popularity of Erdogan.  is the other way.. Doing everything with United Nations and Europe support could allow Russia to be immune to sanctions and immuned to lose the support of Europe for its war against ISIS.
    So Russia needs now an ultimatum if they feel ,they can get support of Europe.. or if they see
    war innevitable.. then they will need to start arming Kurds..with air defenses and ask them to close turkey border.. and Russian airforce will backup them..  that will be an AWESOME RETALIATION. Once Kurds close the border of Syria with RUssia airforce help.. the terrorist will collapse ,without supply lines.. and more easily the war finished.. and Erdogan if bomb kurds ,will get the retaliation of Russia..   Oh noo is NATO ..Russia will not fight NATO.. BULLSHIT.
    If Russia fight on self defense they will fight anyone.. as simple as that. US will be the last player to fight Russia with the very bad support Obama have on Syria..

There is also the issue of stupid Russian Tourist in Turkey.. that are diconnected from the planet
    and do not know their nation is at war..with that nation and US.  So it will be better if Russia retire all its citizens from Turkey and its ambassador in preparations for a possible war and cancel all airliner flights there..to damage turkey economy. instead of bombing Turkey now for macho show..and get its tourist citizens beaten in Turkey and killed. in retaliation. No

Last edited by Vann7 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:35 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:16 pm

Militarov wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 10 Razdal10

I measured this wedge on Google Maps... on widest its less than 3km.

Whatever it was, Russia was never planning to attack Turkey.
    Until Turkscum attacked Russia.

Its like the crime suspect punching someone in the face unexpectedly then running off. They do it because they are guilty.
    Turkey is one of ISIS (etc)'s biggest backers.

Therefore it is a terrorist state. Time to break the shithole into pieces.

PS I never went on holiday to Turkey. I never trusted them. Too many of em in my country too. All either heroin dealers or money washers.

Last edited by Firebird on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:12 pm