Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+67
Stealthflanker
Project Canada
Rmf
Cucumber Khan
calripson
Bolt
Black-Swan
Kadmos45
auslander
VBCI
medo
George1
Godric
Regular
Admin
Akula971
Erk
Kimppis
Walther von Oldenburg
Cowboy's daughter
Svyatoslavich
zorobabel
Cyrus the great
wilhelm
higurashihougi
flamming_python
arpakola
macedonian
Karl Haushofer
jhelb
OminousSpudd
ExBeobachter1987
Firebird
Monarchist
Boshoed
Khepesh
GarryB
x_54_u43
Vann7
SturmGuard
Zivo
Morpheus Eberhardt
iraqidabab
Neutrality
whir
zg18
KiloGolf
mack8
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Solncepek
Dima
Acheron
Fred333
ult
Bidoul
Rodinazombie
KoTeMoRe
PapaDragon
BKP
ultron
kvs
Cyberspec
Siempre_Leal
sepheronx
max steel
JohninMK
Werewolf
71 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

Post  PapaDragon Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:16 pm

Dima wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    Dima wrote:Hope you Or was it asulander who said Russian casualities are bound to happen? Who ever it is, hope they are satisfied now?
    Those who said so can now claim that "I said so".

Let's get something straight right now, my friend.

Each and every casualty in the current war in Syria is a tragedy, just as each and every casualty in the war in Novorossiya, or any war for that matter, is a tragedy. Sitting off the coast of Syria is OUR flot from Sevastopol, we know a lot of these boys and men. Flying out of Latakya are OUR boys, some from Belbek just to the north of us, so close we can hear the dawn patrol become airborne. We know a lot of them also.

We have put to rest 29 of our local boys killed in the fighting in Novorossiya in the last 18 months. I have had the sad honor of being the NCOIC of the Honor Guard for some of them. Our adopted son is fighting in Novorossiya. One of our prospective adoptive daughters whose parents died in Gorlovka has forgone her formal education, completed her basic training and advanced vocational training and is now, as of late last month, serving in Novorossiya as a field medic.

Do you really think I would gloat and say 'I told you so'? You can take your condescending comment and shove it square up your ass.
    Seems like you couldn't ignore my comment maybe coz you felt hurt or some other reason.

Thats is exactly what me (and probably many other might have felt) when someone comes up with his prophecy regarding the Russian contingent in Syria. Most people very much understand that Russia as a nation is fighting on many fronts including helping a trusted friend Syria against heavy odds with almost no other major power to really back up..... so every single day its with fingers crossed to see everything goes ok and it definitely doesn't sound good hearing some stupid prophecy about combat losses as if no one else knows about brutal reality of war.

Lay off him Dima, you are not being fair here and you know it.
    iraqidabab

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 25 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

Post  iraqidabab Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:19 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    zorobabel wrote:Turkey has announced they will soon establish their buffer zone in northern Syria. It's so sad to see Russia getting knocked around by a thug like Erdogan. Not much of a response yet.

And get incinerated like cockroaches that they are?

If turks had balls to do anything along those lines they would have done it by now and they would not be waiting in ambush for weeks trying to shoot down a passing strike plane and then immediately run off  to their pimp in Brussels/DC for protection.

Russia could easily strike back and nothing NATO will do about it, they're not going to risk it for Erdogan's terrorism.
    ult

Post  ult Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:21 pm

Bolt wrote:Three (?) men lost, two aircraft, a black day. Sad May the pilots and the marine rest in peace!

A question about the screenshot of the radar - can someone please explain me what is happening? the resolution is bad and I don't understand these lines. Green is Turks? Where/when exactly did they (F-16) cross the Turkish border?

Yellow plane in the purple circle. It's F-16. Next screen it becomes red - it crossed the border. The green dot is laser-pointer.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:24 pm

Bitches run for cover and say they did not know...

Turkey Claims No Knowledge Jet Shot Down Near Syrian Border Was Russian

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20151124/1030689898/turkey-denies-plane-nationality-knowledge.html#ixzz3sRFnrgiB
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:24 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    zorobabel wrote:Turkey has announced they will soon establish their buffer zone in northern Syria. It's so sad to see Russia getting knocked around by a thug like Erdogan. Not much of a response yet.

If turks had balls to do anything along those lines they would have done it by now and they would not be waiting in ambush for weeks trying to shoot down a passing strike plane and then immediately run off  to their pimp in Brussels/DC for protection.
    The Serbs know a thing or 2 on how to remove the kebabs ... no wonder Serbs hate them

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:26 pm

Dima wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    Dima wrote:Hope you Or was it asulander who said Russian casualities are bound to happen? Who ever it is, hope they are satisfied now?
    Those who said so can now claim that "I said so".

Let's get something straight right now, my friend.

Each and every casualty in the current war in Syria is a tragedy, just as each and every casualty in the war in Novorossiya, or any war for that matter, is a tragedy. Sitting off the coast of Syria is OUR flot from Sevastopol, we know a lot of these boys and men. Flying out of Latakya are OUR boys, some from Belbek just to the north of us, so close we can hear the dawn patrol become airborne. We know a lot of them also.

We have put to rest 29 of our local boys killed in the fighting in Novorossiya in the last 18 months. I have had the sad honor of being the NCOIC of the Honor Guard for some of them. Our adopted son is fighting in Novorossiya. One of our prospective adoptive daughters whose parents died in Gorlovka has forgone her formal education, completed her basic training and advanced vocational training and is now, as of late last month, serving in Novorossiya as a field medic.

Do you really think I would gloat and say 'I told you so'? You can take your condescending comment and shove it square up your ass.
    Seems like you couldn't ignore my comment maybe coz you felt hurt or some other reason.

Thats is exactly what me (and probably many other might have felt) when someone comes up with his prophecy regarding the Russian contingent in Syria. Most people very much understand that Russia as a nation is fighting on many fronts including helping a trusted friend Syria against heavy odds with almost no other major power to really back up..... so every single day its with fingers crossed to see everything goes ok and it definitely doesn't sound good hearing some stupid prophecy about combat losses as if no one else knows about brutal reality of war.
    Are you naive or what? With a project like this the odds of someone getting killed by enemy action are to all intents and purposes odd on, that is virtually a certainty. It is also almost a certainty that a Russian has already died in the past 4 years where special forces and advisers have been in Syria.

It is not something that virtually all of us, regardless of where and what we are would wish to happen, so why is it in any way disloyal, traitorous or in any way wrong to point out an obvious fact that combat losses in a war are likely?
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:27 pm

Regardless, that radar picture shows the Su-24 did not enter Turkish airspace for more than a few seconds at most, it was not an act of provocation. Turkey was premeditating the shootdown, waiting for an excuse.

Any response, up to and including a declaration of war would be justified.

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:27 pm

Dima wrote:
    This shoot down could have been clearly avoided if there was a Su-30SM covering the strike a/c.

Dont think so..

Planes can defend themselves from missiles but not other planes unless have
    heavy electronic counter measures and jamming.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:27 pm

http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151124/1030691269/russia-maritime-air-defense-syria.html

So not only is Moskva cruiser going to be monitoring airspace 24/7 and shooting down any aircraft that threatens russian aircrafts, but also fighters will be deployed (again) on all strike missions.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:29 pm

[quote="Zivo"]
    ult wrote:Screencaps from the Russian briefing.

Those radar pictures look really bad for Turkey.

I'm not even going to try to speculate on Russia's response.

The more I think about it, the more I think we've been massively underestimating these Islamists.
    They're penetrated into Europe, into Russia. There's vast numbers of Islamists and Turks in Europe. They have nukes in Pakistan. Substantial armies and a proportion 2bn popln to recruit as nutjobs.

Fortunately many are not absolute nuts. But 5 yrs ago, who'd have thought Turkey - huge European and Russian holiday destination, NATO member and trade partner with most, would have emerged as ISIS's main Islamic backer/creator? VIRTUALLY NO ONE.

This isnt some govt being asleep at the wheel. Turkey is actively BUILDING ISIS and commiting atrocities all over, while it was pretending it wanted to be in the EU or Eurasian Union and "friend to all".
    And dont forget Saudi AND the UAE (another holiday destination and "friend of everyone").

These are cunning, slippery little shits. I mean I cant stand most of these Islama-loons. But even I have been shocked at just how two faced and truly sinister they are.

However Russia reacts, it needs to react hard. I dont mean 888. I mean really hard.

Lets make no mistake. The blood of the Russian airliner AND probably quite a few other atrocities re Russia (andofcourse Europe) is on the hands of the Turdkish.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:29 pm

Zivo wrote:Regardless, that radar picture shows the Su-24 did not enter Turkish airspace for more than a few seconds at most, it was not an act of provocation. Turkey was premeditating the shootdown, waiting for an excuse.

Any response, up to and including a declaration of war would be justified.

Should be brought to the UN, in front of everyone, and demand sanctions or response agaibst Turkey or it means war.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:30 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20151124/1030689898/turkey-denies-plane-nationality-knowledge.html#ixzz3sRFnrgiB

Too late. Putin already told in diplomatic words... and soon cruiser with S-300Fort and more fighters will officially be there. I presume stream of weaponry to Kruds will only increase.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:31 pm

If the russian jets were in turkish airspace for 5 seconds , as it appears from Turkish evidence, then the turkish pilots must have had standing orders to shhot down any incursions. After that happened, it was cover your ass time.

The shot down Su-24M was a white 19, RF-95092

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 25 Ert_7210

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:31 pm

Godric wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

The Serbs know a thing or 2 on how to remove the kebabs ... no wonder Serbs hate them

Firebird

Post  Firebird Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:32 pm

Does anyone know the price and effectiveness of a mass cruise missile strike against say military facilites across Turkey?

It was interesting to read the article alleging that Obummer was considering kicking Turdkey out of NATO earlier this yr. I wonder what the French think of it all. Germany however is overrun with the lowlive heroine dealers.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:35 pm

Firebird wrote:Does anyone know the price and effectiveness of a mass cruise missile strike against say military facilites across Turkey?

It was interesting to read the article alleging that Obummer was considering kicking Turdkey out of NATO earlier this yr. I wonder what the French think of it all. Germany however is overrun with the lowlive heroine dealers.

The price is irrelevant.

Firebird

Post  Firebird Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:35 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Too late. Putin already told in diplomatic words... and soon cruiser with S-300Fort and more fighters will officially be there. I presume stream of weaponry to Kruds will only increase.

You've only gotta read his boasts earlier. Turdogan is a terrorist, a racqueeter and a major architect of terror. I was shocked to see just how much he has destroyed Turkey in recent times with his evil.
    "He"' (ok "it") is basically a kebab cooking, child buggering version of Hitler.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:36 pm

Godric wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

When you build towers made of human skulls (literally https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skull_Tower) you kinda get a reputation for being a shitty imperial master...

Well, after a point you get tired of saying "I told you so..."
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:37 pm

Zivo wrote:
    Firebird wrote:Does anyone know the price and effectiveness of a mass cruise missile strike against say military facilites across Turkey?

The price is irrelevant.

I'd send them a cheque. I'm just wondering how effective it would be vs land forces/naval bombardment and air squadrons.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:38 pm

KiloGolf wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:The probability of hit of an AMRAAM is minuscule (close to zero), even with no EW present. The probability of hit of a Sidewinder is higher, and that of the 20 mm gun is much much higher.

Why post this crap? blah, blah, blah

Just correcting your posts.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:39 pm

I hope northern Latakia is incinerated by thermobaric weapons.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:39 pm

and some good news..

Russo-Syrian Forces Close to Cutting Off ISIL's Supply Routes From Turkey.

http://sputniknews.com/politics/20151124/1030688092/russia-syria-military-close-to-cutting-off-isil-supply-routes.html

This is probably the real reason Turkey is now trying to provoke Russia into a war..
    Russia needs to protect its airforce but try to keep some distance *for now* of Turkey border.
    and fire from standoff position. and get Ground troops to do the job of clearing. Drones also
    can be used. If Turkey shot down a cheap drone of Russia inside monitoring inside Syria.. then Russia shut down the F-16 Cool This is what i will do. SO it will be 2 planes Turkey shooting down and Russian retaliate one.. it will be even. But Russia needs more airports to not have all their eggs in one basket.. so it can deploy more planes. i will say 2-3 fighters planes per each bomber
    and all armed with electronics cuntermeasures.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Jesus Erdogan has de facto become the responsible for the death of countless Turkmens on this very day. Don't care how many get killed. Just get those who killed the pilots, then keep pounding until the Turks are forced to cross the border, all the rest you can imagine by yourself.

Sadism is required here.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:40 pm

Firebird wrote:
    Zivo wrote:

The price is irrelevant.

I'd send them a cheque. I'm just wondering how effective it would be vs land forces/naval bombardment and air squadrons.

Russia would use all of the above if it comes to war. Cruise missiles would likely be the first wave though.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:41 pm

What would happen if the Turks shot down a Russian jet 30 years ago, when the USSR was still alive and well?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:08 pm