Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
Strizh
x_54_u43
Kimppis
Rodinazombie
Project Canada
Bolt
Cucumber Khan
Siempre_Leal
OminousSpudd
Heartbeer
Monarchist
Cyberspec
Walther von Oldenburg
Stealthflanker
Algerian Major
VARGR198
Akula971
Zivo
marat
victor1985
zorobabel
Prince Darling
NationalRus
Manov
franco
Morpheus Eberhardt
Neutrality
ult
Book.
GarryB
d_taddei2
mack8
ultron
Shadåw
higurashihougi
ExBeobachter1987
Dima
Flyboy77
Vann7
iraqidabab
TheArmenian
max steel
flamming_python
Werewolf
Solncepek
medo
zg18
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Max Italy
par far
magnumcromagnon
sepheronx
KoTeMoRe
Khepesh
PapaDragon
JohninMK
mutantsushi
George1
HUNTER VZLA
63 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

Post  Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:50 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 14 Attachment

Apparently Mi24P in Syria.
    Vann7

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

Post  Vann7 Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:52 pm

The Chinese are Coming!:

China Sends 1000 Marines To Syrian Coast

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 14 China444

http://blogfactory.co.uk/archives/13186

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:57 pm

Militarov wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 14 Attachment

Mi-25 (Mi-24D).

Post  Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:01 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 14 Attachment

Mi-25 (Mi-24D).

Dear lord i wanted to write Mi25 and i wrote Mi24P coz 5 in my language is "Pet"... And yeah there is clearly visible YakB gun pod.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:16 pm

here is Syrian migs 29.. they have about ~25 of them..according to wikipedia.
     and were not used largely in the conflict.. since they saved as reserve in case of a war with foreign power. Their role in Syrian conflict have been minimal. at least from 2011 to 2014.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 14 1266235_419105778210524_123170201_o

With Russia new counter electronics hardware and upgraded weapons .. Syria should more easily
    hold not only against terrorist but also NATO attacks too and their planes.. with missile jamming capabilities that is.

The biggest news however is China joining the club.. this could really change the bets against
    Syria. even though 1,000 soldiers is not a lot.. but this could be only the start . Russia intentions is to get all CSTO members too..and all BRICS.. ie.. INDIA ,Brazil ,South Africa. and with the support of UN.. (or maybe without it in the worse case..) Hopefully they will succeed. Very Happy

If ever that happens.. imagine that India airforce in Syria bombing ISIS.. side by side Russia ,
    China.. lol that will be epic.. and truly steal the show. we can hope i guess. Very Happy

Post  Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:34 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 14 XQ9bU

Iveco
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 14 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:39 pm

i wonder if China will send any aircraft such as Nanchang Q-5 as they are looking to phase these out soon makes sense to use there flying hours up in Syria then they could just leave them there once they are done. could even deploy J-7 (ground attack capable version) another aircraft slowly being replaced.

now if india was to get involved they could send their Mig-21bis and Mig-27's both good aircraft to deal with ISIS, India is also going to replace these aircraft and both could be operated by Syrian air force.

The war in Syria doesn't require highly expensive and sophisticated aircraft.

Post  Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:53 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 14 65178_277445575_about_5

Apparently pic from 2013. from 514 ARZ (Aircraft Repair Plant) in Russia (Rzhev) when last SU24s for Syrian air force were refurbished. I assume it was already posted somewhere around but i guess it wont hurt.
    par far

Post  par far Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:07 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:i wonder if China will send any aircraft such as Nanchang Q-5 as they are looking to phase these out soon makes sense to use there flying hours up in Syria then they could just leave them there once they are done. could even deploy J-7 (ground attack capable version) another aircraft slowly being replaced.

now if india was to get involved they could send their Mig-21bis and Mig-27's both good aircraft to deal with ISIS, India is also going to replace these aircraft and both could be operated by Syrian air force.

Is there really a need for China to send any aircraft? I don't think that India will get involved in this.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:14 pm

Vann7 wrote:

The Chinese are Coming!:

China Sends 1000 Marines To Syrian Coast

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 14 China444

http://blogfactory.co.uk/archives/13186

Excellent, that China is joining Russian coalition. I think with this ship China is sending ground troops to prepare a base for Chinese contingent. On the other hand I think China will use the same route for their combat jets and transport planes as Russia did through Iran and Iraq. China could easily fly through Kazakhstan or Russia (Kazakhstan is shorter route) to Iran and than to Syria. I hope Chinese contingent will consist of J-10 and JH-7A jets to bomb terrorists. Some J-11B will do its job fine too, but JH-7A is a real bomber will a lot of different guided ammunition.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:16 pm

par far wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:i wonder if China will send any aircraft such as Nanchang Q-5 as they are looking to phase these out soon makes sense to use there flying hours up in Syria then they could just leave them there once they are done. could even deploy J-7 (ground attack capable version) another aircraft slowly being replaced.

Is there really a need for China to send any aircraft? I don't think that India will get involved in this.  

This is an excellent opportunity for China to show and test its air force.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:17 pm

I highly doubt China is sending anyone. No photos yet and I don't hear anything official. As well, Russia has a lot on the line in Syria, China has nothing.

Post  Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Thing is that many Q5s probably have more flying hours than most Syrian fighters, same goes for J7s, why do you think they are replacing their fleet with such a haste. One thing is operating old fighters in peacetime, other thing is operating them as Syrians operate them on edge of what they were projected to do when they were new. I belive their SU24s probably fly sometimes monthly double the amount they were ment to by maintenance schedule. Other thing is if China brings their own pilots, jets and technicians, but in that case i doubt we shall see Q5 or J7, it will be most likely JH7A since its kinda far better suited for strike missions.

India on other side idk... i dont see them joining this mess, they might tho in cooperation with Russia deliver some spares or used spares for Mig21s or Mig23s since they are not viable anymore in their fleet, and they most likely still have certain amount of spares that will end up being unused.
    par far

Post  par far Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:43 pm

medo wrote:
    par far wrote:

This is an excellent opportunity for China to show and test its air force.

True enough.
    par far

Post  par far Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:44 pm

sepheronx wrote:I highly doubt China is sending anyone.  No photos yet and I don't hear anything official.  As well, Russia has a lot on the line in Syria, China has nothing.

China actually has a lot on line, if China intervenes in Syria, it will send a message, don't fuck with China in the South China Sea.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:52 pm

Not sure about China jumping in but even if they send a platoon of combat medics it would be huge event, geopolitically speaking.
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:57 pm

Monarchist wrote:@ Vann7
    That very same Turkey (Erdogan) that the "dear leader that never does anything wrong" Putin sat with when they together opened Europe's largest mosque in Moscow.
    Russian airplanes and soldiers are going to fight in Syria while russian children are being killed on the russian border with NATO weapons, we should all salute the great leadership especially Peskov that own watches for hundred of thousands of dollars or his whore of a daughter that takes selfies on the worlds most expensive yachts.
    But Putin and his khazar oligarchs have already said and showed tha the lives of jewish and muslim children are worth more then the life of a russian child.

as a nationalist, not patriot but nationalist i understand you and have some of the same views, i feel you so to say, but you have no fucking clue about geopolitics, and how to advance your countrys power and influence in the world for the benefit of our country, what to do and what not, and which actions will have which reactions and blowback.

a idealistic fuck (like you) is good as a soldier on the ground fighting or leading his troops but in poltics idealistic fucks will isolate our country becouse they take decisions out of the gut becouse it feels right and they just "have too", they will bring the world against us (aggressively) bring suffering and economic dispair to our people and turn our friends and allys against us becouse like idealistic fucks (like you) who like on MP.net say lets go take and invade ukraine in the middle of europe becouse "we have to".... or you do it in defence or you do it smart (like crimea) or take subversive action in secret or dont do it at all.

so seriously fuck off that bullshit
    par far

Post  par far Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:05 pm

NationalRus wrote:
    That very same Turkey (Erdogan) that the "dear leader that never does anything wrong" Putin sat with when they together opened Europe's largest mosque in Moscow.
    Russian airplanes and soldiers are going to fight in Syria while russian children are being killed on the russian border with NATO weapons, we should all salute the great leadership especially Peskov that own watches for hundred of thousands of dollars or his whore of a daughter that takes selfies on the worlds most expensive yachts.
    But Putin and his khazar oligarchs have already said and showed tha the lives of jewish and muslim children are worth more then the life of a russian child.

as a nationalist, not patriot but nationalist i understand you and have some of the same views, i feel you so to say, but you have no fucking clue about geopolitics, and how to advance your countrys power and influence in the world for the benefit of our country, what to do and what not, and which actions will have which reactions and blowback.

a idealistic fuck (like you) is good as a soldier on the ground fighting or leading his troops but in poltics idealistic fucks will isolate our country becouse they take decisions out of the gut becouse it feels right and they just "have too", they will bring the world against us (aggressively) bring suffering and economic dispair to our people and turn our friends and allys against us becouse like idealistic fucks (like you) who like on MP.net say lets go take and invade ukraine in the middle of europe becouse "we have to".... or you do it in defence or you do it smart (like crimea) or take subversive action in secret or dont do it at all.

You are correct but you did not have to swear at anyone(twice) and also screw Israel.
    par far

Post  par far Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:10 pm

Militarov wrote:

Thing is that many Q5s probably have more flying hours than most Syrian fighters, same goes for J7s, why do you think they are replacing their fleet with such a haste. One thing is operating old fighters in peacetime, other thing is operating them as Syrians operate them on edge of what they were projected to do when they were new. I belive their SU24s probably fly sometimes monthly double the amount they were ment to by maintenance schedule. Other thing is if China brings their own pilots, jets and technicians, but in that case i doubt we shall see Q5 or J7, it will be most likely JH7A since its kinda far better suited for strike missions.

India on other side idk... i dont see them joining this mess, they might tho in cooperation with Russia deliver some spares or used spares for Mig21s or Mig23s since they are not viable anymore in their fleet, and they most likely still have certain amount of spares that will end up being unused.

India cannot do a thing(military wise) because their Armed Forces, their Air Force and their Navy is just a mess right now. They are low on ammo(this is from high up generals and the defence minister himself), they are under equipped right now, so don't count on them for anything military wise.

NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:22 pm

to each his own

and dont hold your breaths on china, ther is a military maneuver planed by the russian navy in the mediterranean, so if chinese navy comes then its for that, they never took part in any foreign military adnavtures and surly they wont start it for syria, ther is no geopolitcal win in this situation but cons in negative light on them by ther neighbours and possible escalation in ther own issues with them, "spratly islands, S.Korea, Vietnam, even India" maybe they will sell some military equipment but ther wont be any chinese soldiers for syria
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:26 pm

par far wrote:

India cannot do a thing(military wise) because their Armed Forces, their Air Force and their Navy is just a mess right now. They are low on ammo(this is from high up generals and the defence minister himself), they are under equipped right now, so don't count on them for anything military wise.

[/quote]

India believes in Non-Alignment and update yourself India is no longer low on ammunitions , they have stocked enough already . Though India voted in favor of Syria in UN everytime.
    par far

Post  par far Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:35 pm

max steel wrote:
    par far wrote:

India believes in Non-Alignment and update yourself India is no longer low on ammunitions  , they have stocked enough already . Though India voted in favor of Syria in UN everytime. [/quote]

They have stocked enough but their army is still under equipped.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:05 pm

As I mentioned in the Ukraine thread, this is a career changing opportunity for many of those involved, especially for the pilots and planners. I can imagine that there is an awfully large number in the 'I wanna go' queue.

If the IAF are sent in to attack, to protect Israel's interests, and they lose a plane, that would have a big impact.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:42 pm

NationalRus wrote:

Tip: he is not Russian. Cool
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:53 pm

par far wrote:

They have stocked enough but their army is still under equipped.

Well you have something to back your claims ? Because Indian Army is sufficiently equipped to fend off any attack on India ( especially from pakistan.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:23 am