Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
Cyberspec
Azi
havok
Tsavo Lion
nero
LMFS
southpark
PapaDragon
GarryB
dino00
bolshevik345
medo
Austin
magnumcromagnon
verkhoturye51
franco
ATLASCUB
JohninMK
nomadski
Tingsay
AbdulhamidtheSecond
Hannibal Barca
higurashihougi
Rodion_Romanovic
George1
Godric
KiloGolf
The-thing-next-door
Admin
Aristide
Svyatoslavich
ScotchedEarth
RussianDefense
AlfaT8
lycantrop
mack8
Arctic_Fox
Walther von Oldenburg
archangelski
Hole
Odin of Ossetia
ZoA
Kimppis
Regular
bantugbro
SeigSoloyvov
Big_Gazza
Isos
TheArmenian
KomissarBojanchev
flamming_python
onwiththewar
par far
Karl Haushofer
Vann7
Nikander
gaurav
kvs
Arrow
Peŕrier
jhelb
GunshipDemocracy
Singular_Transform
miketheterrible
68 posters

Talking bollocks thread #2

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Talking bollocks thread #2 - Page 16 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #2

Post  PapaDragon Thu May 17, 2018 8:47 pm

Aristide wrote:
    GarryB wrote:So which is it.... in one breath you are ethnically diverse product of a melting pot and in the other you are the master race...

The european stock is the best of all, simply because our heritage.

Their heritage. Not yours.

And it's not best FYI.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Thu May 17, 2018 9:15 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Aristide wrote:
    GarryB wrote:So which is it.... in one breath you are ethnically diverse product of a melting pot and in the other you are the master race...

And it's not best FYI.

Shut up! He a 23yo Assistant to the Regional Manager, earning 3k per month, one month per year  lol1

He has a 300 euro Canon Bridge Cam* and you don't.
    He drives a Ferrero**  and you drive drive a Yugo Florida***

*Cause DSLRs are for idiots.
    ** Rocher
    *** I drive an Autobianchi

Talking bollocks thread #2 - Page 16 4653859_1_a

Last edited by KiloGolf on Fri May 18, 2018 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Fri May 18, 2018 12:08 am

KiloGolf wrote:

Okay now i need to ask... how...in the name of all Holy on earth you know about Yugo Florida...
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Fri May 18, 2018 12:43 am

Militarov wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:

Okay now i need to ask... how...in the name of all Holy on earth you know about Yugo Florida...

Yugos -and Ladas- were very popular in the late 80s, early 90s. Good prices on them but there came a point when Japanese and European cars became much more affordable.

My neighbor had a Florida.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Fri May 18, 2018 5:32 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Aristide wrote:

And it's not best FYI.

Of course its my heritage. I´m spanish/french.

And dude you have no clue how good we are.

In 1525 the most powerful and biggest nation in the world was Tawantinsuyu also known as the Inca empire

Talking bollocks thread #2 - Page 16 Inca2

And just 8 years later their god king Atahualpa face kissed the dirt...with a spanish boot on his head. 159 spaniards were enough to destroy the Inca Empire and conquer it. And we conquered the entire world.
    This shows how great we are.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Fri May 18, 2018 8:52 pm

Aristide wrote:Of course its my heritage. I´m spanish/french.

Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Fri May 18, 2018 9:16 pm

KiloGolf wrote:

Talking bollocks thread #2 - Page 16 Istock_000022933869_small

Smile

Is it still a topic in Greece, that France supported the ottomans in their conquest in Constantinople?
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Fri May 18, 2018 9:28 pm

Aristide wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:

Agia Sophia is a magnificent structure, we're very proud of it.
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Sun May 20, 2018 1:50 am

Aristide wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Aristide wrote:

And it's not best FYI.

Of course its my heritage. I´m spanish/french.

And dude you have no clue how good we are.

In 1525 the most powerful and biggest nation in the world was Tawantinsuyu also known as the Inca empire

Talking bollocks thread #2 - Page 16 Inca2

And just 8 years later their god king Atahualpa face kissed the dirt...with a spanish boot on his head. 159 spaniards were enough to destroy the Inca Empire and conquer it. And we conquered the entire world.
    This shows how great we are.

Biggest and most powerful countries in the world in 1525 were Russia, Ottoman Empire, China.

For all its size the Inca Empire was at the Stone Age level.

Spain and Portugal were starting to expand at the expense of various Stone Age tribes at that time, but that is not the real power, and in area for example Russia and China were still larger.

Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Sun May 20, 2018 12:59 pm

Aristide wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    Aristide wrote:Evryone would do so. It was the only reason to join the army and get the roman citizenship rights.

You're referring to locals then. So is that meant to strengthen your argument? lol1

Locals? You consider a man from Britain joining the roman army and send to greece as local?

You consider a man from morocco serving in the roman army and stationed in britain as local?

I think our intellectual capacity is too different. You have no clue about history and you dont even know the writings of Caesar. What are we left to discuss?

What really disturbs me though is that perverted wish to be a product of massive incest.

I have new for you. The only way to have non mixed dna is geographical isolation. There is no place in europe with not mixed people. Thousands of years of sar, trade, migration make that impossible. You cant change reality. And greece was a melting pot. Cato the younger called it a whorehouse and morally bancrupt

try the Republic of Ireland the vast majority of Irish are 90% + Irish around 50% of Irish are 97-99% Irish
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Wed May 23, 2018 10:36 pm

Brendan Morley
    @brendan_morley2
    May 20

Talking bollocks thread #2 - Page 16 DdomtQlW0AAELRS
    Catholics attending Sunday morning Mass under armed guard. No, it’s not #Syria , this is Nice, France earlier today.
    #terrorism #Catholicism #Europe
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed May 23, 2018 11:06 pm

i sent Arirtide 5 days vacation, but if he continues with BS it will be the longest vacation he ever had
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Fri May 25, 2018 5:16 pm

George1 wrote:i sent Arirtide 5 days vacation, but if he continues with BS it will be the longest vacation he ever had

For what reason do you allow insults against France but cant stand counter heat?

Thats not very sovereign from you.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri May 25, 2018 7:11 pm

Aristide wrote:
    George1 wrote:i sent Arirtide 5 days vacation, but if he continues with BS it will be the longest vacation he ever had

For what reason do you allow insults against France but cant stand counter heat?

Oh relax dude, you Granny Lover in Chief is with VVP now in St. Pete so France is cool now, eh lol1
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Fri May 25, 2018 8:15 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Aristide wrote:

Oh relax dude, you Granny Lover in Chief is with VVP now in St. Pete so France is cool now, eh lol1

President Macron. I dont joke about president Putin and expect same respect in return
    Aristide
    Aristide

Talking bollocks thread #2 - Page 16 Empty Russia does not sell Iran Sukhoi Jet

Post  Aristide Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:13 am

Its funny. Few days ago some here laughed about France because we dont deliver airbus aircrafts to Iran, which needs new aircrafts desperatly.

As it was not entirely clear for Iran if France would deliver Airbus or not...Iran insulted iranian aircrafts multiple times.

Iran Air said again and again Sukhoi is not good enough for Iran Air

https://financialtribune.com/articles/economy-domestic-economy/90307/senior-official-no-sukhoi-for-iran-air

Now that Airbus does not deliver, Iran Air asked for Sukhoi Superjets and Russia was bocked from delivery. Because more than 10% of the Sukhoi Superjet are produced in USA, they fall
    under the same sanctions as Airbus does and dont deliver:

https://en.trend.az/iran/3001151.html

"Iran Air Tours, an Iranian airline, has recently signed an MOU to purchase 20 Sukhoi aircraft and another Iranian airline has drafted a lease agreement for three aircraft from the Russian company.

However, despite the promise of the Russian company to replace the US-made parts with the Russian ones, it seems due to the failure to get a license from OFAC the contracts have been canceled.

“Negotiations were held between Sukhoi Company and some Iranian airlines. They are ready to sign a memorandum of understanding and prepare to use the Sukhoi aircraft in Iran, either rent or purchase them,” Secretary of Iran's Aviation Companies Association Maghsoud Asadi Samani told Trend referring to the possibility of buying Sukhoi Superjet 100 from Russia.

Referring to the US sanctions on Iran’s aviation, he says the only problem now is that the aircraft parts that Sukhoi produces is more than 10 percent American, so the licenses of the US Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) are required for sale of the aircraft to Iran."

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:48 am

So they will have to buy planes with no American parts... perhaps Tupolevs or Chinese planes.

Amusing you seem to have such a chip on your shoulder... the problem is not Airbus, or Sukhoi... it is the US... and also partly Iran... can they not read an article on the internet and find aircraft that don't have American parts in their design?

Or do they think if they sign a contract all the American parts will magically disappear...

It is in Russias interests to have aircraft and products that do not have American components or ownership simply because a lot of their clients either can't buy or don't want to buy products with American components.

Most of those countries don't have a lot of money so I understand why Airbus doesn't give a rats ass...
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:50 am

Aristide wrote:Its funny. Few days ago some here laughed about France because we dont deliver airbus aircrafts to Iran, which needs new aircrafts desperatly.

As it was not entirely clear for Iran if France would deliver Airbus or not...Iran insulted iranian aircrafts multiple times.

Iran Air said again and again Sukhoi is not good enough for Iran Air

https://financialtribune.com/articles/economy-domestic-economy/90307/senior-official-no-sukhoi-for-iran-air

Now that Airbus does not deliver, Iran Air asked for Sukhoi Superjets and Russia was bocked from delivery. Because more than 10% of the Sukhoi Superjet are produced in USA, they fall
    under the same sanctions as Airbus does and dont deliver:

https://en.trend.az/iran/3001151.html

"Iran Air Tours, an Iranian airline, has recently signed an MOU to purchase 20 Sukhoi aircraft and another Iranian airline has drafted a lease agreement for three aircraft from the Russian company.

However, despite the promise of the Russian company to replace the US-made parts with the Russian ones, it seems due to the failure to get a license from OFAC the contracts have been canceled.

“Negotiations were held between Sukhoi Company and some Iranian airlines. They are ready to sign a memorandum of understanding and prepare to use the Sukhoi aircraft in Iran, either rent or purchase them,” Secretary of Iran's Aviation Companies Association Maghsoud Asadi Samani told Trend referring to the possibility of buying Sukhoi Superjet 100 from Russia.

Referring to the US sanctions on Iran’s aviation, he says the only problem now is that the aircraft parts that Sukhoi produces is more than 10 percent American, so the licenses of the US Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) are required for sale of the aircraft to Iran."

The first article is from last summer, and the second does not add anything new.
    Russia is working on a version without american components and it should be ready in a couple of years. Btw, they already certified the APU that will replace the american one, and KRET will provide new avionics and navigation systems but I read somewhere there could be problems for the french engine parts of the powerjet. I do not know if they have to wait the PD7 engine to be ready before being able to sell to Iran. In the meanwhile, if Iran was interested they could sell them some Tu-204 (the Tu-204SM has some american components, also in the PS-90A2 engine, and that stopped the sale in the past, but there is a version used by the russian military that should be completely russian) and il-114 turboprop too (Iran tried to order the similar french-italian ATR-72)
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:08 pm

GarryB wrote:So they will have to buy planes with no American parts... perhaps Tupolevs or Chinese planes.

Amusing you seem to have such a chip on your shoulder... the problem is not Airbus, or Sukhoi... it is the US... and also partly Iran... can they not read an article on the internet and find aircraft that don't have American parts in their design?

Or do they think if they sign a contract all the American parts will magically disappear...

It is in Russias interests to have aircraft and products that do not have American components or ownership simply because a lot of their clients either can't buy or don't want to buy products with American components.

Most of those countries don't have a lot of money so I understand why Airbus doesn't give a rats ass...
    the only modern chinese passenger aircraft already in production is a regional jet (the Comac ARJ21) , that is in the same class of the ssj100, but with older generation technology, and anyway it could not be sold to Iran because it contains many american parts and mounts an american engine, the GE CF-34.

Anyway, the upgraded Tu-204 has no worse performance than the airbus a320 or Boeing 737 with old engines (the "modernised" A320neo and B737max have a better fuel economy).

In addition, if Iran want a widebody, Russia could even sell them a few il-96!!!
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:15 pm

GarryB wrote:So they will have to buy planes with no American parts... perhaps Tupolevs or Chinese planes.

That aside, and also your hate against France...

Dont you find Irans behavior ridicolous? Even when the deal with Airbus started to crumble, they did reject russian airplanes as garbage and trash and said they have zero interest in russian aircrafts.

The quality of russian aircrafts aside...that appears rather idiotic for me.

I dont see Iran in the position to act that pompous. Even more so, that they then suddenly say Sukhoi is good, when the Airbus deal busted.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:48 pm

Aristide wrote:

Dont you find Irans behavior ridicolous? Even when the deal with Airbus started to crumble, they did reject russian airplanes as garbage and trash and said they have zero interest in russian aircrafts.

I dont see Iran in the position to act that pompous. Even more so, that they then suddenly say Sukhoi is good, when the Airbus deal busted.

it is possible that, at that time they were promised the possibility to use the money that the old government of the iranian Shah had in western banks before 1979, but only to buy western aircraft.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:50 pm

Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    Aristide wrote:

it is possible that, at that time they were promised the possibility to use the money that the old government of the iranian Shah had in western banks before 1979, but only to buy western aircraft.

ha ha ha those few cents?
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:14 pm

Aristide wrote:
    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    Aristide wrote:

ha ha ha those few cents?
    cents? They were several billions dollars in the 1980s
    This is an archive article drom 1981

NEW YORK -- The shah of Iran had about $7.2 billion in assets, of which approximately $4 billion has been traced, the MidEast Report said Wednesday.

The Iranian government Tuesday filed a $36 billion lawsuit in New York against 65 defendants, most of them relatives of the late Shah, in an attempt to recover his wealth.

The New York-based newsletter, quoting Iranian government sources, said the late Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi transferred billions of dollars out of Iran beginning in 1974, partly in the form of loans to members of his family that were never repaid.

David Mizrahi, editor of the MidEast Report, said the Iranian sources indicated that Atisaz Corp., a construction company 97 percent owned by Mohammed Behbehanian, the late Shah's treasurer who is currently in hiding, was used to transfer funds.

Mizrahi said Atisaz transferred at least $15 million to personal Pahlavi accounts through Bank Omran, through a bank in Milwaukee and the New York branch of a Swiss bank.

Mizrahi said Benbehanian was presumably fronting for the shah.

The newsletter said some of these funds were used to purchase real estate in New York, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston and Oklahoma City.

Some of the transfers from Iran were made through U.S. corporations and banks as well as some New York investment houses, Mizrahi said.

In addition to Behbehanian, MidEast report identified the principal Iranian operatives for the Shah as: Abolfath Mahvi, currently living in Monte Carlo, who was involved in the purchase of computers, aircraft, nuclear reactors and other high-technology equipment; Dr. Houshang Ram, chairman of Bank Omran, presently in jail in Tehran; Jaafa Sharif Emami, former chairman of the Pahlavi Foundation and former prime minister of Iran; Hushang Ansari, former finance minister who has a home in New York; and Cyrus Ansari, his brother, who has a law and investment office in Washington.

Read more: https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/01/14/The-shah-of-Iran-had-about-72-billion-in/6085348296400/#ixzz5bkow7KO9

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:54 am

I don't hate France... just some French governments, and certain actions they made in the past, and their current toadying attitude to the US...

...and the attitude of some French people I know...

Actually I agree... there is a saying... beggars can't be choosers... if they don't want Russian aircraft that is fine... they can buy Fijian Airliners... Hahahahaha.

If they had any brains they would be wanting licence production contracts... in which case the build quality would be totally up to them...

If they had any brains they would not be insulting companies that they might end up having to work with when the US steps up its sanctions and contemplates invasion...

I am sure Assad regrets his behaviour towards Russia and towards the west before the revolution in his country...

Gaddafi didn't live long enough to regret his concessions to the west to curry favour...

The fundamental problem is that Iran and Russia have no history of alliances or friendship... as recently as the 1980s the Iranians were supporting the opposition to Soviet troops in Afghanistan...

cents? They were several billions dollars in the 1980s
    This is an archive article drom 1981

Goldman Sachs gloated about how they robbed Gaddafi blind during his dabble in the west... there are plenty of western companies that made fortunes robbing dictators around the world... the sad thing is that it was not the dictators wealth they were stealing... it was the country... and they will never see that back.

If I was Libyan I would get US citizenship and then start a window breaking campaign... twice a week I would break as many windows in as many Goldman Sachs buildings as I could... nice big expensive windows... set fire to a few other buildings too... you would never get that money back, but you can be a pain in the ass to those bastards.

Of course some could escalate it and target workers and their families, but I think material damage is a more civilised response to their criminality...
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:55 am

Iran could invest in the "stopped/cancelled" Tu-334 program, & Russia would benefit from it too.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-334#Variants

Iran got some of its $ back by Obama Admin. after the nuclear deal was reached. They could get more $ if/when the oil prices go up when Saudi Arabia/Iraq implodes & once the North-South Russia-India rail/sea route via Iran come fully online.
    The sad part is that even if they get all those $ back, there won't be much to buy in the West, including France, with sanctions still in place.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:24 pm