Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+85
archangelski
Wanderer
GarryB
HM1199
Isos
Benya
A1RMAN
hoom
Singular_Transform
Big_Gazza
miketheterrible
havok
storm333
OminousSpudd
Skandalwitwe
Rodion_Romanovic
chicken
SeigSoloyvov
Flanky
gaurav
AK-Rex
KiloGolf
Singular_trafo
moskit
xeno
Neutrality
ult
GunshipDemocracy
Werewolf
jhelb
mutantsushi
x_54_u43
JohninMK
BKP
par far
Book.
franco
Berkut
artjomh
Tolstoy
Cyrus the great
Pinto
EKS
ricky123
flamming_python
victor1985
Rmf
FichtL_WichtL
max steel
TR1
TheArmenian
Firebird
Kimppis
mack8
Kyo
kvs
Viktor
Cyberspec
AlfaT8
calripson
Hachimoto
higurashihougi
Sujoy
etaepsilonk
sepheronx
Mindstorm
Arrow
dino00
Mike E
RTN
eridan
Morpheus Eberhardt
zg18
collegeboy16
magnumcromagnon
Asf
AbsoluteZero
George1
macedonian
medo
Stealthflanker
SOC
rambo54
Austin
Vann7
89 posters

S-300/400/500 News [Russian Strategic Air Defense] #2

S-300/400/500 News [Russian Strategic Air Defense] #2 - Page 34 Empty Re: S-300/400/500 News [Russian Strategic Air Defense] #2

Post  Guest Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:30 pm

kvs wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Contextless crap.  So the clown doing the filming and spreading to youtube is not a saboteur right?
    NATzO saboteurs don't exist because NATzO is populated with golden angels.  

Context: what is the failure rate of NATzO SAM rockets in this class and compared to failure rate to those
    made in Russia.   Without this information this video just demonstrates you are a NATzO fanboi trying to
    "prove" Russians are untermenschen.  

Meanwhile Mighty Technological Power (TM) America can't even get its astronauts into space.   Maybe
    you should do a comparative statistical analysis on US manned launcher failure rates relative to the
    inferior Russian junk.

Fuck off already.
    Singular_Transform
    Singular_Transform

S-300/400/500 News [Russian Strategic Air Defense] #2 - Page 34 Empty Re: S-300/400/500 News [Russian Strategic Air Defense] #2

Post  Singular_Transform Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:54 pm

kvs wrote:

Contextless crap. So the clown doing the filming and spreading to youtube is not a saboteur right?

Context: what is the failure rate of NATzO SAM rockets in this class and compared to failure rate to those
    made in Russia. Without this information this video just demonstrates you are a NATzO fanboi trying to

Meanwhile Mighty Technological Power (TM) America can't even get its astronauts into space. Maybe
    you should do a comparative statistical analysis on US manned launcher failure rates relative to the
    inferior Russian junk.

https://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/smart/bgm-109.htm
    Of those 307, 19 experienced prelaunch problems. Ten of the 19 problems were only temporary, thus these missile were either launched at a later time or returned to inventory. Of the 288 actual launches, 6 suffered boost failures and did not transition to cruise.

Overall failure rate of tomahawk: (19+6)/307=8.14%

One tomahawk from 12 will fail to launch, and it is not considering the number of rockets that fail during the cruise or final part of the flight.

Just for clarification: the tomahawk not lanced by "cold " system like the s-300 , means that a rocket failure means the rocket not leaving the canister.

Due to the deigns of the s-300 the rocket will leave the canister unless the cold ejector goes wrong ,regardless if the rocket itself is not working.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:18 pm

Singular_Transform wrote:
    kvs wrote:

Contextless crap.  So the clown doing the filming and spreading to youtube is not a saboteur right?

made in Russia.   Without this information this video just demonstrates you are a NATzO fanboi trying to

Meanwhile Mighty Technological Power (TM) America can't even get its astronauts into space.   Maybe
    inferior Russian junk.

Of those 307, 19 experienced prelaunch problems. Ten of the 19 problems were only temporary, thus these missile were either launched at a later time or returned to inventory. Of the 288 actual launches, 6 suffered boost failures and did not transition to cruise.

One tomahawk from 12 will fail to launch, and it is not considering the number of rockets that fail during the cruise or final part of the flight.

Just for clarification: the tomahawk not lanced by "cold " system like the s-300 , means that a rocket failure means the rocket not leaving the canister.

Due to the deigns of the s-300 the rocket will leave the canister unless the cold ejector goes wrong ,regardless if the rocket itself is not working.

OK, so what is the failure rate for the S-300 complex missiles. According to the Cruise Princess it should be over 50%.

BTW, the Tomahawk missile is a subsonic, jet engine powered cruise missile and not in the class of the S-300 missiles (e.g. 9M83).
    You should be comparing to Patriot missiles (e.g. MIM-104D/E).

Post  Guest Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:35 pm

kvs wrote:
    Singular_Transform wrote:
    kvs wrote:

inferior Russian junk.

OK, so what is the failure rate for the S-300 complex missiles.   According to the Cruise Princess it should be over 50%.

BTW, the Tomahawk missile is a subsonic, jet engine powered cruise missile and not in the class of the S-300 missiles (e.g. 9M83).
    You should be comparing to Patriot missiles (e.g. MIM-104D/E).

Since i assume i am "The Cruise Princess" you might stop placing stuff in my mouth, as i never said anything about failure rates of S-300. Stop making shit up at least.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:58 pm

Just for the record, the missile for the S.300PS is past it's best before date. So all have to be given factory life extensions (5 years), so many have to be tested to ensure still operational. Perhaps this testing is one of what the video was showing.

Post  Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:02 am

franco wrote:Just for the record, the missile for the S.300PS is past it's best before date. So all have to be given factory life extensions (5 years), so many have to be tested to ensure still operational. Perhaps this testing is one of what the video was showing.  

Most likely, yes. As you can notice its launched from some sort of prepared site which is not very common on air defence proving grounds. So i presume its some sort of test site rather than launch site for training purposes. But isnt extension life 10 years? Our 5V27 here were getting 10 years life extension upon overhaul.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:05 am

Question for you nerds who served in air defense systems (Militarov), what are some life extension modifications that can be done to such missiles? Since you operated in the Serbian air defense forces, and you guys used quite the dated systems successfully, how did you maintain them? Or where they simply used as is and hoped for the best?
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:06 am

Could be, had read that the ones in the Russian PVO had only 5 years before needing to be replaced.

Post  Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:20 am

miketheterrible wrote:Question for you nerds who served in air defense systems (Militarov), what are some life extension modifications that can be done to such missiles?  Since you operated in the Serbian air defense forces, and you guys used quite the dated systems successfully, how did you maintain them?  Or where they simply used as is and hoped for the best?

When current shelf life is about to be over, you hand over the missiles to company that deals with their maintenance and life extension. They open sealed containers, missiles get disassembled, all electronic, radar and other components get checked, "spoiled" electronic components get replaced or restored, sometimes electronics get completely replaced if missile is getting "modernisation", paint is being removed and all types of chemical threatments too (aganist moisture, oil etc). Fuel gets checked, replaced...

Warhead gets sometimes replaced, at least the chemical components aka the explosive. Missiles then get assembled again, protected by chemicals, repainted... sealed and sent back to storages.

Here is video from the company in Serbia that performs that job:

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:29 am

Thanks! very detailed and quick response. I would give you a hug and kiss, but I assume you are a dude and so am I, so unfortunately I hate to break your heart but I cant.

Post  Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:31 am

miketheterrible wrote:Thanks! very detailed and quick response.  I would give you a hug and kiss, but I assume you are a dude and so am I, so unfortunately I hate to break your heart but I cant.

I am, tall dude with beard, you totally do not want to hug me...
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:16 am

Militarov wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Question for you nerds who served in air defense systems (Militarov), what are some life extension modifications that can be done to such missiles?  Since you operated in the Serbian air defense forces, and you guys used quite the dated systems successfully, how did you maintain them?  Or where they simply used as is and hoped for the best?

When current shelf life is about to be over, you hand over the missiles to company that deals with their maintenance and life extension. They open sealed containers, missiles get disassembled, all electronic, radar and other components get checked, "spoiled" electronic components get replaced or restored, sometimes electronics get completely replaced if missile is getting "modernisation", paint is being removed and all types of chemical threatments too (aganist moisture, oil etc). Fuel gets checked, replaced...

Warhead gets sometimes replaced, at least the chemical components aka the explosive. Missiles then get assembled again, protected by chemicals, repainted... sealed and sent back to storages.

Do they seal these components in a dry room/dry environment or just vaccum?

Militarov wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Thanks! very detailed and quick response.  I would give you a hug and kiss, but I assume you are a dude and so am I, so unfortunately I hate to break your heart but I cant.

censored

Post  Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:06 am

KiloGolf wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Do they seal these components in a dry room/dry environment or just vaccum?

Militarov wrote:

censored

Not aware of that. There are no special gas markings on the containers that i saw. Again, not like we opened many containers, we just dragged around missiles that were already on trucks.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:26 pm

4 S-400 regiments for 2017
    https://ria.ru/arms/20161222/1484313141.html
    Austin

Post  Austin Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:42 am

There was news few weeks back that they have upgrade all the S-300V/V2 to S-300V3 standards as part of modernisation of S-300V system , Plus the new V4 are coming.

S-300V3 is same as new export variant of Antey-2500
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:39 pm

Austin wrote:There was news few weeks back that they have upgrade all the S-300V/V2 to S-300V3 standards as part of modernisation of S-300V system , Plus the new V4 are coming.

S-300V3 is same as new export variant of Antey-2500

We are talking about 250 (min) - 350(average) new S-300 launchers in operation with guidance of 110 missiles on 55 targets cry  ! and thats just S-300.

We have BUK-M2 brigade, TOR-M2, etc .... Smile
    Singular_Transform
    Singular_Transform

Post  Singular_Transform Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:11 pm

Can the S-X00 work in multi-static radar mode?

I mean, two similar frequency radar can synchronise the transmission and receiving phases ,and listen to the reflection of the other radard(s) ?

Singular_Transform
    Singular_Transform

Post  Singular_Transform Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:20 pm

I tried to found data around the net, but it seems like the S-300 / s-400 using Erbus - 2000 CPUs, and the data mast of the radars seems like small bandwidth one.

The full deployment of the glonass was way after the deployment of the S-400.
    Elbrus-200: 2001
    S-400:2007
    Glonass:2010 -
    Elbrus 4S : 2014
    S-500 : 2016(planed)

Seems like the S-500 radar using a double cylinder antenna on the top of the communication mast.

Seems like it is upgraded compared to the previous generation.

So, the s-500 ( compared to s-400) has one magnitude (at least) higher processing capability, can utilise high precision timing and localisation data, and the radards has high bandwith interconnection.

So, maybe ans-500 battalion can be used in multi-static radar mode?

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:14 pm

Singular_Transform wrote:I tried to found data around the net, but it seems like the S-300 / s-400 using Erbus - 2000 CPUs, and the data mast of the radars seems like small bandwidth one.

The full deployment of the glonass was way after the deployment of the S-400.
    Elbrus-200: 2001
    S-400:2007
    Glonass:2010 -
    Elbrus 4S : 2014
    S-500 : 2016(planed)

Seems like the S-500 radar using a double cylinder antenna on the top of the communication mast.

Seems like it is upgraded compared to the previous generation.

So, the s-500 ( compared to s-400) has one magnitude (at least) higher processing capability, can utilise high precision timing and localisation data, and the radards has high bandwith interconnection.

So, maybe ans-500 battalion can be used in multi-static radar mode?

chances are, albeit 2S+ as it uses digital signal processors which is needed for radar systems.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:45 am

Four S-400 missile systems to enter service in Russia’s Aerospace Forces in 2017

A regiment equipped with the new S-400 Triumf air defense missile system has taken up combat duty in the Moscow Region

MOSCOW, January 11. /TASS/. Four S-400 anti-aircraft missile systems will enter service in Russia’s Aerospace Forces this year, the Defense Ministry said on Wednesday.

"A total of four air defense regiments were re-equipped with the S-400 Triumf anti-aircraft missile system in 2016. Another four S-400 systems will enter service in the Aerospace Forces in 2017," the ministry said.

The ministry added a regiment equipped with the new S-400 Triumf air defense missile system has taken up combat duty in the Moscow Region.

The new missile system arrived in the Moscow Region from a firing range in Kapustin Yar in the Astrakhan Region, southern Russia, after successful firing exercises.

"As part of re-equipping the Aerospace Forces by modern and advanced missile defense systems another regiment-size set of S-400 Triumf system entered service in one of the Moscow Region’s air defense task forces of the Aerospace Forces," the ministry said.

Another air defense regiment equipped with the S-400 system will be put on combat duty in the Moscow Region soon after being redeployed from the Kapustin Yar range, the ministry said.

The ministry said that the key task of the air defense missile regiments is to protect the airspace over the country’s important state administration and military control centers, industrial and energy facilities, the Armed Forces units and transport infrastructure from the adversary’s attacks.

Last year, Russian arms manufacturer Almaz-Antey supplied to the Defense Ministry five regiments of this system.

The S-400 Triumf is the most advanced long-range anti-aircraft missile system that went into service in 2007. It is capable of destroying aircraft and cruise missiles at a distance of up to 400 km and ballistic targets flying at a speed of 4.8 km per second - at a distance of 60 km.

More:
    http://tass.com/defense/924366
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:56 pm

S-400 air defense missile regiment assumes combat duty in Crimea

A ceremony, which took place in the regiment in Crimea’s Feodosiya, featured Commander of the 4th Air Force and Air Defense Army Viktor Sevastianov, the servicemen and veterans

FEODOSIYA /REPUBLIC OF CRIMEA/, January 14. /TASS/. A regiment of the Southern Military District, armed with S-400 Triumf advanced antiaircraft missile systems, assumed combat duty in Crimea on Saturday, TASS correspondent reported from the site.

A ceremony, which took place in the regiment in Crimea’s Feodosiya, featured Commander of the 4th Air Force and Air Defense Army Viktor Sevastianov, the servicemen and veterans.

"It is for the first time, that a unique air defense complex assumed combat duty in Crimea - it will raise the combat opportunities of the air defense," the commander said. "It would be a reliable air defense for the people in Crimea."

The commander continued saying the complex will defend not only the Crimean Peninsula, but also a part of the mainland’s Krasnodar Territory.

The armament of the Guards Sevastopol-Feodosiya antiaircraft missile regiment was replenished with the advanced S-400 air defense systems in 2016. The regiment’s personnel successfully underwent re-training and held missile test launches as part of the Kavkaz-2016 strategic command and staff exercises in August last year.

The S-400 complex is designated to destroy all types of modern and perspective aerospace attack means. It is capable of hitting aerodynamic targets at a range of up to 400 kilometers (249 miles) and tactical ballistic targets flying at a speed of 4.8 km/s (3 mi/s) at a distance of up to 60 kilometers (37 miles) at altitudes of several meters to several dozen kilometers.

More:
    http://tass.com/defense/925059
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:31 am

S-400 deployment ceremony in Feodosiya (Crimea)

Full photo report: http://black-drago.livejournal.com/734611.html

S-300/400/500 News [Russian Strategic Air Defense] #2 - Page 34 _DSC0372
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:50 pm

Can the quad pack 120 km missiles used by S-400 fit in the big tubes that are seen on the luncher above or do they use smaller tubes ? Because on all the pictures of deployed S-400 luncher I've seen we can see just the big tubes. So are they operating a big amount of the 250+km missiles or less of them and more 120km missiles?

Post  Guest Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:47 pm

Isos wrote:Can the quad pack 120 km missiles used by S-400 fit in the big tubes that are seen on the luncher above or do they use smaller tubes ? Because on all the pictures of deployed S-400 luncher I've seen we can see just the big tubes. So are they operating a big amount of the 250+km missiles or less of them and more 120km missiles?

S-300/400/500 News [Russian Strategic Air Defense] #2 - Page 34 5P85SE-9M96E2-Quad-Launcher-MAKS-MiroslavGyurosi-1S

9M96E quad launcher
    rambo54

Post  rambo54 Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:08 am

Isos wrote:Can the quad pack 120 km missiles used by S-400 fit in the big tubes that are seen on the luncher above or do they use smaller tubes ? Because on all the pictures of deployed S-400 luncher I've seen we can see just the big tubes. So are they operating a big amount of the 250+km missiles or less of them and more 120km missiles?

I think the 9M96 missiles actually won't be seen in the S-300/400 system but in the coming S-350

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:16 am