Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+48
miketheterrible
PapaDragon
kvs
VARGR198
ATLASCUB
eehnie
storm333
Karbafoz
Viktor
slasher
Big_Gazza
KomissarBojanchev
Arctic_Fox
Azi
Regular
calm
Akula971
Ispan
KoTeMoRe
higurashihougi
Cowboy's daughter
JohninMK
franco
Benya
ultimatewarrior
medo
Odin of Ossetia
nihilusa
Firebird
GarryB
Karl Haushofer
OminousSpudd
whir
ExBeobachter1987
flamming_python
Neutrality
airstrike
AlfaT8
Cheetah
TheArmenian
George1
MMBR
VladimirSahin
Vann7
KiloGolf
par far
Godric
Khepesh
52 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

Post  PapaDragon Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:36 am

KiloGolf wrote:......

what's the verdict on T-72B3 being present in Ukraine? True, false, what?

My verdict?

I am sure that there were definitely some T-72B3s , probably some bigger numbers after T as well. In much smaller quantities than Ukrops would want people to think.

But I am also sure that any Ukrop who was in position to see for himself did not live long enough to tell anyone.

All that's left are rumors. True as they may be they are still just rumors without evidence.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #26

Post  KiloGolf Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:11 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:......

what's the verdict on T-72B3 being present in Ukraine? True, false, what?

My verdict?

I am sure that there were definitely some T-72B3s , probably some bigger numbers after T as well. In much smaller quantities than Ukrops would want people to think.

But I am also sure that any Ukrop who was in position to see for himself did not live long enough to tell anyone.

All that's left are rumors. True as they may be they are still just rumors without evidence.

I've only seen that footage of the captured T-72 with thales thermals and all, one that DNR forces showed. But I suspect it's some export prototype of t-72b obr 1989 the Ukrops got off of their plants and rushed to the frontline. The Espresso footage is again the same situation, a T-72B obr 1989, the very first milliseconds show it has double white strips on the side. Then they parade some pieces of paper to make up a story.

Ukraine most definitely has and had a lot of T-72B (possibly few token obr 1989), and access to Thales thermals, even if their Army never got to order them.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:25 pm

My personal opinion is that there was definitely Russian operated armor that made sorties especially at the height of the Donetsk and Lugansk siege, particularly at Lugansk where KO'd Ukrop armor made it look like something had come through and wiped the floor either side of the E50/E40, quite possibly some Vladimirs. Maaaaybe some 'B3s ended up in Novo hands as well, but it's too hard to tell, just such a hodge-podge of variants there.

... I wouldn't of had it any other way. Cross-border artillery support hopefully was applied as well, in all honesty it was the least RF could do.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:38 pm

OminousSpudd wrote:-border artillery support hopefully was applied as well, in all honesty it was the least RF could do.

I'm only thinking of artillery, especially when Ukrops parked their MBTs to eat, sleep, R&R. I'm skeptical of any B3s crossing over unshaven
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:26 pm

Hello. I am in Crimea on holiday. My connection and equipment sucks, but I will be adding updates to my blog if something happen. Check this weekend entries.

Novorussians did indeed take and hold some positions W of Donetsk and in the S near Mariupol. Encouraging signs.

US sanctions will perhaps prod Russia to activate Malorussia project and regime change in Kiev. However, I do no expect full scale war until next year, after Putin is reelected. There will be an escalation of the attrition war during august, though.
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:49 am

Regular wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:

lots of Polish kit and helmets seen here.
    Somebody seems to have sold out their own military's supplies to Ukropia.

Haha, look at comments on Youtube. Polish people are saying - we hate banderovci, fuck you fascist azov. Poles are not pro-russian by any means, but they don't pretend that shit doesn't smell!
    Also polish equipment is nothing new, it's their gov that supplied Ukrops.

Polish people and "Polish" government are two different things.

Until late 2015 Poland was ruled by the "Civic Platform" political party which is essentially a German-Ukrainian mafia; it is known that the "Civic Platform" government supported the Ukrainian coup regime.

But it is possible that the current "Law and Justice" government also supports Ukraine, because the U.S. government tells it to do so.
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:25 pm

Greetings from Crimea, a hello to auslander, contact me if you ever want to chat in Skype.

Selected blog entries for the past 2 weeks, in Spanish, with links to the original Russian sources.

Translation help hints:

Spoiler:

Krasnogorovka fights

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2017/07/22/combates-en-krasnogorovka/

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2017/07/26/combates-en-krasnogorovka-ii/

More details of the materiel losses at Svatovo ammo dump fire. It was a sabotage of the resistance, as the fire at the larger magazine at Kharkov this March

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2017/07/30/el-incendio-en-svatovo-ii/

assorted war news 30 July

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2017/07/30/noticias-de-la-guerra-30072017/

view from the ukrainian side I

A report from ukrop sources of the fights during summer 2014 and why they lost

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2017/08/01/visiones-desde-el-lado-ucraniano/

Dead men don't get paid pensions

A look at the paper trail confirming the losses

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2017/08/04/los-muertos-no-cobran-pensiones/

view from the ukrainian side II

assorted news from ukrop sources about:

impressing retired officers to fill gaps, executions hidden as suicides, removing corpses from mass graves to hide own casualties and war crimes, cleanup of projectiles and explosive devices proves the intensity of the artillery bombardments and the partisan activity

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2017/08/05/visiones-desde-el-lado-ucraniano-ii/

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:51 pm

This story is in Russian, but basically the US Department of State, not the military, is buying (defensive of course) sniper equipment for the Ukrainians.

It details an order request to fit out 30 Ukrainian snipers with Leupold Scopes and Steiner binocs and some gucci tactical wear for two man sniper teams.

https://russian.rt.com/world/article/412726-ssha-ukraina-snaipery-oruzhi...
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:29 pm

I figure some Russian recon based equipment will somehow leak into NAF hands. I also expect some western ones too also somehow mysteriously disappear from Ukrainian stock and find itself into NAF stock
    Benya
    Benya

Post  Benya Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:58 pm

Southfront's report on US weapons in Ukraine

DOCUMENTS CONFIRM THE US ALREADY DELIVERED LETHAL WEAPONS TO UKRAINE (EXCLUSIVE)

SF has obtained exclusive photos of the contract between the Ukrainian state-run company Spetstechnoexport and the American company AirTronic USA on delivery of lethal weapons to Ukraine.

The specific contract is for the delivery of 100 PSRL-1 Launchers worth $554,575 USD.

The contract date: November 11, 2016.

The delivery date: April 8, 2017.

PSRL-1 (Precision Shoulder-fired Rocket Launcher) is a modernized version of the Russian anti-tank rocket-propelled grenade launcher RPG-7. AirTronic USA launched a serial production of the weapon in the quarter of 2016.  The company developed and now produces two modifications of the RPG-7: PSRL-1 (Precision, Shoulder-fired Rocket Launcher) and GS 777 (PSRL-2).

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 38 Screenshot_1-20

The weapons look like the RPG-7, but the usage of new materials allows for a decrease in mass while increasing ease of use.

The AirTronic USA launcher uses RPG-7 grenades. However, the company is developing guided grenades and increasing the effective range up to 2,000 m. Furthermore, AirTronic USA is going to develop new munitions, including thermobaric grenades and shaped-charge grenades, for the launhcher.

According to some reports, the launchers were delivered to the National Guard of Ukraine, including the Azov Regiment.

It’s interesting to note that according to the source of the photos, this delivery was an isolated case of the lethal weapons deliveries to Ukraine.

However, the contract and the delivery clearly violate US law, because the US legal bodies had not approved the lethal weapons delivery to Ukraine. Currently, Washington is still considering this option.

Some experts reached by SF suggest that the contract may actually represent an act of sabotage , part of the wider effort of the Obama adminsitration aimed at undermining US President Donald Trump and his declared policy towards Ukraine. The contract was reached very close to the moment when Barack Obama had to leave the White House. The contract was likely part of the ongoing campaign to undermine bilateral ties between the Trump administration and Mosow.

No matter what the reason was behind the decision, the lethal weapons delivery took place in April 2017.

According to the email received by SF, the source has all needed documents related to the contract and confirming the lethal weapons delivery. In this case, any independent investigation of the incident will reveal the fact of the lethal weapons delivery and confirm that the contract exists.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 38 1-84
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 38 2-27
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 38 3-19
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 38 4-14
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 38 5-7
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 38 6-5
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 38 7-4
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 38 8-4
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 38 9-4

Arrow https://southfront.org/documents-confirm-the-us-already-delivered-lethal-weapons-to-ukraine-exclusive/
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:30 pm

If the Pentagon/CIA wanted the sale blocked they would of done so. Doesn't really matter if Trump is on the know or not....doesn't change the fact on the ground.

This went through because it was meant to go through....

The "sabotage relations" narrative as if still "holding out hope" Trump can somehow "take back control" and "fulfill" his promise of "better relations/non-confrontation w/ Russia" is one of the saddest, most stupid and defeatist narratives I've seen around. "Baracki's fault" - pratically the whole damn political establishment and elite that matters in the U.S wants confrontation. Event's aren't shaped by the insignificant bunch without power, nor the incompetent unable to use and wield power. The fact the Russian's have co-opted this narrative is in some ways is worrisome as well. Although in Russia this opinion and narrative is not uniform, specially at certain high levels, which is good - thank god. I think many Russians, even seasoned politicians have come to realize that the presidency and its power in the U.S can be subverted and controlled - a shock per say, and more of a projection due to ignorance. At the very least they can go to bed seeing the U.S being self-harmed in the process. Then again, no gains will be attained if efforts to "widen/make permanent" this "self-harm" are not taken. Can't let the beast heal its wounds with the passage of time - because heal it will, despite a scar mark.
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:12 am

ATLASCUB wrote:If the Pentagon/CIA wanted the sale blocked they would of done so. Doesn't really matter if Trump is on the know or not....doesn't change the fact on the ground.

This went through because it was meant to go through....

The "sabotage relations" narrative as if still "holding out hope" Trump can somehow "take back control" and "fulfill" his promise of "better relations/non-confrontation w/ Russia" is one of the saddest, most stupid and defeatist narratives I've seen around. "Baracki's fault" - pratically the whole damn political establishment and elite that matters in the U.S wants confrontation. Event's aren't shaped by the insignificant bunch without power, nor the incompetent unable to use and wield power. The fact the Russian's have co-opted this narrative is in some ways is worrisome as well. Although in Russia this opinion and narrative is not uniform, specially at certain high levels, which is good - thank god. I think many Russians, even seasoned politicians have come to realize that the presidency and its power in the U.S can be subverted and controlled - a shock per say, and more of a projection due to ignorance. At the very least they can go to bed seeing the U.S being self-harmed in the process. Then again, no gains will be attained if efforts to "widen/make permanent" this "self-harm" are not taken. Can't let the beast heal its wounds with the passage of time - because heal it will, despite a scar mark.

If it really believed the relations with the U.S. would improve with Trump's election, then the Russian leadership was really naive.

Trump is an essence of ass-hole politics. He is cracking down on the undocumented/illegal immigration, but now he is also intending to reduce the legal immigration to the U.S. by as much as half, and it is already difficult to legally emigrate to that country as it is. At the same time, the "key ally" Poland is forced to host close to two million Ukrainian pseudo-refugees (and there is hardly any mention of this in the Western mass media), and the U.S. government has no problem with that.

Poland is also forced to host U.S. troops (already since 2012 actually), but citizens of that country still need a visa to go to the U.S.A. Already at least one Pole has been killed in a road accident by the U.S. troops in Poland, and guess what happened? Apparently nothing. And it is not like Trump really cares about his "key ally" and its citizens either.

He apparently has also some insane environmental designs.

Last edited by Odin of Ossetia on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:02 am

Blame Poland's government for being ball washers to the US.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:54 am

Shipping Kiev-tards more weapons just means more dead Ukr punitive forces meat and more dead Donbass civilians.
    If Uncle Scumbag thinks that Kiev will win with these military supplies, then he is missing enough brain cells to lack
    a functional brain.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Not read the report yet

Alex Kokcharov‏ @AlexKokcharov 38m38 minutes ago

Those who want to understand #Donbass #conflict better - should download this detailed report: a free PDF

https://prometheus.ngo/works/donbas-v-ogni/ …

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 38 DGtx5AOW0AEvoki
    Benya
    Benya

Post  Benya Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:01 pm

Uncle Sam has started to gain foothold in Ukraine, and to establish control in the Black Sea

US STARTS BUILDING ‘MAJOR PLANNING AND OPERATIONAL HUB’ ON OCHAKOV NAVAL BASE IN UKRAINE

The Situation in the Ukraine. #26 - Page 38 1-96-1024x768
    USS Chafee (DDG-90)

The US has started building a “maritime operations center’ on the Ochakov Naval Base in Ukraine, the US Navy said in a statement.

The groundbreaking ceremony took place on July 25.

“The Seabees, assigned to Naval Mobile Construction Battalion (NMCB) 1, have been in Ochakiv since April to establish contracts, obtain construction permits, and perform other logistical necessities needed for long term sustainment of the maritime operations center project.

The maritime operations center is one of three projects that are currently planned to be executed by the Seabees in Ochakiv and will serve as a major planning and operational hub during future military exercises hosted by Ukraine,” the statement reads. “Maritime operations centers are the operational-level warfare command and control organizations designed to deliver flexible maritime capabilities throughout the full range of military operations. Maritime operations centers support fleet management and the execution of operational responsibilities by providing commanders with flexible, tailored, and scalable staff and processes to make mission-critical decisions and enhance maritime capabilities.

Other future Seabee projects in Ochakiv include a boat maintenance facility and entry control points with perimeter fencing.“

In July, US missile warships and a Navy SEALs team took part in the 12-day Sea Breeze 2017 joint NATO naval exercise off Ukraine. The exercise took place in the northwestern part of the Black Sea, near Odessa.

Arrow https://southfront.org/us-starts-building-major-planning-and-operational-hub-on-ochakov-naval-base-in-ukraine/

Well, I hope that they won't expand it to a Naval or Naval Air Station
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:44 pm

Lmao just read that too....

Little by little, small leaps like a frog. Eventually the U.S will get what it wants and that's a Poland 2.0 on Russia's borders. Trump can dislike Poroshenko and all the B.S that went on in the campaign against him but rest assured, the deep state, the ones in actual control of U.S foreign policy, love their puppet. Doesn't matter if Poro crashes, he'll be replaced by another sucker that will do their bidding just the same.

I haven't seen such a well played chess move in geopolitics in a decade. Splitting Yugoslavia was another. Every time I read about "U.S losing in Ukraine" from pro-Russia commenters you just have to burst out laughing at the ignorance in display. There is no bigger middle finger up the behind in the last decade or so than the U.S stealing Ukraine from Russia's sphere of influence.

Only way to flip the script is to push for regime change in Kiev but the FSB/Russia are out of their league in that regard...soft-coups. Armed insurrection is the primitive play...which is what Donbass separatism is.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:58 pm

it isn't a base.  But I see what you are saying.  Yes, US did actually win in regards to Ukraine, that is true.  Russia fucked up and didn't actually help stop Maiden and I think Putin underestimated on how much the US was willing to keep the black hole that is Ukraine going, even if barely.  And yes, there wont be some kind of overthrow simply because the Nazi's in Ukraine have their positions hardened.

Only option now is for Novorussia or Malorussia to be formed as an actual country from within Ukraine, and obtain as much land as they can.  Odessa is gone.  Period.  The initial population that was Russian has been replaced by banderites and banderists won Ukraine in the end.  Oh well, best option is to harden your position and really make it obvious that everything in the back sea will sink if US tries anything and that all of Ukraine can and will be bombed to nothing.  Once again, that wont be a problem for US because they don't give a shit about Ukraine.  But I agree, the idiots on here who think that Russia won regarding Ukraine, is stupid.  US won Ukraine, as Ukraine is now lost to Russia entirely.

Then again, Ukraine wouldn't have been an ally or Friend of Russia if in case a war broke out between west and east. Actually, the would have probably sided with the west and it would be more problematic for Russia. At least now the Russian's know who their allies are and who aren't. As well, they got Crimea which is far better than Odessa. It gives Russia the strategic advantage in the Black Sea.

Thats about it.
    Benya
    Benya

Post  Benya Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:07 am

ATLASCUB wrote:Lmao just read that too....

Little by little, small leaps like a frog. Eventually the U.S will get what it wants and that's a Poland 2.0 on Russia's borders. Trump can dislike Poroshenko and all the B.S that went on in the campaign against him but rest assured, the deep state, the ones in actual control of U.S foreign policy, love their puppet. Doesn't matter if Poro crashes, he'll be replaced by another sucker that will do their bidding just the same.

I haven't seen such a well played chess move in geopolitics in a decade. Splitting Yugoslavia was another. Every time I read about "U.S losing in Ukraine" from pro-Russia commenters you just have to burst out laughing at the ignorance in display. There is no bigger middle finger up the behind in the last decade or so than the U.S stealing Ukraine from Russia's sphere of influence.

Only way to flip the script is to push for regime change in Kiev but the FSB/Russia are out of their league in that regard...soft-coups. Armed insurrection is the primitive play...which is what Donbass separatism is.

Indeed, this is a really dirty move.

Another thing is that I have checked the place on Google Maps, and so to speak...

They will have literally everything there, a nearby airfield with one 2.8 km long concrete runway (yes, you read it right, 2800 meters), a safe harbor, and most importantly this whole thing is just ~160 kms from the Crimean border, which is part of Russia.

So it's pretty much like "WTF?! US Navy at Russia's doorstep?"
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:15 am

The facility isn't large enough, plus US is limited due to black sea treaty. If they break that, expect some retaliation. I guess Russia could up the ante by funding partisan groups in Odessa to make it difficult for US. But yes, another spot where US is at Russia's borders.

Good thing is, Novorussia isn't far and can be another good 5 - 7 divisions for Russia.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:21 am

At this point like the territory of Novorussia has suffered attacks in the rear, the entire territory of Ukraine can be subject of the same kind of war.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:31 am

It's not a "base" today but we know how the U.S operates with these sort of things - mission creep style. We all know there are loopholes to everything and if push comes to shove, no treaty is out of boundaries for the U.S to break. Matter of fact, if the U.S decides to break the treaty tomorrow, there is nothing Russia can do other than fume and reinforce, which the U.S can do just the same, while blaming Russia for it and sanctioning Russia for it.

Don't see Russia doing a Naval blockade ala Cuban missile crises which is what it will take to force the Americans out in the event the U.S decides to make it a base. Make no mistake, that's what it will take. The U.S has balls, big balls, and flashes them around. It's up to others to make themselves noticed. If other's are shy about showing their balls, and the fallback that might come from it, then well, that's their predicament. Maybe their balls are weak and small, not as advertised and that's why they're kept underwraps. Who knows? who cares? Russia is a strategic rival to the U.S in its quest for full-spectrum dominance. The U.S is competing and competing hard. Russia has to do the same. Competition is never fair - a myth.

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:43 am; edited 2 times in total
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:36 am

miketheterrible wrote:Blame Poland's government for being ball washers to the US.

What has Poland to do with it?

Poland does not even control itself, it is the West controlling it.

It is only another puppet state.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:07 pm

Some of you really need to look at a map and the various agreements concerning the Russian Lake, aka Black Sea. I know treaties don't mean jack to Uncle Sugar but they are in existence and enforceable one way or another.

It is a given that eventually USA would start building bases in Ukraine. Good, they will learn first hand corruption raised to an art form. As for being 'on the Russian border', again, look at a map for location of the 'new base'. This is not the first base by any stretch of the imagination.

It has been very clearly stated on numerous occasions what the consequences would be if so much as a pebble is lofted to Krimea and Sevastopol, any such action should be regarded as suicidal to an extreme. All you brave warriors need to saddle up and go defend the borders of Mother Russia if you think she needs help and a little stiffening of her backbone.
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:29 pm

Short update. Links in Russian, use google translate.

New tactical advances that confirm the weakenss of the enemy. Two days ago the ukrops gave up without fight outposts in the Svetlodarsk arc. There's video to confirm it.

Today in Donetsk sector another 500 meter advance that straigthens the front and removes a wedge, near Peski, NW of the city.

No longer a couple of isolated incidents, seems to fit with a weakening of Ukrainian defense lines, either from scarcity of troops, or lack of will to fight, or both

http://antimaydan.info/2017/08/_810036.html

Hard ukrainian attacks in the coastal sector, several breakthrough attempts

http://antimaydan.info/2017/08/_810045.html

Confirming shortages of troops, Ucrainian police are told to volunteer for a tour of duty in the front or be fired, and a new call up of recruits for National Guard

«

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:36 am