Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+48
Teshub
starman
zg18
Neutrality
Khepesh
airstrike
SturmGuard
Sinan
crod
TheArmenian
GunshipDemocracy
Regular
Mindstorm
GarryB
Viktor
Big_Gazza
BKP
JohninMK
PapaDragon
KoTeMoRe
miketheterrible
SeigSoloyvov
arpakola
Vann7
kvs
AlfaT8
zarib
Isos
OminousSpudd
Walther von Oldenburg
storm333
auslander
Airman
Project Canada
zorobabel
magnumcromagnon
VladimirSahin
KiloGolf
Skandalwitwe
Erk
medo
0nillie0
higurashihougi
d_taddei2
George1
par far
calm
franco
52 posters

    Syrian Civil War: News #10

    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2496
    Points : 2482
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KiloGolf Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:45 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:Raqqa is not part of useful Syria. Russian interests in Syria are secured. Saudis may try to drag pipeline across the eastern desert but after the scapegoats that will be working on it get bombed couple dozen of times they will have to quit. If they even dare to try at all.

    Bases, population, client state and energy interests are in the bag.

    Shia Crescent project (I will have to Google that thing in more detail) is for all points and purposes dead. But that is Iranian problem that does not affect Russia in any way whatsoever. It actually facilitates improvement of relations with Israel (mid east country that can actually be described as competent).

    Saudis may get to play in the sand for couple of years but given the fact that oil will be staying below 50$ for decades to come it will be their last game before they inevitably become Ukraine of Arab world.

    Agreed on all items.

    Russians playing this game cautiously like pros. The good real estate is theirs (coast). Kurds will find themselves fighting Turks for everyone in the north and Iran/Assad will come to realise how they failed to make a difference all these years. With the main failure being their inability to create even a couple of proper, brigade-sized formations that can make a difference anywhere in this war. Battalion-sized militias of irregulars is the best they could do.  The cherry on the top for Russians is Palmyra, they positioned themselves right bang in the middle of the country, while everyone else (Coalition, FSA, turco-FSA, AQ, AQ-lite, IS, etc.) is stuck in a humongous quagmire. Be it in Aleppo or elsewhere.
    storm333
    storm333

    Posts : 66
    Points : 70
    Join date : 2016-08-31

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  storm333 Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:31 pm

    auslander wrote:

    When and where were RuAF and/or SAF planes 'interdicted' by F-22's? What were the circumstances?

    Seig, your nato is not omnipotent by any stretch of the imagination. You are not the only one here who has interacted with that entity. Any US boots on the ground, air assets or other hardware in Syria is in clear violation of both international and US law and opens up not only the senior officers and government officials who ordered US servicemen in to Syria but the soldiers who obeyed that illegal order to criminal prosecution. US, UK, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany et al were not invited to nor given permission to be in the Sovereign Country of Syria. Every single action taken there by these and other entities and servicemen in Syria without permission of the Government of Syria is a criminal act.

    These incidents occurred in northeastern Syria, specifically Al Hasakah.
    https://theaviationist.com/2016/08/20/syrian-su-24s-attempting-to-fly-close-to-u-s-special-forces-in-syria-get-intercepted-and-encouraged-to-leave-by-f-22-raptors/
    auslander
    auslander

    Posts : 1423
    Points : 1503
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  auslander Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:58 pm

    storm333 wrote:
    auslander wrote:

    When and where were RuAF and/or SAF planes 'interdicted' by F-22's? What were the circumstances?

    Seig, your nato is not omnipotent by any stretch of the imagination. You are not the only one here who has interacted with that entity. Any US boots on the ground, air assets or other hardware in Syria is in clear violation of both international and US law and opens up not only the senior officers and government officials who ordered US servicemen in to Syria but the soldiers who obeyed that illegal order to criminal prosecution. US, UK, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany et al were not invited to nor given permission to be in the Sovereign Country of Syria. Every single action taken there by these and other entities and servicemen in Syria without permission of the Government of Syria is a criminal act.

    These incidents occurred in northeastern Syria, specifically Al Hasakah.
    https://theaviationist.com/2016/08/20/syrian-su-24s-attempting-to-fly-close-to-u-s-special-forces-in-syria-get-intercepted-and-encouraged-to-leave-by-f-22-raptors/

    Written by one David Conciotti and sights ABC as a source......and the sight is ' quoted, cited or linked by the most important media outlets across the five continents including Huffington Post, Al Jazeera, Al Arabiya, Independent, Daily Mail, NYT, Corriere della Sera, Business Insider, Stern, Der Spiegel, etc.'.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2496
    Points : 2482
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KiloGolf Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:31 pm

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Cv9ki08W8AANA8n

    Majd Fahd ‏@Syria_Protector  38s38 seconds ago
    Ultimate advance for the #SAA against #ISIS in northern #Aleppo, restoring 5 villages, gaining 14 km ground.

    Yusha Yuseef
    ‏@MIG29_
    Breaking North Aleppo , Syrian Mod.
    Syrian Army  full control Infantry School , Susan Hill , SHear hill , Safin after clashes with ISIS

    So that's where SAA in Aleppo was concentrated. Well played chaps.

    I guess I was wrong to quickly to judge them for loosing Al Assad and 1070 in Western Aleppo (which as I've read have been contained pretty well). While there is criticism to be made, eventually Aleppo is not in great danger. Dare I assume this offensive has Russia/Iran written all over it? IS did not expect it and I'll venture to claim that this, along with progress in the Ghoutas counters yesterday's AQ lite gains.

    Al Bab is not that far now, for both SAA and SDF russia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 14826400_10157594954165361_391902626_n-696x405

    Hama shows steady progress as well. SAA secured more ground north of Souran.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11544
    Points : 11612
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  PapaDragon Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:33 am

    KiloGolf wrote:.....................
    So that's where SAA in Aleppo was concentrated. Well played chaps.

    I guess I was wrong to quickly to judge them for loosing Al Assad and 1070 in Western Aleppo (which as I've read have been contained pretty well). While there is criticism to be made, eventually Aleppo is not in great danger. Dare I assume this offensive has Russia/Iran written all over it? IS did not expect it and I'll venture to claim that this, along with progress in the Ghoutas counters yesterday's AQ lite gains.
    ...........................
    Hama shows steady progress as well. SAA secured more ground north of Souran.

    Great news but I just wish for once that SAA intercepts and takes out those SVIBEDs before the reach their positions. That is all..
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11544
    Points : 11612
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  PapaDragon Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:51 am

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Cv9zUOTWYAAuw_x
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 4460
    Points : 4492
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  franco Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:01 am

    The present status map in West Aleppo;

    https://imgur.com/tT2exS0
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

    Posts : 408
    Points : 424
    Join date : 2013-11-29
    Age : 30
    Location : Florida

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  VladimirSahin Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:26 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:.....................
    So that's where SAA in Aleppo was concentrated. Well played chaps.

    I guess I was wrong to quickly to judge them for loosing Al Assad and 1070 in Western Aleppo (which as I've read have been contained pretty well). While there is criticism to be made, eventually Aleppo is not in great danger. Dare I assume this offensive has Russia/Iran written all over it? IS did not expect it and I'll venture to claim that this, along with progress in the Ghoutas counters yesterday's AQ lite gains.
    ...........................
    Hama shows steady progress as well. SAA secured more ground north of Souran.

    Great news but I just wish for once that SAA intercepts and takes out those SVIBEDs before the reach their positions. That is all..

    Some dreams never come true lmfao... https://twitter.com/miladvisor/status/792507648415502336

    more gains in the North Aleppo Very Happy
    avatar
    Vann7

    Posts : 5027
    Points : 5133
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Vann7 Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:19 am



    It seems for what i read.. the Syrian Army retreated when saw the suicide bombers ,
    allowed them to explode and had some military in underground bunkers and when militants
    enter ,they were attacked from the rear creating a chaos in their offensive. in the end about
    6 suicide bomber vehicles were used .

    So most of the lost terrain was restored some say.and Major gains in Hama and Damascus and northen Aleppo. if i was to bet ,the highest concentration of military of Syria have to be in northen aleppo to stop any Turkey attempt to roll back Syrian army from Aleppo.


    About the F-22 incident.. it never happened. The US military will not risk a major embarrassment
    in having an F-22 shot down by Syrian army. where that crash by malfunction of the weather there or by being shut down.and later allow Syrian army and Russia to capture technology
    for free.
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

    Posts : 408
    Points : 424
    Join date : 2013-11-29
    Age : 30
    Location : Florida

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  VladimirSahin Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:57 am

    Пацаны good news. Kurds and SAA in the north did that joint operation to gain territory from ISIS. Looks as if Al-Bab wont be FSA in the end after all.
    storm333
    storm333

    Posts : 66
    Points : 70
    Join date : 2016-08-31

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  storm333 Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:14 am

    Does anyone know the grid coordinates of the airfield US forces upgraded for military logistics, about 35km south of Kobani in Syria?
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

    Posts : 902
    Points : 909
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Location : New Zealand

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  OminousSpudd Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:05 am

    This is legitimately funny now. Classic bait and switch.
    calm
    calm

    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  calm Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:22 pm

    Crazy SAA, pay close attention, so much near-death situations.
    Grad rockets direct fire...

    Face to face with terrorist in Aleppo
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4213
    Points : 4230
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:53 pm

    Aks74m unicorn in . Liwa al Quds having someweird ass ideas and weapons.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

    Posts : 1241
    Points : 1330
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Oldenburg

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:19 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:Aks74m unicorn in . Liwa al Quds having someweird ass ideas and weapons.
    Could you at last start using normal language?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4213
    Points : 4230
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:22 pm

    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Aks74m unicorn in . Liwa al Quds having someweird ass ideas and weapons.
    Could you at last start using normal language?

    I'm not Book. If you watched that footage you would know what i am talking about.
    Airman
    Airman

    Posts : 439
    Points : 487
    Join date : 2016-10-15
    Location : Turkey

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Airman Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:09 pm

    storm333 wrote:Does anyone know the grid coordinates of the airfield US forces upgraded for military logistics, about 35km south of Kobani in Syria?

    http://wikimapia.org/#lang=tr&lat=36.643149&lon=38.295507&z=14&m=b&show=/35437972/US-Military-airfield&search=Septe

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 VZ96ZO
    36°38'54.0"N 38°17'42.0"E
    storm333
    storm333

    Posts : 66
    Points : 70
    Join date : 2016-08-31

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  storm333 Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:27 pm

    Airman wrote:
    storm333 wrote:Does anyone know the grid coordinates of the airfield US forces upgraded for military logistics, about 35km south of Kobani in Syria?

    http://wikimapia.org/#lang=tr&lat=36.643149&lon=38.295507&z=14&m=b&show=/35437972/US-Military-airfield&search=Septe

    36°38'54.0"N 38°17'42.0"E
    Spasibo
    calm
    calm

    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  calm Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:59 pm

    situation after #SAA and allies recaptured Minyan fully and recaptured parts of Dahiyet al-Assad
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 CwB96dWWAAUO2-w
    calm
    calm

    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  calm Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:11 pm

    Sniper pair, Aleppo.
    Iranians
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 CwBkhOJXgAA1Znj
    calm
    calm

    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  calm Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:06 pm

    SyAA/Tiger Forces tanks, armour and trucks going to Aleppo (taken yesterday)
    https://twitter.com/bm27_uragan/status/792783075331760128
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 CwCH7osXYAEDn0mSyrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 CwCH9v7WIAEoYyj
    calm
    calm

    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  calm Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:36 pm

    Holy Shit New Photo from "Abandoned Battalion" Area East of #Abtaa #Ibtaa  #Daraa after failed Militant Attack

    18+
    18+:
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 CwCp2f3WIAAnznPSyrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 CwCsnNeW8AEokcJ

    They lost more than 50 fighters - 1 tank - 3 BMP s - 4 cars mounted with machine guns during the failed attack
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2496
    Points : 2482
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KiloGolf Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:45 pm

    calm wrote: Holy Shit New Photo from "Abandoned Battalion" Area East of #Abtaa #Ibtaa  #Daraa after failed Militant Attack

    18+
    18+:
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 CwCp2f3WIAAnznPSyrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 CwCsnNeW8AEokcJ

    They lost more than 50 fighters - 1 tank - 3 BMP s - 4 cars mounted with machine guns during the failed attack

    I'm not happy for anyone's death even if it's folks like them. This is a terrible sight, a true waste really. Going past the images and assessing the numbers, this is a good sign for the fighting capability of SAA and the message will reach the insurgency. 2016 is not business as usual, where swarming SAA with superior numbers and armor always succeeds. Insurgent assault groups are something akin to Black Adder's twenty minuters.

    calm
    calm

    Posts : 1484
    Points : 1486
    Join date : 2015-12-19
    Location : Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  calm Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:56 pm

    More 18+
    "Abandoned Battalion"  Laughing
    https://twitter.com/leithfadel/status/792833311685042176
    https://twitter.com/maytham956/status/792831514052526080
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4213
    Points : 4230
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:06 pm

    So you miscreants what did I tell you two days ago?

    It's the same deal with the Syrian militias. they're slowpokes and they need a gentle push. Just stop thinking these guys will move on like terminators from now on. It's a slow process, but they're winning.

    Now excuse me I need to enjoy dead bodies in Ghouta. On the rocks. Aleppa Nash.

    Also calm, that Anna footage is gold mine. Some really sad moments, with a couple of casualties caught on tape. ANNA still the best. Does anyone know if Marat will be back or has he been wounded in action to make a come back?

    Sponsored content

    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:59 pm