Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+48
Teshub
starman
zg18
Neutrality
Khepesh
airstrike
SturmGuard
Sinan
crod
TheArmenian
GunshipDemocracy
Regular
Mindstorm
GarryB
Viktor
Big_Gazza
BKP
JohninMK
PapaDragon
KoTeMoRe
miketheterrible
SeigSoloyvov
arpakola
Vann7
kvs
AlfaT8
zarib
Isos
OminousSpudd
Walther von Oldenburg
storm333
auslander
Airman
Project Canada
zorobabel
magnumcromagnon
VladimirSahin
KiloGolf
Skandalwitwe
Erk
medo
0nillie0
higurashihougi
d_taddei2
George1
par far
calm
franco
52 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #10

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 6 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:46 pm

this is really bad news and like everyone is saying they knew it was going to happen so they should have been better prepared. And with Russia not aiding them with air strikes this could be a disaster. Why wont Russia back them up with air strikes? The terrorists have made some pretty good progress, i read that the SAA have pulled back to better defensive positions and excuse or a trap?

also isis 4x4 with BMP-1 turret in action against the SAA. see the video in the link, and picture below.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/video-islamic-state-militants-attack-syrian-army-deir-ezzor-city/

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 6 Deir-e11
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #10

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:03 pm

I love you guys all doom ad gloom, have you watched where the beardies have attacked? So far it is on a maze of buildings. Very hard to move on, very hard to use as a supply line and very complicated to defend in depth.

They had more favourable circumstances in August, than now. Just keep calm let this pan out and then go all apeshit on the SAA.

We know they're not a professional force, that they cannot defend it in rapid reaction fashion. They suck up damage, then slowly regain ground. It's not going to be different than the last times.

No need for the usual shaming, i think the Syrian militias and forces know they suck.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:11 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:I love you guys all doom ad gloom, have you watched where the beardies have attacked? So far it is on a maze of buildings. Very hard to move on, very hard to use as a supply line and very complicated to defend in depth.

They had more favourable circumstances in August, than now. Just keep calm let this pan out and then go all apeshit on the SAA.

We know they're not a professional force, that they cannot defend it in rapid reaction fashion. They suck up damage, then slowly regain ground. It's not going to be different than the last times.

No need for the usual shaming, i think the Syrian militias and forces know they suck.

People don't realize the areas the terrorists are in really cannot be bombed all that well there is no strategic value to this to hasty bomb right now, the best thing is to wait for things to settle then go in.

That said this was a huge attack and they where unable to penetrate they only got very minor gains, considering what they sent in the SAA did a good job. If they cannot break the siege with this attack it's over for them and it's clear the attack's objective has failed.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:56 pm

Speechless

Al Arabiya English ‏@AlArabiya_Eng Oct 27

#SaudiArabia ready to join #Raqqa operation: Assiri http://ara.tv/8twk3
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:59 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:I love you guys all doom ad gloom, have you watched where the beardies have attacked? So far it is on a maze of buildings. Very hard to move on, very hard to use as a supply line and very complicated to defend in depth.

We know that KoTeMoRe and we know that they will roll them back but c'mon seriously, they have SVIBED moving at 10 km\h at them that they can hear from at least kilometer away and they have Kornet ATGMs sitting in the basement. And they let it approach and go off.

What the heck are we supposed to say about that?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:00 am

JohninMK wrote:Speechless

Aren't their dudes already there? Suspect Cool
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:08 am

So the Saudi's, the main suppliers of gear, money, and extremist mercenaries. for ISIS, are going to pretend to fight ISIS in Raqqa.

Either Russia will have to back down, or go full offensive, I don't see a middle ground unless they want to let Syria loose 1/3rd. of their territory to a coalition of people that want to kill Assad.

This isn't going to end well.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:36 am

It's not business as usual. Beardies sneaking in more built-up urban positions, in areas where pro-Assad or neutral folks live/lived makes things more difficult for SAA, as they:

a. gave up too much high value real estate, too fast (less than one day)
    b. failed to protect ''their own side'', a blow to both soldiers' and power base morale
    c. Russian bombing by air won't be as effective as before, if at all (they will be hitting the homes of ''their own'')

The barrel has no bottom for SAA, they keep sinking into new lows.

Last edited by KiloGolf on Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:37 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Aren't their dudes already there? Suspect Cool

No ISIS has outlived it's usefulness, everyone is pretty much turning on them now.

I don't see the SAA getting to Raqqa anytime soon, the Russians themselves would need to send in ground forces to seize it before anyone else could. Problem here is if they do everyone will send itn anything fool with a gun they can to bog the russians down for has long as they could period.

Putin will not send in the Army in my opinion that is the correct choice. He hoped the SAA would be able to do more, I assume. In the end he gave them the tools and abilities and helped all he could, the failure and the soon to be loss of Raqqa is on the SAA. The last major win they will get is aleppo.

Raqqa is lost to Syria, that much is clear
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:42 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Putin will not send in the Army in my opinion that is the correct choice. He hoped the SAA would be able to do more, I assume. In the end he gave them the tools and abilities and helped all he could, the failure and the soon to be loss of Raqqa is on the SAA. The last major win they will get is aleppo.

There's a clear pattern since Russia completed one year in this mess. SAA hasn't evolved one bit and whatever progress they've made is solely on average Ivan's effort in the air and ground. Ergo better for them to cash their chips and pull a Crimea or Abkhazia in both Latakia and Tartous. Assad can enjoy himself in Damascus and Iran can start thinking on how they failed to achieve anything important in this mess.

SAA blunders in Raqqa/Tabqa offensive, losses in Morek/Hama, pushed back in Southwest Aleppo, failing hard in friendly areas of West Aleppo, Deir Ezzor pocket shrinking, Eastern Ghouta still not clear and so on.

Just some indicators of what's to come. I believe one year was enough to determine if "they're worth it" and clearly they are not.

Last edited by KiloGolf on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:04 am

KiloGolf wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:Putin will not send in the Army in my opinion that is the correct choice. He hoped the SAA would be able to do more, I assume. In the end he gave them the tools and abilities and helped all he could, the failure and the soon to be loss of Raqqa is on the SAA. The last major win they will get is aleppo.

There's a clear pattern since Russia completed one year in this mess. SAA hasn't evolved one bit and whatever progress they've made is solely on average Ivan's effort in the air and ground. Ergo better for them to cash their chips and pull a Crimea or Abkhazia in both Latakia and Tartous. Assad can enjoy himself in Damascus and Iran can start thinking on how they failed to achieve anything important in this mess.

SAA blunders in Raqqa/Tabqa offensive, losses in Morek/Hama, pushed back in Southeast Aleppo, failing hard in friendly areas of West Aleppo, Deir Ezzor pocket shrinking, Eastern Ghouta still not clear and so on.

Just some indicators of what's to come. I believe one year was enough to determine if "they're worth it" and clearly they are not.

In all fairness to the SAA they are very very spread out and have to make due with little manpower compared to Iraq that said when I was doing training adviser work to Iraq's forces in the wars even they weren't that bad, yes the rebels the SAA faced are better armed and enjoy much tougher support to be fair also.

Failing to take aleppo after all this time tho? that's just shameful had the russians sent in their men all that green would have been red by now. The SAA has shown me they cannot fight unless they have ether Russian support or the Tiger forces are there.

I have seen the intel reports, but yes they aren't worth it. Assad was given his chance and he failed, Russia did what it could for him. Aside from direct means via their own army which will not happen.

Raqqa will fall into US control, if I was active I'd be ether assigned to it or attacking Mosul. Syria will lose half it's land that is guaranteed.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:22 am

Erk wrote:

So the Saudi's, the main suppliers of gear, money, and extremist mercenaries. for ISIS, are going to pretend to fight ISIS in Raqqa.

Either Russia will have to back down, or go full offensive, I don't see a middle ground unless they want to let Syria loose 1/3rd. of their territory to a coalition of people that want to kill Assad.

There is nothing in RAqqa ,look on the map where is located. is too far from Syrian front lines..
    Syria needs to take control of All Aleppo ,All homs ,all hama and All Damascus and all Latakia and
    as bonus all DAraa in israel border. that is all the cities in the left border of Syria or with access to the sea. Once all those zones controlled.. or at least all Aleppo and most of IDLIB ,then terrorist will be all LOCKED inside Syria ,because Syria will control the supply lines of ISIS and Alqaeda from Turkey.. not good.  So any supplies will have to come from far distances , IRAQ border ,and from there be supplied from the eastern borders of Turkey..

Caputing RAqqa now for syrian army will be huge mistake ,when it doesn't control half of aleppo and lost all IDLIB. Since it will over extend the Syrian army positions.

As long Syria and Russia have the power to fully close the Syrian airspace ,they will always have the upper hand in pushing back any invasion. So RAQQA capture will be symbolical , NATO and Saudi Arabia already controls it ,through ISIS. And once Aleppo liberated and IDLIB Syrian army and all HAMA homs and Damascus.. then Syria can focus in taking RAQQA and with full support of Russia airforce. NATO will have to leave ,it will not be able to justify any fight against Syrian army demanding them to leave their nation. and once Russia start flying over their heads, they will leave knowing Russia can bomb them if they do not leave. So any "Capture" of Raqqa will be only for public relations purposes .and symbolical. Because NATO and Saudi  mercenaries ,ISIS already controls it. So NATO "Capturing" RAqqa will be a circus.. nothing will change other that NATO will have free propaganda to "proof" they are fighting ISIS.

Last edited by Vann7 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:25 am; edited 2 times in total
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:22 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:

SAA blunders in Raqqa/Tabqa offensive, losses in Morek/Hama, pushed back in Southeast Aleppo, failing hard in friendly areas of West Aleppo, Deir Ezzor pocket shrinking, Eastern Ghouta still not clear and so on.

In all fairness to the SAA they are very very spread out and have to make due with little manpower compared to Iraq that said when I was doing training adviser work to Iraq's forces in the wars even they weren't that bad, yes the rebels the SAA faced are better armed and enjoy much tougher support to be fair also.

Failing to take aleppo after all this time tho? that's just shameful had the russians sent in their men all that green would have been red by now. The SAA has shown me they cannot fight unless they have ether Russian support or the Tiger forces are there.

I have seen the intel reports, but yes they aren't worth it. Assad was given his chance and he failed, Russia did what it could for him. Aside from direct means via their own army which will not happen.

Raqqa will fall into US control, if I was active I'd be ether assigned to it or attacking Mosul. Syria will lose half it's land that is guaranteed.

The next day or two will be critical for this war.

some recent example of SAA dire situation.
    This are pics from the last few hours, posted by @IvanSidorenko1, on twitter. Supposedly this shows a good image of SAA's elite unit, the Desert Haks.

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 6 Cv407BgXEAA_loL
    That guys has no idea what he's doing/wearing. Brand new (ironed to perfection) fatigues, wearing dark protective googles in an enclosed area (when outside is dark/rainy), his pouches are empty and the vest is not fitted well on his back. In short he looks like an utter fool.

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 6 Cv41UCIWEAAazSi
    Old man officer driving a high value asset, posing like he's going for coffee.

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 6 Cv41wxmWAAEke40
    For SAA to wear their helmet is still a quantum leap in their evolution, let alone have their rifles on them (too hard to carry)

And from Hama:

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 6 Cv4zhthXgAATke3
    Still no helmets, who needs them. One ATGM hit is enough to keep the hospitals busy.

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 6 Cv4zi_lWgDImer4
    Here's a better idea, lets wear a white hat in battle.

And remember, these images above are basically propaganda material from the ground. All the current, good shots they can get. Imagine what retarded shots we're missing.
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:58 am

Guys too harsh on the SAA, they're third world by any definition. They are performing with what they have, they lack the cohesion a modern military has. They can't respond to situations quickly, but the good news is they kick ass when they do. Of course some asshat up in top KEEPS them from the momentum they build up, and basically causes slow progress after a huge leap.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:41 am

Vann7 wrote:
    Erk wrote:

There is nothing in RAqqa ,look on the map where is located. is too far from Syrian front lines..
    Syria needs to take control of All Aleppo ,All homs ,all hama and All Damascus and all Latakia and
    as bonus all DAraa in israel border. that is all the cities in the left border of Syria or with access to the sea. Once all those zones controlled.. or at least all Aleppo and most of IDLIB ,then terrorist will be all LOCKED inside Syria ,because Syria will control the supply lines of ISIS and Alqaeda from Turkey.. not good.  So any supplies will have to come from far distances , IRAQ border ,and from there be supplied from the eastern borders of Turkey..

Caputing RAqqa now for syrian army will be huge mistake ,when it doesn't control half of aleppo and lost all IDLIB. Since it will over extend the Syrian army positions.

As long Syria and Russia have the power to fully close the Syrian airspace ,they will always have the upper hand in pushing back any invasion. So RAQQA capture will be symbolical , NATO and Saudi Arabia already controls it ,through ISIS. And once Aleppo liberated and IDLIB Syrian army and all HAMA homs and Damascus.. then Syria can focus in taking RAQQA and with full support of Russia airforce. NATO will have to leave ,it will not be able to justify any fight against Syrian army demanding them to leave their nation. and once Russia start flying over their heads, they will leave knowing Russia can bomb them if they do not leave. So any "Capture" of Raqqa will be only for public relations purposes .and symbolical. Because NATO and Saudi  mercenaries ,ISIS already controls it. So NATO "Capturing" RAqqa will be a circus.. nothing will change other that NATO will have free propaganda to "proof" they are fighting ISIS.

You clearly have never worked in NATO, I have let me tell you they don't give a dam about "justifying" anything. I was in Ukraine for example cannot say when or why however I know how NATO works. Your logic only applies in a world where NATO does not act like NATO, the US doesn't act like the US (I have done the dirty work so I know here).

Once they have their teeth in Raqqa they will not let it go period, once NATO has it's teeth in anything it will never let go. Again Syria has lost half it's land once ISIS is "finished" they will occupy it giving bogus reasons like "humanitarian".

If Assad dares attack anything that has a NATO unit in it guess what? you will hear those war drums and Russia will leave Assad to die at that point cause Putin will not pick a fight with NATO nor would any sane man do that. The SAA attacking a NATO force would be just what the US wants gives them the excuse to fully topple Assad.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 6 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:24 am

Vann7 wrote:
    Erk wrote:

one thing you missed from all this the poor guys in Deir Ez Zoir is Assad just to give up on them after all this time? those civilians and troops in Deir Ez Zoir have got it tough and slowly but surely face death at the hands of ISIS which is not a nice prospect, if the SAA dont liberate them. Only thing they could hope for is to do a deal with ISIS on safe passage for civilians and troops out of the city and back to Palmyra in exchange for the whole city.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:43 am

Erk wrote:.......

This will end very well.

Russia will not be backing down nor going full offensive.

Raqqa is not part of useful Syria. Russian interests in Syria are secured. Saudis may try to drag pipeline across the eastern desert but after the scapegoats that will be working on it get bombed couple dozen of times they will have to quit. If they even dare to try at all.

Bases, population, client state and energy interests are in the bag.

Shia Crescent project (I will have to Google that thing in more detail) is for all points and purposes dead. But that is Iranian problem that does not affect Russia in any way whatsoever. It actually facilitates improvement of relations with Israel (mid east country that can actually be described as competent).

Saudis may get to play in the sand for couple of years but given the fact that oil will be staying below 50$ for decades to come it will be their last game before they inevitably become Ukraine of Arab world.
    storm333
    storm333

Post  storm333 Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:26 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:
    Erk wrote:

You clearly have never worked in NATO, I have let me tell you they don't give a dam about "justifying" anything. I was in Ukraine for example cannot say when or why however I know how NATO works. Your logic only applies in a world where NATO does not act like NATO, the US doesn't act like the US (I have done the dirty work so I know here).

Once they have their teeth in Raqqa they will not let it go period, once NATO has it's teeth in anything it will never let go. Again Syria has lost half it's land once ISIS is "finished" they will occupy it giving bogus reasons like "humanitarian".

If Assad dares attack anything that has a NATO unit in it guess what? you will hear those war drums and Russia will leave Assad to die at that point cause Putin will not pick a fight with NATO nor would any sane man do that. The SAA attacking a NATO force would be just what the US wants gives them the excuse to fully topple Assad.

Where US assets are embedded on the ground, the US has made it clear they will be protected from airstrikes if the communication lines fail. There has been instances where Syrian and Russian aircraft has been interdicted by F-22 's.
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:45 am

Vann7 wrote:

I think you  are missing the big picture, NATO and the Saudi's seem to be setting up to take over the east of Syria, divided by the Euphrates River.

Balkanization is the aim.
    ISIS in Raqqa is the cover story.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:03 am

storm333 wrote:

Where US assets are embedded on the ground, the US has made it clear they will  be protected  from airstrikes  if the communication lines fail. There has been instances where Syrian and Russian aircraft has been interdicted by F-22 's.[/quote]

When and where were RuAF and/or SAF planes 'interdicted' by F-22's? What were the circumstances?

Seig, your nato is not omnipotent by any stretch of the imagination. You are not the only one here who has interacted with that entity. Any US boots on the ground, air assets or other hardware in Syria is in clear violation of both international and US law and opens up not only the senior officers and government officials who ordered US servicemen in to Syria but the soldiers who obeyed that illegal order to criminal prosecution. US, UK, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany et al were not invited to nor given permission to be in the Sovereign Country of Syria. Every single action taken there by these and other entities and servicemen in Syria without permission of the Government of Syria is a criminal act.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:01 am

Battle for Aleppo Summary: Day 1

Countless weeks of preparation has finally led to factions allied under the banner of 'Jabhat Fatah al-Sham' launching the much anticipated battle to break the siege on Eastern Aleppo. A force of approximately 6,500 men, backed by dozens of heavy armoured vehicles and mounted technical's, alongside at least 20 prepared VBIED's (Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device), commenced their assault on SAA (Syrian Arab Army) positions in and around the Western countryside of Aleppo
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 6 A567ec_7122e16a23f44e4c89012ceea93497e1~mv2
    Rebel factions launched their multi axis assault in the early hours of Friday morning, following intense artillery attacks on fortified SAA positions across West Aleppo. These artillery strikes included the shelling of the strategic Nayrab airport in Aleppo using newly acquired Grad missiles. This attack mostly missed its target but did register at least 3 direct hits on the runway and surrounding buildings, temporarily putting the airport out of service. The would prove to be a dilemma for SAA forces as they already lacked much air cover due to weather reasons and Russia's decision to hold off airstrikes for several hours
    . Clashing Hot Spots:

Minyan Sawmills
    One of the areas targeted first was the Minyan Sawmills. The vicinity is located on the fringes of Western Aleppo districts, meaning its capture would place the rebels in pole position to assault West Aleppo. This was indeed their objective, as rebels assaulted the area with brutal force. A large VBIED attack occurred, achieving a direct hit and killing at least 6 SAA soldiers. This attack was soon followed by 'Inghimasi' (Rebel special forces) infantry storming the area and forcing SAA soldiers into retreat; subsequently seizing control over the vicinity. Unconfirmed reports of war spoils being taken, mostly ammunition.
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 6 A567ec_6172d620f5d3439f9d21bd62fe7ca92e~mv2

Carton factory
    Another site to fall victim to a devastating VBIED blast. Clashes around the area lasted several hours before SAA units in the vicinity were overwhelmed and forced to retreat, partially due to lack of air cover.
    Al Assad Suburb
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 6 The centre piece of rebel gains today, the strategic 'Al Assad' district came under huge amount of firepower as rebels focused most of their resources onto the suburb. Once again rebels kicked off their assault with a successful VBIED operation and the seizing of several neighbouring checkpoints including the 'Soura' checkpoint.This spurred on the allied factions to infiltrate and implement control over at least 80% of the area. Clashes continued for several more hours and into the night and are ongoing at this very moment. Conflicting reports suggest the SAA is still holed up in the northern sector of the suburb in contrast to reports of its complete fall. This remains unconfirmed. Several casualties reported on both sides
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 6 A567ec_d4f2c3a096fe4288b002160900cd2e10~mv2

Zahra District
    Another vocal point in the widespread assault. Rebels launched an attack on this axis but were completely repelled losing at least 9 men in the process
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 6 A567ec_413d1146e7474afe8773200a7cdc9877~mv2
    1070 Vicinity
    Rebels attempted to route out the remaining SAA presence in the area. They launched a VBIED operation which failed. Clashes were fierce and long lasting however rebels weren't able to complete their objective and couldn't advance.

3000 Apartment
    Reports circled online claiming rebels infiltrated the neighbourhood and captured several building blocks. We contacted sources who claim clashes remain on the districts outskirts and no notable rebel gains occurred inside the suburb. Clashes ongoing and expected to intensify.
    Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 6 A567ec_06e29e26b5114716b90a067b51b8e364~mv2

Confirmed losses so far:

Rebels:
    - 44 confirmed KIA
    - 79 WIA
    - 2 mounted technicals
    - 2 premature detonations of VBIED's
    - Tank

SAA:
    - 29 confirmed KIA
    - Over 65 WIA
    - Kornet launcher/position
    - Mounted Technical
    - Ammunition and weaponry inc. Anti tank missiles and launcher, RPG's, grenades and mines.

(These are conservative numbers, real death toll may be higher then documented numbers)
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:12 pm

For those who dread the balkanization:

Turkish warplanes to not fly into Syria after threat by regime

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkish-warplanes-to-not-fly-into-syria-after-threat-by-regime-.aspx?pageID=517&nID=105489&NewsCatID=352

Turkey’s Air Forces have been unable to carry out aerial campaigns in Syria as part of the Euphrates Shield operation since Oct. 22, as Syria has activated its air defense systems over the flight of Turkish warplanes into Syrian airspace......
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:41 pm

auslander wrote:
    storm333 wrote:

Where US assets are embedded on the ground, the US has made it clear they will  be protected  from airstrikes  if the communication lines fail. There has been instances where Syrian and Russian aircraft has been interdicted by F-22 's.

When and where were RuAF and/or SAF planes 'interdicted' by F-22's? What were the circumstances?

Seig, your nato is not omnipotent by any stretch of the imagination. You are not the only one here who has interacted with that entity. Any US boots on the ground, air assets or other hardware in Syria is in clear violation of both international and US law and opens up not only the senior officers and government officials who ordered US servicemen in to Syria but the soldiers who obeyed that illegal order to criminal prosecution. US, UK, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany et al were not invited to nor given permission to be in the Sovereign Country of Syria. Every single action taken there by these and other entities and servicemen in Syria without permission of the Government of Syria is a criminal act. [/quote]

You seem to think the US cares about the law?. Fun fact we don't only when it suits us.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:03 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote: When and where were RuAF and/or SAF planes 'interdicted' by F-22's? What were the circumstances?

Seig, your nato is not omnipotent by any stretch of the imagination. You are not the only one here who has interacted with that entity. Any US boots on the ground, air assets or other hardware in Syria is in clear violation of both international and US law and opens up not only the senior officers and government officials who ordered US servicemen in to Syria but the soldiers who obeyed that illegal order to criminal prosecution. US, UK, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany et al were not invited to nor given permission to be in the Sovereign Country of Syria. Every single action taken there by these and other entities and servicemen in Syria without permission of the Government of Syria is a criminal act.

You seem to think the US cares about the law?. Fun fact we don't only when it suits us.[/quote]

I am fully aware of how much US cares about law, I simply mentioned the possible penalties for getting caught, that's assuming at the point of capture you don't do the lamp post two-step. The 'I was just following orders' defense went out of fashion at Nuremberg some decades ago.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:20 pm

New Peto Aleppo map

Syrian Civil War: News #10 - Page 6 Cv781bBWEAAHpHz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 25, 2024 10:34 am