Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+60
Airman
iraqidabab
zorobabel
Vann7
GunshipDemocracy
d_taddei2
Erlindur
archangelski
Alex555
wilhelm
JohninMK
Project Canada
VladimirSahin
Erk
AlfaT8
higurashihougi
George1
BKP
VARGR198
ultimatewarrior
auslander
KiloGolf
kvs
GarryB
magnumcromagnon
ali.a.r
Cowboy's daughter
OminousSpudd
Admin
famschopman
Karl Haushofer
Boshoed
franco
Zivo
Khepesh
PapaDragon
Neutrality
calm
par far
storm333
airstrike
Werewolf
Odin of Ossetia
medo
starman
Cyberspec
The Ottoman
Big_Gazza
Solncepek
Viktor
Shadåw
TheArmenian
Aristonicus
Regular
Azi
Godric
SeigSoloyvov
sepheronx
Resistance
Walther von Oldenburg
64 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #9

calm
    calm

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

Post  calm Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:27 pm

After 12 days of back and forth clashes, initial reports indicate that the gov forces have captured the town of Rayhan, isolating Tel Kurdi.
    Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 38 Cuf-RSwXYAASJGpSyrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 38 Cuf8k1LW8AAYH0-
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:34 pm

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 38 SrirIwS
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:54 pm

RT story on the British emergency meeting over Aleppo.

I think RT have lost the plot, over the past month or so, most of their stories about Syria, in particular Aleppo, consist of replaying propaganda and lies from foreign media, with a short debunk.  They shouldn't be doing that, it misleads their viewers by focusing on essentially gossip. They should be focusing on informing people of what is really happening in Aleppo, instead of "look what these Westerner's are saying about Russia" stories. CrossTalk are doing that as well, they spend too much time attacking other media and the US gov. instead of talking about what's really going on in Syria. It's kind of like the Trump vs Clinton farce where they focus on attacking each other instead of policies. Perhaps it gets a bigger (not better) audience.

That story above on the British meeting assumes the propaganda about a Russian bombing causeing humanitarian crisis is true, and the UK should be reacting. At no point does RT attempt to clarify the situation in Aleppo for the viewer.

South Front situation update.

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 38 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:34 am

calm wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 38 SrirIwS

brilliant news i wonder once this small pocket has been liberated which will be very soon, will the SAA etc go for Douma or will they turn there attention south towards Hawsh Dawahirah and on to Autaya sealing off Al Nashabiyah. Douma is a pretty big target and if taken could be the end for rebels. I think the plan in this area is to divide it up into four parts and take one part at a time.

One other thing in regards to Aleppo i hope Aleppo city can be taken before FSA etc can take Al Bab as right now ISIS are acting as a buffer Between FSA and SAA in Aleppo city, the last thing the SAA need is FSA etc on the outskirts of the city trying to attack from the north to breech the city, or even trying to take Kuweires airbase. If Aleppo city is taken fully before then, then the SAA have a good chance to defend it and will only have to worry about north and south of the city rather than north, south, and city centre.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:58 am

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 38 Maxresdefault

Kirby says: Bombing in Yemen cannot compare to Syria, just because Smile

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2016/09/262560.htm

MR KIRBY: -- acquire any additional territory as per – as laid out in the cessation of hostilities agreement. I’m not going to speculate about actions, decisions, consequences, down the road.

QUESTION: Down the road means – by some estimates, it could fall in, like, the next five days.

MR KIRBY: The Secretary was clear this morning in his phone call to Foreign Minister Lavrov about the sense of urgency that we have here on the United States side with respect to what we want to – what we need to see them do.

QUESTION: John.

QUESTION: The U.S. has expressed grave concern over what Saudi Arabia is doing in Yemen by hitting civilian targets there. Why isn’t the U.S. cutting – threatening to cut ties with Saudi Arabia?

MR KIRBY: We have – the Secretary talked about this when we were in Jeddah a few weeks ago. We have been honest with the Saudis about our concerns over the lack of precision in some strikes, and we’ve talked to them about the importance of conducting investigations into those strikes. And we know that – excuse me – that they continue to do that, to investigate. But --

QUESTION: But that’s far from threatening to cut ties.

MR KIRBY: It is the --

QUESTION: Congress just approved a sale of $1.1 billion worth of weapons to Saudi Arabia – the Senate.

MR KIRBY: That’s right, because we have a strong defense relationship with Saudi Arabia, and Saudi Arabia is under attack from --

QUESTION: Even though they’re hitting hospitals, schools in Yemen.

QUESTION: At the moment you have a strong relationship with Saudi Arabia. (Laughter.)

MR KIRBY: Excuse me. Saudi Arabia is under attack from missiles that are finding their way into Yemen with the help of Iran that are raining down on Saudi --

QUESTION: And Saudi Arabia is targeting --

MR KIRBY: -- Saudi – Saudi citizens, and they have a right to defend themselves. Now, we have – I have stood up here I don’t know how many times and talked about our concerns about the precision or lack thereof in some of these strikes and our concerns about that, and the Saudis have taken our concerns seriously. This is a different situation, and I think comparing what’s happening in Yemen to Syria is a ludicrous exercise.

QUESTION: But Saudi Arabia is doing there what Russia is accused of doing in Syria, so I’m --

MR KIRBY: No, no.

QUESTION: How is that consistent?

MR KIRBY: Because what we’re seeing the Russians do – and I would love to see you ask your government some of these questions. Russia Today never does that. You never poke and prod your own government. But so --

QUESTION: Oh, I do. But go on, on the first question.

MR KIRBY: Every so – so --

QUESTION: You attack me when you want to evade a question. You’ve done that before.

MR KIRBY: No, no, I’m not attacking you. I’m not attacking you.

QUESTION: Please, aside from that.

MR KIRBY: I’m not attacking you. I would just love to see your institution ask these same kind of questions of your own government – your government, which is flying aircraft over Aleppo and bombing hospitals. And it’s not imprecision; it’s specifically targeting civilian infrastructure and innocent people, innocent women and children and first responders that are trying to come to the rescue after these strikes occur. I mean, that’s deliberate, that’s measured, that is absolutely in violation of international law.

QUESTION: I’m asking --

MR KIRBY: We’re not talking about the – we’re not talking about civilian casualties that are caused by an inefficiency in the targeting process. We’re talking about, in Aleppo specifically, an effort to take that city down and to acquire --

QUESTION: And --

MR KIRBY: -- to acquire it, it in violation of the cessation of hostilities, which was agreed on by Russia – oh, by the way – in February.

QUESTION: John --

QUESTION: I am here asking you what I think are fair questions, and I have one more, if you can just --

MR KIRBY: I’ll give you one more.

QUESTION: Attacks – yes, put attacks aside --

MR KIRBY: I’m not attacking. I’m not attacking.

QUESTION: -- and just try to respond to the question.

MR KIRBY: I just am curious.

QUESTION: You are.

We are learning that Syrian rebels have received, quote/unquote, “excellent quantities” of surface-to-surface Grad missiles from, quote/unquote, “foreign states.” Actually, this is from a Reuters article. I was quoting a Reuters article. Considering how intertwined some of these rebel groups are with al-Nusrah specifically in Aleppo, how long do you think before these powerful weapons end up in the hands of terrorists?

MR KIRBY: I couldn’t possibly begin to answer that question. I don’t – I can’t confirm the veracity of that press reporting, and I’m not going to engage in speculation on a press report I can’t speak to.

QUESTION: Do you have any information about rebels (inaudible) --

MR KIRBY: Michel. Michel.

QUESTION: -- these weapons?

QUESTION: Is delivering MANPADS to the opposition is one of the options that the agencies are discussing?

MR KIRBY: Guys, I have talked about the fact that I’m not going to discuss in any greater detail interagency discussions about this.

oops this was a different Kirby here is the right one I guess:

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 38 Az7QeMXCEAAoo-C

Erk wrote:

RT story on the British emergency meeting over Aleppo.

Russian activists should protest each day on UK embassy against UK war crimes and support of terrorist scum Smile
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:18 am

GunshipDemocracy wrote:Kirby says: Bombing in Yemen cannot compare to Syria, just because Smile

I don't understand why the White House tends to appoint and hire the clowns who have no communication skills better than dodging the questions and impolitely interrupting the interrogators ?

Is the White House out of talented people ?
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:25 am

The protest are useless if done in Russia. The protest have to be done in UK and US against those
    governments. and not by Russians ,but by British and American people respectively. The war in Syria does not ends ,only because those government see no major consequences for their actions ,the apathy of Americans and british citizens to be interested in ending their governments genocides in middle east. and their lack of protest. None of this war will be possible with millions protest every day in washtinton DC and London.

All this said ,it seems that a world war 3 cannot be avoided and those nations US and UK destroyed in a war with Russia for a real change to happen and they to stop aiding terrorism.
    If you have a serial killer on the streets killing children one after another he will not stop
    until he see negative consequences and captured by police or close to it. So is a problem of lack
    of negative consequences for NATO of their actions.

Putin could also help more ,if he takes a bigger leadership role and CONVINCE other
    nations of the fatal future for humanity ,for the entire world ,if US and UK allowed to win in Syria.
    and allow Alqaeda or ISIS to over run the nation or even escape. Because those terror groups
    are from 80 countries in the world. and they will all return with their training in making bombs
    and their habits of head chopping civilians.and could restart a terror group there.

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:22 pm

Vann7 wrote:The protest are useless if done in Russia. The protest have to be done in UK and US against those
    governments. and not by Russians ,but by British and American people respectively. The war in Syria does not ends ,only because those government see no major consequences for their actions ,the apathy of Americans and british citizens to be interested in ending their governments genocides in middle east. and their lack of protest. None of this war will be possible with millions protest every day in washtinton DC and London.

protest in western dictatorships? you know what happened to animals protesting against pigs in the "Animal Farm"?

Vann7 wrote:
    All this said ,it seems that a world war 3 cannot be avoided and those nations US and UK destroyed in a war with Russia for a real change to happen and they to stop aiding terrorism.

Well, ww3 is already on for some time. No nukes yet and looks like as long as they can hit Brooklyn and Wall Street no nuclear war will take place.

Vann7 wrote:

Putin could also help more ,if he takes a bigger leadership role and CONVINCE other
    nations of the fatal future for humanity ,for the entire world ,if US and UK allowed to win in Syria.
    and allow Alqaeda or ISIS to over run the nation or even escape. Because those terror groups
    are from 80 countries in the world. and they will all return with their training in making bombs
    and their habits of head chopping civilians.and could restart a terror group there.

like Stalin could try to convince Germans to stand against Hitler and Japs against Hirohito?
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:24 pm

higurashihougi wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:Kirby says: Bombing in Yemen cannot compare to Syria, just because Smile

I don't understand why the White House tends to appoint and hire the clowns who have no communication skills better than dodging the questions and impolitely interrupting the interrogators ?

Is the White House out of talented people ?

c´mon look on positive aspects of situation - although Kirbi sucks is still better then Psiaki Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:52 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:

like Stalin could try to convince Germans to stand against Hitler and Japs against Hirohito?

If germans in the millions protested against Hitler war in every city ,he will have been overthrown. Look at Egyptian Revolution , they removed 2 dictators without firing a shot.
    People are not as powerless as you think.. United States have been always overthrowing
    governments by using civilians. SO is not science. it happens all the time.

Having civilians in the millions protesting peacefully will encourage the military
    to dissobey Obama regime and demand an end to the war in Syria. Hitler was not removed
    because people believed in him. But if Hitler did had a terrible public support he will have not
    been able to do world war 2.

This is the kind of protest Americans needs to stop their Government illegal wars.
    all this things creates public opinion and draws international attention. and major pressure.

If major protest in millions happens for many weeks , the white house will be unable
    to continue the war. and the protest will replicate in all Europe.
    WE SUPPORT RUSSIA. US and Allies, STOP SUPPORTING TERRORISM. will be a very powerful message ,that will scare the hell of them. and force them to capitulate in Syria or Risk a major civil war.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:15 pm

600 militants & their families will be evacuated from al-Hamah & Qudsiyah in the next 24 hrs as part of agreement with Army & Gov

Militants have handed over their heavy weaponry to the Syrian Army and will begin evacuation to Idlib on Thursday with their light weapons

200 militants & ~400 family/civilians will be evacuated & 400 militants that chose to stay will have their cases settled

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 38 CukSP4EW8AAxWts
    par far

Post  par far Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:24 pm

The Saudis cowards can never win one on one.

"SAUDI ARABIA HIRING TERRORISTS IN SYRIA FOR WAR IN YEMEN".

https://southfront.org/saudi-arabia-hiring-terrorists-in-syria-for-war-in-yemen/

Shadåw
    Shadåw

Post  Shadåw Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:31 pm

Negotiations to surrender east #Aleppo under way

Breaking#Aleppo

https://twitter.com/PetoLucem/status/786229038473850882

https://twitter.com/MIG29_/status/786176418602295297

Bloody excellent news if true, if..the 'local' sources are correct, it will effectivly free up thousands of Syrian Arab Soldiers, NDF and Hezbollah fighters...but that's if it is actually true.

Loots bloody hope so. cheers

Last edited by Shadåw on Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    par far

Post  par far Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:38 pm

Was just reading Sana and there are lot's people caught selling drugs, this is something the West is trying or is this just asshole people taking advantage of a bad situation.

http://sana.sy/en/?p=90271

http://sana.sy/en/?p=90183

http://sana.sy/en/?p=89698

http://sana.sy/en/?p=89632

franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:13 am

Nice interactive map of the situation in Syria, Lebanon and Iraq.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1OSttyvbGKqntDjF8Q0vfHCHUZo4
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:13 am

President #Assad 's #Interview with Komsomolskaya #Pravda
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:08 am

The Syrian Air Force is dropping packages in Eastern Aleppo with the Syrian flag & shaving kits for militants to surrender (14/10/2016)
    Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 38 CuvldPZVIAEVt4m
    Translation of the note attached to the packages airdropped by the Syrian Air Force to militants in Eastern Aleppo today (14/10/2016)
    Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 38 CuwK7xzUkAATDzZ
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:43 am

So glad Russia stepped in to help Syria. I was reading this 2015 article today from Qatar shill Charles Lister and almost threw up: https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/why-assad-is-losing/
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:30 am

calm wrote:The Syrian Air Force is dropping packages in Eastern Aleppo with the Syrian flag & shaving kits for militants to surrender (14/10/2016)

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 38 CuvldPZVIAEVt4m
    .......[/img]

Only way this could be bigger burn is if it were followed by incendiary bomb. lol1 Razz pwnd
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:50 pm

At the checkpoint between Western Aleppo and Eastern Aleppo, explaining why the SAA can't simply storm Eastern Aleppo like they want to.

franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:15 pm

UN officials arriving to escort rebels out of East Aleppo and buses have been arriving for a couple of days. Does it actually happen and how many leave?

https://en.ria.ru/world/201610151046365764-un-aleppo-mistura-arrival/
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:43 pm

The noose tightens... building by building, block by block, neighborhood by neighborhood!

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-liberate-number-areas-east-aleppo/
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:24 pm

franco wrote:The noose tightens... building by building, block by block, neighborhood by neighborhood!

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-liberate-number-areas-east-aleppo/

Well Muammar time.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:13 pm

New Peto map

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 38 Cu0qSKsXgAAXMzO
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:41 am

Map purporting to show SAA progress in blue in last couple if weeks. Must be pretty demoralising to be in the area being compressed with no way out and wondering what was the point if the supply of virgins might be under pressure from all the dead bodies around you.

Anyone reading this in Damascus or Moscow? If so why not start a 'running out of virgins' rumour?

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 38 Cu0xfvdWIAA7s7R

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 25, 2024 10:33 am