Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+60
Airman
iraqidabab
zorobabel
Vann7
GunshipDemocracy
d_taddei2
Erlindur
archangelski
Alex555
wilhelm
JohninMK
Project Canada
VladimirSahin
Erk
AlfaT8
higurashihougi
George1
BKP
VARGR198
ultimatewarrior
auslander
KiloGolf
kvs
GarryB
magnumcromagnon
ali.a.r
Cowboy's daughter
OminousSpudd
Admin
famschopman
Karl Haushofer
Boshoed
franco
Zivo
Khepesh
PapaDragon
Neutrality
calm
par far
storm333
airstrike
Werewolf
Odin of Ossetia
medo
starman
Cyberspec
The Ottoman
Big_Gazza
Solncepek
Viktor
Shadåw
TheArmenian
Aristonicus
Regular
Azi
Godric
SeigSoloyvov
sepheronx
Resistance
Walther von Oldenburg
64 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #9

calm
    calm

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 10 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

Post  calm Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:20 pm

Update of the progress made by Turkey

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 10 Cqntq94UEAAN5C5
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:31 pm

par far wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Resistance wrote:Turkey just invaded Jarabulus. Russians, take note, how to take a city. The only city Russia ever took is Palmyra.

1. They aren't invading shit, ISIS will give it up after some fake fighting to their suppliers.

2. Russia? they have no real ground forces in syria wtf are you talking about?. Russia is just air power now unless Jets can suddenly seize ground I can see why no one takes you remotely serious. Russia cannot snap its fingers and make the SAA turn into some beast force. You know nothing about military training, Has a solider it really amuses me when civilians make this kinds of comments.

Russia is not responsible for the SAA, a force who cannot fight on it's own will die on it's own. Russia holding their hand will do nothing for them. They are doing what they can providing logistic and air power, the SAA must pull their weight.

America spent over five years training Georgians to invade South Ossetia yet conscript peacekeeping troops with less training kicked their teeth in.

I could go on about the sheer ignorance of your comment but I rather not cause I feel it will be utterly pointless.

I don't know why people respond to this troll, on the topic of Jarabulus, it is a good thing that Turkish troops are there, they will be likely there for a short while anyway and they will keep the Kurds distracted for a while, it would not surprise me one bit, if Turkey got the green light from Russia to do this(to keep the Kurds in check).

I highly doubt Turkey will give the city up when asked, this is turkey and they cannot be trusted.

We will need to see how this goes will they seize more areas from the kurds? or is this the only one?.

I will say this about syria tho just when you think it can't become an even bigger cluster fuck, it does.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:10 pm

I gotta say that I have learned one thing about Turks and Kurds in last several months: they definitely deserve each other.

After the bullshit Kurds have done in Hasakh and Castillo Road they can at least hope that Hasakh can become capital of their future state. Oh wait, they will not have a state. They won't even have a province. Once Turks are done with them they should consider themselves lucky if they are allowed to even keep their name.

They should all remember for generations to come that it was at Hasakh that they fucked themselves up for all eternity.

Seriously, they have been on US payroll for less than couple of years and they already got drunk on power. News flash: it's not your power that you got drunk on. This should serve as object lesson on nonproprietary power intoxication to some East European states as well.

There is also lesson for Iran here: don't push your luck because you are not indispensable.

Erdogan will be remembered as luckiest Turkish SOB that ever lived. He apologized to Russia just couple of days before someone punched his ticket.

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:48 pm

The only external player 'winning' right now in Syria is Turkey led by Erdocunt.
    par far

Post  par far Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:20 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    par far wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Resistance wrote:Turkey just invaded Jarabulus. Russians, take note, how to take a city. The only city Russia ever took is Palmyra.

1. They aren't invading shit, ISIS will give it up after some fake fighting to their suppliers.

2. Russia? they have no real ground forces in syria wtf are you talking about?. Russia is just air power now unless Jets can suddenly seize ground I can see why no one takes you remotely serious. Russia cannot snap its fingers and make the SAA turn into some beast force. You know nothing about military training, Has a solider it really amuses me when civilians make this kinds of comments.

Russia is not responsible for the SAA, a force who cannot fight on it's own will die on it's own. Russia holding their hand will do nothing for them. They are doing what they can providing logistic and air power, the SAA must pull their weight.

America spent over five years training Georgians to invade South Ossetia yet conscript peacekeeping troops with less training kicked their teeth in.

I could go on about the sheer ignorance of your comment but I rather not cause I feel it will be utterly pointless.

I don't know why people respond to this troll, on the topic of Jarabulus, it is a good thing that Turkish troops are there, they will be likely there for a short while anyway and they will keep the Kurds distracted for a while, it would not surprise me one bit, if Turkey got the green light from Russia to do this(to keep the Kurds in check).

I highly doubt Turkey will give the city up when asked, this is turkey and they cannot be trusted.

We will need to see how this goes will they seize more areas from the kurds? or is this the only one?.

I will say this about syria tho just when you think it can't become an even bigger cluster fuck, it does.

About the bolded part, you are right on one thing and wrong, on the other, you are right when you say that Turkey cannot be trusted and you are wrong, when you say that Turkey won't leave Syria, it is very hard to occupy, a foreign country by force(especially one that is right on your border), so Turkey might find it very expensive to do that, so they might just support, the terrorists in Syria(this will boomerang effect, it will hit Syria and then Turkey, so the Turks might just stop this). But one thing you can say for certain is that, the US, might have fucked the Kurds over.

Last edited by par far on Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Rolling Eyes
    The Battle of Marj Dābiq - Date 24 August 1516 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Marj_Dabiq

2day, as Turkey invades Syria, marks 500 yr anniversary of Battle of Marj Dabiq, when Ottomans invaded Syria occupying it 4over 400 yrs
    Coincidence. Suspect

New map.
    Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 10 CqoTg2vVMAAqq1o
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:28 pm

zorobabel wrote:The only external player 'winning' right now in Syria is Turkey led by Erdocunt.

Russia already has everything it needs locked down. They can spend rest of the war in ''low power mode'' until it's time to cash in.

As for Erdogan winning he has only Kurds to thank for it. Without them and their recent shenanigans against SAA it would not have been possible.

I hope he sends them basket of fruit or a thank-you card. It's the least they deserve after everything they done for Erdogan lately.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:35 pm

Papa, Russia lost this one. Essentially, US and Turkey are using this campaign to create a buffer zone and to continue training and arming terrorists. Al-sham is part of this battle helping turkey. US and Turkey will use this to attack Assad and Russian bases. Eventually, New leadership will be in place and Russia kicked out. Very much like Libya where Russia agreed cooperation with west and Russia lost billions in deals with Libya afterwards. So no, Russia lost this one, so did Syria. Only way they can win this, if they reverse their opinion on a unified Syrian state, and split up western Syria with the rest and let US and Turkey have fun with terrorists and Kurds, while Russia assists what is left of Syria with weapons, training and economic development.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:39 pm

Terrorists (FSA/Nusra) are facing no opposition. Seems that this is indeed a sham. Russia awfully quiet.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:43 pm

par far wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    par far wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

About the bolded part, you are right on one thing and wrong, on the other, you are right when you say that Turkey cannot be trusted and you are wrong, when you say that Turkey won't leave Syria, it is very hard to occupy, a foreign country by force(especially one that is right on your border), so Turkey might find it very expensive to do that, so they might just support, the terrorists in Syria(this will boomerang effect, it will hit Syria and then Turkey, so the Turks might just stop this). But one thing you can say for certain is that, the US, might have fucked the Kurds over.

No I am not wrong who will force them out? SAA yeah right with their track record good luck. The UN plz all they do is whine whine whine and do nothing, Russia no they won't start a war with a NATO member.

You are expecting logical and sound choices from Erodogan? thats the problem here if this works out for him he will grab all the land he can period and no one will raise a finger to it.

Sorry but russia is slowly losing this war now, If turkey is really on their side (which I highly doubt). Maybe not but this is turkey,
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:49 pm

#US Vice Pres. Biden: #YPG will lose US support if they don't retreat to east bank of Euphrates.

- BREAKING: YPG spox. "At the request of the US-backed SDF, we are withdrawing from west of the Euphrates."

- Non-YPG elements of the SDF will remain west of the Euphrates River in northern #Syria.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:51 pm

Turkey is back to being best friends of US. Probably because coup was a sham. But oh well.
    par far

Post  par far Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:54 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    par far wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    par far wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

No I am not wrong who will force them out? SAA yeah right with their track record good luck. The UN plz all they do is whine whine whine and do nothing, Russia no they won't start a war with a NATO member.

You are expecting logical and sound choices from Erodogan? thats the problem here if this works out for him he will grab all the land he can period and no one will raise a finger to it.

Sorry but russia is slowly losing this war now, If turkey is really on their side (which I highly doubt). Maybe not but this is turkey,

I know what you are trying to say SeigSoloyvov and you are right on most things, just wrong on a couple of things, Turkey will have to fight off the Kurds and they are in their country, on their borders, so this will go on for at least another decade, it will drain the Turkish economy and Turkish military resources and we have seen this before(US in Vietnam, Soviet Union in Afghanistan).

Russia is not slowly losing this war, Russia has achieved it's main objective, which was, no to get a pipeline from the Arabs to Europe.
    par far

Post  par far Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:56 pm

calm wrote:#US Vice Pres. Biden: #YPG will lose US support if they don't retreat to east bank of Euphrates.

- BREAKING: YPG spox. "At the request of the US-backed SDF, we are withdrawing from west of the Euphrates."

- Non-YPG elements of the SDF will remain west of the Euphrates River in northern #Syria.

Another golden goose egg, just landed in Russia's lap, Russia just needs to up the air strikes.
    par far

Post  par far Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:02 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    par far wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    par far wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

The Kurds will force them out, with Russian weapons.
    par far

Post  par far Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:02 pm

sepheronx wrote:Turkey is back to being best friends of US. Probably because coup was a sham. But oh well.

When were, they no best friends?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:08 pm

sepheronx wrote:Turkey is back to being best friends of US. Probably because coup was a sham. But oh well.

Has nothing to do with best friends. Biden is the past, Erdross is not going anywhere. This is needed to equalize the Kurdish issue. The situation in Jarabulus is a commedy show, there's almost not fighting at all so far.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:15 pm

FSA and So-sham took 100% of Jarablus. Comedy show. No fighting at all and all was a media campaign.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:20 pm

sepheronx wrote:Papa, Russia lost this one. Essentially, US and Turkey are using this campaign to create a buffer zone and to continue training and arming terrorists. Al-sham is part of this battle helping turkey. US and Turkey will use this to attack Assad and Russian bases. Eventually, New leadership will be in place and Russia kicked out. Very much like Libya where Russia agreed cooperation with west and Russia lost billions in deals with Libya afterwards.  So no, Russia lost this one, so did Syria. Only way they can win this, if they reverse their opinion on a unified Syrian state, and split up western Syria with the rest and let US and Turkey have fun with terrorists and Kurds, while Russia assists what is left of Syria with weapons, training and economic development.

Buffer zone? Because it wasn't a buffer zone before? Also, what does this change from the fact terrorists have been trained and equipped in and by Turkey? Now we have the other issue, you really think Iraq is going to stay there and look around? As Iraqis get closer to Mosul, the issue is clear. IS will lose Mosul and Iraq is going to be able to re-establish a border with Syria. This means three things.

1. Iran will have a closer front to hit Northern Syria, nevermind who takes the bullet.
    2. The buffer zone, is dead and gone the moment, Iraq can assert its border.
    3. No one is going to recognize a Kurdish or Sunni state in Syria.

Turkey is just trying to get some breathing room, because ISIS causes headaches now. In the meantime ISIS just raped two SDF outposts (which are also US material). This while this phony war in Northern Syria went "off". With that being said, look at how the US SDF is going to react to the US FSA (taking the fight to Kurdish YPG).

The US should have a price for political Schizophrenia.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:33 pm

sepheronx wrote:Papa, Russia lost this one. Essentially, US and Turkey are using this campaign to create a buffer zone and to continue training and arming terrorists. Al-sham is part of this battle helping turkey. US and Turkey will use this to attack Assad and Russian bases. Eventually, New leadership will be in place and Russia kicked out. Very much like Libya where Russia agreed cooperation with west and Russia lost billions in deals with Libya afterwards.  So no, Russia lost this one, so did Syria. Only way they can win this, if they reverse their opinion on a unified Syrian state, and split up western Syria with the rest and let US and Turkey have fun with terrorists and Kurds, while Russia assists what is left of Syria with weapons, training and economic development.

Not quite.

Russia and Syria have very different criteria for winning.

Russian objectives are achieved. West part (the usable one) is theirs. Syria as a state lost but they lost long ago.

They should have cleared out entire country in the first three months that Russia was eradicating their enemies. Any remotely competent army would have. They have only themselves to blame.

And you described perfectly what needs to be done next: create separate Latakia & Damascus state and sit back and let everyone else slaughter each other in rest of that wasteland for years to come.

Nobody will ever attack Russian bases there. Russia has all the chips it needs. They just need to wait till the game is over so they can cash them in. As for Syrians they should have played better instead of fucking up 24/7. I think that Aleppo/Iran base/Kurds fiasco combo was final straw for Russia and they just said ''screw this, let's see what we got out of this for ourselves''

A healthy attitude. Let others enjoy hell while Russia expands those bases on the coast.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:56 pm

sepheronx wrote:FSA and So-sham took 100% of Jarablus. Comedy show. No fighting at all and all was a media campaign.

Not shocked just has I said. I know how the game works.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:25 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:FSA and So-sham took 100% of Jarablus. Comedy show. No fighting at all and all was a media campaign.

Of course Turkey won't be fighting their own flunkies, they are there to fight Kurds.
    par far

Post  par far Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:29 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

Of course Turkey won't be fighting their own flunkies, they are there to fight Kurds.

Which is good for Russia, if the Kurds are out of line, than just have Turks deal with them and if the Turks are out of line, than just have the Kurds deal with them. Funny how that works.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:34 pm

meanwhile in aleppo ,new videos surface of the shooting gallery contest
    that is happening in the opened siege of Aleppo. It might be "open" for bodies
    to enter but is also open for bullets too to fly . Cool

Looks like a little desperate ..
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:55 pm

Hasakh was totally worth it. Independent State of Rojava will happen any day now... Razz
    Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 10 4edn1lt714m48z6zg

Trouble in paradise lol1

Hassan Ridha ‏@sayed_ridha

Clashes reported between FSA & SDF forces at 'Amarnah south of Jarablus

https://twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/768508377978634241

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:09 pm