Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+37
The Ottoman
archangelski
jhelb
GarryB
sepheronx
Kadmos45
Kazaak
medo
Solncepek
SeigSoloyvov
par far
AlfaT8
higurashihougi
zorobabel
Zivo
d_taddei2
Big_Gazza
Resistance
Cowboy's daughter
OminousSpudd
Werewolf
ahmedfire
George1
franco
Admin
Regular
JohninMK
Rodinazombie
Airbornewolf
VARGR198
PapaDragon
sweartome123
KoTeMoRe
Vann7
Hannibal Barca
TheArmenian
GunshipDemocracy
41 posters

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey Empty Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:18 pm

Military coup attempt in Turkey. Chronicle of events

http://ria.ru/world/20160715/1467044001.html

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey 1434122222

Military coup attempt in Turkey. Chronicle of events–
    23:15
    A large number of ambulances sent to the General staff building of Turkey
    23:07
    The Prime Minister of Turkey reported the attempted military coup in the country
    23:05
    In Ankara blocked Facebook and Twitter
    23:03
    All personnel of the security forces and the police urgently summoned to work in Ankara
    22:59
    In Ankara shootings, over the city fly fighter jets and helicopters

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/world/20160715/1467044001.html#ixzz4EVhiL9VZ

https://twitter.com/borzou/status/754037998086393856/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey CnbhaHsWAAEhud6
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey Empty Military Coup in Turkey

Post  TheArmenian Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:20 pm

https://www.rt.com/news/351334-ankara-shooting-jets-helicopters/

Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey Empty Re: Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey

Post  Hannibal Barca Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:24 pm

I re-post here a comment I made in other thread:

I would never expect to say this but I hope Erdogan to survive this coup and Russia to play a role in his survival. This is critical now American lose traction in their puppets with accelerating pace. They had to finish Erdogan before he could turn them his back but he is experienced and he may pull this over.
    Vann7

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey Empty Re: Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey

Post  Vann7 Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:36 pm

Holy Shit.. about time..  Shocked

The question is if the military is successful  ,who will be behind it..
    Americans,Israel,Saudis? to continue the hard stance against Russia?
    or an ANTI NATO side and PRO Russia?   Shocked

truly shocking.

if im going to bet , NATO have to be behind this coup.
    Saudi Arabia threatened just last night Erdogan with a kurds revolution if
    betray their rebels.

Last edited by Vann7 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:36 pm

Fuckin' Ace, only 5 years late guys.
    sweartome123

Post  sweartome123 Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:44 pm

Did not see that coming. I wonder how NATO will react to this.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:44 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:Fuckin' Ace, only 5 years late guys.

That´s why I was saying Erdogan was calling Putin because he knew something´s were cooking...I presume that sponsors the same as in coup/maidown attempts in 2012 in Russia...Pindosy. Always same source of evil.

I would like Erdo stayed and continued cooperation with Russia...new regime will be anti-Russian  by design, US design

Last edited by GunshipDemocracy on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:45 pm

I am coming out of voluntary exile for this shit. Suspect

Is this for real???

I said back in the winter they should do it but I was not expecting they go full retro... Nice!!!!

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:46 pm

This has been confirmed as a Coup against Erdogan. Istanbul and Ankara have both been seized with curfew enforced. No one knows yet to what level of the military is a part of this. Is it the whole military or just part of it. Gunfire and jets over Ankara reported

https://twitter.com/JosephHDempsey/status/754051014257434626/photo/1

Last edited by VARGR198 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:48 pm

PapaDragon wrote:I am coming out of voluntary exile for this shit.  Suspect

Is this for real???

I said back in the winter they should do it but I was not expecting they go full retro... Nice!!!!

I think it's a probing attempt. I also think Erdogan is going to have many issues regarding the way he fucked up the Kurdish truce for his Syrian Gamblit. The death toll of the Turkish military must have been a real issue if they go back in time. Nevermind ISIS shitjob.

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:50 pm

sweartome123 wrote:Did not see that coming. I wonder how NATO will react to this.

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:50 pm

Russia military base in Syria will have to be on highest alert ,very careful...
    because NATO can attack it ,passing as a rebel pilot from the coup of erdogan ,

So Putin will do well ordering all this planes and staff to move away from the base and relocate to another.. until the coup ends..  and be in maximum alert ..because the new Government
    of Turkey could be even more hostile to Russia and start a war with Russia.

Nice time for Russian tourist to be in Turkey.  No
    I just knew it was not really the right time for Russians to flee to vacations to Turkey
    with the tensions remaining.

So Russia will do well to be on the highest alert ,when a potential war can start ,
    driven by NATO by proxy using Turkey military rebels and Russia attacked.  The kerry visit to Russia could be  a diversion ,to made it look US is seeking closer cooperation.

Ukraine could also restart the war against Donetsk .many things can happen.
    when the world attention is on Turkey. the next 24 hours will be critical for Russia to raise
    its security to the highest possible level of a potential major war ,where they could also be
    attacked.

Very important too.. in Syria.. the terrorist for sure will be asked to start all major offensive.. since Russia will be unable to continue fighting when it doesn't know what will happen ,
    in Turkey , if it will have to defend against an attack from a new more hostile government.

Last edited by Vann7 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:50 pm

same for me man, crawling out of my shell for this one.

this is real, the "coup" side got control over it seems all sorts of assets. infantry, mechanised, armoured, hell they even got helicopters and Aircraft doing low-level "intimidation" over Ankara.

Latest report of the army is surrounding the AKP (erdogan's) party building.

EDIT: also there is an reported assault in progress on the Turkish intelligence HQ. and the rumour the Coup forces detained some high ranking officials but that might be misinformation.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:58 pm

Guess its time for me to dust off my sofa generals uniform for this.

Holy SHIT!

I was expecting something to happen eventually in turkey but a real, vintage style coup? I though this kind of thing only happened in africa thesedays?

What strikes me, is that they are saying its a 'faction within the army' and that the said faction is not doing this on the orders of the top brass, so if the top brass will have enough clout then we may end up with another civil war here.

Also they are saying the 'coupists' are ordering that erdogan not be allowed to leave the country.
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:00 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:Guess its time for me to dust off my sofa generals uniform for this.

Holy SHIT!

I was expecting something to happen eventually in turkey but a real, vintage style coup? I though this kind of thing only happened in africa thesedays?

What strikes me, is that they are saying its a 'faction within the army' and that the said faction is not doing this on the orders of the top brass, so if the top brass will have enough clout then we may end up with another civil war here.

Also they are saying the 'coupists' are ordering that erdogan not be allowed to leave the country.

I guess thats where the F-16's are over Ankara to prevent just that.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:03 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:Guess its time for me to dust off my sofa generals uniform for this.

Holy SHIT!

I guess thats where the F-16's are over Ankara to prevent just that.

He is supposedly on vacation away from ankara.

I hope poroshenko is watching closely.

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:09 pm

The top brass are all Erdogan people following the 'clearout' he has done over the past few years. So junior officers will regard them as part of the regime. Maybe the 'cleaned-out' top brass are behind it. They would certainly have the motive.

On the other hand this could be a military 'colour' revolution assisted by the US. But bear in mind that the different branches of the US seem to have different players and strategies in the middle east, often appearing to be on opposing sides in the disputes.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:17 pm

Shouldn't have shot Russian jet, Turkish cunt. Hope Erdogan goes to jail. And I really hope coup will bring more rational secular people in power. Turkish Islamo-fascism was long overdue.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:18 pm

JohninMK wrote: On the other hand this could be a military 'colour' revolution assisted by the US. But bear in mind that the different branches of the US seem to have different players and strategies in the middle east, often appearing to be on opposing sides
    in the disputes.

That´s exactly what I believe in. Erdo wants to build gas-pipe with Russia? cooperate? too much for sponsors of democracy. They need blood and war.
    Check below sponsors revealed. No more Russian gas pipe.

U.S. Secretary of state John Kerry expressed the hope that Turkey "will be stability, peace and continuity", but said he could not yet comment on the latest developments in the country.
    "As for Turkey: since we (with Russian foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov) the whole day engaged in intense discussions, Sergey and I only at the last minute found out about what is happening or not happening. So I have nothing to say, except that we heard the same messages that other. I have no details at this moment," Kerry said after talks in Moscow.

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/world/20160715/1467044001.html#ixzz4EVwy9beN

Regular wrote:Shouldn't have shot Russian jet, Turkish cunt. Hope Erdogan goes to jail. And I really hope coup will bring more rational secular people in power. Turkish Islamo-fascism was long overdue.

The new govt will be pro-Us like in Ukropistan or Poland. No reasons to celebrate.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:26 pm

The Turkish military will continue its current international relations after the coup
    23:34
    The Turkish authorities detained, said the General staff

The General staff of the Turkish armed forces announced the transition of power in the country in his hands and the removal from power of the Turkish leadership. The corresponding statement of the General staff it was announced on air of TV channel NTV on Friday. The website of the General staff is not available.

23:33
    The Turkish General staff announced the seizure of power in the country

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/world/20160715/1467044001.html#ixzz4EVzJPOYN
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:28 pm

PapaDragon wrote:I am coming out of voluntary exile for this shit.  Suspect

Is this for real???

just stay will be even more interesting soon. Syrian express has raio similar to Q3/2015...
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:31 pm

They have detained "part of AKP leadership" and "Authorities".

This, this is Turkish pride at work. Fucking Turks, when you start almost hating their guts they put a 180 and show courage and balls.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:36 pm

Erdogan just made a statement calling the turkish people to come out on the streets and congregate on public squares etc to block the coupists, he said 'let them do what they will on the public squares'

That sounds pretty damn desperate to me...
    VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:38 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:Erdogan just made a statement calling the turkish people to come out on the streets and congregate on public squares etc to block the coupists, he said 'let them do what they will on the public squares'

That sounds pretty damn desperate to me...

Thats what the analysts on Sky News stated. He is clearly holed up in a hotel somewhere and has no control calling on the general public as a last final desperate attempt to regain control.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:39 pm

My best guess this is a Pro NATO coup ,organized by NATO ,to reverse ERdogan
    latest decisions to restore relations with Russia ,at some level and start cooperating.
    Then You have Saudi Threat to Turkey of a revolution.

Whatever it is.. i don't think United States will have been happy of any kind
    of cooperation of Erdogan with Russia ,not even small one .. So they are the most likely
    ones to be behind the coup.

So i will not be surprised if the military new policy ,is to return to the original Erdogan anti Russian stance .and keep Russia busy in Syria by sending more terrorist.

By removing Erdogan , the white house can blame Erdogan for giving american
    weapons to ISIS and and effectively distance from Erdogan while keeping control
    of Turkey. Also will allow to Safe face in the world by demanding extradition of Erdogan..
    People should not forget , the Americans always have a plan B or C for everything.
    the replacement of Erdogan live in United States since a decade. and they were preparing him ,
    just in case they become betrayed by Erdogan. and he is guess what? an Islamic Extremist
    like ISIS. and controls radical islamic schools in United States.

Last edited by Vann7 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:31 am