Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+54
jhelb
auslander
Big_Gazza
archangelski
Erlindur
Azi
cracker
nemrod
Hannibal Barca
zorobabel
Odin of Ossetia
AlfaT8
Resistance
crod
SeigSoloyvov
chinggis
KiloGolf
Shadåw
KoTeMoRe
Heartbeer
SturmGuard
max steel
medo
par far
higurashihougi
Viktor
Werewolf
x_54_u43
TheArmenian
VladimirSahin
GarryB
Project Canada
Karl Haushofer
Isos
OminousSpudd
franco
arpakola
d_taddei2
kvs
zg18
Solncepek
magnumcromagnon
Regular
Vann7
ultron
sepheronx
flamming_python
PapaDragon
JohninMK
George1
calm
GunshipDemocracy
Neutrality
Dima
58 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #8

VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Syrian Civil War: News #8 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #8

Post  VladimirSahin Sat May 28, 2016 4:25 am

OminousSpudd wrote:
    VladimirSahin wrote:
    kvs wrote:I hope the Kurds get the proper message from this decision.  The US is willing to throw them under the bus
    without a second thought to please Turdkey.  

Kurds aren't as good a force as you think. They'll even go to war with Assad for territorial gains. They're just a good force to use against Turkey, for arming a fu** ton of terrorists in Syria.
    The more I hear about these Kurds the more I feel they need a serious priority rethink. Just read an article from one of our propaganda outlets about some girl from Denmark who went off and joined up with the Kurds, and blah blah big dramatized story about her killing ISIS, but she also goes on to explain how she was killing Syrian Gov troops as well...

Right... Kurds are not to be trusted they join the side that helps their situation. Foreign countries have always used this to their advantage against countries with large Kurdish populations.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sat May 28, 2016 8:28 am

VladimirSahin wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:
    VladimirSahin wrote:
    kvs wrote:I hope the Kurds get the proper message from this decision.  The US is willing to throw them under the bus
    without a second thought to please Turdkey.  

Kurds aren't as good a force as you think. They'll even go to war with Assad for territorial gains. They're just a good force to use against Turkey, for arming a fu** ton of terrorists in Syria.
    The more I hear about these Kurds the more I feel they need a serious priority rethink. Just read an article from one of our propaganda outlets about some girl from Denmark who went off and joined up with the Kurds, and blah blah big dramatized story about her killing ISIS, but she also goes on to explain how she was killing Syrian Gov troops as well...

Right... Kurds are not to be trusted they join the side that helps their situation. Foreign countries have always used this to their advantage against countries with large Kurdish populations.

Kurds have been played by everyone which is why they came to trust no one but themselves and often not even themselves. But such is their historical path. Russia has been Kurds greatest supporters throughout history and I think Kurds know that strong Russia can be their only ally as the very ideas or Kurds state, education, military training, organizational and etc help always came from the strong Russia even from the days of Russian tzars. Thats why I have no doubt in Kurds. They can be problematic but in the end they know to whom lies their allegiance.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat May 28, 2016 11:36 am

It's funny because in the long run it's not shills like ISIS or Nusra or FSA that are the issue, it's a nationalist struggle with the like of YPG...
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat May 28, 2016 10:31 pm

I believe that current situation might be pretty advantageous for Russia. Russia with minimal loss lets Kurds to fight in Syria and reject partnership with US or US must reject partnership with Turkey. Either way Russia has considerable political gains without own resources or entering in an open conflict with Turkey. I think next step will be freeing nord along border till Kurdish area. Then Turkey hits Kurds as more imminent threat. Kurds ask US for help...interesting isnt it?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun May 29, 2016 12:09 am

A completely different view on Fortrus, 'attack on Raqqa? what with? Lots more at link.

Yesterday, it was reported that the Kurds had already liberated “as many as” 3 villages, and that ISIS terrorists were allegedly retreating under the onslaught of YPG fighters in the northern province of Raqqa.

A source in the Syrian General Staff told Russian Spring’s war correspondent in Syria that the information obtained by intelligence agents and UAV’s clearly indicates that we are dealing with nothing more than a big bluff, since no such “huge force”, as it was dubbed by the media, has been deployed to this front.

“Despite the loud PR campaign, there is no such large-scale offensive on Raqqa. The SDF’s groupings have indeed grown and fighting has intensified, but there is nothing unusual in this. For months already, the Kurds have been fighting with ISIS in Raqqa province, slowly trying to move forward. But there is no indication that they are now, or will soon be, nearing the administrative center of the Muhafazah. At this rate, this could go on for years,” the officer of the Syrian Arab Army said.

The source found it difficult to answer why such a fuss has been made, and suggested that this might have something to do with the US presidential elections or the desire to conceal some other operation or inaction.

The officer also added that the “Syrian Democratic Front” does not possess sufficient forces for a large-scale offensive on ISIS’ “capital,” and, despite media reports that US Marines are deployed near Raqqa, it is obvious that the US is never going to leave hundreds of its soldiers to die in an assault on such a well fortified city.

http://www.fort-russ.com/2016/05/syrian-general-staff-officer-american.html
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun May 29, 2016 8:34 am

JohninMK wrote:A completely different view on Fortrus, 'attack on Raqqa? what with? Lots more at link.

The officer also added that the “Syrian Democratic Front” does not possess sufficient forces for a large-scale offensive on ISIS’ “capital,” and, despite media reports that US Marines are deployed near Raqqa, it is obvious that the US is never going to leave hundreds of its soldiers to die in an assault on such a well fortified city.

http://www.fort-russ.com/2016/05/syrian-general-staff-officer-american.html

So next "wag the dog"  US victory before elections? Laughing
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun May 29, 2016 1:52 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:It's funny because in the long run it's not shills like ISIS or Nusra or FSA that are the issue, it's a nationalist struggle with the like of YPG...
    Well it will be up to Russia and USA to agree about Kurdish future. Nationalistic kurds are 1000x better than "democratic moderates" in my book. The way they are expanding is understandable as it gives them upperhand later for negotiations and it also provides them with bufferzone. I wish they will establish Kurdistan and add nice portion of Turkey into it:)
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun May 29, 2016 2:00 pm

Not much left of the rebels in North Aleppo No

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/gulf-backed-rebels-falling-apart-northern-aleppo/

and then the Americans who are suppose to be flying air support for them against ISIS, bombs them by mistake... what are friends for? dunno

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/us-airstrike-accidentally-kills-gulf-backed-rebels-northern-aleppo/
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun May 29, 2016 2:14 pm

Regular wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:It's funny because in the long run it's not shills like ISIS or Nusra or FSA that are the issue, it's a nationalist struggle with the like of YPG...
    Well it will be up to Russia and USA to agree about Kurdish future. Nationalistic kurds are 1000x better than "democratic moderates" in my book. The way they are expanding is understandable as it gives them upperhand later for negotiations and it also provides them with bufferzone. I wish they will establish Kurdistan and add nice portion of Turkey into it:)

For the moment indeed, they're the "best option/evil". But from a long term viewpoint they're also the Nuclear Option. So basically I don't think we should all pat ourselves in the back. It's a serious issue, and it will need a lot of hard ball bargaining to get the Kurds to accept a KRG like entity within Syria. Mostly because unlike the KRG, Syrian Rojava has no oil or Gas. So the main cash cow would be cross-border taxes and/or traffic. We know how badly that ended up with Sunnis doing the same in on the Iraqi border.

It's one of those self sustaining wounds that only thrives with these shitty situations. And with the US being on and off regarding Kurdish issue, it's only a recipe for disaster. I'd like for the Kurds to have a piece of land that the Mongolians stole from us 800 years ago, but in all seriousness I see also a lot of shi* sandwiches waiting to be handed over.

franco wrote:Not much left of the rebels in North Aleppo   No

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/gulf-backed-rebels-falling-apart-northern-aleppo/

and then the Americans who are suppose to be flying air support for them against ISIS, bombs them by mistake... what are friends for?  dunno

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/us-airstrike-accidentally-kills-gulf-backed-rebels-northern-aleppo/

Finally we're there guys. ISIS doing the right moves.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun May 29, 2016 3:54 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Regular wrote:

For the moment indeed, they're the "best option/evil". But from a long term viewpoint they're also the Nuclear Option. So basically I don't think we should all pat ourselves in the back. It's a serious issue, and it will need a lot of hard ball bargaining to get the Kurds to accept a KRG like entity within Syria. Mostly because unlike the KRG, Syrian Rojava has no oil or Gas. So the main cash cow would be cross-border taxes and/or traffic. We know how badly that ended up with Sunnis doing the same in on the Iraqi border.

It's one of those self sustaining wounds that only thrives with these shitty situations. And with the US being on and off regarding Kurdish issue, it's only a recipe for disaster. I'd like for the Kurds to have a piece of land that the Mongolians stole from us 800 years ago, but in all seriousness I see also a lot of shi* sandwiches waiting to be handed over.

Looks like Sykes-Picot-Sazanov  II, in I Russia was about to get Dardanelles/Bosphorus afaik what is not bad.

Syrian Civil War: News #8 - Page 6 Sykes-picot-sazanov

Now Armenia will grow. Kurds get own state in terrain of nowadays Turkey, Russians north of Bosphorus and Georgia Smile France and UK will stay out of map Razz for Italians just from Vova to Silvio as gift to close cooperation with aerospace industry and designers for Russian weapons Razz Razz Razz
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun May 29, 2016 4:43 pm

As far as fantasies go If anything KstPl should either be an International Area or then handed to the Greeks and Italians. Russia has not much business in that area. However, I don't understand how the Turks are going t get the areas they last stole to build their country, while basically Bythinia is Greeker than Kstpl. Also Pontic Greek Area going to Russia is fair enough. But you know the deal.

Syrian Civil War: News #8 - Page 6 Pontus
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun May 29, 2016 5:52 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:As far as fantasies go If anything KstPl should either be an International Area or then handed to the Greeks and Italians. Russia has not much business in that area. However, I don't understand how the Turks are going t get the areas they last stole to build their country, while basically Bythinia is Greeker than Kstpl. Also Pontic Greek Area going to Russia is fair enough. But you know the deal.

Syrian Civil War: News #8 - Page 6 Pontus

Intl = us or uk/fr so no never intl. Russia would never miss having Bosphorus nobody will give this to Italy or back Grece. Greeks could get compensation another part of turkey and Armenia too Smile
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun May 29, 2016 6:37 pm

franco wrote:Not much left of the rebels in North Aleppo   No

and then the Americans who are suppose to be flying air support for them against ISIS, bombs them by mistake... what are friends for?  dunno

Well in all honesty friendly fire does happen no going around it. Still, no pity from me.

The map from Franco's article:

Syrian Civil War: News #8 - Page 6 P_148v00t11-2736x2520
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sun May 29, 2016 6:59 pm

Turkey should be painted ISIL black !
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sun May 29, 2016 7:02 pm

Viktor wrote:Turkey should be painted ISIL black !

lol1
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun May 29, 2016 7:04 pm

If this video really is of northern Aleppo, then the B-52 is in an interesting place and height.

franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun May 29, 2016 7:28 pm

That B-52 does look weird in that scenario but they were rumored to be deployed to the area. Just that no one could figure out for what use. As for the other, obviously an A-10 and at the :50 mark you can hear the distinct buzz of it's Gatling gun.

Post  Guest Sun May 29, 2016 8:01 pm

JohninMK wrote:If this video really is of northern Aleppo, then the B-52 is in an interesting place and height.

Some estimation 7000m, which means CAS most likely. Might look like unusual platform for it but US seems to have been using it in that role recently quite alot. Videos from its targeting devices while used over Iraq aganist ISIS were released. Also fairly low lvl flying with delivery of high-precision warload.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun May 29, 2016 9:40 pm

Militarov wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:If this video really is of northern Aleppo, then the B-52 is in an interesting place and height.

Some estimation 7000m, which means CAS most likely. Might look like unusual platform for it but US seems to have been using it in that role recently quite alot. Videos from its targeting devices while used over Iraq aganist ISIS were released. Also fairly low lvl flying with delivery of high-precision warload.

Yeah, that's asking for trouble...
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon May 30, 2016 7:22 am

Ultron mode on- Why Putin doesnt shoot that B-53 down, oh I knoe the answer! He is traitor!! Pantsir and S500 is no good! Putin sold out Novosyria!
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Mon May 30, 2016 10:40 am

Regular wrote:Ultron mode on- Why Putin doesnt shoot that B-53 down, oh I knoe the answer! He is traitor!! Pantsir and S500 is no good! Putin sold out Novosyria!

damn you mate, I just spilled coffee on keyboard ! Laughing Laughing Laughing
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon May 30, 2016 12:18 pm

Thanks, you just kinda pointed out that we have been spared his comments for a little while. Oh the peace Very Happy
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Mon May 30, 2016 12:59 pm

CPSU Syria's opposition has called the conditions to join the group "Moscow-Cairo"

RIA NOVOSTI CPSU OPPOSITION, SYRIA CAN JOIN THE GROUP "MOSCOW-CAIRO" IF IT IS DECIDED THAT ASSAD WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE POLITICAL TRANSITION — COMMITTEE

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/syria/20160530/1440683609.html#ixzz4A8TBl0Mk

so so now losers put forward conditions?
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon May 30, 2016 2:30 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:CPSU Syria's opposition has called the conditions to join the group "Moscow-Cairo"

RIA NOVOSTI CPSU OPPOSITION, SYRIA CAN JOIN THE GROUP "MOSCOW-CAIRO" IF IT IS DECIDED THAT ASSAD WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE POLITICAL TRANSITION — COMMITTEE

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/syria/20160530/1440683609.html#ixzz4A8TBl0Mk

so so now losers put forward conditions?

CPSU = Communist Party of the Soviet Union? scratch

What are they doing managing the Syrian opposition?
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Mon May 30, 2016 6:04 pm

The Iranian foreign Ministry: Advisory mission in Iraq and Syria will continue

РИА Новости http://ria.ru/world/20160530/1440832293.html#ixzz4A9iEaSix

thumbsup

flamming_python wrote:

CPSU = Communist Party of the Soviet Union? scratch

What are they doing managing the Syrian opposition?

shame on you Razz you did not check original - translation here sucks I admit. in original was

VKP = ВКП (Высший комитет по переговорам). = High Negotiations Committee (HNC) i.e. terrorist saudi backed scum Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:10 am